PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage debuts in ROH

Xero
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Wins title.

==================

Nicolas Cage is backstage at the Ring of Honor event in New York City, researching his lead role for upcoming independent feature film "The Wrestler."

From PWInsider.

:shifty:

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
That sounds awful every way possible.

Kane Knight
11-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Somehow, Alienoid and WWKD would defend that.

The One
11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
When Arquette went to WCW it made for WCW's lowest point...Nick Cage going to RoH may make for the only thing worth mentioning in it's history...

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2007, 10:00 PM
When Arquette went to WCW it made for WCW's lowest point...Nick Cage going to RoH may make for the only thing worth mentioning in it's history...
<marquee>:rofl: </marquee>

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Somehow, Alienoid and WWKD would defend that.

:roll:

You really are a stupid twat, aren't you?

Kane Knight
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
If I was, I'd be deep throating RoH along with the rest of them.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2007, 11:34 PM
You know, the thought of you trying to deepthroat anything greatly disturbs me.

Kane Knight
11-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm just impressed you had a thought.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Awww, There goes KK with his clever little wit again. You know, it's a shame you can't channel that wit into something productive. You know, like having something that resembles a life.

The One
11-03-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.javierzanetti.net/Handoyo/Pictures/070319%20Special%20Olympics.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Anywho, it's been fun, this little banter. Alas, I have better things to do. Let me know when you can actually back up what you say.

blake639raw
11-04-2007, 12:09 AM
So you keep on saying that the people on this board who like ROH are fellating the product, even though pretty much everybody has said that it too has flaws. And for the record, Nicholas Cage being backstage and watching a wrestling show has nothing to do with the product.

Kane Knight
11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Anywho, it's been fun, this little banter. Alas, I have better things to do. Let me know when you can actually back up what you say.

LOL.

Clever. Except, you know, I can. It's based on actual experience. Yeah, yeah, I know, "wit, blah blah, get a life, blah blah."

I mean, aside from your own failed attempts at being clever, the "get a life" card never gets old coming from people on a wrestling forum.

LOL I have a life I follow fifteen Japanese wrestling promotions I'm so cool.

Kane Knight
11-04-2007, 07:39 AM
So you keep on saying that the people on this board who like ROH are fellating the product,

Nope.

Only the two people who have attacked me, verbally, for saying something critical of the product. Alienoid and Kevin. Kevin decided that because I didn't like the bleeding ladder promo that I was against everything in RoH and blah blah blah, and Alienoid whose prose on the subject should speak for itself.

And if those are RoH's only two fans on this board, then yes. I've gone after everyone for fellating the product. The nancy boy who spazzes out if you don't like one element of a program, and the guy who literally jerks off to pro wrestling.

Otherwise, think before you post.

El Fangel
11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey KK, whats up this early, oh yeah you, haha.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-04-2007, 07:55 AM
wow

Kane Knight
11-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey KK, whats up this early, oh yeah you, haha.

I've actually jacked my brain directly into the internet.

Now I can post in my sleep. :D

El Fangel
11-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Sleep is for the week.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Sleep is for people attempting to watch Smackdown.

Rob
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I'd believe Cage could handle himself though. I couldn't believe Arquette could fight sleep.

Kane Knight
11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
No, Smackdown is for people attempting sleep.

TerranRich
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
And ECW is for people who think they are sleeping, only to find out that it's real and not a nightmare, and suddenly wish they were sleeping.

Kane Knight
11-05-2007, 11:03 AM
...Well, that joke got killed fast.

Dave Youell
11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok as for Cage being at ROH

So?

He’s researching a film? I’m glad he’s at least trying to understand some aspects of it, rather than just being given a script. The film does sound dumb, but at least Cage is trying to make some effort with it.

It’s not like ROH are doing an angle with him…………..yet

And the fact Mr Cage can spontaneously turn into flames and ride out on a motorcycle is def going to get him over if required, because Hollywood’s and shoot and wrestling is worked right?

The One
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, remember that one time Nick Cage went to an RoH event???

TerranRich
11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
ROH Owner: So, Mr. Cage, what do you think of pro wrestling?
Cage: You've got lights, you've got cameras... bitchin' technology!

The One
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
ROFL!

addy2hotty
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Nick Cage was awsum in the indies.

Destor
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Reading threads like this makes me hate this place.

FakeLaser
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
"The Wrestler" is going to be amazing. Darren Aronfsky directs.

Corkscrewed
11-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey, remember when Nicholas Cage was in decent movies?

Kane Knight
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey, remember when Nicholas Cage was in decent movies?

No, but I was born in 1980.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2007, 02:47 AM
You know what's really funny? The people who often criticise WWKD and myself of "blindly following" ROH, are actually blindly trashing it. LOL people like it for no reason at all. Apply common sense to the fanbase surrounding ROH, and how it has been able to do successful tours of Britain and Japan, and how it has pulled some Japanese legends for their shows (and those men will see a million times more money and women than you ever will), and the blind "it's only an indie promotion" hate for ROH is really quite unfounded.

It's alright to admit you feel dirty not discovering a niche product on your own, and that you've let its fans ruin it for you, but what the fuck would ever make you think that Gabe Sapolsky would put the ROH World Championship on Nicolas Cage?

Cage's involvement in ROH is perfectly fine, by the way. So he's backstage? Big fucking whoop. It's not like he's appeared at their shows, and even if he does, that's still fine. Look at RAW this week. They had these B-listers that was just depressing to see. Nicolas Cage is arguably a bigger star than them all put together, and if he leant his star power to ROH, and just signed autographs, or appeared in a segment with someone like Larry Sweeney (which would be hilarious), it would give those guys a great rub. A PPV segment between Cage and Chris Hero would actually do Hero a lot of good.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
Nah, apparently he's criticizing me because I get annoyed with him for bashing it and its fans, and saying he should actually watch it before he bashes is. He replies that he has, but when I ask him what he's watched (shows, matches, etc) he doesn't reply. He'll probably make reference to me trying to make it look like he hates ROH because he didn't like one thing they did ( the hanging) , but I'm pretty sure it's his posts, and not me, that make it appear that way.

He also thinks I'll blindly support anything they do, just because they did something he thought was stupid, and I didn't.

Anyway, I'd really advise you to just drop the arguement. It's pointless. I'm done arguing about ROH with people who 1. Don't watch, or haven't watched the product recently 2. Don't know what they're talking about, and 3. Realize you can watch and enjoy ROH without being a blind mark to it. This excludes people like Instant Classic, who actually know what they're talking about.

So to sum this all up nicely. KK doesn't really hate ROH at all, he just doesn't like ROH fans on the internet like myself, who apparently blindly support ROH, despite the fact that I'm openly negative about the things that I don't like. Also, he's apparently he's watched ROH enough to not be a fan, but won't say what he's watched.

It's old, and it's not worth the time. Let him have his opinion. If people want to think I blindly follow ROH because he says I do, then good for them. In the end, I'm going to watch and talk about what I enjoy. If they don't like it, they can cry me a river.

Blitz
11-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Destor knows.

Also, Aronofsky, eh. Gonna see this now.

Kane Knight
11-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually, Kevin, I bashed ONE stupid fucking promo, and your fanboy defenses kicked in and you were all "boohoo! You don't give it a cxhance! You just hate everything about it."

Mope.

So, Alienoid and Kevin are busy not living in the real world, making up this "bashing" or RoH I'm evidently doing, despite no basis in reality.

So...For any retard who actually believes the little hissyfit, let';s look back in this thread, and see how many times I bashed RoH. What? Never? Two morons heard me mocking them and blindly applied it to the product?

So Alienoid, I'm not sure who you're talking about blindly trashing the product, but when you and Kevin are done circle jerking each other, you might want to try a little reality. IT'll be a new experience for both if you, I'm sure.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
No, KK, I never said you hated everything about it. You act like I did. I said, "Hey, why don't you give ROH a chance.". And I said this because everytime it gets brought up, you act like anyone who likes it is a fanboy who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

So for the sake of simplification, I NEVER said you hate everything about ROH. YOU'RE the one who has the snide comments every time it gets brought up, and YOU'RE the one who's claiming I blindly support and follow ROH and can't see any wrong in it.

Yet I'm the mope? Hmmmmm. Oh yeah, and BTW, I called you a fucking twat for bashing me without anything to base it on, not for bashing ROH. So PLEASE show me where I applied you bashing me, to the product. I applied you bashing me to you being a fucking twat.

So yeah, if you want to knock me for blindly supporting ROH, no matter what they do, then you better make sure I actually do it.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't know why I bother. I'd would like to add though, that claiming I "verbally attacked you" is fucking hilarious, since you're the one that started mocking people in the first place.

Anywho, I know all about reality KK, sorry to dissapoint you. I'm not quite sure what "your reality" is like, and I really don't want to know. I'll let you get back to it though.

TerranRich
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
KK overreacts. Get over it. Nothing new. :p

What Would Kevin Do?
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
KK overreacts. Get over it. Nothing new. :p

LIES! KK Never Eh eh eh EVER overreacts.

It's all good. Dare I say, I don't mind arguing with him. I mean, it's the internet, the whole thing is too comical to take seriously anyway. In all honestly, I don't know why some people get SO caught up in arguing with him. Even if someone is being attacked personally, IT'S THE INTERNET, who really cares?

Corkscrewed
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Brock Lesnar

TerranRich
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I sometimes get caught up in KKrossfire every now and then. I should know better.