PDA

View Full Version : No Country For Old Men is an amazing movie

Triple A
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
You should watch it.

It came out in NYC yesterday and I went to go see it in IMAX. Sick fucking movieeeeeeeeeee omg. I think it's gonna get a wider release in a couple of weeks.

Newest Coen brothers movie btw. About a hunter who stumbles upon a drug deal gone bad and finds a briefcase with $2 million, and a psychopath killer who is after the money and thus after him, and a sherriff who is after them both. Like I don't even know how to say it really, but the movie was amazing. Everything about it. Brilliant fucking directing and storytelling, and acting, and cinematography and just everything. Coens = greatest living directors easily.

Funky Fly
11-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I remember seeing a preview for this a couple months back. Might have been when I went to see Superbad. Not important. The point is that I shit myself and came at the same time.

Hanso Amore
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I think I would rather see Love in the Time of Cholera.

Just Kidding

This looks awesome, cant wait to see it

Crimson
11-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Yea..I had a chance to see it last night! I liked the previews and was trying to convince my date but nooo, she insisted on P2. Im watching it for sure next time..I'm liking Brolin as a heel lately

Champion of Europa
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Driving to Chicago to see this bitch next Monday.

Lara Emily
11-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Amazing, amazing, amazing. I just love how the Cohen's fuck completely with the average joe's hollywood thriller expectations, the build up to certain events that just never happen was awesome. I mean fuck this movie is a story of growing old and losing touch with (and your place in) the evolving world as told through heist/drug/film noir/thriller narrative. It's brilliant.

Avenger
11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Coen's are fucking great. I must agree, I love their shit.

Mr Regal
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
You love their shit?...that's pretty weird man.

I shall make sure to check this movie out upon it's release in this great country.

Stickman
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Great movie but I'm stumped with the ending....I just don't get it, and neither did anybody else around me.

Rain Man
11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
def gotta get out and see it

loopydate
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Absolutely AMAZING flick! One of the best I've seen in a long time. Everybody in the theater was pissed at the ending, but I didn't mind it. It made sense to me, in a twisted No-Country-For-Old-Men-logic way. The way everything else happened in the movie, the ending made sense in that context.

mitch_h
11-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Yea I understand how the ending can piss people off, mainly because the Coens crafted a cat and mouse game that was so engaging, however I thought the ending worked. Great movie too, although not as good as "The Assassination of Jesse James"

ClockShot
11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Just got out. Fantastic movie.

If James Brolin's baby boy keeps it up with these hits he's been in, he might be getting an Oscar soon enough.

Only downer I had was a guy snoring a few seats over from me, and during the entire movie I was ready to make him sleep perminately.

loopydate
11-23-2007, 07:53 PM
If only you had kind of compressed air weapon...

RP
11-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Just got out. Fantastic movie.

If James Brolin's baby boy keeps it up with these hits he's been in, he might be getting an Oscar soon enough.

Only downer I had was a guy snoring a few seats over from me, and during the entire movie I was ready to make him sleep perminately.

You didnt wake him up? Thats fucking rude and i'd be the first person to tell him to wake up and stay up or leave.

Purgatory
11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, this does look like a good movie. I'll definately be seeing it at some point.

ClockShot
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
You didnt wake him up? Thats fucking rude and i'd be the first person to tell him to wake up and stay up or leave.

If only you had kind of compressed air weapon...

LOL.

I know. But the thing was, there was a guy two seats over from me, and like 3-4 people in the row directly in front of him. I was able to tune him out for most of the movie. A few shotgun blasts and an explosion woke him up, however.

DrA
11-24-2007, 05:48 PM
You love their shit?...that's pretty weird man.

I shall make sure to check this movie out upon it's release in this great country.

Cormac McCarthy attempt at existentialism.

I thought that it was a good movie. Entertaining, thought provoking, well acted and directed. Definitely one of the better movies I've seen at the theaters this year.

DrA
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Thinking about it though, there were a lot of inconsistencies with the movie. The Woody Harrelson character seemed to have been crammed in there with no real substance to him. Also (this isn't really a spoiler by the way), if you were to kill a cop like the killer did, especially in Texas, especially in Texas in 1980, you would have the whole freaking FBI after you and not just Tommy Lee Jones. There are a couple of other things as well, but I won't get into that as I don't want to spoil anything.

It was still a good movie, but the Coen Brothers did a sloppy job writing the screenplay I think.

#1-norm-fan
12-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Saw it last night. It was a great movie. Depressing as hell though. I'm all for movies that cross the line and go against the typical movie formula and are just plain fucked up but...

*spoiler*
I liked the twist of the hunter getting shot in the hotel. Didn't see it coming. But when he tracks down his wife and they have that talk about him having to kill her after she comes back from her mom's funeral and then it just shows him walking out of the house and checking his boots for blood. I was just thinking... "really? Ugh... :-\. Just too depressing. Probably the only time that a movie has ever genuinely depressed me."

As far as a movie though, it was pretty awesome.

Blitz
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Watched it today. Really really good movie. Javier Bardem is fucking terrifying.

Downunder
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah great movie

El Capitano Gatisto
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I saw it last Friday. It is a stunning film and the performances from all involved are absolutely perfect. Pitch perfect, even down to the minor incidental characters.

Fantastic film. Bardem's character and portrayal is one of the most disturbing creations I've ever seen and I love him.

Skippord
02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Incredible movie