PDA

View Full Version : Jerichos return was wack

Savio
11-20-2007, 12:17 PM
From his mild promo to his gay magician vest, it was lack luster.

Jordan
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
It was so "Fabulous!" hahaha know what I am saying? Even so I thought it was amazing and I marked out like a bitch for like everything he said. Especially Randy Orton's child bearing hips.

Xero
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Nah.

Londoner
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Fuck off you criticial bitches. Your opinion means nothing.

DAMN iNATOR
11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
The only thing I hated about the segment was that Jericho looked like Richard Simmons’ long lost gay son on crack or some shit...

.44 Magdalene
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I liked it

But I am, myself, a lack luster human being

Xero
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=1581&dateline=1193420761
Laaaaaccckkk lussster...

Jordan
11-20-2007, 12:38 PM
LOL It was fuckin surreal. I don't know if he was that energetic ever! And I don't know that I have ever seen a wrestler own the fucking stage like that, he was insane. JERRRICHOOOOO!

Londoner
11-20-2007, 12:39 PM
LOL It was fuckin surreal. I don't know if he was that energetic ever! And I don't know that I have ever seen a wrestler own the fucking stage like that, he was insane. JERRRICHOOOOO!

Agreed.

Mr. Pierre
11-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it was great. If you couldn't find any bit of enjoyment out of that, I don't know what to tell you.

Indifferent Clox
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Most amazing thing ever. Well, For WWE.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't know what you're talking. About. I was so excited I was up all night jerking off to the video. You know, like normal fans.

Savio
11-20-2007, 01:09 PM
From Jericho I really expect to laugh. he really didn't make me do that you can't honestly say that was some of his best work.

Mr. JL
11-20-2007, 01:12 PM
It was just good to see Chris F'N Jericho again.

Londoner
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Well i personally found it funny/entertaining, you're just too critical for your own good, savior.

BigDaddyCool
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Agreed. It was too over the top and got gay really fast.

Johnny Vegas
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Yea, Savior. Though we tend to agree frequently, i'm going to have to disagree on this one. One of the best moments in RAW history. If anything, Jericho's first entrance, from a mic standpoint, wasn't really in his favor because Rocky "welcomed" him in. The promo was pretty good, certainly not his best, but not bad. Hopefully now, people will step their mic games up because other than HHH and Santino, no one has stepped up. Now that Lionheart is back, hopefully Orton will think about what he said (i still iike Orton, but he could be a little more human lol).

But the crowd was kind of whack. Had that shit been in Canada or MSG/Philadephia, might have been different. His ovation was looooong as shit. I don't remember someone's return being so electric...like how Jordan came back for the first time/Piper's returns in WCW (those pops were fucking enourmous).

Savio
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Jericho: So guys did you break the code? Do you like my GAAAAYYYYY vest? Orton has child bearing hips! See ya next week!

Londoner
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Whatever savior, your thread is wack. And you'reclearly in the minority here.

Avenger
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know what people expected.

Londoner
11-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Some people expect too much, as a result, they're never happy.

DAMN iNATOR
11-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Despite being clearly the best segment last night, whether anyone likes it or not, facts are facts, and one Jericho segment at the end of the night did not SAVE.RAW. The rest was horrible, Jericho was great except his butch haircut and that stupid silver glittery vest. What is he a butch transsexual lesbian or something now?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
11-20-2007, 02:09 PM
It was class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6UOOHXe0Co

8 Years after the first one as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFX7_4uTqhI

.44 Magdalene
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Clearly, he's a magician.

Best gimmick ever? I'd like to think so.

.44 Magdalene
11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
He's going to pull RAW's ratings out of that big, scary hat that they've been in lately.

Y2Ant
11-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Like I keep saying it was never gonna compare to his 1999 debut, it was awesome but I am biased being a massive Jericho mark, not everyone would have enjoyed it as much as me, but people are expecting too much with the shittyness of wrestling today if they think it was gonna be the greatest moment in wrestling history.

That being said though if you didn't mark out just a little bit, you probably shouldn't be (and most likely aren't) watching wrestling anymore.

addy2hotty
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Don't care what anyone thinks, best Raw moment in fucking years.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Honestly, some of you will complain about anything. It was awesome.

Xero
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I thought, for what it was, it was great, and was one of the better moments in recent history, especially from a talking standpoint.

There are things they should have done different. They shouldn't have done the clothesline/pose shot for one. If they needed it in, it should have been a clothesline but not reveal who it was.

Second, as I and many others said, the crowd wasn't as hot as it should have been. Not WWE's fault really, they just happened to have a shit crowd. They did pop but it wasn't all that great. With a good crowd I think it would have felt more epic.

The promo was good. Not Jericho's best but it's not like it was terrible.

All in all, I did mark out.

Corkscrewed
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
It was pretty cool. Greatest thing ever? Hardly. But definitely more exciting than most things on RAW over the past five years. The promo was solid, though obviously not mindblowing, and the crowd reaction wasn't as huge as we would probably like.

Then again, short of having him come back in New York, Philly, Chicago, or Canada, I don't think you could have gotten a "blow the roof off" pop. Heck, these days, with WWE live events populated a lot more by casual fans than die hard fans (at least it seems that way, given crowd reactions in general), I'm not sure anyone could get a super huge pop.

But love how he had the crowd saying his trademark phrases with him. That was cool.

Corkscrewed
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh great, so Xero posts pretty much exactly what I said a few minutes before me.

Xero
11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
:cool:

Loose Cannon
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
it was Chris Jericho. take away him having been gone for 2 years and I can go back 3 years ago and find a similar promo. I don't see how this one stood out so much.

Yes, Great promo. Best promo in a long while, but that's not saying much. I expected Chris to come out and nail all his lines and do the fast talking Jericho stuff he always does.

Greatest moment in Raw history? Yea, maybe if you've been watching since 2003

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, not too entirely sure as to what people were expecting. It actually went a bit better than I had imagined. I thought that the torch runner getting clotheslined was perfect. Maybe because I hadn't expected to see him that soon and figured that the lights would probably go out on Orton, ect... Yeah, Jericho looks like a bulldyke a little bit but it didn't take anything away from it for me. We had like 15 people over to watch it and we all flipped our lids. I can see why they wanted him to put on a bit of weight before his return but it's fine. I'm just glad to see him back. Hope he has a good program at mania building.

Mr Regal
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I liked it.

I also liked his waist coat, it shone and twinkeld like the future.

I have a theory. I think the crowd were killed by the two matches prior to his arrival....i mean what the fuck was that all about? They should have had the Hardy vs Umaga match last and had the crowd hot for him....instead they killed them off with half an hour of shit....ridiculous.

TerryBoulder
11-20-2007, 03:14 PM

I agree. I dont see why ppl make such a big deal about jericho returning, I mean honestly who really cares hes not really a huge star. He did win the undispute title but that was a stupid move by the WWE because he sucked when he was champ. I dont see what ppl see in him and why everyone is so excited. I guess its nostalgia, ppl miss the old WWF days in 99 when Jericho came in originally and they want to go back in time to the good ol days and the company was cooler then so they think that jericho returning will also bring the WWF of 1999 back but guess what guys,

Its time to stop living in the past and live in the future, u cant bring 1999 back and ppl who are living now, well, they see jericho for what he is, a mid card guy who didnt really make it up the ladder and who didnt have what it took to become a huge star and then left the business because he was lazy and wanted to play in a band or whatever.

I know im in the minor here but I honestly feel that Jericho is not all that he is cracked up 2 be and thats why his return was so dissapointing. People expected something amazing but guest what, it's just jericho from 1999 except he wasted a bunch of years trying to be in a band and not training or wrestling so he's not even what he used to be. Ill be surprised if hes anywhere near what he was back then and u guys need to seperate ur memories of the good old wwf days from what jericho is and was.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree. I dont see why ppl make such a big deal about jericho returning, I mean honestly who really cares hes not really a huge star. He did win the undispute title but that was a stupid move by the WWE because he sucked when he was champ. I dont see what ppl see in him and why everyone is so excited. I guess its nostalgia, ppl miss the old WWF days in 99 when Jericho came in originally and they want to go back in time to the good ol days and the company was cooler then so they think that jericho returning will also bring the WWF of 1999 back but guess what guys,

Its time to stop living in the past and live in the future, u cant bring 1999 back and ppl who are living now, well, they see jericho for what he is, a mid card guy who didnt really make it up the ladder and who didnt have what it took to become a huge star and then left the business because he was lazy and wanted to play in a band or whatever.

I know im in the minor here but I honestly feel that Jericho is not all that he is cracked up 2 be and thats why his return was so dissapointing. People expected something amazing but guest what, it's just jericho from 1999 except he wasted a bunch of years trying to be in a band and not training or wrestling so he's not even what he used to be. Ill be surprised if hes anywhere near what he was back then and u guys need to seperate ur memories of the good old wwf days from what jericho is and was.

Name a better moment in the past couple years.

Inadequacy
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM

*cough*

:nono:
11These words are what he's looking at!

Xero
11-20-2007, 03:28 PM

Cena winning the title!

Cena in The Marine!

Cena winning the title!

Batista saying "YOU TALKING TO ME!?"

Batista wrestling 5 STAR MATCHES with Mark Henry!

Hulk Hogan making his LONG-AWAITED debut versus SHAWN MICHAELS! And BEATING HIM!

Londoner
11-20-2007, 03:28 PM
God, i truly feel for those who complain about last night, you missed out, big time. Go with the fucking moment ffs.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I have a theory. I think the crowd were killed by the two matches prior to his arrival....i mean what the fuck was that all about? They should have had the Hardy vs Umaga match last and had the crowd hot for him....instead they killed them off with half an hour of shit....ridiculous.

Totally agree. How shitty was the nding to the Santino/King match? Umaga/Hardy was pretty intense.

Mr. JL
11-20-2007, 03:30 PM
it was Chris Jericho. take away him having been gone for 2 years and I can go back 3 years ago and find a similar promo. I don't see how this one stood out so much.

Yes, Great promo. Best promo in a long while, but that's not saying much. I expected Chris to come out and nail all his lines and do the fast talking Jericho stuff he always does.

Greatest moment in Raw history? Yea, maybe if you've been watching since 2003
I think it was a smart move for Jericho not to give everything away the very first moment he re-debuts because then what do you have to look forward to in his next appearence?

I think the segment was perfect. The fans get what they want in that Chris Jericho has re-arrived back onto WWE territory. It gave Chris Jericho a purpose storyline-wise, (which is to save the WWE from Randy Orton and take the WWE title). And it left the fans buzzing and wanting to see more, which is significant for obvious reasons.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Cena winning the title!

Cena in The Marine!

Cena winning the title!

Batista saying "YOU TALKING TO ME!?"

Batista wrestling 5 STAR MATCHES with Mark Henry!

Hulk Hogan making his LONG-AWAITED debut versus SHAWN MICHAELS! And BEATING HIM!

I stand corrected and humiliated.

TerryBoulder
11-20-2007, 03:32 PM

U know there have been tons of great moments in the wwe recently that involved interesting young superstars as opposed to old has beens.

It depends on who u are a fan of and the reason u think this moment was so good is because u wish u lived back in 1999 and u see jericho better than he is because ur image of him is your memory of him and your memory of him is tied to the golden era of the wwe in the attitude time so everything from there seems great to u thats why u love jerichos return so much.

me? I know who he is because I dont get sentimental about the past era. I loved stone cold and attitude like everyone else did, but I moved on and accepted the new generation of wrestlers because I know that we cant have the same guys all the time, it gets boring.

Blue Demon
11-20-2007, 03:34 PM
God, i truly feel for those who complain about last night, you missed out, big time. Go with the fucking moment ffs.

People are just so jaded that it seems even when things are better/something good happens...they still call it crap.

Londoner
You know, some people just complain cause they dunno how to enjoy great moments in life...

weather vane
I think it was the best thing on WWE tv in a LONG time.

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I think it's the best moment in professional wrestling in a long long time. Might have to go as far back as Rock/Hogan or when ECW first showed up on Raw in 01.

TerryBoulder
11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
I think it's the best moment in professional wrestling in a long long time. Might have to go as far back as Rock/Hogan or when ECW first showed up on Raw in 01.

People who think like this are prolly the ones who are obsessed with the past and are forcing themselves to watch now because they cant get over that the guys they grew up loving got old and crappy and new people took over the business. Get used to it and step into the present time please. U may finf urself enjoying the product more without needing guys from the past appearing.

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
It is, of course, also my favorite wrestler and a return I wasn't sure if would ever happen.

The way it was done, the anticipation, and the presetation of it made it all so surreal. It finally happened, and when it did I felt like I was going to wake up and realize it never happened.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
U know there have been tons of great moments in the wwe recently that involved interesting young superstars as opposed to old has beens.

It depends on who u are a fan of and the reason u think this moment was so good is because u wish u lived back in 1999 and u see jericho better than he is because ur image of him is your memory of him and your memory of him is tied to the golden era of the wwe in the attitude time so everything from there seems great to u thats why u love jerichos return so much.

me? I know who he is because I dont get sentimental about the past era. I loved stone cold and attitude like everyone else did, but I moved on and accepted the new generation of wrestlers because I know that we cant have the same guys all the time, it gets boring.

First off, you never answered my question. Secondly, don't tell us why we like Chris Jericho. The arguement of "You like him because of things he did in the past" can be made for every single person on the roster because what else do we have to base our like/dislike other than things that they've done, stuff that they've said, or the past antics of their characters? Jericho has done nothing to lead anybody to believe as of yet that he isn't just as good as he was back when he was in the height of his popularity. Saying that we should dislike the man because he was popular some time ago is a pretty short sided arguement.

JT
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Clearly, he's a magician.

Best gimmick ever? I'd like to think so.

From the hand signals, to the gay shirt, to the whole "I will excite you!" thing...I was pretty much thinking Magician.

And while I admit, with Jericho being my favorite wrestler, even I found the thing to be a bit lack luster...but it still didn't stop me from marking out like a bitch. :cool:

thecc
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
People who think like this are prolly the ones who are obsessed with the past and are forcing themselves to watch now because they cant get over that the guys they grew up loving got old and crappy and new people took over the business. Get used to it and step into the present time please. U may finf urself enjoying the product more without needing guys from the past appearing.It's hard to enjoy the product when most of it is Crap. Last weeks Raw was the first one i've watched from start to finish in months. To be honest most of what I saw was crap. The reason so many people are excited about Jericho is because he can deliver in the ring and on the mic, which is more than I can say for most of the wwe's current roster.

JT
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

I think to this point, this was my biggest mark out moment since ECW on raw.

TerryBoulder
11-20-2007, 03:53 PM
It's hard to enjoy the product when most of it is Crap. Last weeks Raw was the first one i've watched from start to finish in months. To be honest most of what I saw was crap. The reason so many people are excited about Jericho is because he can deliver in the ring and on the mic, which is more than I can say for most of the wwe's current roster.

Which rosters are u watching?? New stars like John Cena and Batista deliver well both on the mic and in the ring. Then theres Lashley who might be a stinker on the mic but he wrestles really well since he is a college wrestler. This is just a few examples of guys from the new generation who definetely deliver in the ring and on the mic.

But let me guess, ur gonna say that Cena/Batista suck in the ring and ignore the dozens of classics they had with just about anyone over the past few years. I guess if u were too busy being upset that ur favorite guy from 1999 went to play music u probably missed all of this. Sorry, but it happened!

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 03:53 PM
People who think like this are prolly the ones who are obsessed with the past and are forcing themselves to watch now because they cant get over that the guys they grew up loving got old and crappy and new people took over the business. Get used to it and step into the present time please. U may finf urself enjoying the product more without needing guys from the past appearing.

I'm pretty fair about things. I want to see new, young stars and fresh programming. I want to see good programming. This is where the past comes in, the programming USED to be good (because it was young stars and fresh). Just because I want it restored to glory, doesn't mean I want the past. I just want it to be entertaini again.
I don't get excited when DX reforms, or Austin returns to referee a match, or especially when the Hogans Flairs and Pipers are around.

But one problem is, some of the only guys who know how to entertain have been doing it for a while. This is WWEs fault too based on how they let their talent progress. But you have the HBKs and HHHs who can still work matches better than the champions.

I like the Edges, the MVPs and even on some level the Kennedys. But I hate the Cenas and the Batistas.
How is that being hung up on the past? It's a matter of entertainment.

Jericho can still entertain. He's from the past, sure. So are Edge and Christian. Batista is older than him, and probably Kennedy too.
Just because he was around years ago doesn't mean he's not new and fresh. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be a focus. He never was properly used really. He was used excellently and had a great career. But he still has the potential to get that big push he never got.

So when it comes down to it, I watch wrestling still with an open mind. I like what is good, and I criticize what is garbage. I don't want 2008 to BE 1998. I want 2008 to BE AS GOOD AS 1998. There's a difference assclown.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
From Jericho I really expect to laugh. he really didn't make me do that you can't honestly say that was some of his best work.

I agree it wasn't all it could be, but it did make me laugh.

Yea, Savior. Though we tend to agree frequently, i'm going to have to disagree on this one. One of the best moments in RAW history.

Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

Despite being clearly the best segment last night, whether anyone likes it or not, facts are facts, and one Jericho segment at the end of the night did not SAVE.RAW. The rest was horrible, Jericho was great except his butch haircut and that stupid silver glittery vest. What is he a butch transsexual lesbian or something now?

Jericho didn't look bad. And he didn't have a transsexual lesbian thing going on, or Hanso would be on him. He was a real Etheridge fan. ;)

But yeah, it was a lame Raw, this was a bright spot by comparrison.

Goulet
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Which rosters are u watching?? New stars like John Cena and Batista deliver well both on the mic and in the ring. Then theres Lashley who might be a stinker on the mic but he wrestles really well since he is a college wrestler. This is just a few examples of guys from the new generation who definetely deliver in the ring and on the mic.

But let me guess, ur gonna say that Cena/Batista suck in the ring and ignore the dozens of classics they had with just about anyone over the past few years. I guess if u were too busy being upset that ur favorite guy from 1999 went to play music u probably missed all of this. Sorry, but it happened!

:roll:

Xero
11-20-2007, 04:24 PM

You do realize that Jericho has been in the business since the early 90's, right? And that people don't always look back at only 1999, but also his WCW run, ECW, run and some even his Japanese, Canadian and Mexico runs?

You don't have to live in the past to compare and realize what good writing is and should be vs. what shit writing is. You seem to be brainwashed to think that just because they're pushed at the top of the card means they're the best of the best. It's unfortunately not the case a lot of the time.

The WWE has a lot of good wrestlers. The problem is that Vince is living in the past (something you tell us to stop doing). He's booking very close to the same way he did in the 80s. Big monsters/unstoppable forces who can be decent on the mic who rely on big power spots - or guys, like Jericho, who are at least decent all around but are stuck at the middle of the card. Some get through, but they almost always fall back and aren't the ones who the company is booked around. Usually they wind up as enhancement main eventers.

I've said in the past, Cena is acceptable. Batista, though. I can see why someone would like him - his size and he can move a bit better than a lot of big men. But his "classic" matches have all been shit, except when he was being carried by Taker (or, as you would say, he was carrying Taker). He can be quite sloppy as well. And he's, AT BEST, below average on the mic compared to past main eventers.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 04:27 PM
And that is why I love Xero.

Fox
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmyckOwgDmk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmyckOwgDmk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SAVED!!!

Xero
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
LOL

Stickman
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't know what people would've wanted him to do. Anytime somebody big comes back it's a generic promo. I didn't like the clothesline revealing who it was. The crowd was gay. But come on, what do you expect him to do in a big return?

Loose Cannon
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I can name off a lot of comebacks that weren't just said wrestler giving a promo.

they could of done so much more with him, but they took the easy route. That's my whole argument.

There's no angle there. I don't understand what's so big that he is saving the WWE from? I think there is about 20 people that can be put in Jericho's spot and can save us from Orton. What did Orton do that needs saving? Just bothers me when the talent is there, but you do nothing with them. And I know I'm jumping to conclusions right now and thinking they will do nothing but it's fucking WWE.

St. Jimmy
11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
He was trying too hard to sell himself.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Btw Terry, your young Superhero Batista is 39.

Xero
11-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I can name off a lot of comebacks that weren't just said wrestler giving a promo.

they could of done so much more with him, but they took the easy route. That's my whole argument.

There's no angle there. I don't understand what's so big that he is saving the WWE from? I think there is about 20 people that can be put in Jericho's spot and can save us from Orton. What did Orton do that needs saving? Just bothers me when the talent is there, but you do nothing with them. And I know I'm jumping to conclusions right now and thinking they will do nothing but it's fucking WWE.
Well, the promos actually started running before Cena was injured. I think right there would have been perfect and was obviously what they were building it for. Remember, Jericho lost the You're Fired match to Cena. There's your pre-built feud.

They could have constructed a storyline, sure, but it's clear this was meant to be Cena.

Loose Cannon
11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, the promos actually started running before Cena was injured. I think right there would have been perfect and was obviously what they were building it for. Remember, Jericho lost the You're Fired match to Cena. There's your pre-built feud.

They could have constructed a storyline, sure, but it's clear this was meant to be Cena.

Right and I really would of pushed for Cena to be on that show. Yea, he's injured, but he can walk and talk. How great would that segment have been if he was there? You can mix in Orton too somehow. It would of been tremendous. The two young stars right now and Chris Jericho.

They kept Austin on TV in '97, so I don't understand why not Cena.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Jericho's "Save Us" doesn't need to have an actual meaning any more than "Y2J" Had to crash computers worldwide.

Russenmafia
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
As much as I am a Jericho mark i have to go with the minority, I didn't enjoy that promo at all last night. Everything up until Jericho started talking was excellent but the promo was stale and and the jokes on Orton were lame as fuck.

I did expect much as this return was so heavily hyped up but the promo ruined it.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Come on, there was severe irony in Jericho talking about someone's hair style. It was totally hilarious.

...Oh, right, we're supposed to be laughing with him, not at him.

"Child Bearing hips" was unexpected, and made me laugh. It's not like his promo was total shit. It's just not the over the top "best promo ever!" Sort of thing.

Skull316
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Dozens of classics?

Cena: HBK + Edge
Batista: Undertaker
Lashley: ummm...umm...shit

That sums up about all the classics these people have had in the last 2 years. And what do they all have in common? They were carried by an "old" guy that still performs in the ring better than they could ever hope to. I'd love to respect the newer wrestlers and call any of them "talented" but until I see the company's "headliner" outperform a 45 year old in the ring, i'll save my breath.

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont recall Batista and Undertaker ever having a classic. The wrestlemania match was an okay match, and I think part of why it's considered "good" is because it wasn't a trainwreck and Undertaker didn't lose the streak.

Russenmafia
11-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Come on, there was severe irony in Jericho talking about someone's hair style. It was totally hilarious.

...Oh, right, we're supposed to be laughing with him, not at him.

"Child Bearing hips" was unexpected, and made me laugh. It's not like his promo was total shit. It's just not the over the top "best promo ever!" Sort of thing.

The only part of the promo I liked was Y2J taking the piss out of Orton's monotone voice, other than that it was just your typical generic promo you hear all the time. Santino Marella when he is not jobbing to the King delivers more entertaining promos and is the best man on the stick in the WWE.

Out of the two returns for Y2J and Edge, you expected Jericho's to make the bigger impact. But in reality, Edge's return was better booked and he made a much bigger impact by pasting Taker with a chair.

Londoner
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I really am tired of this'wah wah wah jerichos return sucked' crap, forget it, no longer arguing about it, i enjoyed it as did many others who appreciated what a moment it was,if you didnt, then thats your loss. People judge things far too much.

Stickman
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
BTW, anybody else notice how white his teeth were?

Fox
11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I think they were just catching the glitter/reflection from his homo-vest.

That or it was an illusion. He is a magician you know.

Mooияakeя™
11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Tbh, it was better than anything TNA could have done. So that should make everyone love it for that reason alone.

I thought it was just awesome to see a new face I actually give a fuck about return.

Fox
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
HHH: "Hey Chris, that was awesome TV, man, real good stuff."

JERICHO: "Thanks, Hunter."

(Jericho leaves)

HHH: "You're gonna bury that fucker, Randy."

ORTON: "Mm, yeah. What'd he mean by child-bearing hips? Was that in the script?"

Fox
11-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Tbh, it was better than anything TNA could have done. So that should make everyone love it for that reason alone.

I thought it was just awesome to see a new face I actually give a fuck about return.

We should like it because its better than the competition? That's a good reason to like it?

Have you not seen the Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich episode of South Park?

Mooияakeя™
11-20-2007, 07:00 PM
BTW, anybody else notice how white his teeth were?

lol, no joke here, i did adjust the brightness on my TV thinking it was too high and had to re-turn it back up when I watched Top Gear straight after it

We should like it because its better than the competition? That's a good reason to like it?

Well, erm, I meant it in jest, but tbh if you like wrestling, then I guess that's a dumb thing to say back... cos otherwise, what the fuck else are you going to like? It's like saying "I watch EWF cos it's shit and more of a joke than any other wrestling promotion".... Unless u like watching things that are not as good as something just cos u want to be one of the "I like it cos not many others like it and if more people like it, I'm gonna find something more shit that only a few people like cos it's cool then" crowd.

Fox
11-20-2007, 07:05 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3C_wLCZ18M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3C_wLCZ18M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Big Vic
11-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Whatever savior, your thread is wack. And you'reclearly in the minority here.

Racist.
------------
name a bigger markout moment? RVD winning the title.

Big Vic
11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't know what people would've wanted him to do. Anytime somebody big comes back it's a generic promo.

matt hardy had a good return IMO.

Innovator
11-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I liked it

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
matt hardy had a good return IMO.

People bitched about that when that happened too.

Xero
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Edge and Lita were a FECES!

RVDmark
11-20-2007, 08:27 PM
OH COME ON, seriously, how was that not enjoyable. The crowd was hot for it, the runner running (well walking if it took him that long) all that way just to get clotheslined was quite funny, his return promo was funny, Orton really is that ugly and he does have an annoying, robotic characterless voice. And whilst he has not saved raw, he's only been in WWE 5 minutes, the saving will begin next week, when Jericho takes the WWE title from Randy "cockface" Orton.

Seriously, it was a good return, and he seemed as happy to see the fans as they were him.

Y2J: You remembered :rofl:

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
The crowd was hot?

:lol:

Y2Ant
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Well it was in Florida, it's quite warm there isn't it?

Y2Ant
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
But yeah seriously they should have booked that shit to happen in Chicago.

Xero
11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
But yeah seriously they should have booked that shit to happen in <s>Chicago</s> MSG.

Savio
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
But yeah seriously they should have booked that shit to happen in <s>Chicago</s> Montreal.

BigDaddyCool
11-20-2007, 10:54 PM
But yeah seriously they should have booked that shit to happen in <s>Chicago</s> TNA.

DrA
11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I didn't read any of the posts in here because honestly I could care less what you all think, but apparently watching it on TV didn't give his return justice. From what I've heard, the people at the show went absolutely ballistic when he came out, which you couldn't really tell on TV for some reason.

St. Jimmy
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
They seemed kinda dead on tv.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I didn't read any of the posts in here because honestly I could care less what you all think, but apparently watching it on TV didn't give his return justice. From what I've heard, the people at the show went absolutely ballistic when he came out, which you couldn't really tell on TV for some reason.

That makes perfect sense. They probably dubbed in some video of a crowd watching Edge.

Skippord
11-21-2007, 02:55 AM
The vest is awesome

shut up Savior

Corkscrewed
11-21-2007, 03:15 AM
^^ Mic'ing off the crowd screwing them over? *shrug*

There were parts where the crowd seemed just huge. And then it died down. So that could give evidence to mic tampering.

Either way, Jericho's return was neither the greatest thing ever NOR boring. It was a nice, solid, entertaining comeback, and I enjoyed it.

And besides, the best returns in the world are nothing if the ensuing storyline craps the person out. Tazz had one of the coolest debuts ever, and three months later, he was buried.

El Fangel
11-21-2007, 08:01 AM
You guys, I realized something today, I could have verified that Jericho would return last night, this past saturday, I work backshift, in a load of stuff from a truck were magazines, one of which contained the WWE Magazine. I never thought to go look at it till last night, and voila, oh the cover, was Jericho, pluggling in the cords for the lights, and save_us.222 in the elecricity between the connectors, I could have spoiled it for you all.

FUCK

.44 Magdalene
11-21-2007, 08:08 AM
... Lololol.

thecc
11-21-2007, 09:20 AM

But let me guess, ur gonna say that Cena/Batista suck in the ring and ignore the dozens of classics they had with just about anyone over the past few years. I guess if u were too busy being upset that ur favorite guy from 1999 went to play music u probably missed all of this. Sorry, but it happened!What fucking classics are you talking about. The only good matches Cena had were with HBK and really lets be honest, Micheals busted his ass off to make those matches enjoyable. Seriously if you're gonna bring up this "new generation" of talent, try guys like MVP, CM Punk, and Elijah Burke. Those three have so much potential and can deliver.

Kane Knight
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
And besides, the best returns in the world are nothing if the ensuing storyline craps the person out. Tazz had one of the coolest debuts ever, and three months later, he was buried.

Moot point, since Jericho'll be jobbing in 6 weeks, grand return or not.

However, you don't create hype like that, and then give less than 110%

You guys, I realized something today, I could have verified that Jericho would return last night, this past saturday, I work backshift, in a load of stuff from a truck were magazines, one of which contained the WWE Magazine. I never thought to go look at it till last night, and voila, oh the cover, was Jericho, pluggling in the cords for the lights, and save_us.222 in the elecricity between the connectors, I could have spoiled it for you all.

FUCK

You mean the one that's been up all over the web for over a week now?

Johnny Vegas
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh. My. Fucking. GOD.

wow. stfu, tbh.

Kane Knight
11-21-2007, 01:18 PM
wow. stfu, tbh.
You actually managed to say something dumber than br0ken or even Terry Boulder.

Please don't tell me to shut up until you've rectified this.

Thank you.

Heyman
11-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll have to agree with SAVIOR on this one. IMO - Jericho's return left a lot to be desired. YES - It WAS cool to see Jericho come back, but I think the whole thing could have been done better. Here are my gripes:

1) No new entrance music: I think for Jericho's character, it would have been MUCH cooler if he came back with new entrance music. Think back to when Austin came back to the WWE in late 2000 (with his 'Disturbed' theme)....or when The Rock came back in 2003 (his heelish Hollywood music).

2) No beat down on Orton. If the WWE were DEAD serious in having Jericho look like a dominant main-eventer, they would have had him come down to the ring and beat the snot out of Orton. If the WWE intends to ride the momentum of Jericho's return, they NEED to make him look dominating. Granted - Jericho's not exactly a "big man", but still. If the WWE can do it with HBK, they can do it with Jericho.

3) Promo was unoriginal. I agree with Savior. Commenting on Orton's hips? C'mon. :n: Compare Jericho's 2007 promo to his 1999 promo. When Jericho entered the scene in 99', THAT promo was freakin awesome.....and original.

VERDICT: I hate to be a negative bitch, but I was NOT highly impressed with Jericho's return. Compared to his entrance in 99', I found this to be lackluster. I have a bad feeling that Jericho will ultimately get buried once again........just as he was a few years ago.

Only this time - instead of being used to put over up-coming talent (i.e. Benjamin), Jericho will become a "main-event jobber" (a la Shawn Michaels).

Xero
11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
2) No beat down on Orton. If the WWE were DEAD serious in having Jericho look like a dominant main-eventer, they would have had him come down to the ring and beat the snot out of Orton. If the WWE intends to ride the momentum of Jericho's return, they NEED to make him look dominating. Granted - Jericho's not exactly a "big man", but still. If the WWE can do it with HBK, they can do it with Jericho.

I disagree. I think it was very smart of them to leave the cliff hanger for next week's ratings spill over. If they had him beat down Orton (for no real reason, no less) it would have taken a lot away from next week in that you've already seen him in the ring in one form or another. This way, you (should) get the in-ring action/beat down this week. They can easily get the same effect this week, and have the advantage of having two weeks with something different.

Skull316
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Watching the video again, I figured out something that really took away from it for me. The announcing.

The announcers did a horrible job during this segment, barely even acting surprised. JR: "There he is ladies and gentlemen, Chris Jericho." Or after the clothesline "JR that can only be one man!" They both made it sound perfectly clear that they were well aware that it was coming, which while they were, was a complete break of "kayfabe of announcers" (if such a thing exists). I think people overlook sometimes how good acting on the part of the announcers can add to a moment. Neither JR or King acted like it was a big deal, or that they were surprised in any form. Honestly, I felt like they played a big part in toning the entire thing down.

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Watching the video again, I figured out something that really took away from it for me. The announcing.

The announcers did a horrible job during this segment, barely even acting surprised. JR: "There he is ladies and gentlemen, Chris Jericho." Or after the clothesline "JR that can only be one man!" They both made it sound perfectly clear that they were well aware that it was coming, which while they were, was a complete break of "kayfabe of announcers" (if such a thing exists). I think people overlook sometimes how good acting on the part of the announcers can add to a moment. Neither JR or King acted like it was a big deal, or that they were surprised in any form. Honestly, I felt like they played a big part in toning the entire thing down.

"It can only be one man" makes sense, though.

The guy went right into Jericho's entrance pose.

Skull316
11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
"It can only be one man" makes sense, though.

The guy went right into Jericho's entrance pose.

Regardless of that, compared to how we've seen JR and King on numerous occasions, it completely lacked their typical enthusiasm about something big happening. I've seen them get more excited about John Cena's 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000th success overcoming the odds than they did about Jericho's return. Horrible job on their part.

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Regardless of that, compared to how we've seen JR and King on numerous occasions, it completely lacked their typical enthusiasm about something big happening. I've seen them get more excited about John Cena's 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000th success overcoming the odds than they did about Jericho's return. Horrible job on their part.

Maybe it's sour grapes, since everyone was already cheering Y2J. That'd be hilarious if they really were underselling Jericho because people really were on to them.

DAMN iNATOR
11-23-2007, 01:21 PM

Dude they never broke kayfabe. If you had been paying more attention, and also, if you had seen what KK just posted you'd realize that they didn’t act like they knew until they saw him doing the pose with his arms stretched out...

Mooияakeя™
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Regardless of that, compared to how we've seen JR and King on numerous occasions, it completely lacked their typical enthusiasm about something big happening. I've seen them get more excited about John Cena's 100000000000000000000000000000000000000024th success overcoming the odds than they did about Jericho's return. Horrible job on their part.

Corrected

Innovator
11-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Orton did a worse job than the announcers. He didn't sell that it was a huge deal for Jericho to be back, he just did a typical Orton promo.

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Really, they did undersell it, but not because they weren't surprised enough.

They should have been more excited, even if the crowd wasn't. But surprised?

Fuck that. The "This could only be" bit would have been perfect, had they only sounded like they gave a shit.

Skull316
11-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Dude they never broke kayfabe. If you had been paying more attention, and also, if you had seen what KK just posted you'd realize that they didn’t act like they knew until they saw him doing the pose with his arms stretched out...

Oh please. If YOU had been paying more attention you'd notice that I quoted KK's post in my post, so to claim that I didn't see it is just completely brainless.

And give me a damn break. JR said in a COMPLETELY NORMAL VOICE "There he is ladies and gentlemen, Chris Jericho." What ever happened to "BAH GAWD it's Chris Jericho!!! Folks he's been gone for 2 years and now he's here on Monday Night RAW!!!!!," how he usually does it whenever someone comes back from a long break. Like KK said, they had the lines right, but completely lacked the enthusiasm of giving a shit in any form. Which, especially for the monday night announce team, seems a bit odd. As Santino would say "JR did not reach the point of orgasm."

Jeritron
11-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Orton did a worse job than the announcers. He didn't sell that it was a huge deal for Jericho to be back, he just did a typical Orton promo.

At least he acknowledged who he was and when we last saw him, instead of no-selling his existence. I meant, Orton is bland, but it's not like he did a bad job. His job was to stand out there holding the title and get his moment stolen. His only line was just a lame comeback, but it was a setup to get burnt back.

It could have been way worse. I'm not neccesarily arguing that this return was better than his debut in 1999, but if that happened today you'd all be bitching about how whack it was that The Rock no sold his existence and buried him on the microphone, stealing the moment in kayfabe.

Fox
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
JR: "Well there he is folks, Chris Jericho!"

The King: "Who is that? You know who that is?"

JR: "Chris Jericho, King. Undisputed Champion. Main evented WrestleMania 19?"

The King: "He looks like a chippendales dancer! Ha Ha!"

JR: "King, this moment is surreal."

The King: "I can't look directly at this Terror-Co guy; his jacket's too shiny!"

JR: (loading shotgun) "Look over there then, Jerry."

The King: "At Randy? Over at Randy, JR? I think Randy's going to say something-

BANG.

Jeritron
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Seriously though, I'd love to see the modern reaction on here if Jerichos original debut took place. "They made him look bad" "Rock buried his career" "He didnt get the last word" "Rock buried his promo"

Just like when CM Punk jobbed a fucking match a year ago

Xero
11-23-2007, 03:50 PM
And people STILL say he's getting buried. :shifty:

Jeritron
11-23-2007, 03:53 PM
He's probably gonna hold that ECW title until he gets drafted to Raw or Smackdown. Then we'll see what happens. I don't know if he can break the glass ceiling into the main event. Maybe he is midcard for life. But with his popularity and workrate, and the company's opinion of him, I don't see him getting buried.

Jeritron
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
But back to the topic, Jerichos debut was far from whack

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 03:55 PM

LOL.

Yeah, but Punk is still being buried because he's not holding the WHT, WWET, ECWT, NJPWT and TNAWHATEVERTHEFUCKITIST at once and going over Godzilla with the Pepsi Plunge.

Xero
11-23-2007, 03:56 PM
If he ever hit the Pepsi Plunge on Triple H people would start bashing him for using Triple H's move.

No one can ever win with smarks ever.

weather vane
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
BOO HOO

Jeritron
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on">
<TBODY>
<TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
<P>"I can't wait for Randy Orton to win the title and I want Cena gone"</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>lmao, 2 weeks later.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>"Orton looks weak and didnt win it soon enough, HBk shouldn't be kicking him, when's Cena due back?"</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></TD></TR>
<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Savio
11-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm fine with Orton as champ.

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">
"I can't wait for Randy Orton to win the title and I want Cena gone"

lmao, 2 weeks later.

"Orton looks weak and didnt win it soon enough, HBk shouldn't be kicking him, when's Cena due back?"

</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Because most smarks have the attention span of five year olds.

Kane Knight
11-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Though to be honest, it also means the same guys who were primed for Jericho's return will be bashing it in two weeks anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
11-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I missed RAW, but I saw the video someone was kind enough to post. Fucking awesome shit. Jericho knocking down the marathon runner was great. I didn't expect it, and it was like an Eric Bischoff walking past Booker T moment. More of a "WTF?" prelude to something greater. Jerry Lawler did his best to ruin it, "That could only be one man!" Thanks, Jerry. I thought the whole purpose of that segment was to tease everyone? Usually the WWE act like idiots when the result is obvious. The one time they have a bit of mystery (because let's face it, Jericho doesn't look too much like Jericho anymore), they blow it so quickly.

Jim Ross was also off, too. I hate it when he points out the ovations a guy gets. Look, if the crowd is happy to see someone, we can tell. Usually the reaction is underwhelming, and you saying it's great does not help as much as you think. Let the crowd reaction speak for itself. Focus instead on the moment, rather than the factors surrounding it.

I don't get the complaints about Jericho's image. I think he looks good with the short hair, personally. As far as the jacket goes, I'm fairly certain Jericho has been busting out gay vests since the early days of his career. I'd rather see the old Jericho (or at least shades of him) than a new "Marine" Chris Jericho.

The promo was great. I don't know how it could have been too much better. It wasn't the funniest or the greatest of all-time, but it was a Chris Jericho level promo. He was a little rusty, but who cares? His delivery was better than pretty much anyone else on the roster. It was fun, it was filled with Jericho goodness, and the Sexy Beast is back, baby. The only thing that could have maybe made it a little better, is if he came up with a name for Randy Orton. I hope that's next week, though. You can't blow everything right away.

I'm not sure whether Chris Jericho should win the WWE Championship at Armageddon, or not. On one hand, fuck yes, it's Jericho, and he's just the best, freshest and most exciting guy the WWE has now. Of course he should be one of their World Champions. On the other hand, Jericho getting screwed somehow (some kind of DQ finish), or maybe just playing up ring rust/an underestimation of Orton by Jericho (it's risky, but I think good writing, which the WWE has actually been getting better with recently, if you ask me...just within the last week, so the trend probably won't continue), and you could have Jericho enter the Royal Rumble, win it, and go on to headline WrestleMania, and win the WWE Championship there.

I'm sticking with my opinion that the main event of WrestleMania 24 should be Shawn Michaels defending the WWE Championship against Chris Jericho.

Mr. Nerfect
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on">
<TBODY>
<TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
<P>"I can't wait for Randy Orton to win the title and I want Cena gone"</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>lmao, 2 weeks later.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>"Orton looks weak and didnt win it soon enough, HBk shouldn't be kicking him, when's Cena due back?"</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></TD></TR>
<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I've never seen anyone calling for Cena back. Maybe that's just me. I do try to avoid Cena threads. I never wanted to see Randy Orton win the WWE Championship. In fact, I think Chris Jericho, Val Venis, Matt Hardy, Kane and Jeff Hardy were all higher on my list. In fact, Funaki would have been higher.

A lot of you actually miss the smark view quite dramatically, and it makes you look like retards (I love you, Jeritron, don't worry, I'm not speaking about you here). People don't want to see CM Punk as the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion right now. People were complaining about the company misusing him when he lost his undefeated streak to Hardcore fucking Holly. He was also first out of the Extreme Elimination Chamber. The order of elimination really should have been: Hardcore Holly, Big Show (he was on his way out), Test, CM Punk, with Bobby Lashley turning heel and becoming Heyman's new chosen Champion against Rob Van Dam.

Savio
11-24-2007, 12:25 AM
The only thing that could have maybe made it a little better, is if he came up with a name for Randy Orton.
Randy Snoreton?

Heyman
11-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Seriously though, I'd love to see the modern reaction on here if Jerichos original debut took place. "They made him look bad" "Rock buried his career" "He didnt get the last word" "Rock buried his promo"

Apples and oranges. In 99', Jericho came in as a HEEL. The Rock SHOULD have gotten in the last word, and he did. As a face in 07' however, I still think that Jericho should have done something physically to Orton.

On a semi-related note, I think a lot of people's standards on here have dropped in terms of what they expect from an entertainment value.

Was Jericho's 07' return pretty cool? Yes. Was it great? IMO - no....it left a LOT of be desired.

Compare Jericho's 07' return to the following....and tell me if it's on the same level:

1) Triple H's return to RAW at MSG on January 7th, 2002.
2) Undertaker's return to the WWE on Judgment Day 2000.
3) The Rock's return to the WWE in early 2003
4) Chris Jericho's debut in the WWE in 1999.

For me personally? Jericho's 07' return just doesn't measure up to the aforementioned. From MY perspective, it just doesn't look like the WWE is dead serious in having Jericho be a dominant main-eventer. Hopefully, I am wrong.

The Naitch
11-24-2007, 02:54 AM
IT WAS WHACK

the first coming was like 10000000x better

Heyman
11-24-2007, 03:10 AM
IT WAS WHACK

the first coming was like 10000000x better

Exactly. Jericho's original debut ooozed of originality in my opinion.

This one? Not so much. Don't get me wrong - I am very very happy that Jericho is back (and for the most part, enjoyed the segment)....but I still think it paled vastly in comparsion to the examples that I cited.

I also think Jericho looked and sounded a little bit like a lesbian. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Randy Snoreton?

Nice, nice.

I loved the return. It honestly did not leave anything to be desired with me. As far as the WWE goes, that's pretty impressive. Jericho attacking Orton Stone Cold-style just isn't Jericho. He's the type to be more flash than fry, and that's the way it should be.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Was Jericho's 07' return pretty cool? Yes. Was it great? IMO - no....it left a LOT of be desired.

You do realize that the physical attack or whatever you feel was missing is possible, and most likely probable, for next week. Things being left to be desired is a huge part of wrestling. If there was nothign left to be done, there'd be no point to it.

Heyman
11-24-2007, 06:07 AM
You do realize that the physical attack or whatever you feel was missing is possible, and most likely probable, for next week. Things being left to be desired is a huge part of wrestling. If there was nothign left to be done, there'd be no point to it.

Hey,

I understand your point and I should have responded to your earlier comment. Yes - things being left to be desired is a HUGE part of wrestling, but I think it was far more important to establish Jericho as a dominating presence....someone that was TRULY a dominant main-eventer.

Think about this: If that was Austin in his prime, would it have been acceptable for him to have NOT beat the snot out of Orton?

Also - I once again cite the example of Triple H's return in 2002. When he came back (first night), he had an alteraction with Kurt Angle....and got the better of him. Undertaker on Judgement Day 2000? Chokeslammed the holy hell out of the entire McMahon-Helmsley Faction.

Jericho beating on Orton would have CLEARLY made him look like a true main-eventer.........and yes, wrestling fans would still be horny to see Jericho wrestle the next week. ;)

.44 Magdalene
11-24-2007, 06:08 AM
I'm still bewildered by comments about his "gay," "lesbian," "queer," etc. haircut.

...Because Lord knows the pigtails and shit were the epitome of rugged manliness.

At any rate, I liked it. I'm not going to bitch about how it could be better because everything in the entire fucking world could be better. One million dollars could still be two million dollars. I'm just satisfied that it didn't suck.

Heyman
11-24-2007, 06:17 AM
"At any rate, I liked it. I'm not going to bitch about how it could be better because everything in the entire fucking world could be better. One million dollars could still be two million dollars. I'm just satisfied that it didn't suck.

To each his own.

p.s. The vest was what discerned him as a lesbian for me btw.

Kane Knight
11-24-2007, 09:02 AM
On a semi-related note, I think a lot of people's standards on here have dropped in terms of what they expect from an entertainment value.

Natch.

The environment is much weaker, so the standards pretty much have to be lower.

Kane Knight
11-24-2007, 09:04 AM
because everything in the entire fucking world could be better.

Empty point.

addy2hotty
11-24-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL @ Jeritron.

He went from being 'bored' with save.us.x29 to 'the anticipation was perfect' within a week.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 03:09 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Yea I was bored until that night when it was built until the main event of the show. It got me back engaged. I was dissapointed a few weeks ago when they didn't debut him on the night that felt perfectly built for it.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kane Knight
11-24-2007, 03:34 PM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Yea I was bored until that night when it was built until the main event of the show. It got me back engaged. I was dissapointed a few weeks ago when they didn't debut him on the night that felt perfectly built for it.
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Because most smarks have the attention span of five year olds.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Not really. I said it was all building towards that night and it didn't happen, and that turned me off to it for a bit. However, it was executed excellently on the night that it did.

Kane Knight
11-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Not really. I said it was all building towards that night and it didn't happen, and that turned me off to it for a bit. However, it was executed excellently on the night that it did.Because most smarks have the attention span of five year olds.