PDA

View Full Version : The Rock VS Mankind - Halftime Heat

Ricky
03-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Never seen this match, so just wondering if anyone knows if it's on any tapes or DVDs, and if so which one's?

(and yes this should probably be in the q&a forum, but this is the board I was on when I got back to my computer, so this is the one I'm posting it on)

Cactus Sid
03-02-2004, 06:25 AM
If you can get hold of Mick Foley - Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops, its on that (only on DVD)

Ricky
03-02-2004, 06:27 AM
OK cheers.

Disturbed316
03-02-2004, 06:29 AM
The camera angles at the end completly ruined it :nono:

big_bluto
03-02-2004, 06:44 AM
I remember seeing a documentary/movie called 'Beyond the Mat' set behind the scenes in wrestling.
Wasn't that the Rock v Foley/Mankind match that you're talking about?
It shows behind the scenes prior/after the match, and some clips of the Rock trying to cave in Foley's head with a chair.
(I think the Rock won the title on that one)

Disturbed316
03-02-2004, 06:56 AM
No, that wasn't it

Mankind won the half time heat match by pinning the rock with a forklift

big_bluto
03-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Sorry I missed it!
When I was reading that last sentence I was expecting 'pinfall'.
Forlklift was a great surprise!

Will have to get a hold of this match!

blake639raw
03-02-2004, 07:04 AM
That match was great. They wrestled all throughout an empty arena. At one point they made it to the kitchen area. The phone started ringing, the Rock stops beating Mankind, answers the phone, and says some funny shit. That's probably my fav. match they had, believe it or not. I'd rank it personally higher than the "I Quit Match", and Foley's first title win.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-02-2004, 07:13 AM
The only time a championship changed hands on heat???

Dave Youell
03-02-2004, 07:18 AM
That match was great. They wrestled all throughout an empty arena. At one point they made it to the kitchen area. The phone started ringing, the Rock stops beating Mankind, answers the phone, and says some funny shit. That's probably my fav. match they had, believe it or not. I'd rank it personally higher than the "I Quit Match", and Foley's first title win.
when the rock put chilli sauce onto Mankinds head and said

'that was mild sauce you baby!'

Ahhh classic stuff

Sephiroth
03-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Yeah that was a good match... :love:

Shaggy
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
I loved that match when it happened. That had one of the greatest things of all. When Rock picked up the phone and said Thank You for Calling Smackdown Hotel. Funny Stuff

Mikey
03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Yeah that was a good match... :love:

:D

Mister Sinister
03-02-2004, 05:20 PM
How fast is your internet connection, Because I have the match on my computer and I'm willing to upload it to my server for a few hours.

Seabass
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
The commentary the rock gave throuought the match made it one of the funniest matches I have ever watched

Mankind beats rock with a sack of popcorn, Rock then knocks mankind down, bends over and trys the popcorn then says "Too much salt" in disgust

Rock throws salsa in Mankinds face Mankind yels "it burns, it burns" the rock then trys some and says "Its mild you baby"

Rock takes a squash and says "have some of this huh, you like this, the rock doesnt even know what this is but you like it" and smacks Mankind in the head with it

Phone rings and Rock says "Oh well what do ya know, how convienant the phone is ringing" picks up phone "Yes smackdown hotel, well no Mankind isnt available right now, his mouth is full with the rocks foot"

Phone rings again, Rock - "Phones ringin again" picks it up "smackdown hotel, corner of know your role BVLD and jabroni drive, no Mankind cant talk hes a little tied up right now" strangles mankind with phone cord

Right after that Rock looks at a girl and says "Look at you honey, what are you lookin at, you dont want none of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment today, you really dont do ya?" Girl shakes her head no, Rock - "Well your a big fat piece of trash anyway, get to steppin"

CLASSIC