PDA

View Full Version : Kovalev traded to...

MoRcHeEbA
03-02-2004, 10:40 PM
the habs :eek: looks like the rangers just may be starting a firesale. Habs surprise me as the place he went but whatever he's high a high payed rental.

Arashi Kage
03-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Yeah, watching Lethal Weapon, turn on The Score to see if Calgary won, and I saw the headline.

I hope Kovalev will suceed in Montreal. After he left Lemieux, he accomplished very little back with his cup winning team.

It's good to see a move like this by the Habs, it shows that they are serious. :y: Gainey

MoRcHeEbA
03-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I doubt montreal will re-sign him though... It wouldn't shock me to see kovi put up some decent numbers with the habs though. He seems to play better on teams that have heart more then teams that have money.

asphyXy
03-02-2004, 11:16 PM
<font color=969696>I'm glad he got traded for the sake of his career. The Rangers need to unload all of their all-star garbage and get some good young players. Build the team around guys like Blackburn, Lundmark, and now Ortmeyer and Tjutin. Just as long as they keep Barnaby, Leetch, and Rucinsky...</font>

TheJShow
03-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Good move by Montreal. Koivu is an amazing playmaker, but has never had a big-time winger to play with, but now he does!

If the Canadiens could pick up a couple of big defencemen, along with one or two guys like a Simon or Barnaby, then they could do some damage in the playoffs.

Bob Gainey :love:

John la Rock
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
WOW!!! this is news to me :y:

YOUR Hero
03-03-2004, 10:05 AM
This is my continued impression of Brian Burke: Quack Quack (on crutches)

I'm a Habs fan almost as much as I'm a Canucks fan so I'm pretty happy.

BCWWF
03-03-2004, 04:15 PM
I think this was a great move for Montreal and for Kovalev.

road doggy dogg
03-03-2004, 04:32 PM
No offence Hero, but you're really starting to sound like a Leafs fan. :p

asphyXy
03-03-2004, 07:22 PM
<font color=969696>Rangers trade Nedved, Markkanen to Oilers

NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Rangers traded center Petr Nedved and goalie Jussi Markkanen to the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday for forward Dwight Helminen, goalie Stephen Valiquette and a second-round pick this year.

It was the second move for the Rangers in two days. On Tuesday, they sent Alex Kovalev to the Montreal Canadiens for forward prospect Josef Balej and a second-round pick this year.

A week before the March 9 trade deadline, the Rangers began the dismantling of the team that's all but eliminated from the playoff race.

Nedved has appeared in 65 games for the Rangers this season, tallying 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points, along with 42 penalty minutes.

Markkanen has played in 26 games with New York this season, posting a mark of 8-12-1, along with a 2.56 goals-against average.

Helminen was Edmonton's eighth-round selection in the 2002 entry draft. He has played in 32 games this season for the University of Michigan, scoring 13 goals and 10 assists for 23 points. Valiquette has played in 35 games this season with Toronto of the AHL, posting a record of 14-14-5, along with a 2.59 GAA. He also appeared in one game with Edmonton this season.

----

That's the ticket, Sather! It's obviously the players' fault that the team is doing poorly. Never mind the fact that they haven't had a real coach since 97... What's next, Barnaby for a sixth round draft pick? Eddie Olcyzk as new head coach? I hear that Eddie is making some progress over in Pittsburgh...</font>