PDA

View Full Version : Official Heroes Season 2 Thread

Splaya
09-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Discuss what is going to happen, and then is happening

Can't wait for Monday :D

Mr Regal
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I fucking love this show. I will be downloading it every week from monday. I have already seen some clips from the new series. The Hiro story looks interesting.

Be interesting to see what happened to Pter and Nathan. The easy one would be that Nathan flew way up dropped Peter and flew to a safe distance, Peter would be able to heal after the explosion due to the healing powers he sponged off the Cheer leader! Then again they could just as easily suprise us and come up with something totally random.

Blitz
09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Noah Bennet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You.

Kane Knight
09-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Spoilers: Hiro wins.

Boondock Saint
09-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Kristen Bell joins the cast this season. :love: I wish Veronica Mars was still on, but I'll settle for this.

Avenger
09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
can't wait

YOUR Hero
09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I hope the show remains as good as last season. I throughly enjoyed it.

Splaya
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll admit, I only recently started watching this about 2 weeks ago. My friend let me borrow Disc 1 on DVD and I ended up renting the last 5 from Blockbuster. I am for sure hooked on this season and cannot wait to see what is going to happen. The season finale last season was just amazing.

Claire = hotness.

Boondock Saint
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Clairebear

Splaya
09-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Season premiere was awesome, a lot of what I expected.

The preview afterwards though is what shocked me. And it's not what is going on.

IT'S THE FACT THAT FUCKING SYLAR IS ALIVE :LOVE:

Blitz
09-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Was it really that big of a surprise, Splaya?

Splaya
09-25-2007, 10:23 AM
It didn't suprise me as much as I lead it on to be. It's just the fact that I'm glad that he is still going to be alive

Mr Regal
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Argh! Loads more questions to be answered :)

So it looks like Hiro Is gonna end up being the great samurai warrior....well i would like it to go that way anyway.

Nowhere Man
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I was kinda disappointed in the premiere. Claire's been dropped into a high school that's virtually identical to the one from the first season (bitchy cheerleader, 'geeky' pretty-boy who wants her to admit that she's unique [only this guy can fly, apparently]), and Hiro is way too gullible about Kensei (didn't he learn his lesson about that with Nathan?) And Peter Petrelli has amnesia?! We spent the entire first season watching him learn how to use his powers, and now he's got to do it all over again. That just frustrates the hell out of me, because it feels like those three have just taken huge steps backward in terms of character.

It also made me sad that Mr. Nakamura got killed so easily, and that the new villain is doing the whole 'shadowy figure' bit exactly like Sylar. And I'm really not interested at all in the new characters so far.

On the plus side, I'm interested in the plague that Mohinder mentioned at the beginning of the episode, and his and Bennett's plan to bring down the company. The bits with Parkman and Molly were pretty good, too.

I'm sure the show will pick up again once they actually get the ball rolling on whatever the big plot is this season, but so far I wasn't really impressed.

YOUR Hero
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
I found the first episode lacked in umph, but that's also part of it's appeal. It builds slowly and methodically. I guess for the season premiere I expected a little somethin' - somethin' more.

This Mexican(?) girl could be very dynamic. She seems religious and yet kills indiscriminately, outside (it seems) of her control..

Avenger
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
awesome.

CSL
09-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I fell asleep watching this first time round so I'm watching it atm. Noah is da man.

CSL
09-26-2007, 11:01 PM
And George Takei is quite the bad ass for a gay guy.

Also, :rofl: @ those 'irish' and 'cockney' accents.

Nice start to the show. Shapes up nicely.

Pinnacle Charisma
09-27-2007, 05:05 AM
so let me get this straight season 1 of heroes was days of future past and now season 2 is the legacy virus?

preety original huh

CSL
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
They acknowledge X-Men.

"In "Genesis", the first episode of the television series Heroes, the character of Hiro Nakamura cites Kitty's travelling through time as teaching him about the concepts of time travel. The episode Five years gone was a further homage to the story."

Mr Regal
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I chuckle when Hiro say's "Greato Scotto" :lol:

RoXer
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Also, :rofl: @ those 'irish' and 'cockney' accents.

Yeah wow. Even I, an ignorant American, was laughing at that part when I saw it.

Mr Regal
09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
They were very convincing "oirish" accents

Pinnacle Charisma
09-28-2007, 06:23 AM
They acknowledge X-Men.

"In "Genesis", the first episode of the television series Heroes, the character of Hiro Nakamura cites Kitty's travelling through time as teaching him about the concepts of time travel. The episode Five years gone was a further homage to the story."

Yeah i know that but that added with this legacy virus theme of season 2 just seems really unoriginal having said that heroes is still immense

Kane Knight
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah i know that but that added with this legacy virus theme of season 2 just seems really unoriginal having said that heroes is still immense

And it's such an original concept. Superheroes dying from a virus? OMG!

Wait, except it sounds just like aliens, mutants, and psychics contracting special issues that goes back some 70 years now.

If you're looking for originality these days, you'd better have amneisa. Otherwise, you're just gonna be disappointed.

Come to think of it, do we even know the virus is legit? Mohinder was, after all, trying to get inside the Corporation. Nobody else seems to be worried. And you'd think Seresh would have at least warned the ones he was still talking to.

Anyway, great intro.

Lock Jaw
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Claire now has the power to cut off her arm and use it as a club. Think about it.

Blitz
10-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Haitian Rimmed Glasses, back in business :love:

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Loved the return of the Haitian.

Loved Claire cutting off her pinky.

Loved Kensei surviving the arrows. And Hiro pretending to be him.

Loved quite a bit of it.

RoXer
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah not bad. Claire/Nathan/Nathan's mom etc possibly being a decedent of Kensei now was not expected.

Splaya
10-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Loved the return of the Haitian.

Loved Claire cutting off her pinky.

Loved Kensei surviving the arrows. And Hiro pretending to be him.

Loved quite a bit of it.

Two things I want to add to this.

At first I thought Claire's pinky would not grow back.

2nd of all, I might be the only one in the world, but the way they play the Noah character, I still have some deep down thoughts that he is still up to something, working behind everyone's backs.

Mr Regal
10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
I think I am loving the Hiro Story the most at the moment, it is awesome.....and is an incredible break from the main story....at the moment. Kensei coming back to life was very cool.

Kane Knight
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah not bad. Claire/Nathan/Nathan's mom etc possibly being a decedent of Kensei now was not expected.

Wouldn't it be her husband, since it was his firm?

In any event, the number of places Kensei's sigil is showing up....

Zelda
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I love this show. I got addicted.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-08-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't think there's any real reason to believe that people who have similiar powers are related.... So I doubt Kensei is related to Claire... I mean, no one else within the bloodlines seem to share powers.

Also, apparently one popular belief is that Kensei will end up being the villian... I pray that's not true, because that'd be pretty lame IMO.

Also, not this season, but eventually, they need to turn Peter evil. In the end, I really want to see an extended Peter Vs Sylar showdown where Sylar IS the hero.

Kane Knight
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, you have Peter the Xerox MAchine and Claire the healer, who are both related to Nate the flyboy.

The Schizo and Phaser had a child who's a cyberkinetic.

The only relation that might suggest a family/genetic bond is Claire and her mother (Firestarter and girl who can heal from a fire), and that seems to be nothing more than a coincidence (And rather tenuous to boot), so I'd say the chracters don't need to be related to have similar powers.

There is something to be said for the Kensei connection, but I do hope it doesn't turn out he's the villain, all things considered. IT would make sense with his logo being used, but...

What Would Kevin Do?
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, Kensei could be related to Claire, or anyone just based on having powers. I just don't think he has to be related to Claire just because he can heal himself (which a decent amount of people on IMDB seem to think.)

You know what I really want to know? Does the Hatian have to actively think to make other's powers null, or does it happen automatically? Because the show makes it look both ways sometimes.

Splaya
10-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Tonight was great.

They really layed the groundwork for the rest of the season. Apparently the build is going to be focused on who is destined to kill Noah Bennett and will it actually go down. That's the focus for the Bennett family.

I'm curious as to how they will cure Nikki.

The Peter scene was key tonight. When she was kissing him, the tattoo changed to the "symbol of death". That makes me a lot more interested.

Heroes is just getting heated up for the season

YOUR Hero
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Fun Fact.

I've counted 3 'Star Trek' people on the show so far.

Sulu
Uhura
Dr. Bashir

Have I missed any?

YOUR Hero
10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Last night's episode was really good. Although the illusionist girl was taken out too easily. Nikki was mind wrapped by her, yet she lets Sylar, whilst injured take her out so easy. However... perhaps she's messing with his mind yet.

Hiro may transport Kensei into the/a future and he may sire children. Thusly creating all sorts of bloodlines.

Lock Jaw
10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Fun Fact.

Sulu
Uhura
Dr. Bashir

Have I missed any?

One of the main cast of Enterprise appeared. Though he hardly counts.

Anyways... awesome episode. Though, I do find it kinda lame how they are still going with the whole painting thing as the main drive behind the plot... despite the painter being DEAD.

And yeah, I bet you that the Candace Michelle girl isn't really dead just yet.

Boondock Saint
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Not feeling this season so far.

Mr Regal
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Certainly not as interesting as the first season yet...but the main story arc hasn't really become clear yet.

Mr Regal
10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Fun Fact.

Sulu
Uhura
Dr. Bashir

Have I missed any?

Yeah the guy from Enterprise, he was the Oirish dude who got pinned up on the wall.

*Just saw Lock jaws post :-\

YOUR Hero
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah I got him mixed up with Bashir from DS9. That's the fella I was posting ab00t

Kane Knight
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah, Kensei could be related to Claire, or anyone just based on having powers. I just don't think he has to be related to Claire just because he can heal himself (which a decent amount of people on IMDB seem to think.)

You know what I really want to know? Does the Hatian have to actively think to make other's powers null, or does it happen automatically? Because the show makes it look both ways sometimes.

Yeah, they seem to waffle on that point, so I think it's a continuity glitch. Or they never thought about it.

Kane Knight
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Hiro may transport Kensei into the/a future and he may sire children. Thusly creating all sorts of bloodlines.

Or, he might sire children in the "current" time period in the past, who spread across the world. Hell, He's a Brit, he might have kids in Europe already.

Avenger
10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
They were very convincing "oirish" accentsoh I hope you're being sarcastic

Splaya
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
YESSSSS

Just saw a preview for Monday night?

"Tommorow, someone is haunting the Heroes, and that some one is one of them."

YESSSSSSSSS

Calling it right now it is Nathan Petrelli

YOUR Hero
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Or, he might sire children in the "current" time period in the past, who spread across the world. Hell, He's a Brit, he might have kids in Europe already.

yeah but that's boring :D

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
YESSSSS

Just saw a preview for Monday night?

"Tommorow, someone is haunting the Heroes, and that some one is one of them."

YESSSSSSSSS

Calling it right now it is Nathan Petrelli

God, I hope not.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah but that's boring :D

So's your face! :rant:

Lock Jaw
10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
619!

Shoulda had her learn a 650 Splash instead.

Blitz
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
lol that was pretty priceless.

Nowhere Man
10-16-2007, 03:01 AM
So, what, is Parkman having to do a Luke Skywalker now? Fight the evil supervillain who turns out to be his father?

YOUR Hero
10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Who is to say he's a super villian? So far all he is, is in hiding. He gives the little girl nightmares, but maybe he does it to keep her from finding her. Anyway, shut up, thje show's been good and I really enjoy the way it paces itself together.

Kane Knight
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Who is to say he's a super villian? So far all he is, is in hiding. He gives the little girl nightmares, but maybe he does it to keep her from finding her. Anyway, shut up, thje show's been good and I really enjoy the way it paces itself together.

It's more than just that he was scaring her, though.

It'll probably turn out that he's not really the threat, because they're pointing at him.

Kane Knight
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
So, what, is Parkman having to do a Luke Skywalker now? Fight the evil supervillain who turns out to be his father?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Seen the third ep downloading the 4th ep atm but has the peter plotline pissed anyone else off?

I hated how he didnt want to open the box because he was afraid that he didnt want to be who he used to be. Ughhh such a weak exuse..

Some of the characters storyline i dont think are as strong as last season. Claires is preety average with simmilar elements of her storyline last year and west is a horrible actor and has a horrible power (nathan already has it) and peter just seems like he is taking a few steps back. And the south american bro and sis are getting too much airtime.

But hiro's does seem enjoyable and mohinder and noah's storyline so far is awesome. I just hope that nathan gets more air time and an intresting plot and nikki storyline does out not to blow.

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Seen the third ep downloading the 4th ep atm but has the peter plotline pissed anyone else off?

I hated how he didnt want to open the box because he was afraid that he didnt want to be who he used to be. Ughhh such a weak exuse..

Some of the characters storyline i dont think are as strong as last season. Claires is preety average with simmilar elements of her storyline last year and west is a horrible actor and has a horrible power (nathan already has it) and peter just seems like he is taking a few steps back. And the south american bro and sis are getting too much airtime.

But hiro's does seem enjoyable and mohinder and noah's storyline so far is awesome. I just hope that nathan gets more air time and an intresting plot and nikki storyline does out not to blow.

I like the Peter storyline. Not opening the box makes sense when you're happy (Or think you are). Or close to it.

I agree with the South American folks getting too much time, but I'm putting a bit of faith in Kring, since the first season didn't fuck up and delivered on all the storylines.

Now that they've picked up Sylar, I'm more interested. To be honest, though, I could care less. I'm mostly in it for the main storyline and Hiro's, which I'm pretty sure ties in well anyway.

Splaya
10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
The Peter storyline has been great so far. I believe that something is brewing there.

Also, when it pertains to the South American folks, apparently from what I've read, Sylar is going to follow them for awhile, and then we are going to really find out why she is wanted for Homicido. From what I've heard, she is not the sweetheart we all have her pegged to be.

CSL
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
The brother of the mexican pair has to go on a frenzy or something with all the 'evil' he's been taking in.

loopydate
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought at first that the Mexican storyline was annoying, but then I remembered that I thought the Niki/Micah/DL story last season was annoying and pointless, but Kring paid it off so well over the last few episodes of the season. Benefit of the doubt for a show that hasn't disappointed yet.

BTW, that 619 was pretty freaking sweet. She throws it better than Rey.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the Peter storyline. Not opening the box makes sense when you're happy (Or think you are). Or close to it.

Yeah i guess but i mean how happy can he be. He has been in this new life for only a few days. He is shacking up with this girl he hardly knows and he is going to be a part time crook dosnt sound like that would satisfy peter from what we learnt about him last season.

But it does look like it will pick up i read that

spoilers Kristen Bell's character (veronica mars) will debut shortly and she is on a quest to find peter due to something about her powers

sounds promising

Lock Jaw
10-17-2007, 10:44 PM
It satisfies him because he doesn't remember who he is. It wouldn't satisfy the Peter from last season, but it is certainly satisfactory to a man with no memory.

Avenger
10-17-2007, 10:52 PM
lol at the 619 that was awesome

Pinnacle Charisma
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
It satisfies him because he doesn't remember who he is. It wouldn't satisfy the Peter from last season, but it is certainly satisfactory to a man with no memory.

yeah pete dosnt remember who he is but shouldnt his personality not change. He was a nurse and semi happy with the idea and we saw that peter had a caring soft personality. The peter of last season wouldnt have been happy as a crook and shouldn't he still have the side of him regardless of his memory loss.

Lock Jaw
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
And he probably still does, as you know he will inevitably open the box and/or regain his memories somehow. But for now, he doesn't remember what kind of a person he was and so is scared of finding out and just accepts the place he has found for himself in his current state, even if some little voice in the back of his head tells him it is wrong.

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
The Peter storyline has been great so far. I believe that something is brewing there.

Also, when it pertains to the South American folks, apparently from what I've read, Sylar is going to follow them for awhile, and then we are going to really find out why she is wanted for Homicido. From what I've heard, she is not the sweetheart we all have her pegged to be.

She'd look better on fire. That's all I care about.

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
yeah pete dosnt remember who he is but shouldnt his personality not change. He was a nurse and semi happy with the idea and we saw that peter had a caring soft personality. The peter of last season wouldnt have been happy as a crook and shouldn't he still have the side of him regardless of his memory loss.

He has no memory of the defining moments of his life. Why would he be the same compassionate dreamer with no recollection of his dreams? All he's experienced in this season is hardship, with the exception ofthe whole "love of a good woman" thing.

Blitz
10-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Gotta tell ya, none of these new characters are doing anything for me.

Lock Jaw
10-23-2007, 11:22 PM
The only new characters which I don't really like are Bob (The Company Man), cause he looks too goofy to be part of the company... and what kind of name is Bob?

Also, I hate that West guy. For the following reasons: I just can't stand the guy's face or voice, he is just so glaringly obvious evil (so most likely they'll pull it around and make him actually not evil), and we already have a flying man.

The rest, I don't mind.

Splaya
10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I thought of something last night. Go back to the picture that was shown of Claire and West kissing with Noah dead in the background. It looked like he was shot in the face or something to that matter.

What if Claire kills him? Think about it, it might make the most sense. She is obviously falling in love with West and right now she despises her father for making her hide everything in her life. It would be a huge twist.

Kane Knight
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm missing the "twist" part of that.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Also, I hate that West guy. For the following reasons: I just can't stand the guy's face or voice, he is just so glaringly obvious evil (so most likely they'll pull it around and make him actually not evil), and we already have a flying man.

The rest, I don't mind.

i agree totally with your hatred of west. The guy who plays him is such a bad actor the lines he delivers are always so monotone. And his power is lame too couldnt they think of something original. Anyway i hope he dosnt have too much of a big role and i would hate it if he kills the greatest character on the show (noah)

Pinnacle Charisma

The rest, I don't mind.

i agree totally with your hatred of west. The guy who plays him is such a bad actor the lines he delivers are always so monotone. And his power is lame too couldnt they think of something original. Anyway i hope he dosnt have too much of a big role and i would hate it if he kills the greatest character on the show (noah)

Pinnacle Charisma

The rest, I don't mind.

Lock Jaw
10-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I see that you really agree with me there.

Lock Jaw
10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Fun Fact.

Sulu
Uhura
Dr. Bashir

Have I missed any?

Just remembered that the dude who played Linderman was the evil guy in Star Trek: Generations.

YOUR Hero
10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
ah yes.

...So Parkman's dad seems interesting.
If Parkman is going to have more than just mind reading abilities, then his character is going to get a lot better. I liked the fact he's a loser that has a 'weak' power, but he could do really well as a loser/bumbler with a strong power too.

Kane Knight
10-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Parkman's power is awesome. He's just a loser.

YOUR Hero
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
West looks like a young Superman. I wonder if he was cast because of his Superman-ish looks.

Kane Knight
10-26-2007, 10:22 AM
West looks like a young Superman. I wonder if he was cast because of his Superman-ish looks.

Actually, I was wondering that myself. Especially since he really has no other major merits.

Blitz
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't mind West. But that Monica kid just pisses me off whenever she's on screen, for whatever reason.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I can't stand West either. I can't remember if it was mentioned on this forum or another but I agree with whoever said it that it seems so blatantly obvious that he's gonna do the whole evil routine but then turn good in time just to save Claire.

But other than that I actually quite like most of the other new characters.

YOUR Hero
10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Lots of "evil" in last night's episode. Lots of people getting killed by the 'good guys'. Kensei going bad, Nikki... you can tell she's reprogrammed and 'bad' again.

Blitz, learn to like Monica, she rocks.

Splaya
10-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah it was very obvious that Nikki is Jessica again.

There was a lot of development tonight. We now have the 7 pictures to go by

Blitz
10-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I take back what I said. I really like Kensei actually. Hope he's kept in the show after Hiro returns to the present.

MVP
11-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I knew Kensei was coming back, but right at the end of the episode? Next week's gonna explain everything hopefully since it's picking up from after Kirby Plaza. I'm pretty pumped, this is the most excited I've been all season since it's been a slow, but necessary start.

Splaya
11-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but everything made sense tonight. They got rid of Caitlin in a smart yet sensible way. Kensei is looking for revenge, and I saw on a preview with NBC during Sunday Night Football. They said the next 5 episodes will bring them all together.

There was also a rumor going around that 3 regulars will die within these 5 episodes. Regardless of Claire or not, I do believe Nikki is going to die. I would say the other 2 are Nathan Petrelli and Noah. It just seems like it's going to happen. Also, does anyone else thing that they are going to finish the sequences of the 8 paintings by the end of these 5 episodes.

edit: I went back and looked at the episode cause I DVR'd it. Peter looking at all the dead bodies was picture 5 of 8. So there is indication that they will wrap it up on the last of the 5, and then leave us with some form of a cliffhanger.

Blitz
11-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Hot episode tonight. Best of the season easily. No Monica or the Twins=win.

Kensei is my new favourite character :love:. And I don't care what anyone says, I dig West.

Splaya
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah I agree with you on West. It's funny how everything developed tonight.

I don't buy it that Suresh will shoot Noah though. I can still see it either being West or *gasp* Claire.

YOUR Hero
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
this was supposed to be the short season right? Like this story line was going to wrap up fast and then they were going on to another story line.

That's what I remember reading/hearing anyway.

Yeah, tonight's episode was pivotal.

Blitz
11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Apparently they shot or will be shooting an alternate ending to the December 3rd episode that would serve as a season finale, in case the writer's strike is going long.

Splaya
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I hope not

JT
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't finish the episode till now. V_V

Lock Jaw
11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
So... what was the point of having DL survive the Linderman thing only to have him get killed by some punk randomly?

Also, I miss the lush ancient Japan sets.

RBM
11-13-2007, 01:02 AM
God, Kristen Bell. Yes plz.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-13-2007, 01:54 AM
You know, this flashback episode was pretty horrible.

AND HOLY FUCKING PLOT HOLE?!?! WHy was the Hatian working with the company again? He betrayed them, goes back to work for them, and then betrays them again? What?

Splaya
11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
You know, this flashback episode was pretty horrible.

AND HOLY FUCKING PLOT HOLE?!?! WHy was the Hatian working with the company again? He betrayed them, goes back to work for them, and then betrays them again? What?

What the hell are you talking about. The flashback episode was awesome.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
What the hell are you talking about. The flashback episode was awesome.

No. It was one of the weaker episodes of the season, and it did nothing to really follow up on the "big" ending of the previous show.

They utterly screwed up the Hatian's story. The timelime for him makes NO sense.

The entire Nicky, DL story wasn't needed. The was no real reason to show it (unless the murderer comes back later.). They could have left it at DL eventually dying from when Linderman shot him, and it wouldn't have made a difference.

I don't care about the twins without Sylar, and while the litle back info was nice, it could have been done much more quickly. You don't need to spend that much time showing what we more or less already know (that she accidentally kills innocent people.)

With that said, the parts with Kristen Bell were done well, as was the interaction between Peter and Adam. The explanation of how Nathan lived seemed a little rushed, but it worked.

They really should have done something with Sylar, or something better with the Hatian. There's a bunch of other things they could have done too. Granted they could still do these things later. However, for this show to follow essentially the most climatic episode of the season, it was a big letdown in my opinion. Certain parts didn't make sense, and a lot of it was just anticlimatic.

Blitz
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
God I still hate the whole Nikki/Jessica/Gina/whoever-the-fuck storyline. Kill her already.

Boondock Saint
11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Seriously, I'm pissed off they've introduced yet another personality.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
So... what was the point of having DL survive the Linderman thing only to have him get killed by some punk randomly?

Yeah, that was completely fucking retarded.

Mr Regal
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
The way DL would have died in Lindermans office wouldn't have been Nikkis fault. He would have died protecting his family from someone else. This way it is all the fault of Nikki and her lame ass "power". Thus convincing her fully to go for the "cure". That's the way I read it anyway, made sense to me.

I quite liked the flash back episode, the mexican flash backs were completely pointless though, and i also was not really sure what the fuck was going on with the hatian. Apart from that it was good.

Boondock Saint
11-15-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope they remind us next week what the Mexican Wonder Twins power is, I keep forgetting since it's hardly shown.

YOUR Hero
11-15-2007, 09:19 PM

Also, I miss the lush ancient Japan sets.

why not have him survive and then die? Did you expect it? no. Maybe he survives again? who knows right?
Not to mention it explains Nikki's reason for going for treatment as well as propel her character to educate us that she has more than 1 extra personality.

Chuck Jones
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I hope they remind us next week what the Mexican Wonder Twins power is, I keep forgetting since it's hardly shown.

The girl infects people with a deadly virus. The guy is the antidote.

MVP
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Tonight was the best episode of the season. The swerve with Mohinder shooting Noah was sweet, and Hiro's and Parkman's storylines are still awesome. I wish every episode would just focus on them plus Peter Petrelli. That way the plot still ties everything together without a bunch of loose ends with terrible storylines like Nikki's, the Twins, and that girl who can copy what she sees on TV.

RoXer
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
OMGGGGGGGGG GREAT EPISODE

Blitz
11-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh fucking hell when Noah got shot man. I was ready to go off on Mohinder.

But he lives :love:

Boondock Saint
11-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Good stuff tonight.

Boondock Saint
11-20-2007, 01:16 AM
The girl infects people with a deadly virus. The guy is the antidote.

Oh! Thank you for that!

What Would Kevin Do?
11-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Finally, Sylar gets back with some of the original cast on the next episode, and away from the fucking twins.

Splaya
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I wonder what the reason for bringing him back is....

Also, this means he has the power to be like Claire now. :love:

Lock Jaw
11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I wonder what the reason for bringing him back is....

The reason for bringing him back is... the show's quality would surely have dropped without him!

Splaya
11-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Thats a good enough excuse for me

Blitz
11-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Lock Jaw knows.

Noah Bennett>*

YOUR Hero
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I was really upset that Noah got shot. For a moment there, I didn't see where the show was going to go with him out of it. Nice swerve by them, although in hindsight, we shouldn't have been too surprised by him being brought back. Also, it looks like West isn't a bad guy like we thought, although I see him being knocked off sooner or later.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-21-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm curious as to who brought Noah back... Was it Bob on his own? Did Elle force Bob to? Or could it have been Adam and Peter?

Blitz
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I assumed it was Mohinder's plan.

Mr Regal
11-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Hugely predictible episode.

And why the fuck didn't that hot chick zap the fuck out of them as soon as she was out of the bucket of water?

Still it was enjoyable.

YOUR Hero
11-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I assumed it was Mohinder's plan.

Yeah. Because he not picking sides and wants Noah to listen to him, etc. My guess anyway.

Interesting thinking it was Peter, but I just think it would be a stretch for Peter to have known where he happened to be, blah blah blah.

YOUR Hero
11-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Hugely predictible episode.

And why the fuck didn't that hot chick zap the fuck out of them as soon as she was out of the bucket of water?

Still it was enjoyable.

Her hands were bound. I'm guessing when they are bound, she's unabled to use her powers properly. Esp if they're behind her back.....

Lock Jaw
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Her hands were bound. I'm guessing when they are bound, she's unabled to use her powers properly. Esp if they're behind her back.....

Kinda like Wonder Woman!

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah. Because he not picking sides and wants Noah to listen to him, etc. My guess anyway.

Interesting thinking it was Peter, but I just think it would be a stretch for Peter to have known where he happened to be, blah blah blah.

Adam seems to be on top of things, and Peter and Adam are in cahoots, so probably not so much.

Mr Regal
11-23-2007, 02:07 PM

They were still tied during the exchange....she frazzled the duct taped with her zappy power.

Lock Jaw
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Hot ending today. Can't wait for next week.

Though its one of those comic book situations where they seem to just be fighting for the sake of fighting, rather than logically talk things out.

Blitz
11-27-2007, 03:22 AM
I still hate Monica.

Splaya
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow. Now something I noticed while looking for more previews of next week online today. The Canadian version claims next week to be the Fall Finale and not the season Finale.

JT
11-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow. Now something I noticed while looking for more previews of next week online today. The Canadian version claims next week to be the Fall Finale and not the season Finale.

Might just be a way of holding out hope, but at this point I would say it's the finale.

YOUR Hero
11-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Fall Finale, yeah. Remember they were making a 1/2 season then getting into the '3rd season' this year, that'll carry over until next year.

Boondock Saint
11-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Well with the strike it's quite possible next week is the last episode until next fall.

Mr Regal
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Wait was the one I just watched the last one....or is there another one next week?

I just watched the one after Noah got shot.

If the was the last one for a while it was ok...i guess....but not really.....actually that can't be the last one for a while it sucked too much and left too much up in the air.

Lock Jaw
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
There is another one next week.

Mr Regal
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I fucking knew it

Splaya
11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Well they had always said that this year there would be 2 sets of chapters. Chapter 2 "Generations" would air during the fall and Chapter 3 "Origins" would air during the winter months

Lock Jaw
12-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Well... I'm kinda disappointed. I was all ready to see some big all out dramatic showdown between Hiro and Adam. But, no... he just teleports him away and somehow buries him alive. I would have liked to see their showdown.

Also, I wonder if a person needs to be only freshly dead for Claire's blood to bring them back. Or could they like... dig up Abraham Lincoln and bring him back to life?

Splaya
12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
OMFG THE WRITERS NEED TO END THEIR STRIKE. WHAT AN AMAZING END TO VOLUME 2. I CALLED IT DEAD ON WITH THE 2 THAT WOULD DIE.

I WONDER WHO SHOT NATHAN?

Blitz
12-04-2007, 02:46 AM
YAY NIKKI'S DEAD :love: :love: :love:

:'( Nathan tho.

And yeah wtf at Hiro and Adam's resolution. Retarded. Kensei better be back.

YOUR Hero
12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Noah shot Nathan.

I expect we'll see Hiro and Adam's 'showdown' further into the show.

Mr Regal
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed that finale. But the show seems to be getting a bit lazy.

The Hiro and Adam showdown was shit......how did he get him in the casket? not to mention the fact that he will be able to get out, he lives forever.....he will eventually be able to dig his way out....why not take him back to the time of the dinosaurs and let him get eaten or something. Unless of course he needs air to live and food and water and all that...then he's fucked...still HOW DID HE GET HIM IN A GOD DAMN EMPTY CASKET?

And surely nathan can't die now that he has Adams blood in him....or does it only work for a while? ot to mention the fact that peter can travel through time....he could just go back and stop the shooting...how will they explain that away?

Anyway that aside, i thought the episode was enjoyable.

Kane Knight
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I really enjoyed that finale. But the show seems to be getting a bit lazy.

The Hiro and Adam showdown was shit......how did he get him in the casket? not to mention the fact that he will be able to get out, he lives forever.....he will eventually be able to dig his way out....why not take him back to the time of the dinosaurs and let him get eaten or something. Unless of course he needs air to live and food and water and all that...then he's fucked...still HOW DID HE GET HIM IN A GOD DAMN EMPTY CASKET?

And surely nathan can't die now that he has Adams blood in him....or does it only work for a while? ot to mention the fact that peter can travel through time....he could just go back and stop the shooting...how will they explain that away?

Anyway that aside, i thought the episode was enjoyable.

How will Adam be able to dig his way out? The second he manages to get through teh casket, he'll be literally crushed. Actually, really, he should have been already, but honestly. The finale was fine.

I don't imagine that Adam's blood is a long term cure, or we'd have many immortal men running around.

My big question is why nobody thought that Nathan might get shot. A big, powerful corporation is just going to let themselves get exposed on public TV? Sure, Parkman and Peter were there, but you'd think that they would have operated more safely. That's just too stupid for those three to have arrived at.

Also, Hiro can stop time. If he can use it to cheat at cards, protect himself, and so on, why can't he just go "You're frozen. You're in a coffin. " Mystery solved.

RoXer
12-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah as long as people can travel back in time and we have cure all blood from either Adam or Claire than no ones REALLY dead.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Why would it be hard to get Adam into the coffin? All he had to do was grab him, teleport to the coffin, and teleport out leaving him there.

The bigger question is, who was Peter/Nathan's mom talking to? I mean, it COULD be Bob, but I honestly can't believe Bob is the real head of the company.

Danny Electric
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
He buried Adam in the same cemetary as Hiro's dad, maybe a bit of poetic justice.

Kane Knight
12-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Why would it be hard to get Adam into the coffin? All he had to do was grab him, teleport to the coffin, and teleport out leaving him there.

The bigger question is, who was Peter/Nathan's mom talking to? I mean, it COULD be Bob, but I honestly can't believe Bob is the real head of the company.

Yeah, Bob's pretty clearly middle management.

Mr Regal
12-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Old man Hiro is the head of the company.

loopydate
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah as long as people can travel back in time and we have cure all blood from either Adam or Claire than no ones REALLY dead.

Except during the whole story arc with Charlie last year, no matter what Hiro did, he couldn't change the past to keep her alive. He went to the past to save his father, but failed. It looks like in the Heroes universe, death is the one thing Hiro can't change.

I'm curious about the blood thing. Is EVERYONE's mutation part of their bloodstream? Does that mean that if somebody got a transfusion from Sylar, they'd be telekinetic, have superhuman hearing, be able to cut people's heads open with his finger, go nuclear, and play Spock?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Old man Hiro is the head of the company.

Except he's dead, and someone has to replace him.

YOUR Hero
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Hiro's sister?

*throwing it out there*

Kane Knight
12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm curious about the blood thing. Is EVERYONE's mutation part of their bloodstream? Does that mean that if somebody got a transfusion from Sylar, they'd be telekinetic, have superhuman hearing, be able to cut people's heads open with his finger, go nuclear, and play Spock?

I seriously doubt it.

My guess is that Adam/Claire's blood is the vector for their healing powers.

Mr Regal
12-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Except he's dead, and someone has to replace him.

What?

Hiro, not his dad.

Lock Jaw
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, their "mutation" is that their cells are capable of regeneration. Which means their blood cells too. So their very blood is carries their powers.

With other people, like being able to copy whatever you see... that has nothing to do with blood and thus a transfusion would do nothing.

Though, if Season One taught us anything, its that if you saw open a person's head and consume their brain, you get their powers.

YOUR Hero
12-09-2007, 10:26 PM
He doesn't eat their brain. At least my understanding is that he figures out their abilities because he's a tinkerer, a fixer, one that can learn things by looking at them.

Lock Jaw
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah. I just find it funnier to think he goes around eating people's brains...

.... Which I guess shouldn't be funny at all....

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
What?

Hiro, not his dad.

What Regal is trying to say, essentially, is that some future incarnation of Hiro is behind it. "Old Man Hiro" means Hiro as an old man, not Hiro's Old Man. Though if we know one thing, it's that nobody wants to stay dead, so...

Yeah, their "mutation" is that their cells are capable of regeneration. Which means their blood cells too. So their very blood is carries their powers.

With other people, like being able to copy whatever you see... that has nothing to do with blood and thus a transfusion would do nothing.

Makes me wonder how certain abilities work, but...

He doesn't eat their brain. At least my understanding is that he figures out their abilities because he's a tinkerer, a fixer, one that can learn things by looking at them.

To be fair, they never found the brains.