PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - An Idea regarding Matt Hardy, Lance Storm, Test, and Pal Penis

Heyman
03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
DISCUSSION - An Idea regarding Matt Hardy, Lance Storm, Test, and Pal Penis

So........it's fairly certain that Storm/Venis will JOB to the Dudleys on Heat right? I got an idea:

After the match, Heyman's music hits. He then announces that he's made a deal with Bischoff. The 4 aforementioned will men will have a fatal four way match. The winner of the match, gets to go to Smackdown and receive 'prefererrential treatment' from Heyman (i.e. the winner of this match will go to Smackdown and become a decent mid-card heel).

One of these 4 men (I'd make it Test) wins the match and as result, heads back to Smackdown.

Test becomes a decent mid-card heel, and helps put over John Cena eventually.

Heyman
03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
This match also serves to put all 4 men in Wrestlemania matches. Could be a decent filler match.

PureHatred
03-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Why Test? Is he on the "Big-Show-Let's-Continue-To-Push-Him-No-Matter-How-Many-Times-it-Fails" Program? And wouldn't he have to go on a Goldberg-esque winning streak before anybody thought that John Cena beating him was any kind of a big deal?

And didn't the WWE just do a big story to get Mat Hardy to Raw?

This whole idea confuses me. If you want to get midcarders to switch shows, why not just have Paul Heyman take them on Colorado Buffaloes recruiting trip (saying they're 'free agents') --alcohol, parties, and a gaggle of strippers. Topical and entertaining.

Fox
03-03-2004, 09:44 PM
A decent idea, but Paul Heyman making a WrestleMania match out of RAW superstars? Why wouldn't Eric Bischoff be pissed off about this? Plus is labels them as loser jobbers, and even though that's what they are, it hurts whatever credibility they have left.

To get them on the WrestleMania card, I think a good idea would be to have these four guys come out on RAW Monday night, Hardy says that the reason he's had such a bad losing streak lately is because the superstars on RAW all suck, and he underestimates them before his matches. Therefore, he challenges any 4 Smackdown superstars to a 4-on-4 elimination tag match at Mania. Then on Thursday, have four other under utilized guys answer the challenge.

Mister Sinister
03-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Which turns out to be a team lead by Shannon Moore!

MVP
03-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Why Test? Is he on the "Big-Show-Let's-Continue-To-Push-Him-No-Matter-How-Many-Times-it-Fails" Program? And wouldn't he have to go on a Goldberg-esque winning streak before anybody thought that John Cena beating him was any kind of a big deal?

And didn't the WWE just do a big story to get Mat Hardy to Raw?

This whole idea confuses me. If you want to get midcarders to switch shows, why not just have Paul Heyman take them on Colorado Buffaloes recruiting trip (saying they're 'free agents') --alcohol, parties, and a gaggle of strippers. Topical and entertaining.Big Show's recent push did not fail, it's given his heel character much more credibility than it ever has.

Anyways, Smackdown is in need of midcard heels, and Test is a formidable competetor. He's been with WWE for a long time, and I think that long-time fans are loyal to him. Test could cut a promo where he denounces hip hop and starts up a U.S. Title feud with John Cena.

Or even better, instead of Test, Smackdown takes Lance Storm. :cool:

BasicThuganomics
03-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah Heyman, another bad idea. Lance Storm would rule on Smackdown, not Test. Although even Lance on SD wouldn't be a gauranteed push probably. He would probably still be a jobber so nevermind...

Your idea basically consists of them being built up for a short period of time, and then being fed to Cena, afterwards they would no doubt be a jobber afterwards. So what is the point of it?

But none of the guys you mentioned would do much to help elevate a guy who is already over like John Cena.

and as mentioned before, Heyman making matches for RAW guys? Bad idea, plus storyline wise, Bischoff wouldn't go for it.

There doesn't need to be any special storylines for these guys. Either the WWE will use them and decide to push them, or they won't. Its as simple as that.

Heyman
03-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah Heyman, another bad idea. Lance Storm would rule on Smackdown, not Test. Although even Lance on SD wouldn't be a gauranteed push probably. He would probably still be a jobber so nevermind...

All 4 of the men that I mentioned could become viable contenders for the US title on Smackdown.

Your idea basically consists of them being built up for a short period of time, and then being fed to Cena, afterwards they would no doubt be a jobber afterwards. So what is the point of it?

The point, is that Cena needs to be fed before his inevitable main-event push comes along. For the next half year or so - Cena will probably stay US Champ (or in constant contention for it). Outside of Big Show, who else does Cena have to fight right now as US Champ?

Sean O'Haire needs to be developed more. A-Train is a homosexual, and should never be anywhere near the US division. Matt Morgan is ok. If Hass/Benjamin leave the tag team ranks, they could be ok. Rikishi is a face....as is Bradshaw. Rhyno has been buried. Tajiri, Noble, Mysterio, Kidman, etc. are all Cruiserweights. Billy Gunn sucks dick. Pulumbo could be built up I guess.

Nonetheless - Cena needs a semi-decent opponent to work with.....and is over to some degree. The WWE could easily capitalize on a push of a wrestler if he goes to a new show (and becomes one of 'Heyman's boys'). Maybe it doesn't have to be Test........Storm would be cool as well.

But none of the guys you mentioned would do much to help elevate a guy who is already over like John Cena.

Then I say put Cena on Raw. <font color=black>imonlykidding</font>

and as mentioned before, Heyman making matches for RAW guys? Bad idea, plus storyline wise, Bischoff wouldn't go for it.

No - If I read my post, I said that Heyman and Bischoff could maybe come to an agreement (perhaps in regards to Edge going to Raw).

There doesn't need to be any special storylines for these guys. Either the WWE will use them and decide to push them, or they won't. Its as simple as that.

I think all 4 of these guys can be further maximized. I also believe that any one of these guys would be better on the other show.

BasicThuganomics
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
All 4 of the men that I mentioned could become viable contenders for the US title on Smackdown.
The point, is that Cena needs to be fed before his inevitable main-event push comes along. For the next half year or so - Cena will probably stay US Champ (or in constant contention for it). Outside of Big Show, who else does Cena have to fight right now as US Champ?
Sean O'Haire needs to be developed more. A-Train is a homosexual, and should never be anywhere near the US division. Matt Morgan is ok. If Hass/Benjamin leave the tag team ranks, they could be ok. Rikishi is a face....as is Bradshaw. Rhyno has been buried. Tajiri, Noble, Mysterio, Kidman, etc. are all Cruiserweights. Billy Gunn sucks dick. Pulumbo could be built up I guess.
Nonetheless - Cena needs a semi-decent opponent to work with.....and is over to some degree. The WWE could easily capitalize on a push of a wrestler if he goes to a new show (and becomes one of 'Heyman's boys'). Maybe it doesn't have to be Test........Storm would be cool as well.
Then I say put Cena on Raw. <font color=black>imonlykidding</font>
No - If I read my post, I said that Heyman and Bischoff could maybe come to an agreement (perhaps in regards to Edge going to Raw).
I think all 4 of these guys can be further maximized. I also believe that any one of these guys would be better on the other show.

Heyman, my main point is that no matter what show these guys are on it won't matter if they aren't given the proper push. Vince can just as easily not give a shit about a guy who is on Smackdown as he can not give a shit about a guy who is on RAW.

yeah i know you're joking about Cena to RAW but still :foc:

My point is just that roster changes aren't necessary in order to get certain guys over. The WWE will either push them or they won't.

And I think that Cena will be fine where he is. I think the he will be used in the main event scene while he is carrying the US title, sorta like the Big Show is right now (only I hope that Cena actually defends the Title more often and makes it look good)
Cena doesn't need to be brought down to midcard level while holding the title. He can stay about where he is right now and be fine for awhile IMO. He isn't ready to actually be a main eventer yet, but I think that he has shown he is a capable of staying near the top of the card.

Heyman
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
And I think that Cena will be fine where he is. I think the he will be used in the main event scene while he is carrying the US title, sorta like the Big Show is right now (only I hope that Cena actually defends the Title more often and makes it look good)
Cena doesn't need to be brought down to midcard level while holding the title. He can stay about where he is right now and be fine for awhile IMO. He isn't ready to actually be a main eventer yet, but I think that he has shown he is a capable of staying near the top of the card.

This would be ideal. Good thought. :y:

I'd still like to see Matt Hardy, Storm, Venis, and Test be used in some shape or form at Wrestlemania. Hell - if Miss Jackie is getting WM time, then certainly these 4 deserve some time. It doesn't even have to be for "who gets to go to SD and be Heyman's lackey".

If WM is being booked as a 4-5 hour show, I think something like this would be a decent filler match.

The Show Off
03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Personally if I were to do a match like that (which as people had said before would kinda hurt credibility issues) I'd have to put Lance Storm going to Smackdown, I think Lance Storm would be hugh on Smackdown a feud between him and any good mic worker, John Cena, would be golden. Plus if they have a problem with mid-card heels on Smackdown they really should bring Edge back as a mid card heel. Basically give him a storyline where he's pissed about losing a year of his life so he takes it out on everyone.