PDA

View Full Version : Edge return date set

Innovator
10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
PWInsider.com

As has been WWE's custom recently in an attempt to get more buys of their PPV events, Edge is set to return to action from injury at the November 18 Survivor Series PPV.

Edge joins Rey Mysterio, Triple H, Undertaker as WWE stars who have made their return to the company on a PPV rather than on free TV.

KingofOldSchool
10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
How in the hell would they promote booking a heel to return at a PPV and expect people to buy the PPV just to see him?

I mean it works for the other three because they are faces, but Edge is/was Smackdown's top heel and I don't think see that method working.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
It is gay to make all the returns and debuts on PPV. Because the same video package every week gets old.

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Has it really even upped PPV buyrates?

I know WWE are kinda desparate, but Come ON.

KingofOldSchool
10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah and how would they even tell if a "return" really helped the buyrates. I mean they would have to poll every household that buys the PPV to see if they paid to see the return of X wrestler.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I would like to see some wrestlers jump out of no-where on free tv to make returns. Add a bit of unpridictablity. Make people scared to miss this week or next week incase something happens. Not just have Steve-O show up and get thrown into a door.

mrslackalack
10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I remember Pillman doing that to Austin in the Spring of 97 when he returned from injury.

IC Champion
10-02-2007, 12:54 PM
All these PPV returns are garbage, nothing special happens on PPV, they just show up and wrestle there match, YAY!! Well worth shelling out over 40 dollars for.

owenbrown
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I would like to see some wrestlers jump out of no-where on free tv to make returns. Add a bit of unpridictablity. Make people scared to miss this week or next week incase something happens. Not just have Steve-O show up and get thrown into a door.

Can we just have Steve-O thrown off of the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago this Sunday instead? :shifty:

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Can we just have Steve-O thrown off of the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago this Sunday instead? :shifty:

I'd pay 40 bucks for that.

Kane Knight
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
All these PPV returns are garbage, nothing special happens on PPV, they just show up and wrestle there match, YAY!! Well worth shelling out over 40 dollars for.

Wow. They even managed to make the returns boring?

FUCK. That's talent.

Tommy Gunn
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
The last few PPVs have definitely been lacking in swerves or title changes. The only shocking thing of recent memory was Batista actually winning a title match.

The biggest cause of title changes this year has been out of necessity because of injuries.

BigDaddyCool
10-02-2007, 02:04 PM
One could argue that Edge's title win was shocking, but it was telegraphed as he took the mitb breifcase when we all knew 'Taker was hurt.

DAMN iNATOR
10-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Hmm...not tryin' to read too much into this but with HBK and Edge both set for Survivor Series returns...yes, they're on different shows and whatever, but a match with some sort of stipulation on it between the two might not be all bad (or they'll just rep their brands at the SS Elim. Match...)

Loose Cannon
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I remember Pillman doing that to Austin in the Spring of 97 when he returned from injury.

nothing will top that return for me. JR's call through that was awesome.

owenbrown
10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I'd pay 40 bucks for that.

So would I. And have Ron Simmons do it and yell "DAMN!" real loud afterwards.

Jura
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope they do this Survivor Series like the other years and not like last year. I would like it as Raw vs Smackdown! vs ECW instead of the combination of all three brand's rosters.

SammyG
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Can't wait for Edge to come back.