PDA

View Full Version : Question for console owners of all generations.

Ninti the Mad
09-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Has anyone NOT experienced any problems with their consoles?

I have never had any problems whatsoever. I've had my 360 since launch day and not one problem.

Also never had any problem with my ps2, ps1, gamecube, n64, snes

Only problem would probably be the NES where you had to put another game pressing down on the initial game or kinda slam it down a bit to get it off the fucking blue screen.

I would just consider that shitty console design.

Vietnamese Crippler
09-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I've never had a problem, not even with my PS2.

Perhaps I'm just really lucky :o

Bad Company
09-20-2007, 12:58 AM
For consoles I brought new, I've Never had problems with my Master System, Playstation 1, PS3 (besides the fact it sucked) and Wii.
My First PS2 died after about 2 years, got replaced with a slimline when GT4 came out.
My first 360 Died after 6 months or so, I fixed it, then it died again after about 3 months when I was fucking with it. It's replacement is currently functioning correctly, but is only a month or so old.
All my 2nd hand consoles I've owned were fine (N64, Dreamcast), and all my 2nd hand old school gaming computers as well (Vic20, C64, Amiga)

Skippord
09-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Havent had a problem with anything

Extreme Angle
09-20-2007, 03:02 AM
on my 3rd 360...
Red rings
Randomly broke
this one is safe as houses now...
New 360's upgraded premiums and elites out now so shouldn't be any problems anyway

D Mac
09-20-2007, 03:33 AM
Same 360 I had since day one.

Had problems with PS2.

Skippord
09-20-2007, 04:10 AM
I've had my PS2 for 6 years

FearedSanctity
09-20-2007, 04:47 AM
NEVER had any problems with any console I've ever owned, excluding the NES thing like you said.

Have a feeling my 360 might be going soon. Dunno why, just figure with my luck it will

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-20-2007, 08:33 AM
I had red rings on my 360 once, turned it off then back on and it was fine. Other than that, nothing.

Shaggy
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
On my second Xbox, PS2 and 3rd 360.

Just got the red ring yesterday in fact...

The damn 360 seems to of been broken more than its been fixed.

Kane Knight
09-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure that counts as a design flaw, Ninti. I don't think I've even heard of it, much less experienced it. You seem to have had a bad system, period.

Anyway, I wish I could say that I've had no problems, it's just not true. PS1? Launch. Spring issue. PS2? Launch. DREs. DS Lite: My first one had a problem where WiFi wouldn't work. 360? A year after launch, and I'm on my third.

ClockShot
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
No problems with my N64 or Playstation.

On my second PS2. First one had some disk reading issues.

Had the red ring of death once on my 360. Sent it out for maintence, no problems since.

No problems with my PS3, or Wii.

Xero
09-20-2007, 10:22 AM
My PS2 died, just didn't want to play anymore. Replaced it with a Slim PS2.

The biggest problems have been my NESs. Being my favorite console I've gone through at least four of them, including my current top loader (still have most of my older consoles hooked up on an extra TV). Having a bit of a problem with THAT now with it not wanting to play unless it's at a certain angle (I think something is loose).

Actually, my Genesis is having the same problem.

Had the Red Ring of Death once on my 360. Gave it a bop on the side and it's been working perfectly since.

Mr Regal
09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I went through two PS1's The second one pretty much incinerated it's insides...dickhead.

My N64 died about a two years ago. Just upped and died, didn't care enough to fix it.

Dreamcast still works though i haven't played it in about two years.

Stickman
09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
The only problem I have had was way back when we got Sega Genesis. Since then I haven't had any issues.

ct2k
09-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Dunno not really, although my megadrive (genesis) was stolen when our house got burgled, thanks for stirring that shit up again:foc:

RoXer
09-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Only a DRE on my PS2

OssMan
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Disc read error on Playstation 2 so i got another one.

Disturbed316
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Not going to give a proper answer incase I jinx myself :o

IC Champion
09-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I just got my 360 back actually 2 days ago, It wouldn't shut off properly.

Blitz
09-20-2007, 09:20 PM
No problems with my Nintendo till I got rid of it.
No problems with my Genesis, still works pretty well to this day.
Problems with my PS1 in the last couple of years, likely because it's like 12 years old.
No problems with the PS2.
No problems with the 360 thus far.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Despite the odd glitch sometimes, my SNES, PSX, PS2, N64, Wii, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and DS all work fine. The only one that broke was my original Game Boy, when I dropped it and broke the screen.

Ninti the Mad
09-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I should've also asked for those who have had breakdowns how often they play the console and what kind of area is it kept in.

For example, I keep mine behind glass doors underneath the TV except when I play in which I will open the doors so it can air properly.

As for the design flaw... I still kinda attribute my problems to that. All I had to do was hold the cartridge down and it would work but the original point when you click it down would sometimes just give a blue screen.

Pushing down the cartridge while placing another one on top of it to hold it down = life saver

Vietnamese Crippler
09-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know how much I've played with my systems (Game Gear, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Wii), but all have been kept in an open area, with no obstructions whatsoever (within ~10-12 inches) around them.

Funky Fly
09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Ok, let's think...

My Atari 2600 was great until my little brother thought it was too hot and decided to cool it off with a glass of water. :'(

My original SNES was a Christmas gift back in 1991. It officially died in 2004 anfter years of heavy use and abuse.

My current SNES is a 2nd hand one and works alright.

My original N64 died in 2005 after 9 years of heavy use.

My current N64 is 2nd hand and works alright.

My Gamecube was roughed up by my nephews (chunks are missing and shit) but it works fine.

The family Gamecube works but had to be fixed a couple of times.

The Wii is fine.

My PS2 had DRE problems for a little while when Guitar Hero 1 came out then randomly fixed itself and has been great since.

Funky Fly
09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Also, my DS is fine.

Kane Knight
09-22-2007, 03:16 PM
My NES, SNES, and Genesis were all kept in worse places than my 360. I'm meticulous about caroung for my shit these days. My PS2 and 360 are both ventilated. Hell, my GCN was fine, and that was in a worse place.

Requiem
09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Atari Coleco - No problems
NES - No problems
Super NES - No problems
Playstation 1 - No problems within the first week I had it, but I took it back and got an N64
N64 - No problems
PS2 - First had the disc read error.
Second had an issue where the fan would shut off and the system would overheat
Went through both of those in a week.

Never actually owned any others, but my last PS2 lasted until either early this year or late last year when I traded it in. My N64 is still going strong, and I still play it from time to time.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, let's think...

My Atari 2600 was great until my little brother thought it was too hot and decided to cool it off with a glass of water. :'(

ROFL

Funky Fly
09-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Shut up that was the worst day ever. :mad:

LoDownM
09-22-2007, 11:07 PM
NES - None
SNES - None, until 2 years ago when the video fried. I had just found Killer Instinct to:(
PSX - Right after I got my PS2 the spinning thing broke, easily fixed tho.
PS2 - Blue bottoms wouldn't work. Fixed by swapping it with a friends without him knowing :cool:.
XBox - Disc tray broke, but that was due to a faggot leaving it open and then hitting it with his knee.
Gamecube - None, but rarley played it except for the random Super Smash Bros. when friends would come over

ozzman6669
09-23-2007, 12:41 AM
NES - Receive it the 1st christmas it was avalaible in Canada and still got it. (still working)

Genesis - Get it new, sell it after 4 years.

SNES - Got it 2 years after it came out, sell it last year. (still working)

N64 - Got it when it came out, broke last year. (dead)

PS1 - Got it when it came out, sell it 2 weeks ago. (still working)

PS2 - Got it when it came out, still got it, just start to get some problem, don't read black and blue disc.

XBOX - 1st one caught on fire, 2nd one black out and never worked again, sell the 3rd one they send me without using it.

Gamecube - Get a rebuilt one last year, still got it. (still working)

XBOX 360 - The 4 first I got die (ring of death) sell the 5th one without using it last week.

PS3 - Get it 3 days ago. (still Working)

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Shut up that was the worst day ever. :mad:

Sorry man, its just the funniest logic ever, even for a kid. Had to be a killer at the time for you though :'(

road doggy dogg
09-23-2007, 09:42 AM
NES was a bit flukey but then so were like 90% of all NES consoles. 'Sides, Nintendo re-releases the shit out of every NES game anyway so it's not like I can't just play a port of the game on 10 different platforms.

Only problem I've had with any other console is my PS2, and that's just the adapter thing that plugs into the TV; it's a bit loose but I'm 99% certain that's because of my own negligent behaviour. Videogames = :love:

Tornado
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Sega Mega Drive/Genesis - No Problems, well, nothing that couldn't be solved by blowing the cartridge
SNES - As Above
Sega Dreamcast(Second Hand) - Could never get the fucking thing to work. I mean the console worked fine, but I think the connecter for a AV signal was fucked.
Nintendo 64 - No Problems
Sony Playstation 2 (Original) - No Problems
Slimline PS2 - No Problems
Nintendo GameCube - No Problems
Nintendo DS - No Problems, except one dead pixel
Sony PSP - No actualy problems, except for the fact it was, y'know, shit.
Nintendo Wii - No Problems
Microsoft Xbox 360 - No Problems

Overall, i've been pretty lucky.

Shisen Kopf
09-23-2007, 10:47 AM
My PS2 fucked up (DRE) and my Atari lynx got stolen when I was a kid

Kane Knight
09-23-2007, 10:50 AM
NES was a bit flukey but then so were like 90% of all NES consoles. 'Sides, Nintendo re-releases the shit out of every NES game anyway so it's not like I can't just play a port of the game on 10 different platforms.

Only problem I've had with any other console is my PS2, and that's just the adapter thing that plugs into the TV; it's a bit loose but I'm 99% certain that's because of my own negligent behaviour. Videogames = :love:

I think that's a defective plug. Everyone I know has had that issue. Mine was replaced. With another with the exact same problems.

Xero
09-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Sony Playstation 2 (Original) - No Problems
Slimline PS2 - No Problems
Why would you buy a Slimline if your original had no problems?

94 SVT Cobra
09-23-2007, 09:47 PM
My god damned ps2 fried out after only a few months of owning it, but in all fairness i got it on its release date so i suppose it was expected, nothing else ever failed for me tho.

road doggy dogg
09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I think that's a defective plug. Everyone I know has had that issue. Mine was replaced. With another with the exact same problems.

There's a good chance that's what it is; just when stuff like this happens I always assume it's because of my own misuse of it... I tend to move my shit around often and am a bit careless. No biggy, I'm buying a 360 soon anyway :mad:

Savio
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
never had a problem with gamecube...only had it for a year though....kinda broken my eject button on the wii moving, now I have to massage it to work

Skippord
09-25-2007, 01:17 AM
lol you have to massage your wii

Blitz
09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Tony get a 360 in time for my to battle you online in Guitar Hero 3.

darkpower
09-25-2007, 06:33 AM
The NES issue that Ninti pointed out (common issue. The most annoying thing ever).

I also had an issue where I broke my PS2's USB inputs in which it would suddenly turned off whenever something got plugged into it (was my fault though. I tripped over the wire of the keyboard I was using and it came out, causing all KINDS of problems). This happened when, at the time, I didn't have the PC version of FFXI (I have both PC and PS2 versions now), so I was in a HUGE dilemma that I ended up getting bailed out of with some very interesting ways (do not ask, LONG fucking story).

By the way, I've heard Gamecube are really fucking durable, and can take a LOT of shit for it to break on you, and so far, I have to agree with that, since the 'Cube I have has been dropped many times and it's still as if it's out of the fucking box.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-25-2007, 06:48 AM
I went through about 3 nintendos between 2 houses.

My SNES, and my Sega worked never had a problem

My Gameboy Advance never had a problem, but I never used it much.

I went through a few Playstations. 2 or 3.

I'm on my third PS2, however, I only had a problem with one. The second one I had a Best Buy product plan on, and sent it back to get a new one
after two years just because I could. I have a slim one now, works great.

My PS3 works without a problem. It started acting screwy once (wouldn't play PS2 games), but that stopped with no problem.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Oh, and my N64 and Gamecube work fine, but I never use them.

Kane Knight
09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I just thought I should mention this.

A few years ago, my uncle had a son. So I gave away some of my old gaming shit to them, including my old Genesis. My Genesis was missing parts to the casing and such, and I didn't expect it to survive. My nephew (Odd saying that) apparently is enjoying the shit outta that system, so even with the beating I gave it, it still works.

My old Brick Gameboy lasted until the screen game off when my Ex's nephew got rough with it. Even rougher than I had, evidently.

Xero
09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Some douchebag stole my first Gameboy Color. :(