PDA

View Full Version : Gone Baby Gone

Triple A
10-27-2007, 07:44 AM
This movie is amazing. You should go see it.

Ben Affleck directed it. But it is so good. His brother Casey Affleck stars in it and he is real good.

It's set in Boston and everyone has thick Boston accents and that entertains me. It's about a 4 year old girl who gets kidnapped and this guy is a private detective and he gets hired by the girl's family to look into the kidnapping and it just gets crazy. Like the movie has so many twists it's pretty amazing. It's real entertaining throughout, I dunno. It sorta reminds me of Mystic River which I also thought was amazing, and which also happened to win Best Picture. So if you liked that movie you will def love this one too.

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
It was written (the book that it was adapted from) by the same person who wrote mystic river.

It probably won't be shown over here in the UK for a year or so, due to the whole mcCann thing going on at the mo, But i've heard it is supposed to be quite good.

Jeritron
10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Movies set in Boston are always awesome.

So are the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Celtics and BC. And everything else about Boston

That's all.

PapaGeorgio
10-27-2007, 09:42 PM
hmm just watched the trailer for it, literally have nothing to do tonight might go right now to see it. Need to decide in about next 5 minutes though

Champion of Europa
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I definitely loved it. I had a few minor complaints, but other than that, I thought it was a fantastic film.

Blitz
11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
So so good. Almost cried at the ending. Ed Harris was amazing, especially that speech to Casey Affleck outside the hospital.

Dragon
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Great movie. A couple little things didn't make much sense but overall I liked it a lot.

That raid scene with the crackheads was intense. That whole scene was pretty crazy.

El Capitano Gatisto
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I've read all of Dennis Lehane's books, the guy who wrote the novel this is based on and also Mystic River. So I was looking forward to seeing this but this balls with the McCann's has seen it shelved for the foreseeable future.

I thought Mystic River was a pretty overrated film to be honest (just a load of annoying big names on screen), but a great book. Hopefully this show does the book more justice.

Avenger
11-16-2007, 08:59 AM

El Capitano Gatisto
11-16-2007, 08:29 PM
What are you talking about you gaylord?

Gonzo
11-17-2007, 10:01 PM
lol ecg you are the man.