Who?

KingofOldSchool
09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Necro Butcher = some shit sack guy from CZW
Tyler Black = crap
Jimmy Jacobs = pretty good, but not someone who should've been in that role

The Fugitive
09-15-2007, 11:26 PM
If it wasn't for this year's BOLA, I would have no idea who Tyler Black is.

IC Champion
09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
I challenge all three to a shoot fight.

KingofOldSchool
09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
They evidently jumped the Briscoes, bloodied them, and hogged tied Jay from the hook the belts were on from the ladder match. Jay was bleeding like a pig and Jimmy stood under him while blood dripped down, Jimmy drank some of the blood.

IC Champion
09-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Well that sounds pretty retarded.

CSL
09-15-2007, 11:34 PM
From what I've seen of Tyler Black, he is far from crap. But Necro Butcher can lick my balls.

CSL
09-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Also, wtf is Project 161 supposed to be?

KingofOldSchool
09-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Also, wtf is Project 161 supposed to be?

Mainly there was a bunch of cryptic messages on the interwebs for a while about not getting respect and such.

Innovator
09-15-2007, 11:42 PM
It was on blogs and the posts were emo, so I figured Jacobs was behind it

KingofOldSchool
"Amazing match - at least 4 and three quarters. The worst part was Todd Sinclair hung the belts up too tight and it was really hard for the Briscoes to get them down. He got a SINCLAIR EFFED UP chant for it. At least 7 ladders were used during the match. The Briscoes got incredibly bloody and f'd up during this match and it only got worse for Jay during the post-match. Jacobs revealed that their Project was not yet over, the Briscoes were a pair of drunkards, they were cutting the head off of the snake, and that Necro Butcher was a MISUNDERSTOOD BEAUTY."

KingofOldSchool
It's the revenge of the emos, complete with My Chemical Romance entrance music.

CSL
09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
:nono:

Innovator
09-15-2007, 11:46 PM
I could do without Necro

The One
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
So, was this a big angle pay off or something, because if so I don't ever want to hear anyone say RoH is better than WWE.

Midget > CZW wrestler.

That is all.

KingofOldSchool
09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
So, was this a big angle pay off or something, because if so I don't ever want to hear anyone say RoH is better than WWE.

Midget > CZW wrestler.

That is all.

IC Champion
09-15-2007, 11:54 PM

Midget > CZW wrestler.

That is all.

That is all.

thecc
09-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Necro Butcher > Everyone. Seriously this man gets lumped in with garbage wrestlers, but truth be told he has a better grasp of the business than most people.

The One
09-16-2007, 12:02 AM
pssh! We all know the only good thing to come from CZW was the fantastic career of Nick Mondo. Hell sometimes I return my videos late so that I have a chance to talk with him about some of his classics.

KingofOldSchool
09-16-2007, 12:05 AM
pssh! We all know the only good thing to come from CZW was the fantastic career of Nick Mondo. Hell sometimes I return my videos late so that I have a chance to talk with him about some of his classics.

Like the time he got sliced in the head with a pizza cutter.

Or how about the time he fell into the tub of glass, thumbtacks, and battery acid?

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Necro Butcher > Everyone. Seriously this man gets lumped in with garbage wrestlers, but truth be told he has a better grasp of the business than most people.
Any idiot can do what he does, he has the worst looking "kicks" and "forearms" I've ever seen in my life. He's actually on the bottom of the totem pole as far as indy trash goes.

The One
09-16-2007, 12:07 AM
When he got thrown into the Sarlacc pit, that solidified his career as a technical genius.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Nick Mondo is by far the greatest man to ever grace the squared circle.

Skippord
09-16-2007, 12:57 AM
That doesnt sound that bad

plus Necro Butcher has a cool beard

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 01:00 AM
ROH > WWE :)

Age of the Fall > WWE

Jimmy fucking Jacobs > WWE

Necro Butcher in an enforcer roll is actually a damn good idea. I'm not a huge fan olf the guy at all, but putting him in a dark/emo/anti ROH stable as an enforcer is a good move. He gives the stable an air of a threat, while Jimmy can be a cult like leader, wh while badass, isn't exactly threatening. So yeah, I don't like Necro, but if they're going to use him, at least they're using him right.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2007, 01:41 AM
A little underwhelming, to be sure, but I don't know what people were really expecting. At least it wasn't Adam Pearce and BJ Whitmer.

Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black aren't bad at all. Necro Butcher is not one of my favourites, but I think he is slightly higher on the totem pole than a Nick Mondo. I'd say he's probably at least as capable as Sandman in the ring, probably even more talented. I think it would have been better if Necro Butcher had been replaced with Marek Brave. Tyler Black & Marek Brave had a nice little tag team thing going in FIP, and they had heat with The Briscoes. Brave also strikes me as the better wrestler.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 02:00 AM
By no stretch of the imagination is Marek Brave a better WRESTLER than Necro. However, Necro, imo, clicks because he's NOT someone like Jacobs/Black/Brave.

However, if I were a "wrestler" and Jacobs/Black/Brave were coming at me, I wouldn't be that intimidated... They aren't intimidating guys. Necro however, would scare the shit of me. He's just a crazy hillbilly bastard, and he has that threat factor that Jacobs/Black lack on their own.

Skippord
09-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Necro's cool beard is driving them straight to the top

Blitz
09-16-2007, 02:33 AM
lol Necro Butcher.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Also, everyone who was there is saying that the image of Jimmy giving a promo with Jay's blood dripping down/covering him is amazing.

Jimmy Jacobs > You

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeah, Jimmy Jacobs is fucking awesome. I'm still not sold on Necro Butcher. I get why he's there, but that seems to be the only reason he's there, if you catch my drift.

Also, those in attendance apparently don't want any more factions after The Age of the Fall and The Hangmen Three were announced. So now we have the following ROH stables:

No Remorse Corps
Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero

The Resilience
Austin Aries, Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

The Vulture Squad
Jack Evans, Ruckus, an upcoming member to be added (my bet is Ricky Reyes or PAC) and Julius Smokes

Sweet N' Sour Incorporated
Chris Hero, Tank Toland, Bobby Dempsey, Sara Del Ray and Larry Sweeney

The Hangmen Three
Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright (& Shane Hagadorn)

The Age of the Fall
Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Necro Butcher

If ROH can find a way to get all these stables feuding, and then have a big blowoff match featuring all eighteen active male competitors, without it being a huge mess, I would cum.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 05:10 AM
I am sooooooooo pissed that I had to miss this show tonight. Jimmy Jacobs is fucking amazing. Necro Butcher is a bit perplexing, but I trust that Gabe knows what he's doing. I NEED to see that ladder match.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2007, 05:22 AM
I was probably the only one hoping for it, but I would have loved Naomichi Marufuji vs. Brent Albright on the PPV, with Naomichi Marufuji winning an NWA World Heavyweight Title shot if he beat Albright. Alas, not to be.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Yeah, terrible idea to bring in the guy who was virtually unstoppable during the ROH-CZW war and so is already established as a credible threat.

Terrible idea to bring in a guy who elicits a stronger reaction from the fanbase than 95% of the other wrestlers out there.

Terrible idea to build an angle around Jimmy Jacobs, who has arguably the strongest character on the entire indy circuit in the last 18 months.

I like how some of you act all smart and above everything and yet you don't get some of the core principles behind wrestling at all.

Super V
09-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Everyone in RoH should be very afraid now! Two faggots and a hobo are gonna run rampant. Hornswaggle as McMahon's son was a better payoff.

LOL At the stable names Alienoid said.

Innovator
09-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Jimmy Jacobs is the man, so I'll wait to see the angle unfold on the PPV before really casting judgement

Best Necro stuff I've seen was when Low Ki was double stomping him through a table....or Joe powerslamming him on his forehead

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2007, 09:25 AM
The more I think about it, the happier I am with this decision. Tyler Black is a rising talent on the independent circuit, and Ring of Honor can help him grow. Jimmy Jacobs was kind of without direction coming back from his injury, and Necro Butcher does have the heat from the ROH/CZW thing. Like it or not, the guy has his followers, and his appearances in ROH will not hurt. He could have some fun matches with The Briscoes, too.

Kane Knight
09-16-2007, 09:54 AM
When he got thrown into the Sarlacc pit, that solidified his career as a tentacle genius.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM
RoH is a joke.

thecc
09-16-2007, 11:01 AM
RoH is a joke.Says the guy who thinks TNA has been good lately.

thecc
09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.burningmelon.com/photos/Hung_Briscoe_small.jpg
http://www.burningmelon.com/photos/Necro_Butcher_small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Jubblegum/Bloody_Jacobs_small_01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Jubblegum/Bloody_Jacobs_small_02.jpg

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Says the guy who thinks TNA has been good lately.
Not good, but as good as the rest of the shit wrestling that's on TV.

also

TNA > RoH.

That is all.

The Fugitive
09-16-2007, 11:08 AM
I've got a very mixed opinion about this, but I'm going to wait until the morning so I can express them more clearly. I'll say this much though, as interested as I am in seeing where this is going, some of the actions that took place (i.e. the first and last photo thecc posted) have disgusted me.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Not good, but as good as the rest of the shit wrestling that's on TV.

also

TNA > RoH.

That is all.

ROH has better wrestling, IMO, and better booking, IMO, than TNA. You can say TNA > ROH, but I can't even sit through an episode of TNA. A. I hate the accouncing. B. I hate a decent portion of their roster, or they don't interest me, and C. The majority of the guys I do like are either misused, or not used enough. Maybe once they get a 2 hour slot they'll be better... Maybe. Nevertheless, the Generico/Marufuji match from Detroit was better than anything I've seen in WWE or TNA in ages. Then again, that's not hard to do.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Jubblegum/Bloody_Jacobs_small_02.jpg

WRESTLING GOD

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, in regards to stables, they're taking a very Dragongate-ish approach. It doesn't bother me, as long as they don't try to do a clusterfuck feud with all the stables. Let the Resilence, Vulture Squad, and NRC feud, and keep the rest open for now. I'd rather have all the groups as a way to organize the roster, especially since they have a hell of a time differentiating between Faces/Heels.

Also, if they need to have a blowoff feud with all the stables, hopefully they do a stables round robin tournament.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
ROH has better wrestling, IMO, and better booking, IMO, than TNA. You can say TNA > ROH, but I can't even sit through an episode of TNA. A. I hate the accouncing. B. I hate a decent portion of their roster, or they don't interest me, and C. The majority of the guys I do like are either misused, or not used enough. Maybe once they get a 2 hour slot they'll be better... Maybe. Nevertheless, the Generico/Marufuji match from Detroit was better than anything I've seen in WWE or TNA in ages. Then again, that's not hard to do.

Im thinking if you can sit throw a 35 minutes borefest match in RoH you could make it through an hour of TNA. I tried to watch an ROH show the other day, it's so slow paced, and there is never anything happening. While I don't think TNA is great, and it won't change the business anytime soon, I don't sit and watch crap indy DVDs and then claim they are the greatest thing ever. When you people begin to realize that the indy guys are even less talented than your Jamie Nobles, and even your Shannon Moores, and while maybe there is a decent guy or two, it doesnt make RoH as a whole any better. Not to mention anyone who worth a damn is either employeed by TNA or WWE.

Also, if spot fests are your thing, then the Generico/Marufuji probably was good, but you're average fan watches that shit and isn't impressed.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Except Marufuji/Generico wasn't a spot fest, so you lose ;)

And I love how you bring up these "35 minute borefest matches" you can't stand, but never actually state what match you're watching. 95% of ROH matches don't go over 30 minutes. Most of the longer matches involve Danielson. He hasn't had many long matches lately anyway... The normal ROH main event is probably around 25 minutes.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:49 AM
But when there is nothing happening, it seems much longer.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:49 AM
And I don't quite get the "average wrestling fan" comment, because if the average wrestling fan is entertained by the shit matches WWE puts on, then they aren't hard to impress, and I'd say it's just a matter of getting them to watch.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 11:50 AM
No way, man. IC has seen one ROH DVD so he assumes that every show follows that basic format. WWE and TNA are formulaic, isn't that the way that every promotion is? It must be.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:50 AM
and I dont think Bryan Danielson has ever wrestled in a match any less than 25 minutes.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
No way, man. IC has seen one ROH DVD so he assumes that every show follows that basic format. WWE and TNA are formulaic, isn't that the way that every promotion is? It must be.
I've seen a few more than one ROH DVD, considering I some what followed it up until Homicide won the World Title.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, sorry. I was just busy assuming completely untrue things because it helped my argument.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
RoH fan boys are worse than ECW Mutants.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh, sorry. I was just busy assuming completely untrue things because it helped my argument.
Only I've seen an RoH show before.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
But when there is nothing happening, it seems much longer.

And if something does happen, it's a spotfest, right ;)

Just out of curiousity, what's your medium? Just name a few matches you've really liked recently. It just seems like if the match involves someone who moves around a lot (Briscoes / Evansfor example) it's a spotfest (which in the Briscoes sense is true, but at least they're entertaining), but if they work the ground, use psychology, ala Dragon/Nigel, it's boring.

Then there are the people in between (Hero, Strong, Delirious, Jimmy Jacobs, , Claudio,etc). What's wrong with their matches?

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Only I've seen an RoH show before.
You really are retarded aren't you? In the end, I could give a fuck less whether you like ROH or not. I like to be entertained by wrestling which is what ROH provides for me. I can't watch 15 minutes worth of WWE without being embarassed about putting it on.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't know. WWE matches are laughable, and for the most part, so are TNA matches. I'm becoming a bigger fan of the NJPW style of match, but that's neither here nor there. But watching people bash ROH matches for either being boring or spotty confuses the shit out of me, since that's basically every TNA/WWE match, yet un,ike those, ROH matches actually seem to be entertaining.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
While yes Dragon and Nigel do use ring physology, it doesnt make it any less boring to watch Danielson lock an arm bar and hold it in for 5 minutes. Danielson's matches are usually pretty paces, with a few fast spots maybe peppered here and there, depending who hes working with.

As for the undercard, I never really payed any attention or gave a damn.

And just because something happens in a match, doesn't make it a spotfest, for the record.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
You really are retarded aren't you? In the end, I could give a fuck less whether you like ROH or not. I like to be entertained by wrestling which is what ROH provides for me. I can't watch 15 minutes worth of WWE without being embarassed about putting it on.
Then don't give a fuck, if you wanna watch talentless wrestlers, with no charisma and no mic skills go right ahead, and while a year ago I thought RoH was the shit, after 3 months that got old, as did there wrestling, and while WWE and TNA arent great, please don't try and tell me that RoH is any less boring than the other two, the only difference is that RoH is after a differenent market, which is still marks, they are just mark out for different things then say a WWE mark does. As long as they get to see 250 stiff chops, a few stiff kicks, and the dozen high spots in each under card match they are happy. It just happens to be easier to create a product that the RoH marks will like.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
lol

No, I'd much rather watch a product that features such amazing talent as Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Snitsky, Hornswoggle, Boogeyman, etc. Those are genius characters that took a lot of thought to create and get over with the fans. How can you even say that it's easier to create a product that ROH fans will like? It's the same principle as WWE creating bullshit that their fans eat up. Or, if they don't eat it up they sit on the internet and cry about it all day or, worse yet, try to defend it as worthwhile.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Matt Cross is so terrible.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:23 PM
lol

No, I'd much rather watch a product that features such amazing talent as Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Snitsky, Hornswoggle, Boogeyman, etc. Those are genius characters that took a lot of thought to create and get over with the fans. How can you even say that it's easier to create a product that ROH fans will like? It's the same principle as WWE creating bullshit that their fans eat up. Or, if they don't eat it up they sit on the internet and cry about it all day or, worse yet, try to defend it as worthwhile.
I wont defend WWE and it product, it is crap. I even agree with completely on Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Snitsky, Hornswoggle, Boogeyman ect. They are whats wrong with WWE, err well part of the reason. Hence why I dont watch Smackdown or ECW, and only about an hour of RAW each week, which after last RAW I won't be watchin any WWE for a while. But I did not try to say WWE's product was good, by no means is that what I meant.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Matt Cross is so terrible.
Matt Cross?

The One
09-16-2007, 12:37 PM
RoH is a joke.
RoH is joke that only person laughing was the person who told it.

No but seriously, this is all a kind of worthless debate we're getting into here. I am going to say this definitively, in the year 2007 Professional Wrestling Sucks. Nothing is good or worth seeing.

WWE has become a sad promotion who's character are straight from the late 80's, and who's atmosphere is attempting to be like the late 90's. It sucks. The three brands make it worse. There are a handful of wrestler who are worth a damn currently in WWE, most of whom are far past their prime and simply have no potential, no matter how great they are, to turn the company around (some of them could have the word "again" at the end of that sentence). TNA is a clusterfuck. One that is in my opinion overflowing with talent, but can't fucking use a single one of them correctly. RoH has no fucking talent in the entire fucking promotion. Their matches are shit. But, generally, their angles are beter written.

Basically here's the deal...

WWE: Can't write an angle and has only a few real talented guy to counter balance a roster overfowing with stupid fucking gimmicks. BUT, it has history and is an established house hold name so it automatically get the be #1.

TNA: Can't even book a match without fucking up the writing, has tons of worthwhile talent. BUT, it at times shows signs of great potential and is in my opinion generally worth keeping an eye on.

RoH: Can write an angle, too bad the guys performing the angle are worthless pieces of shit. BUT, RoH has found itself a nitch market of smarks who like to think that because the shit going on in the ring is different from the shit going on in WWE's ring it's automatically good.

No matter who you think is promoting the best right now, you're fucking retarded. It's all fucking shit. Trying to rate shit, or somehow say that "my pile of shit is better than your pile of shit" is kind of...you know what...I don't even know a word that would be accurate to describe the level of insane idiotic retardness that would be needed to finish that sentence.

ron the dial
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Matt Cross?
M-Dogg 20. Current member of the Resilience, and pretty much the definition of a "spot monkey."

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
RoH is joke that only person laughing was the person who told it.

No but seriously, this is all a kind of worthless debate we're getting into here. I am going to say this definitively, in the year 2007 Professional Wrestling Sucks. Nothing is good or worth seeing.

WWE has become a sad promotion who's character are straight from the late 80's, and who's atmosphere is attempting to be like the late 90's. It sucks. The three brans make it worse. There are a handful of wrestler who are worth a damn currently in WWE, most of whom are far past their prime and simply have no potential, no matter how great they are, to turn the company around (some of the could have the word "again" at the end of that sentence). TNA is a clusterfuck. One that is in my opinion overflowing with talent, but can't fucking use a single one of them correctly. RoH has no fucking talent in the entire fucking promotion. Their matches are shit. But, generally, their angles are beter written.

Basically here's the deal...

WWE: Can write an angle and has only a few real talented guy. BUT, it has history and is an established house hold name so it automatically get the be #1.

TNA: Can't even book a match without fucking up the writing, has tons of worthwhile talent. BUT, it at times shows signs of great potential and is in my opinion generally worth keeping an eye on.

RoH: Can write an angle, too bad the guys performing the angle are worthless pieces of shit. BUT, RoH has found itself a nitch market of smarks who like to think that because the shit going on in the ring is different from the shit going on in WWE's ring it's automatically good.

No matter who you think is promoting the best right now, you're fucking retarded. It's all fucking shit. Trying to rate shit, or somehow say that "my pile of shit is better than your pile of shit" is kind of...you know what...I don't even know a word that would be accurate to describe the level of insane idiotic retardness that would be needed to finish that sentence.

That is all.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
M-Dogg 20. Current member of the Resilience, and pretty much the definition of a "spot monkey."
Oh, him...

Mr. JL
09-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Is Necro Butcher that homeless hobo looking guy with a marijuana tatoo on his shoulder who takes stiff shots or the CZW style of being hit with lawnmowers, lighttubes and whatever else to get around the fact that he blows ass chunks?

Mr. JL
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
^

Just looked at the pictures above... Yeah, he's the retard I was thinking of.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Is Necro Butcher that homeless hobo looking guy with a marijuana tatoo on his shoulder who takes stiff shots or the CZW style of being hit with lawnmowers, lighttubes and whatever else to get around the fact that he blows ass chunks?
That would be him.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
That is all.

You won't be commenting on wrestling this year again then, I take it. Since, you know, that's all.

IC Champion
09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

RGWhat316
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't really know who Tyler Black is, but that does sound like an interesting tag team. I guess I got to see Jimmy's last night as a face on Friday. And judging by the pics, it looks as if Lacey went with Jimmy.

edit - just found more info and apparently Jimmy turns on Lacey by shoving her down onto the mat.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey TOVO, explain to me how ROH has no talent on their roster at all. Bryan Danielson alone is recognized as a great wrestler by a lot of people, including HBK, Meltzer, Regal,Lance Storm, Jim Ross, etc. Kurt Angle also really wanted to wrestle him.

Nigel and Claudio are both damn good, especially when Nigel is on his game.

Chris Hero is great as is Jimmy Jacobs.

Furthermore, the NOAH talent is all extremely talented

Plus, how do you explain the decent amount of ROH talent WWE is grabbing up. That being CM Punk, Ace Steele, Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal, they almost took Claudio Castignolli, they took back Paul London and Jamie Noble from ROH.

Whether you like or hate ROH, to say they don't have talent is really fucking stupid, and it makes you look like an idiot.

Skippord
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
lol Necro totally looks like a homeless dude

Super V
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
No Remorse Corps

The Resilience

The Vulture Squad

Sweet N' Sour Incorporated

The Hangmen Three

The Age of the Fall

I would cum.
The people who think RoH isn't all that great win by default.

Skippord
09-16-2007, 03:28 PM
and evidently Jay Briscoe Bleeds coolaid

Kane Knight
09-16-2007, 10:42 PM
This thread reeks of retardation.

And you know it's bad when both ToVo and I are breaking KAYFABE to agree on something that is normally outside both our purviews.

owenbrown
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
This thread makes me wish that CZW fan "shoot video" where a bunch of kids in some guys mom's basement "shoot" on Jim Cornette and RoH was still on YouTube so i could make fun of it. :lol:

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 02:39 AM
http://www.pwinsiderelite.com/images/rohppv3.jpg

Kane Knight
09-18-2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.pwinsiderelite.com/images/rohppv3.jpg

That's some Good Storytelling.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Jimmy Jacobs > Kane Knight.

FACT

Kane Knight
09-18-2007, 03:12 AM
I was gonna say "Says the guy who thinks a Nazi is the man," But on the wrestling board, they'd probably think I meant Triple H, so....

Nick Mondo > WWKD.

FACT.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 05:18 AM
And what Nazi do I think is the man?

Anywho, no offense, but figuring you've probably seen maybe 1 Jimmy Jacobs match, and maybe a handful of ROH matches, your opinion on the matter really means nothing to me.

Super V
09-18-2007, 05:39 AM
And what Nazi do I think is the man?

Anywho, no offense, but figuring you've probably seen maybe 1 Jimmy Jacobs match, and maybe a handful of ROH matches, your opinion on the matter really means nothing to me.
Someone out there sat through an ENTIRE Jimmy Jacobs match!?!? Unreal...

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Aww, isn't that cute, Super V is jumping on the bandwagon. Now do you have something real to contribute, or would will you be talking out of your ass like 90% of the other people?

KingofOldSchool
09-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I like Jimmy Jacobs and all, but I still stick by my statement that this angle has been a let down.

Maybe down the line in my turn into something better, but I just feel that this cries out YouTube.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
I like Jimmy Jacobs and all, but I still stick by my statement that this angle has been a let down.

Maybe down the line in my turn into something better, but I just feel that this cries out YouTube.

The major problem with the angle, IMO, is that "mystery group" angles usually have a "big payoff" when the members are announced. However, on the indy scene there are very few wrestlers who could have a big enough impact to live up to the hype. Necro has an "impact" but ALOT of people don't like him. As I said before, I'm not a fan, but I think this role might work. ROH is usually damn good at booking, so I can't imagine this stable will fall on its face.

One thing I'm wondering, is if the Briscoes will eventually split, and one of them will end up in Age of the Fall. The Briscoes have been built as unstoppable together, so it makes sense for an eventually split. If they start wrestling singles matches, they should become less spotty. Who knows though.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Considering this is a continuation of an angle that has been going for about 18 months now I wouldn't worry too much.

And if anyone is splitting it's Steen & Generico. Jacobs + Black + Necro + Steen = :y:

Kane Knight
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I also want to add that if this had been done by WWE, the three or four people who are all over RoH's dick would be laughing at them as hard as they are at WWE thinking little Bastard as Vince's son is a good idea.

It really is semantics. It's gold because it's ROHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

In WWE, I can guarantee these cocksuckers would think it was a horrible idea.

IC Champion
09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I also want to add that if this had been done by WWE, the three or four people who are all over RoH's dick would be laughing at them as hard as they are at WWE thinking little Bastard as Vince's son is a good idea.

It really is semantics. It's gold because it's ROHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

In WWE, I can guarantee these cocksuckers would think it was a horrible idea.

That is all.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-18-2007, 11:17 AM
No, it isn't. And people trying to stir shit for no reason is retarded.

It wouldn't get done in WWE, period. The nearest thing I can remember WWE doing to this in terms of a visual, and I've probably forgotten something, is when Kane covered Austin in blood pre-King of the Ring 98. Yeah, that long ago. I'm sure there's been something since then but I can't recall it. The nearest in angle terms is the Jericho-Trish-Christian love triangle from before WMXX, which was ok but never really given the time or space to develop as it could have. WWE does not have the luxury of having angles play out over the space of 18 months, simple as. They also don't have the time to invest in character development in guys further down the card unless they're being moved to a point where they might draw a buyrate. RoH does not have shareholders to answer to.

Whoever is bashing WWE for the Hornswaggle thing is an idiot, since they did the best they could to temporarily hold off until Kennedy can come back and then move the angle forward. It's quite hilarious that some people will deride fans of indy wrestling who don't like much of what WWE produces, and then they themselves will turn around and bash most of the best elements of WWE (eg Cena)

RoH does some retarded things. Their show names are terrible. Some of the roster are awful and I never watch their matches (ie Matt Cross). But when they are on their game their best stuff is easily as good as WWE's best, albeit on a lower scale, and it happens more frequently.

blake639raw
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM

It wouldn't get done in WWE, period. The nearest thing I can remember WWE doing to this in terms of a visual, and I've probably forgotten something, is when Kane covered Austin in blood pre-King of the Ring 98. Yeah, that long ago. I'm sure there's been something since then but I can't recall it. The nearest in angle terms is the Jericho-Trish-Christian love triangle from before WMXX, which was ok but never really given the time or space to develop as it could have. WWE does not have the luxury of having angles play out over the space of 18 months, simple as. They also don't have the time to invest in character development in guys further down the card unless they're being moved to a point where they might draw a buyrate. RoH does not have shareholders to answer to.

Whoever is bashing WWE for the Hornswaggle thing is an idiot, since they did the best they could to temporarily hold off until Kennedy can come back and then move the angle forward. It's quite hilarious that some people will deride fans of indy wrestling who don't like much of what WWE produces, and then they themselves will turn around and bash most of the best elements of WWE (eg Cena)

RoH does some retarded things. Their show names are terrible. Some of the roster are awful and I never watch their matches (ie Matt Cross). But when they are on their game their best stuff is easily as good as WWE's best, albeit on a lower scale, and it happens more frequently. Well, apparantly according to most of the fucktards on here, you can't be a fan of ROH and not be a kool-aid drinking fanboy. I'm a big fan of ROH, but not so much that I couldn't admit something that I don't like with the company. It's just easier for these idiots to cut down the company without having any idea what they're talking about than to actually give the shit an actual chance.

thecc
09-18-2007, 01:05 PM

RoH does some retarded things. Their show names are terrible. Some of the roster are awful and I never watch their matches (ie Matt Cross). But when they are on their game their best stuff is easily as good as WWE's best, albeit on a lower scale, and it happens more frequently.<3

Kane Knight
09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

You're full of shit, for that line alone.

Wrestling fans don't like this shit? OMG! THEY'RE STIRRING SHIT FOR NO REASON!

Yeah, it's not that we find this stupid.

RoH does some retarded things.

And guess what? This was one of them! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm stirring shit!

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
A good angle is a good angle. If WWE did this the same way ROH did this, I'd still like it. If ROH did the Son angle the same way WWE did it, I'd still shit on it.

See KK, you want to act high and mightly, making it look like we think that everyone who doesn't like this is just stirring shit. However, you act like anyone who does like it is a kool-aid drinking mark. THat my friend, would make you a hypocrite.

What it comes down to is you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. How much ROH have you actually watched? What shows or matches have you seen lately? Here's the difference between us. I've watched a good amount of ROH. There are things I love, things I hate. I'll gladly bring up both. You on the other hand, probably haven't seen much, if any, and appear to simply bash it constantly with nothing to support your opinion. But hey, prove me wrong. Show me you inferences about how since he's covered in blood and they hung someone that ROH is a garbage fed. Or that they're all spot matches, or that they're all 35 minute, boring matches.

Or better yet, fuck it. I'll continue to talk about ROH with people who actually watch it and like it. You can continue to bash it all you want, with or without watching it, and then go back to watching WWE or TNA, despite the fact that all you can do is bitch about it. God forbid we like ROH, and and don't simply accept the suck that is the current televised wrestling scene.

Innovator
09-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Or that they're all spot matches, or that they're all 35 minute, boring matches.
You forgot the "x-pac wished he had my heat" Jimmy Rave matches

RGWhat316
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Damn, that pic is the Jimmy I remember from the cage match with BJ back on WM weekend. That boy can be as sadistic as he wants, at one point he even had barbed wire in his mouth and was hitting himself with a spike.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Jimmy Jacobs probably has had more character development in the last 14 months than 90% of the rest of the wrestlers in America.

blake639raw
09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
A good angle is a good angle. If WWE did this the same way ROH did this, I'd still like it. If ROH did the Son angle the same way WWE did it, I'd still shit on it.

See KK, you want to act high and mightly, making it look like we think that everyone who doesn't like this is just stirring shit. However, you act like anyone who does like it is a kool-aid drinking mark. THat my friend, would make you a hypocrite.

What it comes down to is you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. How much ROH have you actually watched? What shows or matches have you seen lately? Here's the difference between us. I've watched a good amount of ROH. There are things I love, things I hate. I'll gladly bring up both. You on the other hand, probably haven't seen much, if any, and appear to simply bash it constantly with nothing to support your opinion. But hey, prove me wrong. Show me you ainferences about how since he's covered in blood and they hung someone that ROH is a garbage fed. Or that they're all spot matches, or that they're all 35 minute, boring matches.

Or better yet, fuck it. I'll continue to talk about ROH with people who actually watch it and like it. You can continue to bash it all you want, with or without watching it, and then go back to watching WWE or TNA, despite the fact that all you can do is bitch about it. God forbid we like ROH, and and don't simply accept the suck that is the current televised wrestling scene.
Ok, Kane Knight, what's your response to this? Also, keep in mind, I never said that "OMG ROH IZ THE BEST! WWE SUKXA!!!!@!" or whatever you're probably gonna type. I agree that some ROH fans are annoying. I'm just asking how you can judge something that you hardly even know. It isn't like some CZW shit. A good number of guys have came from ROH, and went on to bigger and more known companies. How many CZW guys can you say that about? I'm not saying that alot of those guys wouldn't have got noticed anyways, but the point is that apparently they have a good eye for talent, and have allowed lots of talented young kids a stage to grow on.

In the long run, ROH is just a breeding ground for future stars, and you know what? I'm fine with that. I think more than anything, you're the one putting words in our mouth. I never claimed that they were the #1 wrestling company, or any of that shit. Go ahead and neg rep me now though, instead of actually intelligently trying to rebute some of what I say.

blake639raw
09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
and for the record, I enjoy some guys in the WWE nowadays, such as MVP, Kennedy, ect. OMG, hell has frozen over. Somebody actually enjoys ROH wrestling and WWE wrestling at the same time. Who wudda thunk it?

thecc
09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
It isn't like some CZW shit. A good number of guys have came from ROH, and went on to bigger and more known companies. How many CZW guys can you say that about? Not to be a dick or anything but a good amount of the roh roster has wrestled for CZW.

RGWhat316
09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I like both companies. I went to my first ROH show back in March on WM weekend and I was entertained. I even went back the next night, and even this past Friday. I partly like it due to being there live and it being a smaller building so you are that much closer to the action.

blake639raw
09-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Not to be a dick or anything but a good amount of the roh roster has wrestled for CZW. Yeah, I know that. My point being is that regardless of the fact that they have used some of the same talent, Ring of Honor still isn't a company that relies on light tubes, and stupid shit like that. It wouldn't be fair to compare ROH to CZW as far as the product itself goes. CZW goes overboard with the violence and shit. At least when ROH has violence, it's for a reason (a hated fued or whatever).

Mr. Monday Morning
09-19-2007, 07:38 AM

What it comes down to is you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. How much ROH have you actually watched? What shows or matches have you seen lately? Here's the difference between us. I've watched a good amount of ROH. There are things I love, things I hate. I'll gladly bring up both. You on the other hand, probably haven't seen much, if any, and appear to simply bash it constantly with nothing to support your opinion. But hey, prove me wrong. Show me you ainferences about how since he's covered in blood and they hung someone that ROH is a garbage fed. Or that they're all spot matches, or that they're all 35 minute, boring matches.

Waiting for an answer here

ron the dial
09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh, there will be an answer. Come on, you know that.

Super V
09-19-2007, 07:57 PM

What it comes down to is you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. How much ROH have you actually watched? What shows or matches have you seen lately? Here's the difference between us. I've watched a good amount of ROH. There are things I love, things I hate. I'll gladly bring up both. You on the other hand, probably haven't seen much, if any, and appear to simply bash it constantly with nothing to support your opinion. But hey, prove me wrong. Show me you inferences about how since he's covered in blood and they hung someone that ROH is a garbage fed. Or that they're all spot matches, or that they're all 35 minute, boring matches.

Exactly the type of blog entry I'd expect from a Jimmy Jacobs fan. :-\

RGWhat316
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
There is footage of what happened at the Chicago show on Jimmy's Myspace.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2505822

What Would Kevin Do?
09-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Not Jimmy's best promo by any means, but not bad. Unfortunately I'm always going to try to hold him up to his "I love you Big Brother/prom speech" promo from the night before the cage match with Whitmer. ANywho, I didn't mind the promo... I think my main problem with it is claiming Briscoes have all the power since they're the tag champs... Although I guess since they've been in ROH forever, as opposed to the world champ, it makes sense.

I also love the Briscoe "promo" at the end.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I also loved the lil "I told ya if ya let me outta my cage I'd pile the bodies to the sky."