PDA

View Full Version : SmackethDown Spoilers

Mr. Nerfect
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Dark Match:

-Jacob Duncan defeated Funaki

Smackdown:

- Chuck Palumbo rolled up Chris Masters for a pinfall. Palumbo controlled most of the match. Afterwards, Masters attacked him and out Palumbo with the Masterlock.

- Big Daddy V promotional video airs.

- Jesse & Festus defeated Jay Adams & Conrad Carr (Eddie Venom and Conrad Kennedy III from Michigan indy scene)

- There is a backstage vignette with Jamie Noble, Deuce and Domino.

- Drew McIntyre (Drew Galloway from Scotland, with Dave Taylor) defeated Brett Major

- Diva search segment.

- Backstage promo with WWE Tag team champions Matt Hardy and MVP.

- The Undertaker and Kane defeated WWE Tag Team champions Matt Hardy and MVP after Taker drilled MVP with a tombstone. This was a non-title match.

- In a backstage promo with Vickie Guerrero and Jamie Noble, leading to Vickie signing Noble vs. Khali next.

- Great Khali beats Jamie Noble with the head squishie.

- Jimmy Yang Wang defeated Deuce and was then attacked and laid out by Deuce and Domino. Cherry even slapped Yang.

- Rey Mysterio vs. Fit Finlay for the #1 contendership of the WWE World title went to a no contest after a chair was used. The lights in the arena went out and by the time they returned, both men were laid out in the ring. Undertaker was inside, making a motion with his hands for the belt, motioning to Batista, who was at ringside doing commentary.

Mr. Nerfect
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I had just made a thread that contained some Drew Galloway love in it. I don't know if the plan is to bring up Paul Burchill and make them a stable, but I'm actually going to watch SmackDown! this week for the newly dubbed "Drew McIntyre."

The rest sounds pretty bad, to be honest. Jimmy Wang Yang beating Deuce should be OK, as well as the opening match, but nothing outstanding. This will probably lead to Yang getting a tag team partner to face Deuce N' Domino. Jamie Noble looks like he's the closest, but I'd go Funaki, and have two redneck cowboys (Funaki actually is one in real life).

Jamie Noble getting jobbed out to The Great Khali makes little to no sense. They need to keep their cruiserweights strong so there is interest in the belt. If they absolutely needed someone to job, why not Shannon Moore? He's at least a babyface. Fuck, put Hornswoggle in the match, and reveal that Vickie's concern for him was complete shit.

The Undertaker & Kane going over Matt Hardy & MVP indicates that they should be the WWE Tag Team Champions, but they won't win the belts. This was a cop-out that hurts the belts, the Champions and the tag division.

It looks like SmackDown!'s No Mercy main event will be Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay vs. The Undertaker. Yawn. Anything with The Undertaker in it puts me to sleep. If Undertaker gets in, Kane should get in. The Great Khali also has reason to still be sniffing around. Dare I call for the worst Elimination Chamber of all-time? No, but I call for a Six Pack Match, with the fans voting on the referee.

BigDaddyCool
10-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Gay.

Xero
10-09-2007, 11:08 PM
- Jimmy Yang Wang defeated Deuce and was then attacked and laid out by Deuce and Domino. Cherry even slapped <s>Yang</s> Wang.

Jura
10-09-2007, 11:10 PM
SD! needs some fresh talent or better wrestlers. I hate Finlay and the whole miracle Mysterio doesn't work anymore.

RGWhat316
10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
I just got back from the tapings, and I don't know how the Rey/Finlay match is gonna go. They actually did a re-tape after ECW. In the original match it seemed that Finlay won by DQ, and on the re-tape, Rey won by DQ.

I don't know if I misheard, but I heard Jacob Duncan as Jacob Adams. Either way he was Triton from TNA.

And I'm guessing this Drew McIntyre is going by that, but the tron said Drew Galloway. They did a brief promo video with him saying he loved USA.

The first Noble/Deuce/Domino promo was Noble getting Deuce upset saying Yang said stuff about Cherry.

Dave Youell
10-10-2007, 04:27 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Jesus Christ!!!!

I can’t believe they called up Drew already, he’s only been in the country a few weeks.

I’m sooo happy for him!!!!

Got a reason to watch Smackdown this week then!

Blitz
10-10-2007, 07:55 AM
And I'm guessing this Drew McIntyre is going by that, but the tron said Drew Galloway.
lol yeah that was hilarious. Galloway looked pretty good, but they couldn't even give him a finisher. He won with a roll-up. No one debuting should do that :n:

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I like the name Drew Galloway better, but if they do decide to go with McIntyre, I could live with it. It's not as silly as "Kenny Dykstra." He's got a lot of potential from everything I've read, and hopefully he can grow on SmackDown!.

Paul Burchill is missed by me. I would not be opposed to seeing Burchill & Galloway team up under Dave Taylor. Maybe bring up Katie Lea as a female valet for them, and if they bring a Women's Title in to SmackDown! (I've sensed it coming for a long time, and it seems something the Vickie Guerrero character would do), she can compete in that.

Galloway should be the guy to defeat Matt Hardy for the United States Championship when Hardy wins it from MVP in the near future.

Dave Youell
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I guess McIntyre sounds more Scottish, heck I’m shocked that they didn’t call him McLeod and make him immortal, of Wallace and have him coming out on a horse yelling freedom. At least they’ve given him a slightly normal gimmick, I assume his first PPV would/could be the rumble, man that’s going to be surreal.

One good thing, all he’s got right now is this I love USA thing, now I would assume he was a heel and trying to overact to get the fans to like him, but backfire, so he can be a normal heel with ease. Or the vignette could just of been to get heat and none of us will see it and he’ll be back in OVW within weeks, I like the idea of the stable though. There’s other guys they’ve got who could be in that stable, one called I think is called Chris Lewington (sp?) and he’s well built also. But with the Hart Foundation version 6.3 on the way, I can’t see there being 2 stables on the same show, although I personally would love it.

Theo Dious
10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
God, this show sounds so boring and crappy that I thought to myself "ooh look, Smackdown spoilers, I should check that out," only to find out that I'd already read them today. So bad that I actually forgot about them. :rofl:

Optimus Bone 69
10-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Its THEE Drew Galloway my mate had a great match with him before he left for the WWE hes one to look out for too
hes called Lionheart its great being scottish!!

BigDaddyCool
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Why is Kahli wasting his time with Noble? And why isn't Noble going after the vacant cruiserwieght title?

Why are Kane and Taker wasting their time in the tag division when Taker wants the WHT? Why is Duece and Domino wasting their time with Jimmy Wang instead of getting back in the tag title hunt? Why is Jimmy Wang wasting his time with Duece and Domino isn't of going after the vacant cruiserwieght title?

Why is Chuck wasting his time with Chris Masters? Chris Masters is a nobody, he should be gearing up against MVP for a title shot, unless beating Masters is a stepping stone to MVP.

Kane...well Kane being in a team that beat MVP is good, he needs a regular tag partner and he can go after the tag titles or he can just go after mvp.

The rest is all crap.

DAMN iNATOR
10-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I had just made a thread that contained some Drew Galloway love in it. I don't know if the plan is to bring up Paul Burchill and make them a stable, but I'm actually going to watch SmackDown! this week for the newly dubbed "Drew McIntyre."

The rest sounds pretty bad, to be honest. Jimmy Wang Yang beating Deuce should be OK, as well as the opening match, but nothing outstanding. This will probably lead to Yang getting a tag team partner to face Deuce N' Domino. Jamie Noble looks like he's the closest, but I'd go Funaki, and have two redneck cowboys (Funaki actually is one in real life).

Jamie Noble getting jobbed out to The Great Khali makes little to no sense. They need to keep their cruiserweights strong so there is interest in the belt. If they absolutely needed someone to job, why not Shannon Moore? He's at least a babyface. Fuck, put Hornswoggle in the match, and reveal that Vickie's concern for him was complete shit.

The Undertaker & Kane going over Matt Hardy & MVP indicates that they should be the WWE Tag Team Champions, but they won't win the belts. This was a cop-out that hurts the belts, the Champions and the tag division.

It looks like SmackDown!'s <strike>No Mercy</strike> Cyber Sunday main event will be Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay vs. The Undertaker. Yawn. Anything with The Undertaker in it puts me to sleep. If Undertaker gets in, Kane should get in. The Great Khali also has reason to still be sniffing around. Dare I call for the worst Elimination Chamber of all-time? No, but I call for a Six Pack Match, with the fans voting on the referee.

Minor fix made.

St. Jimmy
10-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Needs more Kliq.

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Minor fix made.

Haha, thanks for that.

Evil Vito
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Weren't the Highlanders originally scheduled to go over to Smackdown? Maybe they turned them so now they can go over and be heels in a stable with Galloway</font>

Kane Knight
10-12-2007, 09:54 PM
So...Has there been a SAVE_US.222 video?

thedamndest
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Batista is like the worst color guy ever. Until the camera panned to him I totally forget he was there.

Mooияakeя™
10-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Batista is like the worst color guy ever.

That's it, play the race card.... :shifty:

Mooияakeя™
10-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Dark Match:

-Jacob Duncan defeated Funaki

I think Funaki needs to learn that his push, or any chance of one, has now ended with this crushing defeat.

Kane Knight
10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
That's it, play the race card.... :shifty:

PLAY IT....

Dave Youell
10-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Its THEE Drew Galloway my mate had a great match with him before he left for the WWE hes one to look out for too
hes called Lionheart its great being scottish!!
I know of him, heard good things about Lionheart, think we have a few mutual friends, I know a few people from north of the border.

Drew's debut was kind of underwhelming to be honest, some nice chain wrestling, but a fairly basic match, he doesn't look at cut as he used to though.

Londoner
10-13-2007, 02:28 PM
So...Has there been a SAVE_US.222 video?

On that show? Yes there was.

Jura
10-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Drew looked small in the pictures but when I saw him on SD! He looked a good size. His wrestling and performance was nothing special as it didn't make me pay attention to the match but I think he has potential.