PDA

View Full Version : ea to possible do NWA TNA GAME!!

wrestling_god
12-13-2003, 12:30 PM
I stumbled upon this in www.prowrestlingscoops.com

I reported last week that EA Sports would not be able to produce a NWA-TNA video game because of contractual ties with the WWE, but I was corrected. EA Sports would be able to produce the NWA-TNA game, but no deal has yet to be signed although there are talks for a video game to be produced/released in 2004.

this would kick ass!!! A.J. styles, sting, jeff hardy, jeff jarret, loki, k-kwick :rofl: {sorry about that last one}

Kane Knight
12-13-2003, 12:31 PM
I stumbled upon this in www.prowrestlingscoops.com

I reported last week that EA Sports would not be able to produce a NWA-TNA video game because of contractual ties with the WWE, but I was corrected. EA Sports would be able to produce the NWA-TNA game, but no deal has yet to be signed although there are talks for a video game to be produced/released in 2004.

this would kick ass!!! A.J. styles, sting, jeff hardy, jeff jarret, loki, k-kwick :rofl: {sorry about that last one}

Yeah, we haven't heard that one before.

wrestling_god
12-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Yeah, we haven't heard that one before.
what do you mean??

Danny Electric
12-13-2003, 12:49 PM
The problem with that is that the roster changes about every day in NWA TNA.

DS
12-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Which would play a great deal in deciding if it should be online enabled. With the PS2 HDD coming out soon, PS2 and Xbox could use their harddrives. Or just memory cards.

Cactus Sid
12-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Why the hell are you laughing at Ron Killings? The guys a talent.

Also, Kane's right, the game has supposedly been in the offing for like a year, and nothing is coming about. TNA, as it is right now, is not marketable enough. Unless they could make a completely superior game to Smackdown or Def Jam Vendetta, it wont sell.

Also, prowrestlingscoops? Not the most reliable site in the world.

Kane Knight
12-13-2003, 02:32 PM

Also, Kane's right, the game has supposedly been in the offing for like a year, and nothing is coming about. TNA, as it is right now, is not marketable enough. Unless they could make a completely superior game to Smackdown or Def Jam Vendetta, it wont sell.

Ron Killings is good.

TNA needs a more solid roster before they can hope to have a decent offering for a game, though I do think an NWA-TNA game would likely rule. Story had it that they were working on firming up some issues, but I don't know where that ended up.

What with TNA's recent "offerings," I can't say they're likely to maintain the interest they have if they don't make some major changes, like, 2 weeks ago.

In other words, I bet this could all go south REALLY fast. I hope it doesn't, but people need to be a little more realistic.

wrestling_god
12-13-2003, 02:40 PM

where do you go for info??

Penner
12-14-2003, 03:42 PM
<font color=white face=tahoma><b>www.cnn.ca

if anything mega important was up itd be on that site</b></font>

Head
12-14-2003, 03:49 PM
I read about this like 2 months ago on IGN.

Cactus Sid
12-14-2003, 03:58 PM
where do you go for info??

I read about.

Nowhere Man
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM
I think the posibilities of a TNA game would increase dramatically if that "Bound for Glory" PPV pays off. If they get some good numbers off that show, and get a little attention from the casual fans (very likely if Hogan and Sting are on the show), then EA might be a little more persuaded.

I'm hoping that if it gets made, they make it with just any real major indy talent and not just the guys who have signed contracts with them. That'd probably be the best thing, since it'd give the indy workers some mainstream exposure (if only in digital form), make TNA's roster look much bigger than it really is, and all sorts of other good stuff.

Hired Hitman
12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
I read about.
*Rimshot*

The Mackem
12-15-2003, 07:03 AM
And you know the best thing about EA doing the game? Monthly (sorry yearly) updates!!

They could sell this game on the back of Hulk Hogan. Think about the story mode. Each week Jarrett or Jimmy Hart could come up to you and say "Next week you will be facing......HULK HOGAN!!!" But you never do get to fight him. When the story mode finishes and you still haven't fought Hogan a "to be continued" sign pops-up with a promise that Hogan will be in the next game.

Kane Knight
12-15-2003, 08:55 AM
I read about.

:eek:

SLUT!

Cactus Sid
12-16-2003, 08:55 PM
*cough* :shifty: