PDA

View Full Version : How should they book Survivor Series?

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Should the WWE go with classic Survivor Series Matches, a regular card, or a mixture?

Personally, I'd go with a full card of Survivor Series Matches. It gives the show its own theme, and it allows them to really build stories heading into Armageddon, and even the Royal Rumble (which then carries them through to WrestleMania).

FourFifty
10-30-2007, 02:59 AM
World title and WWE title on the line.
SmackDown's tag straps on the line
IC title on the line
One ECW only match
SS style matches.
There, booked.

GD
10-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Inter promotional Classic Survivor Series Elimination Match. A World Championship match featuring Undertaker and Batista. With both of them in the ring you can expect a decent match and there is a possibility for a title change.

Dave Youell
10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Monster Mash 2!!!!!!!!!

Make it happen people, I know the first one hasn't happened yet, but come one, you know it's going to be the goods

Theo Dious
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
World Championship match featuring Undertaker and Batista.

Fuck you, I don't want to see that again.

GD
10-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Fuck you, I don't want to see that again.

It's better than watching Batista vs Khali or Batista vs Mark Henry.

Londoner
10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I personally would hate the card full of SSelimination matches, 1 or 2 i dont mind, but having a card full of them is just lazy booking imo.

BigDaddyCool
10-30-2007, 09:14 AM
With Val Venis getting the win[/'noid]

Theo Dious
10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
It's better than watching Batista vs Khali or Batista vs Mark Henry.

Yeah, and being vomited on is better than being shit on. I shall willingly endure neither.

BigDaddyCool
10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
It should be booked with somehow HBK screwing over Bret Hart again.

St. Jimmy
10-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Shawn getting "injured", them setting up a last minute deal where they put DH Smith over big time. DH Smith vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title, Randy goes for the RKO, Smith bumps him up against the turnbuckle, lifts him over - Running Powerslam. 1. 2. 3.

Shawn comes out of out nowhere, blindsides DH and puts him in the sharpshooter and locks it in til he passes out.

Kane Knight
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
It can be made perfect with three words:

Spoiler: Cena Wins.

Xero
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Well.

Kane Knight
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Anyway, mostly SS matches. Mostly.

And Jericho winning the title, obviously.

Stickman
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I would'nt mind all survivor series matches with the winners being put in the main event match. I think they did it once before with heels vs faces.

Funky Fly
10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
HHH <s>comes</s> falls down from the rafters in his King of Kings get up, HBK gets locked in the sharpshooter for 20 minutes, McMahon tells the ref to ring the bell and DH Smith gets the hell out of dodge.[/still not over it]

HaTeR
10-30-2007, 06:21 PM
A 2 and a half hour Save_us.222 video that leads up to Jericho's return, followed by a promo and him winning the title.

Jura
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Raw vs SD vs ECW and have them show up on each other's shows attacking each other.

Fuck Raw/SD/ECW vs Raw/SD/ECW like last year.

Y2Ant
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
The debut of the Hindu Stable.

Team Sheep
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I'd pay to watch Edge destroy the ring with a chainsaw for 3 hours.

The Genius
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
full card of 4X4 matches with the surviving faces teaming up at the end in one final match against the surviving heels.

Jeritron
10-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Why do I smell Team McMahon vs Team HHH coming from a mile away. Interpromtional recruits probably.

Umaga, Kennedy, MVP, Big Daddy V, The Miz
vs
HHH, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Tommy Dreamer

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this as an excuse for McMahon to build an entourage of sorts, and later in the night align himself with Orton, forming a new corporation against the few good faces the company has. It'd be a good for ECW and Punk, I hate to admit it, but it would.

A Punk vs Orton title for title match, ending in a no contest or something, could be a huge rub for him.

Inadequacy
10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I'd pay to watch Edge destroy the ring with a chainsaw for 3 hours.

mrslackalack
10-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Mixture

redoneja
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Two world title matches: Orton v HBK
Batista v Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)
At least 3 Survivor Series Style matches
And then maybe one or two lesser singles/tag matches

redoneja
10-30-2007, 10:47 PM
^ That's probably how the Survivor Series will be booked. I'd prefer all Survivor Series matches with the survivors of each match being put into a pool and being picked at random to be on one of two final teams to determine the ultimate survivors.

Besides the Orton/HBK match they've already announced.

Jeritron
10-30-2007, 11:35 PM
They should have an elimination chamber for Smackdown with Edge taking back his gold

Corkscrewed
10-31-2007, 12:20 AM
How should they book Survivor Series?
Nine matches in which fans have to guess which one is the one Jericho returns to.

(hint: it's none of them)

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Well, I'm fairly certain that Randy Orton and Umaga are going to be a part of some sort of "Team McMahon" team at Survivor Series against "Team DX." Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jeff Hardy & DH Smith vs. Randy Orton, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy & Carlito is my guess. That's right, I see Smith and Michaels on the same team at SS. Have they mentioned that Smith is the nephew of Bret Hart yet? If not, I can see them just going with a "Surprise! Not only is Davey Boy my dad, but Bret's my uncle!" swerve, with DH Smith costing Shawn Michaels the final fall against Randy Orton. Where would Triple H be? I can see him getting counted out with Umaga, leading to a Hell in a Cell Match (groan) between the two at Armageddon.

As for the SmackDown! main event? After reading the SmackDown! spoilers (that means spoilers follow, jackass), we'll probably see Batista & The Undertaker team up against "Team JBL" at Survivor Series. Rey Mysterio and Kane could be pretty much confirmed as Batista & Taker's partners, as Rey is chummy with 'Tista, and not too friendly with JBL, and Kane is still on Taker's side. JBL will probably import Big Daddy V from ECW, with Finlay filling the fourth slot on his team.

ECW could very easily have a match pitting a babyface team of CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney & Stevie Richards against John Morrison, Elijah Burke, The Miz & Kevin Thorn. A lot of those guys have been missing, but now is the chance to get them on PPV. To be honest, though, I see them actually going with CM Punk defending the ECW Championship. Probably against John Morrison and The Miz in a Triple Threat. It will probably be a bit of fun, too.

They'll probably do a women's match of sorts, and it won't likely be a Survivor Series contest. Just break down the brand barries, and have Beth Phoenix team up with Victoria, Melina and Jillian Hall against Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly and Maria. As shitty as Kelly Kelly and Maria would likely be, there are enough talented ladies in there to make it work. Kelly Kelly and Maria would just be there to job out, and make the heels look good, only for the capable ladies to make a comeback and look good themselves. My guess is that we'll get some kind of contest between the Divas. Yawn. Actually, they could have Kelly Kelly or Maria's slot left open, and have Ashley return here. Sure, she's shit, but she's over shit.

Matt Hardy and MVP have the contest thing going on, and I wouldn't mind seeing them lead a team against one another. MVP can fill his ranks with Chris Masters, Kenny Dykstra and maybe even Jamie Noble. Matt Hardy can use Chuck Palumbo, Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang. It'd be a good chance for some of the overlooked talent on SmackDown! to shine. A United States Championship Match is probably more likely, but the whole contest theme seems to go with this. The WWE Tag Team Champions leading teams against each other, to find out who the better man is, and who the better team captain is.

Actually, applying the "SmackDown!/ECW crossover" rule, you can probably make a few safe change to the teams. Swap Kenny Dykstra with Elijah Burke. Dykstra has a past as an ally of Morrison, and Burke seems like a better fit with MVP than Morrison. It seems like part of the crossover idea is to give him something to do, as well. So that would make it CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney & Stevie Richards vs. John Morrison, The Miz, Kenny Dykstra & Kevin Thorn and MVP, Elijah Burke, Chris Masters & Jamie Noble vs. Matt Hardy, Chuck Palumbo, Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang.

RAW could also give their mid-carders a go, and I can see Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes teaming up against Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas. I actually think this match has a chance of happening, to advertise the Survivor Series concept, and act as a buffer between bigger matches.

So, my Survivor Series card would be:

* Randy Orton, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy & Carlito (w/Vince McMahon) vs. Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jeff Hardy & DH Smith

* Batista, The Undertaker, Kane & Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Big Daddy V & Finlay (w/JBL)

* CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney & Stevie Richards vs. John Morrison, The Miz, Elijah Burke & Kevin Thorn

* MVP, Elijah Burke, Chris Masters & Jamie Noble vs. Matt Hardy, Chuck Palumbo, Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang

* Beth Phoenix, Victoria, Melina & Jillian Hall vs. Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly & Ashley Massaro (w/Maria)

* Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch & The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2007, 04:07 AM
Here is a card without an entire deck of Survivor Series matches (which is probably the better way to go, to be honest):

* Randy Orton, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy & Carlito vs. Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jeff Hardy & DH Smith

* Batista, The Undertaker, Kane, Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Big Daddy V, Finlay & MVP

* CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz for the ECW Championship in a Triple Threat Match

* Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch & The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes

* Chuck Palumbo vs. Chris Masters in a filler match

* Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James for the WWE Women's Championship in a Lumberjack Match

* The Highlanders & Deuce N' Domino vs. Super Crazy, Hacksaw Jim Duggan & The Daltons

Stickman
10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
WHy doesn't vince have a corporate stable?

owenbrown
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Why isn't this PPV in a certain city in a certain country with a maple leaf for its flag on the 10th anniversary of the "certain city in a certain country with a maple leaf for its flag screwjob" where a certain wrestler that happens to be challenging for the same title he won 10 years ago in said nameless city in same screwjob(all of which shall remain nameless)?! :wtf:

Theo Dious
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
And Jericho winning both titles, obviously.

I saw the number 2 in one of those promos, therefore he is obviously going to win 2 titles when he comes back.

Theo Dious
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Why isn't this PPV in a certain city in a certain country with a maple leaf for its flag on the 10th anniversary of the "certain city in a certain country with a maple leaf for its flag screwjob" where a certain wrestler that happens to be challenging for the same title he won 10 years ago in said nameless city in same screwjob(all of which shall remain nameless)?! :wtf:

That was the stupidest, most nonsensical thing anyone has ever said.

The One
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
World title and WWE title on the line.
SmackDown's tag straps on the line
IC title on the line
One ECW only match
SS style matches.
There, booked.

I am so confused. There isn't a World Title, nor any currently active Tag belts in the WWE...