PDA

View Full Version : So, Paul London...

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
So, is Paul London dead set on Shooting Star Pressing his way into the unemployment line or what? I mean, I think it is hilarious how each week he finds a new way of skirting around the "no shooting star presses" rule. But seriously, how long do you think this is going to last?

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Are you talking about his standing versions of the move? I actually think that they are permitted by the WWE. John Morrison occasionally busts them out, too. The WWE just don't like it off the top rope, which is pretty silly, I think, but ah well.

Paul London must be pissing someone off, though. I mean, to go from having the best match at Unforgiven to getting Pedigreed by Triple H the following night, even though you're both good guys, and there's no logical reason for said event to happen? Surely Triple H wouldn't squash the credibility of a younger guy for no reason at all?

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Don't question HHH.

Also, what was that running off the apron thing last last night? A shooting star press.

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Don't question HHH.

Also, what was that running off the apron thing last last night? A shooting star press.

I'm not questioning Triple H, I am in polar opposition to his on-screen actions. There isn't a "question" about it.

And that running thing off the apron probably was a shooting star press. But as I said, I don't think the WWE has problems with shooting star presses if they are standing variants, or from the apron to the floor. It's just the top rope ones where there is a greater chance of doing a Juventud Guerra and nearly decapitating Chavo Guerrero.

The Fugitive
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Juvi? Don't you mean Kidman?

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:26 AM

Kidman did injure Chavo with the Shooting Star Press, and I think that is when the WWE started to think about putting the breaks on things, but then they actually had that storyline where Kidman would hit like three Shooting Star Presses on guys to get heel heat. Paul London also busted out the 450 Splash and the London Calling during these periods, then he got injured.

I think the official ban came later, when Juvi kind of botched a 450 Splash, and turned it into a 450 Knee Drop, of sorts. It may not have been on Chavo Guerrero, though, I just seem to get the feeling that it was.

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
However, things might get a little more relaxed now that John Cena has proven that a hip toss can put you out on the shelf.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
So, the ban has nothing to do with Brock almost killing himself.

Anyhow, none of this stops London from being a crazy bastard. He is probably one of my favorites right now.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
However, things might get a little more relaxed now that John Cena has proven that a hip toss can put you out on the shelf.

No, they will just ban hiptosses. It will soon be WBE, that is right, just brawling, no wrestling. But everyone will still wear funny costumes and such.

Dave Youell
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Don't question Alienoid!!!!

If he said it was Juvi it was Juvi, even if it was Kidman, it doesn't matter.

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM

Or this leads to a ban of all impact moves.

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Anyhow, none of this stops London from being a crazy bastard. He is probably one of my favorites right now.

Brock probably didn't help things, but the official ban came later. It was probably just an accumulation of things like Brock's attempt at the shooting star, and some other mishaps. Even shit like Kurt Angle breaking Hardcore Holly's arm in 2000 with a moonsault, and Sid Vicious' leg break might have had some influence.

I think the more guys fly, the more safely they can do it, though. Sure, you get some mishaps, but in their earlier matches, when they were allowed to do pretty much anything, Paul London & Brian Kendrick were on point with everything. Nowadays they are great, but they seem a little more lost in there, if only a little. I think it's the confusion of styles. The WWE needs to just let them be who they want to be.

Also, kudos to you on enjoying Paul London. :y:

Dave Youell
10-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Nah, the Brock thing was at Mania 19. It was at least a year later when they banned, it. It may have contibuted to it though.

And yes, London should be allowed to do this crazy shit, it's the best way for guys with no mic time to get over, it got Edge, Christian and the Hardys over pretty damn well

Dave Youell
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Or this leads to a ban of all impact moves.
Raw is going to end up like World of Sport

Which is no bad thing in my book as I LOVE old school british wresting.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Also, with as small as London and Kindrick are, it is really important for them to be able to fly around the ring to look like they could be a threat. Hell, they look small against Jeff Hardy.

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Nah, the Brock thing was at Mania 19. It was at least a year later when they banned, it. It may have contibuted to it though.

And yes, London should be allowed to do this crazy shit, it's the best way for guys with no mic time to get over, it got Edge, Christian and the Hardys over pretty damn well

I'm just trying to imagine how over Paul London would be if he was allowed to do the London Calling. That is one seriously pretty move.

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Also, with as small as London and Kindrick are, it is really important for them to be able to fly around the ring to look like they could be a threat. Hell, they look small against Jeff Hardy.

That's a big part of it, too. I mean, a smaller guy needs to logically throw more of his weight into things. A cruiserweight's use of momentum, speed, the fans' awe and the confusion their style can create, is how they earn their living. No one can take a small guy boxing a guy the size of The Undertaker, but a smaller guy flipping over the top rope onto someone that big? It's a lot more believeable that something like this would have effective results.

St. Jimmy
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't question HHH. :love:

FourFifty
10-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Don't question HHH.

I'd question anyone with the mutton chop going on.

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah, anyone who takes their fashion tips from Yosemite Sam needs to be questioned.

IC Champion
10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Fuckin Mutton chops, what a fucking idiot.

owenbrown
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
No, they will just ban hiptosses. It will soon be WBE, that is right, just brawling, no wrestling. But everyone will still wear funny costumes and such.

Before too long, it will end up being WFoDE, Where the only legal move will be the Fingerpoke of Doom. :shifty:

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Before too long, it will end up being WFoDE, Where the only legal move will be the Fingerpoke of Doom. :shifty:

Except Trips will still have a Pedigree, Michaels with still have SCM, and 'Taker will have his Tombstone.

Imagine a match consisting of nothing but pedigrees. :y:

McLegend
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Isn't that every HHH match?

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Fair enough.

St. Jimmy
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Except Trips will still have a Pedigree, Michaels with still have SCM, and 'Taker will have his Tombstone.

Imagine a match consisting of nothing but pedigrees. :y:

If Punk or Cena were involved.... :drool: