PDA

View Full Version : I know it's a bit early... (Cena)

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
But how would you book a Cena return? Obviously it would depend on who is the current champ at the time but I can really see some potential in Cena returning if they do it right.

I'd book it somewhere along the lines of this. When Cena left, he was on top of the world. He was superman. He won every match with relative ease, he was on top of merchendise sales, he had CDs, he had catch phrases, and he had millions of fans cheering him on everyweek. Basically the only reason he fell was due to a freak accident in the middle of an everyday ordinary match. So Cena is pumped for his return, ready to rule the world again, ready to take his throne as the king of RAW again. So he makes his long awaited return to the ring... and loses. He doesn't get destroyed, it is a close match, he just comes up short. He's booked for another match, is ready to rail through his opponent, but misteps and loses once more. When he comes out, the cheers start to dwindle a bit, more boos are steadily starting to filter through the crowd. After a match he walks by a garbage can, only to notice a Cena T-shirt inside of it. He goes up to one of the divas to ask a question but they give him a two word answer and blow him off like he's just another loser from the street. One night he gets a call from WWE records telling him that the deal for his new album has fallen through. Everything that Cena once had is now almost completely gone. Cena gives a last ditch effort to Commisioner Regal for a title shot but Regal shoots him down and tells him that only people who win matches get title shots. Frustrated, we see Cena leave the RAW arena. For 2-3 weeks nobody has heard or seen Cena. Jericho (or whoever a face champ is at the time) is out in the middle of the ring cutting a promo and having a blast. He explains that it is the best moment of his entire career, on top of the world. Eric Bischoff's music hits and everybody is extremely confused. Bischoff cuts a promo on the champ saying that he knows what it's like to be on top of the world. Bischoff had it all in WCW, money, fame, ect... but sooner or later it all goes away. Paul Heyman's ECW theme comes through the speaker and he comes out standing next to Bischoff. He exclaims that he too knows what it's like to be on top and have everything all of a sudden completely taken away. They go on for a couple more minutes and then tell the champ "So we know what it's like to have everything that we hold near and dear taken away from us just when we thought that our lives were perfect. Now, you're going to know what it's like." Bam. Cue Cena FU on the champ out of nowhere. Cena brutally beats him into a bloody mess. He stands and cuts a promo with a foot on the champ's chest about how everybody turned on him, ect... He walks over to Heyman and Bischoff and they pose into the end of the show. Cena and said champ fued for long while.

I know some of it may seem far fetched with Heyman being back on TV and such but I'll bet they'd let Bischoff back. If they did something like this right I think it could be sweet.

Let me know what you think. Also, how would you book a Cena return?

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I just posted a lazy version of how I'd do it in the Raw thread, last post. I'm kinda too lazy to write a full one out in here right now, but I will

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd like to see Jericho hold the title all summer. It's a pipe dream. But it'd be nice to see him get pushed as the top face on Raw from Mania through GAB. Then have Cena return to save him from 2 heels.

Have a tag match on Raw in which Cena turns heel and faces him for the title at summerslam. Have heel Edge come out during the main event and screw Jericho. Almost in a business deal between Cena and Edge, once arch nemeses. This helps put over Cena as this heel who will do anything to get back the title he never lost, and stay on top of a show that has changed since he left.

There it is

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
As for Bischoff. I want them to bring him back as GM of Smackdown and in kayfabe have him hellbent on taking the Bshow to the top and putting Raw behind him in quality just like used to be his goal. Even building a stable or rallying his roster to beat Raw. Maybe even leading a crusade against Raw/Vince

It makes sense to me, since Smackdown needs an authority figure, it needs a better show, it needs storylines. I also think it'd be cool since Smackdown has all the WCW titles.
Imagine how cool it would be for a heel Edge and MVP to be aligned with Bischoff

Jeritron
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
The best way I see heel Cena working is if he's an obsessed exchampion. Doing anything and everything to get the belt back, and keep it. Even if it means selling his soul so to speak, or doing things to faces and fans that are heel material.
I like the idea of him coming back jealous of who has his belt when he returns. Because since he never lost it, it should be booked as such.
I think a solid run as a heel with a mean streak could make Cena all the more over and liked by all fans when he goes back to being a face.

But the facts are they won't make him heel until they have to

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Cena comes out, FU's Jericho, the end.

Nark Order
11-20-2007, 07:55 PM

That's probably the more likely scenario.

Lord-Of-Darkness
11-20-2007, 08:21 PM

To Cena marks, that would be a Jericho heel turn

St. Jimmy
11-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Cena comes out.....

on !MPACT!

Y2Ant
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Cena comes out and forms the Hindu World Order, becoming the first celebrated Hindu Rapper in the history of the WWE.

thedamndest
11-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Do 20 weeks of pre return videos, have him cut another rap album, put him on the late night shows, and do a new subway commercial. Then in his return match have him go clean over Kane, Big Daddy V, Snitsky, Buddha, Jesus Christ, the Reanimated Corpse of Hitler, the Megazord, and our solar system's sun. That outta sell some t-shirts.

Inadequacy
11-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Do 20 weeks of pre return videos, have him cut another rap album, put him on the late night shows, and do a new subway commercial. Then in his return match have him go clean over Kane, Big Daddy V, Snitsky, Buddha, Jesus Christ, the Reanimated Corpse of Hitler, the Megazord, and our solar system's sun. That outta sell some t-shirts.

Dude, the Megazord has like, ZERO credibility, it can't get Cena over
Voltron on the other hand...

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Dude, the Megazord has like, ZERO credibility, it can't get Cena over
Voltron on the other hand...

Psssh...Ever since he lost that "Blazing Sword on a Pole" match...

Inadequacy
11-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Psssh...Ever since he lost that "Blazing Sword on a Pole" match...

Hey, it's not his fault the VR Troopers giant robot thing interfered, it was a screw job!

Xero
11-20-2007, 09:17 PM
FU... Off a ladder... Through a table... In a trash can!

Inadequacy
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
flaming ladder

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey, it's not his fault the VR Troopers giant robot thing interfered, it was a screw job!

Yeah, and Sven should have never gone to WCW and fought Goldberg.

Fox
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Flies into the arena Superman-style from a zip-cord in the rafters and kicks some ass with freeze breath, heat vision, and a cool-looking plastic "C" that comes off his chest and wraps around bad-guys like a spider-web, Superman-style.

Inadequacy
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
flaming "C"

Skippord
11-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Vs Nick Mondo

Dave Youell
11-21-2007, 06:37 AM
We all want him as a heel, don’t think it’s going to happen.

The heel scene on Raw right now isn’t looking good is it?

There’s Orton

Kennedy on the fringe although I think he’s overatted

Umaga at best is an upper midcarder, he’s done too much jobbing now

So either HBK, HHH or a returning Cena have to turn heel I think to balance it out

I’d like to see Shawn do it persaonlly as a HHH heel turn is too predictable and Cena is worth too much as a face in terms of merch

Skippord
11-21-2007, 06:40 AM
He can come back during a hell in a cell match for the WWE title

assault the challenger and put the champion on top

then the next night on Raw he can reveal he and Regal were in cahoots the whole time and make out with Regal

Outsider
11-21-2007, 08:10 AM
I think he needs repackaging before a return.

By that I mean he needs to be taped securely into a box and sent to China.

Kane Knight
11-21-2007, 10:45 AM
He can come back during a hell in a cell match for the WWE title

assault the challenger and put the champion on top

then the next night on Raw he can reveal he and Regal were in cahoots the whole time and make out with Regal

That's the least gay thing you've said in ages.

Y2Ant
11-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Chris Jericho should find the Dragon Dagger that controls the John Cena zord, and play it whenever he's about to job, thus staying champion until he retires.

Mr Regal
11-21-2007, 01:52 PM
He should come back as a heel and enter into relations with that vicky bird off of smackdown who used to be married to a really good dead wrestler.

Tommy Gunn
11-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I hope Kennedy or Jericho can get a title run before Cena comes back, because when Superman returns, along with Bobby Lashley, that title scene is gunna be deadlocked.

It's the same shit on Smackdown, as long as Bats, Taker and Edge are on the active roster, guys like MVP, Kane and Matt ain't getting anywhere.

NoRoolz
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Seriously when Cena is wrestling my passion for wrestling decreases by so much.

I hope he makes a 'shock' heel-turn or something or just stays out of the title-scene for a bit. It's strange no matter how much he wins I don't view him as title-credible even attempting to look from a marks eyes. To me, Batista has more of that star-power dunno why.

Kane Knight
11-21-2007, 08:31 PM
To me, Batista has more of that star-power dunno why.

Coz Bats, at least, can get cheered?

I mean, I know a lot of the cheers on SD are piped in, but he still seems to get good ones live.

Cena should be on Smackdown so they CAN pretend he's still got fans.

Executioner
11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Cena comes out...cuts a 1 minute promo...and then the spirit of Andre appears before all and smites Cena thus causing a global celebration and end to all war...

Corkscrewed
11-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Didn't read the others, but my return would be relatively simple:

1. Return as face to great fanfare, gets put in tag match w/ Jericho (who'd be champ) against two main event heels.

2. Turns on Jericho in match, beating the crap out of him.

3. Next week, cuts a promo about how he was on top of the world, then went out, and Jericho stole the spotlight.

4. Does NOT bury Jericho (but can go over).

That's the gist of it. Give the feud some intensity and interest. None of that "beating the odds" that they've used about 17 times (I'm actually taking a stab at an approximate number). I remember Jericho's feud w/ The Rock was so memorable because even though the premise was bland (spirit of competition), it evolved into something deeply personal, and that intensity made it very engaging.

NoRoolz
11-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Coz Bats, at least, can get cheered?

I mean, I know a lot of the cheers on SD are piped in, but he still seems to get good ones live.

Cena should be on Smackdown so they CAN pretend he's still got fans.

Yeah exactly, it's just stupid the top face draw being booed to bits. Yeah, on Smackdown he would do better as more children watch the B-Show and children seem to be the only Cena-fans.

D Mac
11-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Also, how would you book a Cena return?

I wouldn't

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Didn't read the others, but my return would be relatively simple:

1. Return as face to great fanfare, gets put in tag match w/ Jericho (who'd be champ) against two main event heels.

2. Turns on Jericho in match, beating the crap out of him.

3. Next week, cuts a promo about how he was on top of the world, then went out, and Jericho stole the spotlight.

4. Does NOT bury Jericho (but can go over).

5. Doug Basham wins the championship in a Triple Threat match. He outpops DX.

Yeah exactly, it's just stupid the top face draw being booed to bits. Yeah, on Smackdown he would do better as more children watch the B-Show and children seem to be the only Cena-fans.

And hispanics. We all know they'll watch anything. :shifty:

But yeah. Bad booking to take the guy who's getting booed and continue to push him.

I wouldn't

You, sir, win.

Vastardikai
11-23-2007, 03:08 AM
In a 3 minute squash match against Hornswaggle.

After all, Hornswaggle DESERVES the push.