PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed No Mercy card *Spoilers, I guess*

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Not looking forward to this one at all. It will probably be a decent match, but I just don't give a fuck about either man. The way this could be OK is if Cody Rhodes, William Regal and Santino Marella all get involved. I doubt the WWE would let a combination of these three run wild in a main event, though.

Neither Summerslam or Unforgiven were the time to take the WWE Title off John Cena, but I think No Mercy is the place. I don't like Randy Orton, and was hoping Cena would retain at both shows, but now I think is the time to do the switch. Please, please, please, let Randy Orton kick John Cena's head in for the win. William Regal and Santino Marella assist is also recommended.

Punjabi Prison Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. The Great Khali
Yawn. A match with Rey Mysterio would have been better. Hoss vs. hoss matches don't really work for me. I still think the WWE is trying to lure Ric Flair back by promising a run at his student, and to show they are serious, have made him the World Heavyweight Champion. I do not expect Khali to win the match, so it doesn't even have the interest of a prospect title change.

This match does nothing for me at all, and is possibly even a negative mark against ordering. At least John Cena vs. Randy Orton will actually be a match this time, and not be a complete abortion. Oh, and talented performers might also become involved in that program.

Triple H vs. Umaga
I thought the plan was to leave the suspended guys off No Mercy? Ah well, I hope the WWE gets backlash against having them return quickly. This match could actually be pretty good, and I'll be marking out for Umaga, which is honestly a first for me. Of course, Umaga will get beaten, but I don't really have problems with it. This is a straight one-on-one match. It's not like Umaga can use weapons, or that there is a five-on-one advantage.

Triple H is fucking worse than cancer, though, and will probably get in the way of this match. Umaga needs to work a little stiff for him to be enjoyable. That's a large part of his charm. He's a Samoan Bulldozer that could actually kill you. However, Hunter is probably a little pussy bitch when it comes to upper mid-carders working snug with him, and won't have Eddie Fatu so much as feather-tap him, and we'll get a snorefest. While this match looks passable on paper, I think we'll see something quite shit on the night.

Russenmafia
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Collie vs Bats again, :n: :n: :n: :n:

IC Champion
09-18-2007, 06:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-urns.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
[COLOR="Red"][B]Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship

Triple H is fucking worse than cancer, though, and will probably get in the way of this match. Umaga needs to work a little stiff for him to be enjoyable. That's a large part of his charm. He's a Samoan Bulldozer that could actually kill you. However, Hunter is probably a little pussy bitch when it comes to upper mid-carders working snug with him, and won't have Eddie Fatu so much as feather-tap him, and we'll get a snorefest. While this match looks passable on paper, I think we'll see something quite shit on the night.

I still haven't gotten over H bitching about RVD landing on his throat in the chamber match. I like him as a performer and all, but for fucks sake, its a physical thing your doing out there. Sure your job is to protect each other, but expect to get hurt.

I also agree that Orton should take the title, and I like the idea of Marella and Regal assisting. Also, Cena Sr has to stay the fuck away from my tv.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
So yeah, I've got very little reason to watch this show. The undercard always entertains me more than the main event (you know, because the performers there aren't overrated hacks), and with the WWE seemingly taking back their "we only care about the main event policy," fuck them.

Crossrine
09-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Should I still go or should I sell the tickets back to my friend... hm..

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't see how the WWE can think Batista vs. Khaliflower will draw. We got Batista pinning Khali in the ring at Unforgiven. They should just move on. If they really want to do a rematch, do it on SmackDown!. You can then edit it to remove the crapness.

I really think that it should be Batista vs. Rey Mysterio at No Mercy. Rey should not go over, but he would get the better match out of Batista, and the fans would care about it more. Plus, it makes more sense stemming from the Triple Threat, as Rey was not included in the decision.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
And also, you can't bitch about TNA being the land of gimmicks without at least mentioning the WWE. Both World Title matches have gimmicks, and neither one really needs them. All John Cena vs. Randy Orton needed to be was a Street Fight, and all Batista vs. Khali needed to be was non-existent.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Should I still go or should I sell the tickets back to my friend... hm..

Well, on the plus side, I think the rest of the card will look something like:

* CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke vs. John Morrison for the ECW Championship
* MVP vs. Matt Hardy for the United States Championship
* Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella
* Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix for the WWE Women's Championship
* The Undertaker facing someone like Mark Henry or Finlay, hopefully the latter

Those matches could all be alright.

Crossrine
09-18-2007, 07:07 PM
BTW do you know when Edge is coming back?

St. Jimmy
09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
The Triple H hate is so unnecessary, good sir. Without Triple H, there's no point to WWE TV.

Corkscrewed
09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
hahaha... they're gonna try Punjabi Prison Match take II, eh? :lol:

Xero
09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
(you know, because the performers there aren't overrated hacks),
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shadow
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
So having the Bamboo Cage match the first time didn't teach them anything?

Innovator
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
BTW do you know when Edge is coming back?Last time I heard anything it was the end of the year....2008 can't come soon enough

darkpower
09-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Noid, I have a small issue with the Regal bit you were thinking with the LMS match.

It's just that, you're using Regal as a heel, when I personally think the heel GM on RAW is SO overdone (the WWE hasn't had a tweener "ruler" on RAW since the brand extension started, I think), and I'm BEGGING for the WWE to just have Regal to just be a tweener GM for a while.

As for the Punjabi Prison match, there was an article I saw in WWE Magazine for things in 2005 (I think that was the year the first PPM was in, but not sure on that), in which one of the things it wished it was never seen again was the PPM. So I was under the impression, by that alone, that they didn't want to ever do that match again, but they lied to us (as usual).

Executioner
09-19-2007, 04:04 AM
of course Khali might have to pull out of the match again because of "elevated liver enzymes" :shifty:

BigDaddyCool
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
You know, Kahli deserves at least 4 rematchs against Batista.

The Show Off
09-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I don't see how the WWE can think Batista vs. Khaliflower will draw. We got Batista pinning Khali in the ring at Unforgiven. They should just move on. If they really want to do a rematch, do it on SmackDown!. You can then edit it to remove the crapness.

I really think that it should be Batista vs. Rey Mysterio at No Mercy. Rey should not go over, but he would get the better match out of Batista, and the fans would care about it more. Plus, it makes more sense stemming from the Triple Threat, as Rey was not included in the decision.

If they removed the crapness all we would have is Batista dancing at the beginning with pyro...

and even that is is becomming crap... don't kill me The One.

Tommy Gunn
09-20-2007, 04:08 AM
If they add MVP vs. Matt Hardy for the US Title it'll be MOTN IMO.

I think I'll skip No Mercy, at the £14.99 price tag I'd rather just wait until Monday and torrent it, burn it to DVD and watch it then. I'm more looking forward to Cyber Sunday.

DAMN iNATOR
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, so much for the rumored Taker push...was hoping for him to get the title back ASAP, so as to bring back at least a shred of watchability to SD!, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen ANYTIME soon now...:(

Tommy Gunn
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree, Taker hasn't been gone that long to move too far down the card. He definitely shouldn't wait any longer than Survivor Series for another title shot.

Mr. Pierre
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm really looking forward to the LMS between Orton/Cena. I think those two are really capable of putting on a great match with this stipulation, just as long as Cena's daddy is not involved with the match.

Batista/Khali will just be horrible. If Taker and Big Show couldn't put together a good Punjabi Prison match, what makes them think that Batista and Khali could? This match is probably going to get a lot of time too, which sucks. Oh well...

Triple H/Umaga sparks my interest because I wouldn't be surprised if these two had some good chemistry. But, I really don't like how Triple H (assuming he goes over Umaga) will go over 3 different heels on 3 different PPVs in a row. I really would have preferred if his feud with Carlito had continued.