PDA

View Full Version : HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! (NOAH shit most of you won't care about)

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Let me state before hand that 99% of you won't care about this.

With that said.

In the tag match between Samoa Joe and Yoshihiro Takayama Vs Mitsuharu Misawa and Takeshi Morishima....

Samoa Joe pinned Misawa after hitting him with the Island Driver, whch is the same thing as Emerald Frosion, which is Misawa's move.

Fucking Misawa.

Most of you don't follow puroresu, and know little about Misawa, but essentially, Joe just beat one of the biggest and most protected legends in Japanese wrestling with one of his own moves.

That'd be about the same as Joe beating Hulk Hogan with a leg drop, Ric Flair withthe Figure Four, etc...

And what does this all mean???

It means Joe is going to get his ass handed to him tomorrow by Misawa when he challenges for the GHC Heavyweight Title.

I'm pretty sure Joe is going to get his face smashed in.

http://www.noah-usa.cc/102507yoko63hnlpage.JPGhttp://www.noah-usa.cc/102507yoko98hnlpage.JPG
http://www.noah-usa.cc/102507yoko99hnlpage.JPG

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 06:33 AM
FUCKING HELLLLLLLL

I know what you're talking about, i did even read you're whole post, all I read was Joe Pinned Misawa with an Island Driver

Like fuck!!!!

Wow!

I was listening to Joe's shoot last week and he was talking about when he was doing Zero one he did the island driver as his finish without knowing it was Misawa's and the crowd went nuts for it, he didn't realise he had heat till after the match :lol:

I asume there's a Joe/Misawa single's match as well? No way is Misawa jobbing in that match now

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Just calmed down and read the rest of what you said, yeah Misawa is going to destroy Joe.

Are they building to get Misawa in TNA then?

I saw him in Coventry 3 years ago, for an old man he's still quite amazing

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 07:15 AM
I doubt you'll see Misawa in TNA anytime soon...

I'm pretty sure in regards to NOAH talent working in America, they're sticking with ROH. TNA doesn't have the best history of utilizing foreign talent, whereas ROH builds them nicely.

If anything, this probably has more to do with Joe from when he was in ROH, calling out Misawa, beating Morishima, etc. It's closure, more than anything.

Plus, TNA is working with NJPW right now, and NJPW and NOAH may not want to work together like that.

Although I could see Joe becoming a mainstay in NOAH if he ever quit TNA.

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I doubt you'll see Misawa in TNA anytime soon...

I'm pretty sure in regards to NOAH talent working in America, they're sticking with ROH. TNA doesn't have the best history of utilizing foreign talent, whereas ROH builds them nicely.

If anything, this probably has more to do with Joe from when he was in ROH, calling out Misawa, beating Morishima, etc. It's closure, more than anything.

Plus, TNA is working with NJPW right now, and NJPW and NOAH may not want to work together like that.

Although I could see Joe becoming a mainstay in NOAH if he ever quit TNA.
I think it's safe to say that Joe would do alright for himself if he didn't re-sign with TNA

So you've got an ROH icon, who now works for TNA, fighting in a company that's doing business with ROH, whilst New Japan are doing business with TNA, but wouldn't with NOAH

Anyone else think that whole scenario is a little strange? Surprised TNA didn't try to pull it

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm not really. They're putting Joe in the main event against a legend. It's exposure. Even though he won't win in the singles match, he'll get in good offense. That, with the fact that he's already pinned Misawa in a tag match, with his own move, pretty much just made Joe somebody big.

U-Warrior
10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
actually All Japan is working with TNA now.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
actually All Japan is working with TNA now.

They're working w/ both. NJPW and TNA are working more closely right now. They're going to be running a show together at the Tokyo Dome. AJPW and TNA had a small talent exchange going on. Personally, I think you'll see a closer relationship with TNA and NJPW in the long run... Although I would kill to see Voodoo Murders hit TNA.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
So, was Joe suppose to win? I can't tell if Japanese wrestling is a less of a work or not. Also, I now love Misawa as I hate Joe.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Also, you are right, I didn't care until I hear about Joe being a douche.

Kane Knight
10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I'll be honest. I cared up until I found out Joe was involved. NOAH is decent, and in fact, I'd like to see more shit from them. But Joe KILLS my interest.

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 10:24 AM
So, was Joe suppose to win? I can't tell if Japanese wrestling is a less of a work or not. Also, I now love Misawa as I hate Joe.
Hang on wait,

Are you asking if wrestling is real?

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Hang on wait,

Are you asking if wrestling is real?

I'm not asking if wrestling is real. I know it is fake...but that pureso stuff that is ultrastiff...it gets me confused. Plus Joe seems like the kinda cock that would decide he isn't jobbing mid match and then pin a guy just because he is fat enough to hold them down.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll be honest. I cared up until I found out Joe was involved. NOAH is decent, and in fact, I'd like to see more shit from them. But Joe KILLS my interest.

That got me thinking, it would be awesome if WWE struck a deal with NOAH, New Japan, All-Japan, FMA (that's a real promotion right?) to share their video old shit to air on WWE 24-7.

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm not asking if wrestling is real. I know it is fake...but that pureso stuff that is ultrastiff...it gets me confused. Plus Joe seems like the kinda cock that would decide he isn't jobbing mid match and then pin a guy just because he is fat enough to hold them down.
Unless he dropped him right ontop of his head to the point where he paralysed him, then i’d say this was planned, as Misawa is one of the toughest son’s of bitches on the planet, he’d have to be near death not to kick out. It’s just going to be a job for a job, as Joe will lose the triple crown match.

Kane Knight
10-26-2007, 10:41 AM
That got me thinking, it would be awesome if WWE struck a deal with NOAH, New Japan, All-Japan, FMA (that's a real promotion right?) to share their video old shit to air on WWE 24-7.

That actually would be pretty awesome. It'd tip the scales in favor of me getting 24-7.

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
We used to get NOAH and New Japan stuff all the time on TWC

But since it’s become MMA heavy most of the Jap stuff has been shuffled around so it’s hard to keep up with it, plus it’s hideously out of date, still some good shit though.

I’ve heard that they are thinking of doing WWE 24/7 over here, if they put some jap stuff on it as well for £5 I’d def get it.

Incidentally what’s the average weeks programming for wwe 24/7?

Like do they run like ECW marathons and junk?

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
That actually would be pretty awesome. It'd tip the scales in favor of me getting 24-7.
Agreed, it would be cool if they just did some sort of deal with ever promotion that tapes their crap to give them one slot a month. Including RoH, TNA, CZW, and all of that. It would give those promotion much need exposure, then WWE can rape them of their talent.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM

But since it’s become MMA heavy most of the Jap stuff has been shuffled around so it’s hard to keep up with it, plus it’s hideously out of date, still some good shit though.

I’ve heard that they are thinking of doing WWE 24/7 over here, if they put some jap stuff on it as well for £5 I’d def get it.

I'm not sure. I don't have it, but if they offered that kind of stuff, I would probably sign on. It is an on demand service, so you can watch any of what they are offering when ever you want.

The One
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
FUCK THAT! Misawa should NEVER have to job to Joe...especially not to his own god damn move!!!

In truth I don't know or care who Misawa is, I just don't think anyone should have to job to Soma Joe, be it via their own finisher or not.

IC Champion
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I like ToVo.

Londoner
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Where did you hear about them doing wwe 24/7 here? I would definately get it. I've been pretty pissed off by the fact they haven't done it yet over here...

U-Warrior
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Why is everyone calling it the triple crown? Is this a typo, or did I miss something huge?

The One
10-26-2007, 01:24 PM
In 1989, the NWA International Heavyweight, PWF Heavyweight and NWA United Nation Championships were unified by Jumbo Tsuruta (who was NWA Int. Champ) by beating Stan Hassen (who was PWF Heavy. and NWA United Champ).

It's been known as the Triple Crown ever since. It's a Japan thing...

U-Warrior
10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, in AJPW.

Misiwa is in NOAH, and the GHC heavyweight champion. And Kensuke Sasaki in AJPW, was the Triple Crown champ last I heard.

The One
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Ah, I was confused as to why you were confused. And no, you're right, Sasaki is Triple Crown Champ...and Misawa will defend the GHC Title.

At least according to the 10 seconds of research I just did...

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, put Triple Crown by mistake. I edited it.

Misawa is one of the toughest people in wrestling. After he wrestled the match with Mori after Mori powerbombed him on the outside and gave him a legit concussion, and he wrestled about 20 more minutes, I don't doubt his toughness.

Plus, he's fought Kawada numerous times... And Kawada scares me.

Joe would make a great Gaijin monster, ala Vader (I'm not comparing Joe to Vader, but he's the closest thing to him NOAH could have). In all honesty though, this was probably done to build momentum for Joe going into tonight, since the only exposure they really have to him is his Zero-1 work, and his match with Morishima from ROH.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Also, it won't happen, and I know it won't happen, but part of me wants to see Joe take the GHC... For 1 reason.

It leads to Joe-Kobashi 2, and Kobashi can kill him again, take the GHC, and ride the huge momentum wave he's going to get on his return.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Now I have never seen any of the people before, besides Tubby Joe. So I'm going to assume none of this matters.

Innovator
10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Also, it won't happen, and I know it won't happen, but part of me wants to see Joe take the GHC... For 1 reason.

It leads to Joe-Kobashi 2, and Kobashi can kill him again, take the GHC, and ride the huge momentum wave he's going to get on his return.500 chops this match, not just the 300 he gave him earlier

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Also, NOAH should really try to do Joe Vs KENTA at some point... The feud was built, and didn't end because TNA pulled Joe from ROH.

Plus, KENTA should kick his head in for the concussion Joe gave him.

The One
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I would approve of Japan hard kick shit if someone would concuss Joe Bret_style.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 03:00 PM
All ya need is a time machine, or Stan Hansen to teach someone how to throat a lariat ;)

Sorry Joe... They can pop your eye back in.

U-Warrior
10-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah, put Triple Crown by mistake. I edited it.

Misawa is one of the toughest people in wrestling. After he wrestled the match with Mori after Mori powerbombed him on the outside and gave him a legit concussion, and he wrestled about 20 more minutes, I don't doubt his toughness.

Plus, he's fought Kawada numerous times... And Kawada scares me.

Joe would make a great Gaijin monster, ala Vader (I'm not comparing Joe to Vader, but he's the closest thing to him NOAH could have). In all honesty though, this was probably done to build momentum for Joe going into tonight, since the only exposure they really have to him is his Zero-1 work, and his match with Morishima from ROH.

Joe doesn't look intimidating enough to be a monster. Not with behemeths like Rikioh and Morishima around.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-26-2007, 08:00 PM
True, but I don't think Rikioh is ever going to be a big star. Morishima can be. Joe has beaten him though. And compared to a lot of their "Next wave stars" like KENTA, Marufuji, Go, etc, Joe's big compared to them.

It won't happen though. He's Misawa fodder now.