PDA

View Full Version : Interesting theory on the Save_Us.222 thing...

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2007, 03:07 AM
This is not my theory, it's completely stolen from a writer on 411Mania.com, but they suggested that if for whatever reason, it's not Jericho (and it will be), then it might be referring to something involving CM Punk.

Apparently a link to the video appears in one of CM Punk's interviews on WWE.com. During that interview, he makes reference to Ace Steel, who trained Punk to wrestle. Of course, alongside Colt Cabana, CM Punk and Ace Steel were The Second City Saints. What do saints do? Saving isn't a bad explanation. Also, the 222 thing fits, with the whole "Second" thing.

I doubt it's what the WWE actually intends, but it's a nice red herring if you look for it. Of course, there is also that "229" thing. I don't know how that fits, but still, I doubt everything in the videos will fit anyway.

So yeah, how awesome would it be if CM Punk, Colt Cabana & Ace Steel tried to save the WWE with a Boondock Saints type gimmick?

ddpBANG
10-21-2007, 03:25 AM
A link appears in almost everything written on WWE.com since this whole Save_Us thing began.

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
You know, a link appears in almost everything written on WWE.com, and has since this whole SAVE_US thing began.

A link appears in almost everything written on WWE.com since this whole Save_Us thing began.

D'OH!

Anyway, it's an interesting theory, until you realise that it hinges entirely on a really faulty premise that anyone who did a little research could have precluded. Even just a little.

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Just sit back and watch WWE fuck this up. It will probably just be the Goobly Gooker again.

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 10:22 AM
It's gonna be the corpse of Nancy Benoit.

St. Jimmy
10-21-2007, 10:25 AM
If it doesn't deal with Kennedy, Jericho, Triple H or some type of Boogen, it's a waste of airtime.

What is this "new" talent crap. C'mon. GTFO.

RP
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM

yah

BigDaddyCool
10-21-2007, 11:26 AM
If it doesn't deal with <s>Kennedy, Jericho, Triple H or</s> some type of Boogen, it's a waste of airtime.

What is this "new" talent crap. C'mon. GTFO.

The Naitch
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
What's more intriguing and entertaining will be watching WWE screw this up

Nark Order
10-21-2007, 02:59 PM

More likely to be Chris. He did, in fact, kill TWO of his family members.

Kenny
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I read on Wrestleview.com a few weeks back that in the back of WWE Magazine there was a "Chris Jericho Return Quiz" with the question, "What did Jericho say when he first entered the WWE?"

Obviously, it's a referance to him coming to save the WWE.

Either it is Jericho, or the WWE is playing on the hype of it being Jericho. If it's not, the WWE is really digging a hole for itself by leading people to believe it is Jericho.

Crossrine
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
But if it's not Jericho who the fuck is it going to be? If it's a new wrestler they better be the best thing OVW has ever had to offer. Then again if it's not a wrestler, what the hell is it?

St. Jimmy
10-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Spoilers:

It's Nigel Mcguinness.

St. Jimmy
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.justanotherfangirl.com/nm/posed/1.jpg

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
But if it's not Jericho who the fuck is it going to be? If it's a new wrestler they better be the best thing OVW has ever had to offer. Then again if it's not a wrestler, what the hell is it?

Nothing's going to live up to the hype, but it's not really WWE's fault. With little evidence, the IWC jumped on it being Jericho (Or Michaels, because the two are so damn similar), and nothing will dissuade them. They even MADE UP evidence, added in words in the videos, created false "trivia" that could relate Jericho to the videos.

People read too damn much into this, and if it's not Jericho, and the letdown is there, for once it is not WWE's fault.

Crossrine
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
It seems like the only logical conclusion to these promos

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
And yet, there was an incredibly strong argument for Michaels, for Cyber Sunday, etc.

The fact is, it's not a logical conclusion, it's a convenient one, a combination of tenuous facts and wishful thinking. I'm not saying that there's no way that it's Jericho, but it's a conclusion that's not been arrived upon by logic or anything close.

FourFifty
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
The logical thing would be Jericho, however let's be real- WWE and Logic tend to mix like oil and water.

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Jericho's only marginally more logical than about 80% of reasonable names (Since Krispy will probably tard out and scream about how Shannon Moore isn't logical) you could come up with.

Gerard
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
It'll probably be the big long awaited return of GTV which will then disappear after a month with no explaination. :?:

The Naitch
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
It will be the return of John "Save Us" Cena the Prototype

FourFifty
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Fuck You, 'nuff said.

Kane Knight
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM

That's brilliant.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2007, 03:21 AM
And yet, there was an incredibly strong argument for Michaels, for Cyber Sunday, etc.

The fact is, it's not a logical conclusion, it's a convenient one, a combination of tenuous facts and wishful thinking. I'm not saying that there's no way that it's Jericho, but it's a conclusion that's not been arrived upon by logic or anything close.

Some people have been trying to stick Jericho references to the random little phrases in the video, but I think the "222" and the Bible reference actually naming "Jericho" was a pretty good indicator.

The whole cybernetic/saviour thing all connects, too. I can't really see it being anyone else. However, I must say that I will mark out if it is Johnny Jeter. Come on, Johnny Jeter coming out and telling us he'll save us without anyone having a clue who he is would be greatness. Then Jericho can interrupt him, slap him around a bit, and make him his appentice in the way of Jerichoism.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2007, 03:22 AM
However, if it doesn turn out to be CM Punk, Colt Cabana and Ace Steel, for whatever reason, it will be great. Some may be let down because Punk, Cabana and Steel are from the indies, and hence "must be shit," but they would make a great heel unit for the WWE. With ECW likely coming to an end soon, finding them a place on one of the main two brands (probably RAW) would be a great idea.

Kenny
10-22-2007, 03:58 AM
Some people have been trying to stick Jericho references to the random little phrases in the video, but I think the "222" and the Bible reference actually naming "Jericho" was a pretty good indicator.

The original meaning of the name Joshua is "Yahweh saves," and it's in Joshua 2:2 that the king of Jericho is mentioned. So that's a possibility. If this is the case, the only possible explaination for the third 2 is that it was added to make it look like a legit file name. Joshua 2:22 / 22:2 does not mention Jericho.

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2007, 04:46 AM
The original meaning of the name Joshua is "Yahweh saves," and it's in Joshua 2:2 that the king of Jericho is mentioned. So that's a possibility. If this is the case, the only possible explaination for the third 2 is that it was added to make it look like a legit file name. Joshua 2:22 / 22:2 does not mention Jericho.

I personally have no clue. I have just been following what other people have been mentioning. I don't think it was the book of Joshua, though. It might have been Revelations? I'm not sure.

Kenny
10-22-2007, 04:51 AM
I personally have no clue. I have just been following what other people have been mentioning. I don't think it was the book of Joshua, though. It might have been Revelations? I'm not sure.

I did a search for the word Jericho on E-Sword (Computer Bible) and no other verses with any combination of 2's came up.

The sad thing is, whoever these promos are about will probably pull out and the WWE will pretend like nothing ever happened. *cough* G-TV

Mr. Nerfect
10-22-2007, 04:54 AM
I did a search for the word Jericho on E-Sword (Computer Bible) and no other verses with any combination of 2's came up.

The sad thing is, whoever these promos are about will probably pull out and the WWE will pretend like nothing ever happened. *cough* G-TV

Ah, well maybe it was the Joshua verse you are talking about.

I have more faith in the WWE than to completely forget about this, but fuck it up? Yes. Definitely.

Pepsi Man
10-22-2007, 07:19 AM
rofl @ all the people that can't see it being anyone else at all. I mean, honestly, it could be Jericho, but I will not be in the least bit surprised at it being anyone else (well, not surprised that it's not Jericho anyway, if that makes any sense). If Jericho comes back as part of this, great; if not, it's not really a shocker at all.

Did you try "Jerico"?

Theo Dious
10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Some may be let down because Punk, Cabana and Steel are from the indies, and hence have been built up among the IWC as gods and saviors, and thusly hyped to levels that nobody could ever hope to live up to, so the people who built them up that way will cry for years about how nobody respects them like they deserve and WWE is holding them back.

Fixed.

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM

See, and there's the problem.

You've been had, 'Noid.

You're going off what other people tell you, and several of the "clues" are completely, utterly, and 100% fake. I threw in some redundancy there, since you spend a lot of time asking what I'm trying to say when I otherwise feel I was incredibly explicit.

This is why people (Crossrine, I'm looking at you) were so damned sure that JEricho was debuting at No Mercy, because made up signs pointed to it.

Now, people are firmly cleaving to the "I don't know who else it could be" based on the same "obvious" information that was wrong twice already.

If it is Jericho, and I do hope it is, really, it'll be despite the predictions, not because they were right. They lost all credibility after No Mercy came.

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
rofl @ all the people that can't see it being anyone else at all. I mean, honestly, it could be Jericho, but I will not be in the least bit surprised at it being anyone else (well, not surprised that it's not Jericho anyway, if that makes any sense). If Jericho comes back as part of this, great; if not, it's not really a shocker at all.

Thank you.

It's really not that hard to see it being someone who's not Jericho. IT really isn't, but you have to look past wishful thinking and then reason it yourself.

Also, DT is right.

DAMN iNATOR
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM

The Joshua 2:2 thing was something Boone “reported” on; there has been two verses cited IN THE PROMOS that were specifically from Revelations:

Rev. 22:12: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (K.J.V.)
Rev. 2:25: “But that which ye have already, hold fast till I come.” (K.J.V.)So neither of those two point to anyone I've ever heard of in WWE. It may be Jericho, and it may not. We’ll just have to wait until Vince gets tired of playing head games with the fans and IWC to wait and see whether it's Jericho, or crap...

Innovator
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Why would this be the 2nd City Saints?....thats some serious reaching

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Why would this be the 2nd City Saints?....thats some serious reaching

I took that to be the point.

DAMN iNATOR
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I took that to be the point.

Then you missed it, cuz the point was...

BLAHBLAHBLAH*YAWN*...(fall asleep 2 seconds after topic opens on-screen)

Just so ya know...Not like it's people on some message board speculating about something they've seen on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and several Pay-Per-Views apart or anything...

:shifty:

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM

LOL. apparently, RP found this one tasteless. :D

Kenny
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Well... after seeing the Bible verses from the Book of Revelation I think I know who it is.

These verses are clearly refering to Jesus Christ.

Therefore,

The promos are advertising the WWE Debut of the guy who cleans the ring for Vince Russo's "Ring of Glory" promotion!

Inadequacy
10-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Mordecai :shifty:

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Jesus is coming...

...And Carlito will join up with him again.

Maybe Christian's jumping ship.

Stickman
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
When will this damn thing be revealed? I wanna know so I can know when to actually watch Raw.

DAMN iNATOR
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Mordecai :shifty:

Not to sound like Alienoid with his love of the obscure wrestlers, but having him return to the WWE wouldn't be so bad. He could maybe end up feuding with Kevin Thorn about why Thorn is always so bloodthirsty, and then tell him that the pale rider will "avenge" all of Thorn's victims or something.

But, nah, it wouldn't really work that well, and would probably suck to no end, so therefore I'm holding out hope:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVAGZ_eDqk4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVAGZ_eDqk4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
I agree. Mordecai vs Kevin Thorn wouldn't work out well.

Sephiroth
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Neah, it's a sign from above that Eddie is returning, he will be called: Eddie "The Latin Dead Man", Vince played us all along, you'll see.

Afterlife
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I agree. Mordecai vs Kevin Thorn wouldn't work out well.

Special Referee: Graham Chapman. And I only said it, because I'm willing to wager you're the only guy here who knows what it means.