PDA

View Full Version : BioShock..

Kris P Lettus
09-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone have/played it yet??

I know Blitz has it.. I started playing it last night and it's pretty f'n sweet.. I love the 1-2 punch of the guns and the Plasmids or whatever.. Animation and gameplay are both awesome..

Question: did anyone have an extra slot when you got to telekinesis?? Like were you able to get it, along with fire and shock??

DS
09-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I have it. You have to buy extra slots down the line. You buy them at machines just like you buy supplies and such.

It's fun for short periods but it's not as engaging as I imaged it would be. At points I just want to get it done with so I can move on to something that isn't the same.

Kris P Lettus
09-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Are you saying it's repeditive??

OssMan
09-08-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah i's probably gonna sell the worst game i ever played Two Worlds and buy bioshok. tell me this, is there mad text on the screen all around innit cause if so im not gonna bother cause text on i might as well use a magnifying glass if i want to read anything on x box 360.

Kris P Lettus
09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't have an HD and the text hasn't bothered me..

I still haven't played Dead Rising for that very reason..

Requiem
09-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Loved it. If you really try to understand the world that was created for you, it is a great game. You can see how the people have really just lost their minds because of the plasmids, and you can understand why they want the Adam so bad. The idea behind the story was great, and I definitely thought it was well done. I didn't get to play all the way through it because I started and some douche saved over my file after being a good 6 or 7 hours in, so I got pissed and just haven't played it again.

DS
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
The levels get very repeditive, yes. You end up having to pratically run back and forth through them for different objectives. It's not bad but I have to take breaks otherwise I get extremely bored with it. And that kills the suspense that the game brings too. I end up not getting scared because I'm too bored to care.

I debated buying it at $60 because of it only being single player and I regret that I did because I see myself trading this is as soon as I beat it. If I ever get back to it.

Blitz
09-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Love it love it love it. Haven't been so interested in a video game in a long while. My only complaint is the ending, which I felt was slightly lacking. Other than that, easy 10.

And I had no problems with the text on my non-HDTV.

Blitz
12-02-2007, 01:24 AM
They're releasing some patches next week, along with some free DLC, including new plasmids.

Kris P Lettus
12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
I stopped playing this like 50% into it..

:(

I need to borrow my lil bros 360, once he finishes beating Halo 3 for the 18th time..

Vietnamese Crippler
12-02-2007, 01:40 AM
I got about 10% into it then I bought Crysis :o

LoDownM
12-02-2007, 01:43 AM
It's pretty sweet. Crysis is better tho.

G
12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Really don't see a reason to play through this a 2nd time. :(

Mr. Monday Morning
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Same.

Although, new plasmids + missing a few achievements the first time round might be enough for me to mess around for another few hours.

Mr. Nerfect
12-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I have this game, and never really got into it. Still haven't made a dent. It's admirable in terms of the atmosphere and technical qualities it has, and apparently the story is great, but I dunno. Just not feeling it. Is it worth pressing forward with it?

Kris P Lettus
12-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah..

From the bit I played it was uber fun and had a really good storeyline and graphics..

The gameplay is pretty sweet also..

Fignuts
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah for some reason, I don't feel like playing thru again. A multiplayer wouldn't be a bad idea for a patch at this point.

ClockShot
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
So I just finished this a little while ago. Pretty good if you ask me. That last 100 yards before the final boss sucked. But other than that, I'd play the sequel they got planned.

Mr Regal
01-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Borrowed this off a friend, played it for about an hour or so. Pretty intense and scary. I really like it, been busy with life this past week and a bit but i will pick it up sometime next week again i'm sure. Oh and it looks amazing, first 360 game so far that has really impressed me.