PDA

View Full Version : ECW is on life line.

Destor
10-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Beginning this Wednesday, our fans can now relive the action of ECW on Sci Fi in a single, uninterrupted video stream right here on WWE.com. Not just that, but you, the fans, will also have the opportunity to name this brand-new feature!

For the first time ever, fans can watch Tuesday night’s ECW in its entirety each week from the comfort of their computer. In celebration of this unprecedented event for WWE programming, you are invited to come up with its name. Submit your ideas and WWE.com will choose the top five entries. After that, you get the final say by voting for which of the top five should be the title for this groundbreaking Web feature.

Also, this unique platform will be your opportunity to see the exclusive footage WWE Mobile on AT&T subscribers see first. Catch the After the Bell exclusive video as part of the ECW on WWE.com full stream every Wednesday.

Miss some of the action Tuesday night on Sci Fi Channel? Want to see an incredible moment one more time? Want to participate in this extraordinary experience? Check back with WWE.com this Wednesday and be a part of history.Preparing for an existence without Sci-Fi maybe? Even subtly dropping the ECW name no less. Yeah, it's coming. Say goodbye to ECW folks.

BigDaddyCool
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Well ECW only CM Punk as a named star, and every week it is the same match ups, is it any suprise it is getting shitty rating?

crock69
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Its amazing though that those shitty ratings are better than TNA.

St. Jimmy
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
LOL, read this as 'ECW on lifetime'. WWE goes from Spike to Lifetime? GOOD SHIT.

Destor
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Velocity 2.0, that's what I submitted.

Stickman
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
ECW died a long time ago.

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
LOL, read this as 'ECW on lifetime'. WWE goes from Spike to Lifetime? GOOD SHIT.

Wasn't life line that old sex talk show? I was picturing Edge going on TV and asking about the rash he'd gotten.

BigDaddyCool
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
But seriously, ECW have been needing more guy forever now.

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh, shit. Love line. My mistake.

Shaggy
10-18-2007, 05:59 PM

:yes:

Crossrine
10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Half of me is happy this new WWECW is dying but the other half is dissapointed that they could never resurrect the real ECW. This thing was destined to die when Paul Heyman was- well you know..

BigDaddyCool
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I makes me sad that it is dying because after RVD quit, they stopped trying with ECW.

Right now ECW has a problem no other televised wrestling show has, not bad booking, but instead no enough wrestlers. It is like have a good cook, but all he has to work with is eggs, salt and pepper. You can cook the eggs sunny side up, over easy, scrabbled, hardboiled, soft boiler, omlette, occasionally they find some lemons and make lemon curd (a custard), occasinally they find some sugar and make angle foodcake. But in the end, it is mostly just cooked eggs, and no matter how many different ways you can prepare them, eggs every meal are eggs. That being said, you have 13 wrestlers on ECW, and usually only 7 of them are featured heavily, but one is used as a manager. ECW would be a lot better if they had 18 wrestlers to swap around. And they should all be the same size and ranking, execpt BDV. He should be the only monster. Everyone else should be about the same size, like they are currently.

FourFifty
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM

The One
10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I think I'm going to submit "Dead Air" as my name suggestion, since it pulls in about the same ratings as actual dead air time...

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
It's true. Infomercials score better than ECW.

Jeritron
10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
just another reason to end brand extension. The shows are struggling, ppvs are all merged anyways, theres too many titles, not enough stars. It made sense in 2002, it doesn't anymore. End it.

^talking to myself, but it feels good to vent.

The One
10-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with Jeritron, except when he said it made sense in 2002. It never made sense. It was always fucking stupid. The entire argument for it wa people like Sean O'Haire would get more air time or something...yeah...who could have guessed that wouldn't work out. :roll:

Kane Knight
10-18-2007, 11:34 PM
What's funny is how many people said you'd have Triple H dominate onebrand and Taker dominate the other.

Thank God they were wrong.

Jeritron
10-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Well it never worked out thats for damn sure. And I guess whether it made sense is arguable, they went about things all wrong from the get go. The amount of talent was grounds for 2 seperate brands, but since they never utilized it (and probably never intended to) it was indeed fucking stupid.

Tommy Gunn
10-23-2007, 04:00 AM
Being from the UK, it wouldn't let me watch ECW online. *shakes fist*

Gerard
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Would have been better if they just kept it as a once a year ppv using original ecw wrestlers like the way the original ONS was set up. Not suprising with it being a weekly show that now requires story writers that its dieing a death.

TerranRich
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
...and make angle foodcake.

"Oh, it's tasty! It's DAMN tasty!!"

Kane Knight
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
"Oh, it's tasty! It's DAMN tasty!!"

I won the Betty Crocker cookoff with a broken FREAKIN' oven!