PDA

View Full Version : Which Of The Discussed WMXX Matches You Would Most Like To See?

StoneColdStunner
12-13-2003, 03:04 PM
1. Lesnar vs. Goldberg
2. Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle
3. Austin vs. McMahon
4. Foley vs. HHH
5. Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Flair
6. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage
7. Austin vs. Goldberg
8. Undertaker vs. Kane

Well the match i would like to see, is Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle...because that's never going to happen :( i think i would go for Lesnar vs. Goldberg because i would like to see what would happen.

Mr. JL
12-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart would be the one I'd kill to see but it won't happen. God I wish Goldberg had not kicked Bret in the head! I don't want to see Lesnar vs Goldberg because I think it will suck. No offense to them but I just don't think those two are able to pull out a Wrestle Mania caliber (sp?) match. It would be better to see them fight in seperate wrestling bouts in my opinion. For example: Brock vs Benoit and Goldberg vs RVD.

I could see the WWE doing something at Armageddon between the Intercontinental title match. Foley could accidently cause RVD to lose and then those two could end up hooking up at Wrestle Mania. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Ricky
12-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Austin VS Goldberg

Supermark101
12-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Flair

StoneColdStunner
12-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Austin VS Goldberg

:y:

M-A-G
12-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Let's see....None of them.

Fragile X
12-13-2003, 05:07 PM
LOL Most of those are pretty shitty I will go with one of these...

Cena/Rock
Hogan/Austin
Angle/Benoit
Lesnar/Goldberg
Lesnar/Triple H

The CyNick
12-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Out of those, obviously Bret-Angle, but we know the deal with that one.

Lesnar-Goldberg is inetersting to me, partly to see what they would do with the titles, and if they kept both guys strong, it would be an interesting match from a markish point of view.

Flair-Steamboat interests me because Ive never seen that match live as it happened.

c4g2
12-14-2003, 12:05 PM
I'll like to see Cena vs Rock, but it may not happen because of Rock's opposition to the match...

Ricky
12-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I guess the only problem with an Austin VS Goldberg match is that it would be OBVIOUS that Stone Cold would win. Not that I mind Austin winning, but it would still be too obvious. There is no way Vince McMahon would let WCW's biggest star of the 90's beat WWE's biggest star of the 90's at the WWE's biggest ever event.

I wanna see Undertaker VS Kane too, but that's probably only because I know that Taker will go back to the darkside.

StoneColdStunner
12-14-2003, 01:35 PM
It's a tie between Hogan vs. Savage and Undertaker vs. Kane. :)

:lo :) :y:

StoneColdStunner
12-14-2003, 01:35 PM
It's a tie between Hogan vs. Savage and Undertaker vs. Kane. :)

:) :y:

Mr. JL
12-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Wrestle Mania XX

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar .vs. Chris Benoit

World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg .vs. Rob Van Dam

Stone Cold .vs. Hulk Hogan

Kurt Angle .vs. Bret Hart

The Rock .vs. Sting

Shawn Michaels .vs. Kevin Nash

Undertaker .vs. Kane

Triple H .vs. Mick Foley

Booker T .vs. Scott Steiner

Big Show .vs. John Cena

Ric Flair .vs. Ricky Steamboat

ColdwaVer
12-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Taker vs Kane

wrestling_god
12-14-2003, 02:04 PM
how about jericho vs brock
or jericho vs john cena

Mikey
12-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Angle vs Bret Hart would be a dream match. Its too bad it will never happen :(

Corkscrewed
12-15-2003, 02:02 AM
Austin vs Goldberg

Swiss
04-26-2013, 05:09 PM
1. Lesnar vs. Goldberg
2. Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle
3. Austin vs. McMahon
4. Foley vs. HHH
5. Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Flair
6. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage
7. Austin vs. Goldberg
8. Undertaker vs. Kane

Well the match i would like to see, is Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle...because that's never going to happen :( i think i would go for Lesnar vs. Goldberg because i would like to see what would happen.

How do you feel about that now? How wrong were you, huh?

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I think I just gave the longest neg rep in my tpww history to StoneColdStunner. I hope he sees it and reflects on how stupid he was 10 years ago.

Swiss
04-26-2013, 05:25 PM
I think we should do a feature called "Stupid in hindsight".

VSG
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I think I just gave the longest neg rep in my tpww history to StoneColdStunner. I hope he sees it and reflects on how stupid he was 10 years ago.

:|

Shisen Kopf
04-26-2013, 10:33 PM
This is a good thread. Hopefully stunner will be asking us the same question for WMXXX

Rasslin' Fan 29
04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Hey, he got 2 of 'em right for the show.

Shisen Kopf
04-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Sting vs Undertaker woulda been good

Swiss
04-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Would it have been though? The lead-up to the match most likely would have been horrible. Both men are pretty horrible on the mic.

Rasslin' Fan 29
04-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Probably would've been better than Undertaker-Kane.

Shisen Kopf
04-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Would it have been though? The lead-up to the match most likely would have been horrible. Both men are pretty horrible on the mic.

Blasphemy!

Heisenberg
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM

:rant::rant::rant:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d8270483285b9a5c59dd3f9b16d5736d/tumblr_mlmm2ydLLo1soy2w4o3_250.gif

Rasslin' Fan 29
04-27-2013, 02:28 PM
I really hope we get to see Cena-Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX.

whiteyford
04-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Only cliche ridden zombie 'taker is horrible on the mic, his big evil biker stuff was solid. Sting is alright too when he wants to be.

Swiss
04-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I think the match itself could be okay, I just wonder if it would be as good as people want it to be.

For instance let's say we do Sting/Taker right now. Sting's matches in TNA made me cringe for the most part. You got two old guys in the ring together. Great for nostalgia, but very likely a shitty match unless Taker carries Sting the whole way through.

2003/2004 the kids would have still cared about Sting, but in 2013 they don't know who the fuck he is. He'd have to come in, in amazing shape, and manage not to screw up a heavily produced angle most likely with a dozen promos between the two. It would have to be sold as Legend VS. Legend as well because Sting has no beef with Taker. I guess it could be slightly interesting in that Sting could say the only reason he came to the WWE was because he wanted a shot at Undertaker's streak, but that'd be fairly heelish of him I'd think and Sting sucks as a heel.

Also, which Sting are we talking about vs. which Undertaker are we talking about?

Is it Bladerunner Sting VS. Old Zombie Cowboy Taker or is it Crow Sting VS. Corporate Ministry Taker? TNA Joker Sting VS. American Badass Sting? Which match-up is more interested in the hypothetical scenario where both men are able to produce a high-impact quality match with good psychology?

Undertaker always had good feuds with people who could work the mic. Foley, Rock, HBK, Austin and HHH all managed to bring something different to the game and all managed to make it interesting.

The only way I'd be happy with a Sting/Taker feud would be if it wasn't at Mania and it was a campy throw-back to the 80s/90s. So what I'm saying is we need a three-way at Summerslam between Sting, Undertaker and Robocop.

Heisenberg
04-27-2013, 06:24 PM
The only way I'd be happy with a Sting/Taker feud would be if it wasn't at Mania and it was a campy throw-back to the 80s/90s. So what I'm saying is we need a three-way at Summerslam between Sting, Undertaker and Robocop.

Book dat sumbitch right now!

Swiss
04-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I have no interest in seeing Cena VS. Undertaker next Mania though. I don't want to see Cena beat Taker and I don't want to see Cena lose another match at Mania.

There's a short list of people it would be worth seeing in the ring with Undertaker next Mania:

Lesnar w/Heyman
Ziggler

That's it. Maybe another Randy Orton dominant heel run could work as well, but he'd have take out Taker for the rest of the year to make it worth-while.

whiteyford
04-28-2013, 11:22 AM
A 'Taker - Sting match would be 90% nostalgia and crowd buzz more than anything. Building up Sting wouldn't be a problem though, they own the rights to pretty much everything he's ever done up to him joining TNA and they could easily hype him up with a few video packages and debut him in a city that would react well to generate the interest.

They should do a WCW one night stand type PPV/Special though, give Lodi his main event dream.

Swiss
04-28-2013, 03:29 PM
I think a Jericho VS. Undertaker WM would be great. It would have to feature HBK however and his obsession with outdoing him.