PDA

View Full Version : Tovo's Thoughts on Titles...

The One
10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I am officially no longer recognizing several Championships.

(WWE's) World Heavyweight Championship
Between the mysterious laps in time from WrestleMania XX to SummerSlam and the confusing span from when Kurt Angle held it to when King Booker was crowned Champ...plus the fact that he was handed to someone as their first Champ, I am officially no longer acknowledging the fact that WWE claims to have a WHC.

(WWE's) ECW World Title
It never happened. Ever. Rob Van Dam won the WWE Title, then dropped it to Edge, and ECW hasn't seen a championship since. Period.

WWE Tag Team Championships
SmackDown created their own Tag belts, which were won by Angle, then he (and only he :shifty: ) dropped the belts to Edge & Rey, who dropped them to Los Guerreros, who finally dropped the titles to Team Angle...Team Angle then retired the belts.

(WWE's) World Tag Team Championships
Noticing that SmackDown had a set of Tag Belts (however short lived they were) the World Tag Titles were vacated and never used again at some point in November (Jericho and Christian were the last recognized champs)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Never happened. Period. It just never happened. The Light-Heavyweight Title was abandoned and nothing ever happened to small guys after that...

TNA's X-Division Championship
As of January 1st of this year, Daniels vacated the title, and it hasn't been heard from since.

NWA World Lightheavyweight Championship
It was in a lost peice of luggage during a flight in the early 90's and hasn't resurfaced yet...

UWA World Heavyweight Championship
Died when the promotion died in 1995...end of story...no sequel....

So, as it stands; WWE has the WWE, IC, US and Women's Title...TNA has a World, Tag Team and Women's Title...and CMLL has only the Middleweight belt as a singles title.

The end. Let this be on record, any references to any title that is not currently valid by me will result in mass confusion and my insistence that you are on some type of hallucinogenic substance. Thank you for your time.

P.S. Everyone in Japan can keep all their titles as I couldn't care less about any of them.

IC Champion
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I FUCKING LOVE YOU TOVO.

FourFifty
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I FUCKING LOVE YOU TOVO.

Kane Knight
10-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree on ECW. The entire show has actually been about people questing to get better pants support, not a real title.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Wait, are you talking about those piece of leather with shiny bits of gold on them? They still all exist. But they don't mean anything more than like a necklace does...do they?

JT
10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Disagree...X-Division Championship does exist and I like there champions even if they are given dumb gimmicks.

Disagree...there is no such thing as Women's Champions in wrestling, just girls who trade a clothes accessory with a gold plate every once in awhile.

Kane Knight
10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Wait, are you talking about those piece of leather with shiny bits of gold on them? They still all exist. But they don't mean anything more than like a necklace does...do they?

Well, he said championship. I'm assuming that he means that while thye might fight over a way to keep their tights up, there is no real title.

Except maybe "Most Libaracci'd outfit."

Mercury Bullet
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I am in agreement.

The One
10-26-2007, 03:10 PM

What are you talking about...wait...is that what people like Batista and Jay Lethal have been pretending hold up? It's bizzarr lately, more and more people have been acting like they hold a Championships up in the air, but nothing is even in their hands. Interesting...

Mercury Bullet
10-26-2007, 03:13 PM
...more and more people have been acting like they hold a Championships up in the air, but nothing is even in their hands. Interesting...

It's in remembrance of a time long since passed... :nono:

The One
10-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Also, the reason I know CM Punk isn't straight edge, is he keeps making references to Championship that don't exist, and he holds up imaginary belts in the air...he's obviously on ACID.

Stickman
10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I do not recognize the belt that Orton wears because it's looks rediculous.

JT
10-27-2007, 12:42 AM
I do not recognize the belt that Orton wears because it's looks rediculous.

...agreed...

starfox8500
10-27-2007, 01:44 AM
But do we recognize that Orton is a champion?

JT
10-27-2007, 01:53 AM
But do we recognize that Orton is a champion?

We agree that Batista has stolen Randy's real belt out of jealousy, caming to be a World Heavyweight Champion (or something), and that Randy is left without a belt till Batista gives him his belt back.

St. Jimmy
10-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Move this to casual and make it the thread I thought it was. "Tovo's Thoughts on Titties."

Stickman
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Move this to casual and make it the thread I thought it was. "Tovo's Thoughts on Titties."

Doesn't Tovo prefer cock to titties?

El Fangel
10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I FUCKING LOVE YOU TOVO

redoneja
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
lol come on

Theo Dious
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
What are you talking about...wait...is that what people like Batista and Jay Lethal have been pretending hold up? It's bizzarr lately, more and more people have been acting like they hold a Championships up in the air, but nothing is even in their hands. Interesting...

Batista... I thought he was holding up a Souvenir WCW title in respect to his mentor and buddy Ric Flair. You know, like people in the audience do sometimes?

Theo Dious
10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
It's bizzarr lately, more and more people have been acting like they hold a Championships up in the air, but nothing is even in their hands. Interesting...

You know how sometimes a challenger makes that hand motion around their waist that suggests that they're after a title? It's like that.

Except the funny thing is that they used to do it when facing the champion. I can't figure out why 'Taker keeps doing it to Batista. Must be getting senile in his age.

Heyman
10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Titles are like money/currency.

The more there is, the more inflation kicks in....and the more it devalues.

Five years ago - I predicted that the roster split would lead to far more harm than good. I was right. You simply CANNOT have two world titles and other secondary titles with the hopes of creating new stars. New stars are NOT created this way. What happens instead, is that the meaning behind winning a title becomes less significant.

If there are less titles within the company, then each title will mean more. Period.

BigDaddyCool
10-31-2007, 09:51 PM
You know, the WWE doesn't even reconize the cruiser wieght title anymore.

Theo Dious
11-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Further proof that TPWW Kliq is that far ahead of the IWC.

Destor
11-01-2007, 07:17 AM
</>

BigDaddyCool
11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Further proof that TPWW Kliq is that far ahead of the IWC.
Darth "The Truth" Tedious

Chavo Classic
11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm disappointed that Tovo chooses to recognise the US title. Why?

The One
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
How could you be disappointed in the acknowledgment of the united States Championship? I mean the title belt itself looks terrible, but with the exception of Orlando Jordan, it's got (IMO) the most impressive list of Champions over the past 3 years or however long it's been since it's come back...

Chavo Classic
11-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Let's have a quick look at the history of the US title in the last few years...

John Cena bt Booker T
Carlito bt John Cena
John Cena bt Carlito
Orlando Jordan bt John Cena
Chris Benoit bt Orlando Jordan
Booker T bt Chris Benoit
Chris Benoit bt Booker T
JBL bt Chris Benoit
Bobby Lashley bt JBL
Finlay bt Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy bt Finlay
Chris Benoit bt Mr. Kennedy
Montel Vontavious Porter bt Chris Benoit

I agree with your opinion on Orland Jordan, but with him you've also got to put John Cena and Bobby Lashley. Finlay I don't care for either.

However, looking at JBL, Carlito, Benoit, Kennedy and Booker T you've probably got a point. But at the same time an almost equal, if not better bunch of wrestlers have held the IC belt:

Edge, Randy Orton, Christian, Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro, Santino Marella, Jeff Hardy and Umaga

and in the short history of the ECW belt:

CM Punk, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, and John Morrison

So there's nothing particularly special about the US championship. To make matters worse it has been brought out of retirement for no other reason than to occupy the same role as the IC title. Meanwhile, ECW needs a title, otherwise it would just be Heat with a different name.

El Fangel
11-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Hold up, Heat is still on? I thought it moved to Tuesdays. :s

The One
11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Let's have a quick look at the history of the US title in the last few years...

John Cena bt Booker T
Carlito bt John Cena
John Cena bt Carlito
Orlando Jordan bt John Cena
Chris Benoit bt Orlando Jordan
Booker T bt Chris Benoit
Chris Benoit bt Booker T
JBL bt Chris Benoit
Bobby Lashley bt JBL
Finlay bt Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy bt Finlay
Chris Benoit bt Mr. Kennedy
Montel Vontavious Porter bt Chris Benoit

I agree with your opinion on Orland Jordan, but with him you've also got to put John Cena and Bobby Lashley. Finlay I don't care for either.

However, looking at JBL, Carlito, Benoit, Kennedy and Booker T you've probably got a point. But at the same time an almost equal, if not better bunch of wrestlers have held the IC belt:

Edge, Randy Orton, Christian, Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro, Santino Marella, Jeff Hardy and Umaga

and in the short history of the ECW belt:

CM Punk, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, and John Morrison

So there's nothing particularly special about the US championship. To make matters worse it has been brought out of retirement for no other reason than to occupy the same role as the IC title. Meanwhile, ECW needs a title, otherwise it would just be Heat with a different name.

Ok, first of all...the ECW belt? What the fuck are you smoking??? There hasn't been an ECW Title since Rhino held it in the original ECW.

Second of all, John Cena with the US Belt was far better than once he got to MAin Events. When he was a white rapper he was kind of annoying, but most people really liked it...when he was a former white rapper turned movie maker mugging for the camera with Marine salutes...THAT'S when his shitness took a turn for the worst. Bobby Lashley sucks anus, but again, his reign was handeled well. That's the biggest thing, look at how their reigns where handled. Plus, think of how many times the US Champ was involved with Main Event feuds compared to how many times the IC Champ has been...I can't really think of one to be honest. There really hasn't been a time when I didn't know who the US Champ was...the IC Belt (which by the way, I don't know why you used as an example against the US Belt since I am officially recognizing both) has been kind of meaninglessly thrown around I feel. No real feuds, and really, since the US Belt has been introduced back in 2003...most everyone who's won it has made a huge leap upwards in their career, not so for the IC Belt (post 2004 or so). It just seems the last 3 years has been complete waste...but never the less, I still recognize and respect the IC Title as it has done nothing to disgrace itself in recent years.

Chavo Classic
11-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Ok, first of all...the ECW belt? What the fuck are you smoking??? There hasn't been an ECW Title since Rhino held it in the original ECW.

Hell yes. Rhino was the last Extreme Championship Wresling champion. But I'm talking about the new ECW championship.

Call the ECW championship belt whatever you want - the C-brand title, the Velocity title, the tin-foil title. Regardless, that show needs a title and without it, it would be no different from an episode of Heat. Giving that show a belt gives it focus and some sort of direction, and a reason for the small following it has to continue to tune in.

I know I wouldn't care half as much if CM Punk had beaten Morrison without there being a title on the line. So in that respect it is a whole lot more important than the US title, the tag titles and the cruiserweight titles because without it, there wouldn't be much of a show at all.

The One
11-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Uh, there hasn't been a Cruiser belt since WCW and Tag Titles disappeared a lone time ago :wtf:

Also, CM Punk didn't beat Morrison for a title. End of story. ECW hasn't had a Champ since RVD lost the WWE Title to Edge. Are you fucking losing your mind or something?

Chavo Classic
11-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Second of all, John Cena with the US Belt was far better than once he got to MAin Events. When he was a white rapper he was kind of annoying, but most people really liked it...when he was a former white rapper turned movie maker mugging for the camera with Marine salutes...THAT'S when his shitness took a turn for the worst. Bobby Lashley sucks anus, but again, his reign was handeled well. That's the biggest thing, look at how their reigns where handled. Plus, think of how many times the US Champ was involved with Main Event feuds compared to how many times the IC Champ has been...I can't really think of one to be honest.

God I hate it when you're right but...

There really hasn't been a time when I didn't know who the US Champ was...the IC Belt (which by the way, I don't know why you used as an example against the US Belt since I am officially recognizing both)

The comparison was to highlight my point that the US title is an equivalent to the IC title. It occupies the same role and serves the same purpose. Personally, I don't see why they had to bring it back when they already had the IC title.

(The IC title) has been kind of meaninglessly thrown around I feel. No real feuds, and really, since the US Belt has been introduced back in 2003...

The two lasting feuds I can think of are

a) Benoit and Orlando. And the only thing that accomplished was to show Orland is a jabroni who taps out within twenty seconds, and as a result, that Benoit can beat a jabroni.

b) Carlito and Cena. Carlito beats Cena in his first match. Cena gets "stabbed". Cena comes back and doesn't beat on Carlito but beats on Jesus instead. Not very meaningful at all really.

Almost everyone who's won it has made a huge leap upwards in their career, not so for the IC Belt (post 2004 or so). It just seems the last 3 years has been complete waste...but never the less, I still recognize and respect the IC Title as it has done nothing to disgrace itself in recent years.

There's an equal amount of IC holders who have gone on to bigger things also: Orton, Edge, Umaga, Christian Cage (albeit in TNA) and Nitro/Morrison. It has also served well in acting as a stepping stone to the supposed next generation of headliners. Which again underlines my question: why did the WWE need another second-tier IC-like belt, when it already had one?

We don't need a IC belt for both brands, because the WWE has a habit recently of trading the next big thing to Raw or Smackdown without having to build up a reputation or a streak using that respective brand's "IC title". So, the US title is completely meangingless.

The One
11-04-2007, 12:22 PM
The two lasting feuds I can think of are

a) Benoit and Orlando. And the only thing that accomplished was to show Orland is a jabroni who taps out within twenty seconds, and as a result, that Benoit can beat a jabroni.

b) Carlito and Cena. Carlito beats Cena in his first match. Cena gets "stabbed". Cena comes back and doesn't beat on Carlito but beats on Jesus instead. Not very meaningful at all really.

I decided to only focus on this part of your post for now...

MVP/Hardy is probably hands down the best feud going in WWE right now. The fact that it's been months and months with them as tag partners sometimes, who hate each other all the times, and between the two of them no one can stay healthy long enough to get a PPV match...I don't know...something about it is almost magical. I LOVE this feud. Don't dis this feud.

Before MVP/Hardy was MVP/Benoit. And that was another fucking incredible feud. The matches they had were off the hook. MVP improved by leaps and bounds working with old Crazy Chris. Again, don't diss on this feud...it was the goods.

When Kennedy was Champ, he was feuding with The Undertaker. Now tell me when the last time the IC Champ was in a feud with a brand's top legend.

Finley with the Belt running a muck with Little Bastard was golden.

JBL feuding with Benoit over the belt was just fucking incredible.

Benoit/Booker feud was top notch. (though not as good as their WCW feud was, and sadly injury kind of ruined the best of series...)

I'm sorry, but most of the best feuds of the past few years have belonged to the US Title. I don't know what you could poissibly have against it.

Kane Knight
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Batista... I thought he was holding up a Souvenir WCW title in respect to his mentor and buddy Ric Flair. You know, like people in the audience do sometimes?

That actually explains so much about Smackdown, really.

They're not wrestling for a title, but for a souvenier belt signed by Ric Flair atop Space Mountain.