PDA

View Full Version : Morrison to J.B "Wrestling God" L: "Fuck you" (Thread contains SD Spoilers)

Xero
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
From PWInsider through the news section:

A fight broke out backstage last night in Wichita, Kansas after SmackDown! was taped. After the show was over, JBL gathered a number of WWE superstars together, including John Morrison, The Miz, MVP, CM Punk, and Matt Hardy.

JBL berated Miz and Morrison for their color commentary work on ECW. JBL was furious that the two made Punk look bad with their commentary. They were heels and were supposed to criticize Punk in a heel way, but JBL felt they went too far with it. JBL then yelled at them for their ring work during their match with MVP & Matt Hardy. JBL told Miz & Morrizon to apologize to Punk, MVP & Hardy for making all 3 of them look bad.

The Miz apologized, but Morrison told JBL “F*ck you, it's none of your business”. He then said he would apologize to Punk, Hardy & MVP, but not because JBL told him to.

The confrontation went back and forth until Morrison shoved JBL. Several agents broke up the dispute before it got further than a shove.

=====

As I said in the other thread, bye bye Morrison. Either released or pushed WAY down the card within a month.

The MAC
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
TNA gets another one (soon)

Loose Cannon
11-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Morrison is awesome

Evil Vito
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>JBL needs to fuck off.

But yeah, expect Morrison and Miz to drop the belts next week. I've actually heard JBL is prepping for a return to the ring. Knowing WWE, they'll have JBL cost them the belts and turn Morrison vs. JBL into an angle.</font>

The MAC
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
yea, nothing settles a reali life feud by having the 2 guys work in the the ring together :|

Destor
I hope this causes Morrison to get de-pushed.

Destor
yea, nothing settles a reali life feud by having the 2 guys work in the the ring together :|It does wonders actually.

Savio
11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
But yeah, expect Morrison and Miz to drop the belts next week. I've actually heard JBL is prepping for a return to the ring. Knowing WWE, they'll have JBL cost them the belts and turn Morrison vs. JBL into an angle.They are tag champs?

Xero
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, won them at the tapings.

Should have put the warning up but my initial post didn't include spoilers.

Savio
11-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Its ok wrestling sucks anyway

The MAC
11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
jbl on commentary > morrison in the ring (or anywhere actually)

Loose Cannon
11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Morrison really is HBK Version 2. He needs to take the Texas flag and blow his nose with it.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
JBL is the man.

He should Humble Morrison shower_rape style.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Morrison really is HBK Version 2. He needs to take the Texas flag and blow his nose with it.

This.

I like JBL just fine, but Morrison is awesome.

TerryBoulder
11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Morisson is an idiot and deserves to be fired. When a man who has been in this business for as long as you have been alive (if not longer) is giving you advice, you better listen. Morrison is a moron for being disrespectful to his elders and the wrestling business on the whole. I think WWE should ditch the loser for this nonsense and put the title on someone who is not a retard.

Loose Cannon
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
actually to tie this in with Rob's thread where Xero mentioned HBK heel turn (I was going to post that I agreed fully with that) they should send Morrison to Raw and have him be in a heel group led by HBK. This group would be similar to how DX was in 97.

Nark Order
11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Can't wait for CNN to get ahold of this and say that Morrison went into a complete roid rage and tried to murder JBL.

BigDaddyCool
11-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm so torn. JBL is god. But Morrison has those abs.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Strawman rant about "the news media."

Nark Order
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Morisson is an idiot and deserves to be fired. When a man who has been in this business for as long as you have been alive (if not longer) is giving you advice, you better listen. Morrison is a moron for being disrespectful to his elders and the wrestling business on the whole. I think WWE should ditch the loser for this nonsense and put the title on someone who is not a retard.

I agree to a cetain extent. Morrison handled the situation badly in the fact that he lost his cool but recieving a reprimand from a guy that isn't in a management position is a little aggrivating. I'd bet money on the fact that JBL was most likely not "giving advice" as much as he was completely shitting all over the guys work in front of his peers. It's easy to lose your temper in a situation like that. Basically, both of them could've handled it a bit better.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm so torn. JBL is god. But Morrison has those abs.

That's why they should bone. They're the perfect stereotype for some Japanese slashfic.

JT Kool, get on it.

BigDaddyCool
11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok, me being a mark aside. The commentary between Morrison and Miz did come off like a couple little bitches arguing over a hat. Which I actaully enjoyed. It was exactly what I expect out of both. Miz is a loud mouth asshole and Morrison has those abs. They are both fighting for the same spot in ECW as top heel and that is what their character would be doing. Arguing over who has a nicer hat and who is going to beat up who and what ever while not actaully going to fight each other.

I don't know what happened on Smackdown as I have not seen it.

That aside, JBL was probably just trying to be a big man and carry on the way he always does by bullying new guys while giving "advice."

Anyhow, Morrison probably stood up to JBL because Micheals was standing up to Vince a few weeks back and Morrison probably thinks he was doing the same or something.

Nark Order
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
JBL is the man.

Is there an IWC rulebook reg that states that the guy you like better is always right?

Loose Cannon
11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

I think we all need to listen to the commentary (if they don't edit it) and see if it were as bad as JBL is making it. Just because JBL is older doesn't mean he's right.

Loose Cannon
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
oh it happened on ECW. my bad. thought it was Smackdown

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Is there an IWC rulebook reg that states that the guy you like better is always right?

Probably, but I think your point would probably go over better were my statement not tongue-in-cheek, or if I actually, you know, liked JBL.

Me? I've just a fan of shower rape. :D

Gerard
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
So a "fight" these days boils down to nothing more than a shove? Im assuming a strategically placed fart would involve a decleration of war? :foc:

Inadequacy
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
JBL is the man.

I dunno, that kinda sounds like calling a truce

KingofOldSchool
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah JBL is the best commentator in the business for a reason.

Miz and Morrison was god awful to listen to last night and really took away from a pretty good match.

If this story is actually legit, I'm not going side with anyone I'm just going to say that maybe Morrison should listen to JBL because at least JBL is an entertaining talker. And JBL shouldn't have let the situation unfold the way it did.

Blue Demon
11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Me? I've just a fan of shower rape. :D

I'll be over in a bit :naughty:

RGWhat316
11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, that does sound like a dumb move on Morrison's part. But I'm even more shocked that someone is actually standing up for Punk backstage. All I've been hearing is mostly negativity regarding him, but sounds as if JBL likes him.

Theo Dious
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll be over in a bit :naughty:

You better be faster than me, dammit.

Additionally, if memory serves, isn't this like not the first time Morrison has pulled this kind of shit?

Avenger
11-14-2007, 04:55 PM
JBL was right IMO

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I dunno, that kinda sounds like calling a truce

:lol: Touché.

The MAC
11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
TNA needs a guy like morrison because russo and co. need a "fuck you" every week.Also him vs sabin would be cool.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 05:05 PM
You better be faster than me, dammit.

Additionally, if memory serves, isn't this like not the first time Morrison has pulled this kind of shit?

Oh Baby.

And no, it's not. Morrison's pulled some dumb shit backstage in the past.

St. Jimmy
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Matthews and Nitro for new TNA Tag Champs.

Stickman
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
So what did they say?

FourFifty
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Ya know, on one hand JBL has a right to say what he feels, but on the other hand I think the Wrestling God has stepped over his limits...
JBL is a color guy. Last I heard he has no power, so who is he to tell The Miz and Morrison what to do? If it was anyone with a modicum of power then I could understand The Miz and Morrison being told what do to.
JBL has a history of being a bully backstage. Palmer Cannon quit because of it, and I think so did Brian Kendrick. As much as I like The Wrestling God I'm going to say good for Morrison for standing up to him and not taking his shit.
Besides, The Miz and Morrison are wrestlers. They're not color guys, they're not play by play. They're wrestlers.
Now I'm not going to say what Morrison said was right, but what JBL did was wrong.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Ya know, on one hand JBL has a right to say what he feels, but on the other hand I think the Wrestling God has stepped over his limits...
JBL is a color guy. Last I heard he has no power, so who is he to tell The Miz and Morrison what to do? If it was anyone with a modicum of power then I could understand The Miz and Morrison being told what do to.
JBL has a history of being a bully backstage. Palmer Cannon quit because of it, and I think so did Brian Kendrick. As much as I like The Wrestling God I'm going to say good for Morrison for standing up to him and not taking his shit.
Besides, The Miz and Morrison are wrestlers. They're not color guys, they're not play by play. They're wrestlers.
Now I'm not going to say what Morrison said was right, but what JBL did was wrong.

To be fair, he's got an in with the boss, and generally in the wrestling business, you listen to the veterans.

That doesn't mean JBL is in the right. But it is what it is.

But when it comes to bullying, where the fuck were you in the other nine thousand cases? This is a carnie business, full of douchebaggery.

Skippord
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok John Morrison is oficially my favorite wrestler

FourFifty
11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
But when it comes to bullying, where the fuck were you in the other nine thousand cases?

Either not on-line or all out of "give a damn."

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
It really is easy to selectively enforce problems, isn't it?

Shadow
11-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm always glad to see a bully get his. JBL got his. I still hate Nitro.

Destor
11-15-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm always glad to see a bully get his. JBL got his. I still hate Nitro.Yeah he really got his :roll:

FourFifty
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
It really is easy to selectively enforce problems, isn't it?

Weclome to real life, KK.

Shadow
11-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Yeah he really got his :roll:

What would you call JBL getting his then? Nitro shower raping him?

Destor
11-15-2007, 01:48 AM
You know what Hitler? FUCK YOU!

It's about time he got his. :smug:

Yeah that'll teach him.

addy2hotty
11-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Time for the bWo to return I think, with the added Miz Elizabeth and Johnny 'Monday' Nitro.

ECW/SMACKDOWN IS WAR!

Mr. Nerfect
11-15-2007, 04:20 AM
I actually don't think Morrison will get punished for this. He stood up for himself, and while JBL probably feels pissed off, there is probably a bit of respect being given to Morrison for it. He'll probably take the GTS at Survivor Series, but I doubt we'll be seeing him released. Carlito and Kevin Thorn will probably come first.

It's also quite revealing on how the company sees CM Punk. First Vince McMahon lists him with John Cena and Bobby Lashley as one of the "future stars" and then JBL makes it his business to defend the guy. Someone's been climbing the political ladder. Good for Punk. :y:

addy2hotty
11-15-2007, 05:58 AM
It's also quite revealing on how the company sees CM Punk. First Vince McMahon lists him with John Cena and Bobby Lashley as one of the "future stars" and then JBL makes it his business to defend the guy. Someone's been climbing the political ladder. Good for Punk. :y:

Shame he's done very little to deserve it.

Theo Dious
11-15-2007, 07:20 AM
To be fair, he's got an in with the boss, and generally in the wrestling business, you listen to the veterans.

That doesn't mean JBL is in the right.

...but it also doesn't mean that Johnny Whoever wasn't a dumbass to do what he did.

But I'm not telling you anything you... you know, weren't implying anyways.

Dave Youell
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Fuck it, I’m on JBL’s side for this, one of the agents should of said something if they did a shitty job in the match, but there’s no agents for the announcing, and that is JBL’s current speciality.

JBL!
JBL!
JBL!

Plus I think Morrison is hugely overrated

The One
11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I've recently become a fan of Morrison, but JBL is a god, therefore I must now despise Morrison again.

Y2Ant
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Remember the time Jericho owned Goldberg backstage? That was so fucking awesome. I wish it were on youtube. :(

Kane Knight
11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Weclome to real life, KK.

Naw. Real life includes people who aren't hypocrites. I'm sorry you've never met any.

Kane Knight
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
...but it also doesn't mean that Johnny Whoever wasn't a dumbass to do what he did.

But I'm not telling you anything you... you know, weren't implying anyways.

Yeah, pretty much.

I mean, JBL's a dick and a douchebag, but this was probably not the best way to handle it. I mean, I don't care. I really should, but carnies are discusting to begin with.

Anybody Thrilla
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
This is kind of disheartening to hear if it really does lead to any sort of depush for Morrison. He's one of my favorites right now, and I've been a fan ever since Tough Enough.

Honestly, I thought that their commentary on ECW was a lot of fun. I don't see why everybody seems to think it was so bad. They were playing their characters, and they were playing them well, IMO. I doubt anybody watching was thinking less of CM Punk based on anything they were saying. They were more ragging on each other than him.

Also, I didn't see anything wrong with their ring work on SmackDOWN! either (which nobody seems to have mentioned outside the initial post here). I thought the match was put together really well. Definitely the highlight of the show. Furthermore, I'm sure Hardy and MVP were OK with the way the match was going. It takes two sides to have a match, ya know?

JBL's great on color, but he's got that Hardcore Holly complex which makes him a bit of a bitch in my eyes. I really hope this all just blows over.

Innovator
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Their commentary was horrible. Took away from a good match and showed that Morrison is horrible speaking.

Anybody Thrilla
11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, I enjoyed it. I still saw the match going on, which was also good. No big whoop.

Tommy Gunn
11-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I thought Miz and Morrison were really funny on ECdub. They took a little too much attention away from the match (where Jamie Noble was looking fantastic) but some of their comments at eachother were hilarious.

Someone already mentioned it, these guys are fighting for the top heel spot (if you forget about Big Floppy V) and although the commentary went a little far, it proved that Miz and Morrison have pretty solid chemistry, which is rare these days.

YOUR Hero
11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
*clothesline*