PDA

View Full Version : TNA No Surrender 2007

Xero
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah, there's a PPV.

Only making a thread because of this (from PWInsider):

"Sting started unloading on Killings and nailed the Scorpion death Drop. Killings got his shoulder up at the last second. Sting splashes Killings. Pacman Jones tagged in and faces off with Sting. Angle attacked Sting and hit the Olympic Slam. Jones covered Sting and pinned him, 1-2-3, and the cameras MISSED THE ENTIRE PINFALL BECAUSE THEY WERE SHOWING KAREN ANGLE ON THE FLOOR. Terrible finish, terrible camera work and when you think about it, the booking made no sense whatsoever because why would Karen want to cost her husband a title?"

lol

McLegend
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I would put the camera on Karen too.

YOUR Hero
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
ahaha

..so Is Pacman Jones a champ or something now?

Mr. JL
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
lol TNA lol

FourFifty
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
lol TNA lol

Mercury Bullet
09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Dear god they outdo themselves every show...

Skippord
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Jay Lethal over Kurt Angle

Innovator
09-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow they did something right for once

KingofOldSchool
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow they did something right for once

Pacman Jones winning a title or showing Karen Angle on the floor?

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
The shit with Team Pacman sounds horrible, but on this same PPV, Kazarian and Robert Roode have apparently had a decent match; Rhino got to Gore James Storm through a table, and then Gore Jackie Moore; and Jay Lethal defeated Kurt Angle cleanly to become the TNA X-Division Champion, which will be a huge boost to one of their youngest and brightest.

It's kind of a mixed bag, at the moment.

Innovator
09-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Pacman Jones winning a title or showing Karen Angle on the floor?Lethal getting a clean pin on Angle, but close second to showing Karen the MILF

KingofOldSchool
09-09-2007, 10:11 PM
MCMG should've won the tag gauntlet.

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Also, The Motor City Machine Guns actually made it to the pinfall/submission portion of the Tag Team Gauntlet, which was ultimately won by AJ Styles & Tomko, who have been really entertaining in recent weeks.

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
MCMG should've won the tag gauntlet.

They're definitely the best team TNA has, but they're lucky they made it as far as they did. Last I remember, they were jobbing to VKM in 90 second matches. That is just criminal, so I hope this is the beginning of a rebuild.

Skippord
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Styles and Tomko are incredible

KayfabeMan
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Can anyone post pics of Karen Angle?

6to1
09-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Jay Lethal over Kurt Angle
i am glad to hear that to save the x belt

Fox
09-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Great show. Well worth the money. Angle vs. Lethal was amazing.

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm really glad they gave the win to Lethal. The guy is so young (he's only 21, I believe), and he can work. He's not the best in the world, or anything, but he's solid. Plus the guy is over like rover. It is not unusual to hear him getting the biggest pop when TNA does a house show somewhere. Going over Angle makes him look great, and puts the X-Division Title on a guy with a lot of potential.

Now all they need to do is follow it up with some great booking for Lethal, and not have him lose the belt on Impact!.

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Black Reign sounds a little ridiculous, though, and the opening match sounds like a mess. I guess you take the good with the bad, however. Samoa Joe snapping sounds fun, and I really think they should go with Angle vs. Joe at Bound For Glory, rather than Angle vs. Sting. A Three-Way would not be the most horrible thing over, with Angle being the heel, Sting being the "goody-good" babyface, and Samoa Joe being more the tweener/ruthless face.

The One
09-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't remember who said it, but before this event someone made a bitching comment about with how idiotic TNA's booking is, Angle was going to drop the Tag Titles to some ex-football guy and the X Title to some black Savage impersonator but then retain the supposed best belt in the industry after losing two matches. I assured them not even TNA was that stupid. Apparently, not only are they that stupid, the camera men (and director) have been chugging the dumbass juice management drinks by the gallons.

Why to out fuck yourself TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't remember who said it, but before this event someone made a bitching comment about with how idiotic TNA's booking is, Angle was going to drop the Tag Titles to some ex-football guy and the X Title to some black Savage impersonator but then retain the supposed best belt in the industry after losing two matches. I assured them not even TNA was that stupid. Apparently, not only are they that stupid, the camera men (and director) have been chugging the dumbass juice management drinks by the gallons.

Why to out fuck yourself TNA.

I disagree, and think all the belts are where they belong. OK, maybe not on Pacman Jones, but I'm happy with Lethal going over, and Angle beating Abyss. I would have done things in a different order, though:

Angle should have defended the TNA World Heavyweight Title first, as per his wishes, so he can be freshest for his World Title match. He defeats Abyss with help from Ricky Banderas (I hate the name "Judas Mesias"). Angle retains, Abyss looks strong, as Angle needed help, and we have a new upper mid-card feud.

Then we should have gotten the X-Division Title match, with Angle losing cleanly to Lethal. To close the show, give us the TNA World Tag Team Title match, with Angle pulling shenanigans to get Pacman out of the match, but Killings gets someone else in. Sting is upset that Angle put their match on last, and that he expected Sting to do most of the work in the match, and that sets up the feud between the two.

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2007, 02:14 AM
I must say, Kurt Angle retaining the TNA World Title the way he did sounds wrong. There should have been in-match interference from Ricky Banderas, to explain why Abyss couldn't get the job done after Angle wrestled two matches, and lost one of them cleanly.

The One
09-10-2007, 02:20 AM
I must say, Kurt Angle retaining the TNA World Title the way he did sounds wrong. There should have been in-match interference from Ricky Banderas, to explain why Abyss couldn't get the job done after Angle wrestled two matches, and lost one of them cleanly.

That's my biggest bitch. Mind you I didn't watch it, I just read results...

Or your idea of putting the World Title match first (Champs wishes or something of the sort) would have been a perfectly acceptable explaination. But no, TNA had to go dicking around and fuck themselves. God TNA in my opinion has more to work with than WWE does in terms of interesting angles and talented workers, but they just make the absolute dumbest choices possible. :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
09-10-2007, 02:28 AM
That's my biggest bitch. Mind you I didn't watch it, I just read results...

Or your idea of putting the World Title match first (Champs wishes or something of the sort) would have been a perfectly acceptable explaination. But no, TNA had to go dicking around and fuck themselves. God TNA in my opinion has more to work with than WWE does in terms of interesting angles and talented workers, but they just make the absolute dumbest choices possible. :nono:

I agree with this. A lot of it does sound like a mess.

TNA seems to have a lot more ups than the WWE, but they also have some really yucky lows. Hopefully now that they have their second hour, they can cut down on the car crash booking, and be a little smarter and more patient with their writing.

Disturbed316
09-10-2007, 07:42 AM
ROFL almost as good as when they cut to them reading from scripts.

Inadequacy
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
ROFL almost as good as when they cut to them reading from scripts.

Hey, I marked out for that