PDA

View Full Version : Brian...What. A. Twat.

Kane Knight
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
http://brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Thank you to Alex Lorias for translating Roger's interview BACK into English!!!

I was a little jolted to see that when I am apparently out of earshot Roger, in interviews, will get a swipe in at me if he can!! Though I'm sure it was offered in a spirit of jocularity! Just to give my point of view, Roger may regard our work with "Five" or the new "We Will Rock You" with Pink, Britney and Beyonce as "mistakes", and he says they were all my ideas. Well, the truth is that none of these collaborations were my idea, but I welcomed them all because I love to work with new people, talented people, and to me it's all a great adventure, and a chance to break new ground. True, our musical takes a pop at Boy Bands and the like, but Ben would be the first to acknowledge that many of the human beings IN some of those outfits may be very talented. It's the SYSTEM which he feels needs shaking up. So you will find there is no personal slagging off of individuals in our show - only gentle fun spun around some of them - including US !!!

It's my choice to work hard on some of these projects - it's usually Roger's choice to stay largely on the periphery, but no-one in our group objects when it's time to be paid!!! ha ha!!

Love Brian.

P.S. I won't be saying any more about this in the near future, because, although there have always been many conflicts within the band, we have always chosen NOT to launder our dirty linen in public. I would prefer it to stay that way!

With Love
brian

------------------------------------------

Yeah, the bastard doesn't want to air dirty laundry in public...But made an open statement about some such dirty laundry.