PDA

View Full Version : Remember how I said that TNA completed every WCW mistake but one...

JT
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
...well they're near finishing that last one off...

From PWinsider.com:

- TNA is currently in talks with former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette about joining the promotion. Arquette is suddenly interested in joining TNA. He called Jonny Fairplay, who has nothing to do with TNA these days, and asked him if Fairplay could be his manager. However, Fairplay isn't really interested in doing anything with pro wrestling these days because he has other things on the table.

Also note that he won the World title in a Tag Team jeopardy match...the same one scheduled for the next PPV. Congratulations TNA, your the new WCW. :nono: :y:

BigDaddyCool
10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
They still haven't giving Hogan complete creative control, have they?

JT
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
They still haven't giving Hogan complete creative control, have they?

Yea, but he's skinnier now and has hair.

He also renamed himself Jeff Jarret.

Xero
10-17-2007, 03:23 PM
:rofl:

Mr. JL
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Un-fucking-believeable

Destor
10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
What

Xero
10-17-2007, 04:05 PM
What

Destor
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
No

Destor
10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
What

Innovator
10-17-2007, 04:09 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
That's gotta be fake. Nobody in their right mind would...

...Oh, right. TNA.

FourFifty
10-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I believe I speak for all the Kennedy Marks (myself and SammyG) when I say this.

......KENNEDY!!!

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Any good that could come out of this (like Arquette apologising for WCW, and/or getting his ass kicked by a female wrestler) is completely overshadowed by the fact that TNA would need to pay for his services. Why spend money on the guy?

Oh, right, to make him a World Champion.

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I believe I speak for all the Kennedy Marks (myself and SammyG) when I say this.

......KENNEDY!!!

All the Kennedy fans on the baord, and you choose that retard to lump yourself in with?

:nono:

IC Champion
10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
And Kennedy is nothing special anyways, certainly not enough to be radomly brought up during threads.

KingofOldSchool
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
And Kennedy is nothing special anyways, certainly not enough to be radomly brought up during threads.

KENNEDY!

JOHN..F...KEEENNNEEEDDDDYYY!

IC Champion
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
BOBBY!

KENNEDY!!!

IC Champion
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!!

IC Champion
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
But seriously, Kennedy is overrated.

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
But seriously, Kennedy is overrated.

As is just about anyone else you can name.

Innovator
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
TEDDY KENNEDY

ERR UH KENNEDY

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I drink, and I drive...I'm the only one in my car who gets out alive...TED KENNEDY!

[/Dennis Leary]

The One
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I just realized there isn't a Kennedy that I actually like...Maria Shriver is about as close as I can come to not wanting to kick one of them in the face.

The One
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
EDIT: Double post...

KingofOldSchool
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
As is just about anyone else you can name.

Even Khali?

St. Jimmy
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
PAC MANNNNNNNNNNN JONESSSSSS

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Overrated is overrated. Seriously, everything has flaws, so liking anything is in itself overrating it, if you want to look at its faults. Can't a guy just be good, even if he's not perfect?

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Even Khali?

The fact that even one person on here was actually talking good about him indicates that yes, he was massively overrated.

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Overrated is overrated. Seriously, everything has flaws, so liking anything is in itself overrating it, if you want to look at its faults. Can't a guy just be good, even if he's not perfect?

No, Alienoid, it's actually possible to like something without overrating it. Liking something does not preclude admitting to, acknowledging, or even disliking flaws.

Well, it's possible for some people.

The One
10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
No, Alienoid, it's actually possible to like something without overrating it. Liking something does not preclude admitting to, acknowledging, or even disliking flaws.

Batista dancing = Good

Batista doing anything else = Bad

See what I did there Noid?

IC Champion
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but I want to know how Kennedy is good?

Jeritron
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">We all like professional wrestling. We all hate and criticize everything about it, thats why this place exists.

So that pretty much proves KK's evaluation of Alienoid dealing in absolutes.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Innovator
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Only a Sith deals in absolutes

KingofOldSchool
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM

He can say his name.

Twice.

Jeritron
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
He can miss the boat on the push of the year

Thrice.

Fox
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
God I hate Vince Russo.

Kane Knight
10-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Batista dancing = Good

Batista doing anything else = Bad

See what I did there Noid?

It sounded like you illustrated a thought process that contains both depth and realism.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2007, 07:48 AM

No, someone does that and a guy is still apparently overrated.

People seriously misuse the term overrated on here.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2007, 07:50 AM

He carried Batista to a good match. The guy has great psychology, is able to cut a promo (yes, he can do more than say his name), and he's got an aura about him. He may not be brilliant, but he's got a lot going for him.

Mister Sinister
10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Kane Knight seriously misuses everything on here.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2007, 07:51 AM
"I like Mr. Kennedy."

"zOMG! his overrated, kk?!?!?!"

Destor
10-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Having a fan base = over rated on TPWW

Duh

Mister Sinister
10-18-2007, 07:58 AM
I Like Destor, there for he has an fan?

KK: DESTOR IS OVERRATED!!!!!!

DESTOR!

The MAC
10-18-2007, 08:02 AM
i just watched never been kissed and seen david and i wished he would wrestle again...

Mister Sinister
10-18-2007, 08:06 AM
i just watched never been kissed and seen david and i wished he would wrestle again...

Russo? Is That You Russp?

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 09:57 AM
No, someone does that and a guy is still apparently overrated.

As many people might like a midcarder, it only takes on rabid fanboy slobbering over his jock to make him overrated. That doesn't mean it works the other way around, sorry.

Fact is, you're misusing the term, quite frankly, because you fail to understand its meaning, most likely.

It's okay. You don't understand a lot of things. You often put words into other peoples' mouths because you cannot understand the nuances of intelligent thought. You've done it recently with both IC and myself, and not even on particularly difficult sentiments. We get it. You're not that bright, and now you're clinging to strawmen in this argument to mask it.

Shadow
10-18-2007, 11:37 PM
I guess Vince is trying out the stupid ideas to see if they work. GUESS WHAT! THEY DON'T!

St. Jimmy
10-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Arquette was overrated.

Corkscrewed
10-19-2007, 02:42 AM
My brother saw TNA for the first time last week, cuz he's in college now, and he told me it was sooooooooooo stupid.

And consider him a casual wrestling fan. I think basically, TNA is like the bungling democrats who can take advantage of republican crappiness.

Dave Youell
10-19-2007, 03:01 AM
God I hate Vince Russo.
Now this annoys me

It's been said loads of times for over a year that Russo, whilst on the booking committee does not have overall control.

Jeff Jarrett runs the booking with Dutch Mantel and Russo, form what I know Russo has about 10% of the input and it would have to be given the ok from Jarrett before anything gets on TV. Russo's main job is to take all of the ideas for the next show and fit them into the time slots they have for TV.

Even if this was Russo's idea to bring Arquette, it's Jarrett who has to give it the ok, so that means he would have to think it would work as well.

--

As for Arquette, bring him in as a heel, he'd get super heat, pretty much any fan with a PC hates him 8 years on.

darkpower
10-19-2007, 03:15 AM
As many people might like a midcarder, it only takes on rabid fanboy slobbering over his jock to make him overrated. That doesn't mean it works the other way around, sorry.

Fact is, you're misusing the term, quite frankly, because you fail to understand its meaning, most likely.

It's okay. You don't understand a lot of things. You often put words into other peoples' mouths because you cannot understand the nuances of intelligent thought. You've done it recently with both IC and myself, and not even on particularly difficult sentiments. We get it. You're not that bright, and now you're clinging to strawmen in this argument to mask it.

We like a person until he gets SO popular that we cannot stand anyone liking them (i.e. they catch on with casual fans and the WWE or the wrestler ends up thinking they can become more lazy because people will like them anyway, and then become overrated).

Take John Cena, for instance. I'm sure many of us, when he first appeared in the WWE, took as fact that he had some damn good matches and could put ON some damn good matches (don't ask WHY I seperated those two things). For a while when he became face, there was still some good things coming out of that. But once the girlie fan base came out that just wanted to see him just because, that was it. And then the WWE said "oh, pull off up to six moves a match because we can sell you anyway", or something like that, and it was over. Even though I enjoy that Cena can just about do ten things at once for the WWE and never complain about shit, people (us) were tired of him as champ (me included). Not saying that he can't be a good wrestler, but, in the minds of many, too many people jumped on the Cena bandwagon, and it has been crumbling under its own weight.

Same thing here, but thankfully, it hasn't crumbled yet. Alot of people are starting to catch onto Kennedy. Sure, he's no Kurt Angle or Bret Hart in the ring, but he can make us enjoy him with the moves that he DOES (there are very few, if any, wrestlers his size that I know of that can hit a senton bomb), and he has the ability to make us forget (or not care) what skill that he can lack at times. His mic skills are just outstanding, and he can draw much heat (or much pops, depending on where on that face/heel spectrum you think he is now). I still think his heel shtick has run dry, though, and why they INSIST he stay heel is beyond me (I haven't watched raw recently, so I'm unsure if he's still heel, I'm assuming he is). Turn him face, let him become this cocky anti-hero that people can get behind because he's not stereotypical, and cut him loose on the mic. I swear to you that, assuming the WWE doesn't fuck up a face Kennedy like they did a face Cena (and THAT'S a strawman if you can ever claim something to be), then you might get one of the people that can really turn your company around.

But yeah, Kennedy isn't overrated, I don't think. The WWE just needs to change his character a bit and TURN HIM FACE!!

There, I'm done.

darkpower
10-19-2007, 03:15 AM
By the way, TNA, I really do hope you like being bought by VKM soon, because I think that's your next step if you really turn this David Arquette thing loose like WCW did.

Dave Youell
10-19-2007, 03:24 AM
By the way, TNA, I really do hope you like being bought by VKM soon, because I think that's your next step if you really turn this David Arquette thing loose like WCW did.
The James Gang are going to buy TNA?

Shadow
10-19-2007, 03:32 AM

How do you get bought out by someone who already owns you?

darkpower
10-19-2007, 03:39 AM
The James Gang are going to buy TNA?

That WOULD be interesting.

darkpower
10-19-2007, 03:39 AM
How do you get bought out by someone who already owns you?

Yeah, good point.

Destor
10-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, good point.:roll:

Kane Knight
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
We like a person until he gets SO popular that we cannot stand anyone liking them (i.e. they catch on with casual fans and the WWE or the wrestler ends up thinking they can become more lazy because people will like them anyway, and then become overrated).

Take John Cena, for instance. I'm sure many of us, when he first appeared in the WWE, took as fact that he had some damn good matches and could put ON some damn good matches (don't ask WHY I seperated those two things). For a while when he became face, there was still some good things coming out of that. But once the girlie fan base came out that just wanted to see him just because, that was it. And then the WWE said "oh, pull off up to six moves a match because we can sell you anyway", or something like that, and it was over. Even though I enjoy that Cena can just about do ten things at once for the WWE and never complain about shit, people (us) were tired of him as champ (me included). Not saying that he can't be a good wrestler, but, in the minds of many, too many people jumped on the Cena bandwagon, and it has been crumbling under its own weight.

Same thing here, but thankfully, it hasn't crumbled yet. Alot of people are starting to catch onto Kennedy. Sure, he's no Kurt Angle or Bret Hart in the ring, but he can make us enjoy him with the moves that he DOES (there are very few, if any, wrestlers his size that I know of that can hit a senton bomb), and he has the ability to make us forget (or not care) what skill that he can lack at times. His mic skills are just outstanding, and he can draw much heat (or much pops, depending on where on that face/heel spectrum you think he is now). I still think his heel shtick has run dry, though, and why they INSIST he stay heel is beyond me (I haven't watched raw recently, so I'm unsure if he's still heel, I'm assuming he is). Turn him face, let him become this cocky anti-hero that people can get behind because he's not stereotypical, and cut him loose on the mic. I swear to you that, assuming the WWE doesn't fuck up a face Kennedy like they did a face Cena (and THAT'S a strawman if you can ever claim something to be), then you might get one of the people that can really turn your company around.

But yeah, Kennedy isn't overrated, I don't think. The WWE just needs to change his character a bit and TURN HIM FACE!!

There, I'm done.

Cena, I'd argue is underrated.

Half the IWC is making him out to be the death of wrestling, which is sem-fair, given the damage WWE's taken because people are booing the babyface, but it's over the top. People treat him as though he's the worst wrestler ever, or damned close.

Cena's got a lot of talent. Do I want to see him on my screen right now? Fuck no. Cena's continued dominance up to his injury is a symptom of the problem with wrestling right now. Cena is not a bad wrestler, he's just in a position where people are naturally going to say he sucks. In fact, I'd compare his babyface shtick over the last couple years with Angle's debut, which was intended to be a face appearance.

...Except it didn't go over well with the fans.

But I digress.

It's very hard to find an internet favorite who isn't, in some way, overrated. Pretty much anyone short of Michaels will fall short of expectations, especially when on WWE TV. Ken Kennedy is part of a litany of pro wrestlers who are hyped simply for having a catch phrase.

Thing is, this is pro wrestling. The retards complaining that Kennedy is overrated were marking out for the "amazing" mic skills of ALEJANDRRRRRRRROOOO ENRRRRRRRIQUE INGLAAAAAASIS ESTRRRRRRRADAAAAAAAAAAA, or the New Age Outlaws, or any of a dozen other people who got over for only being able to stay their names....

So it comes down to the poit of, "So fucking what?"

The Optimist
10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
There's always going to be someone willing to sound like an idiot for some wrestler, or gimmick or team or move. I would call it overrating something because they're not actually rating it in a serious fashion, they're just being an idiot.

Kane Knight
10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
There's always going to be someone willing to sound like an idiot for some wrestler, or gimmick or team or move. I would call it overrating something because they're not actually rating it in a serious fashion, they're just being an idiot.

That's awful revisionist.

Shaggy
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
If this happens then I cant wait to go see...

Ready To Rumble 2: Total Nonstop Action