PDA

View Full Version : WcW powerplant

the2ndcoming
11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I am twenty seven years old, and have been a pro wrestling fan for twenty years. Although; WWF was my favorite growing up, I now wish there were more alternatives on cable, or even satellite television.
I am new to the wrestling forum world, and I am sure alot of people on here are younger than me, but I know every one is a knowledgeable wrestling fan; I can't wait to get to know everyone!
I used to really enjoy WCW, I loved Clash of the Champions, and WCW saturday night was my favorite wrestling program for a long time. They used to show these promos for the WCW power plant; where you could learn to be a wrestler, as far as I know it was still open when Vince McMahon "acquired WCW" a few years back (I could be wrong).
Does anyone know what happened to it; is the facility still used for wrestling training, under a different name?

Danny Electric
11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing that it has gone but don't quote me on that.

Wonder what The Sarge is up to.

Xero
11-23-2007, 06:29 PM
It closed when McMahon bought WCW out.

According to Wikipedia, Sarge opened a new training facility in 2003 called The Super Power Plant.

Kane Knight
11-24-2007, 05:11 PM
It closed when McMahon bought WCW out.

According to Wikipedia, Sarge opened a new training facility in 2003 called The Super Power Plant.

:lol: He's gone Otaku!

The Genius
11-25-2007, 03:01 AM
sgt craig pittman?

Dave Youell
11-28-2007, 08:59 AM
The WWF used to run training dojo’s which took 1 week and were done for different guys,

Guys like Angle, The Hardys, Edge, Christian, Test and A-Train were trained in the Dojo, I think it was Tom Pritchard who used to run it, but it wasn’t a full time thing, they used to take in indy guys for a week and asses them.

Right now there’s the developmental territories OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) is there main source of most recent talent (Cena, Orton, Lashley, Lesnar, Benjamin, Rhodes) and they have just taken on a different territory in FDW (Florida championship wrestling) Don’t know a lot about FCW apart from that the new hart foundation was meant to form there, but Teddy Hart dropped the ball again.

WWE(f) have used other territories in the past such as DSW (deep south wrestling) and another one that I can’t for the life of me remember I want to say HWA? Some with an H in it.

Anyway, Vince has his set up for incoming talent so didn’t need the powerplant as well as he had more than enough talent after the takeover to tide him over along with his own guys in development

ddpBANG
11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
WWE(f) have used other territories in the past such as DSW (deep south wrestling) and another one that I can’t for the life of me remember I want to say HWA? Some with an H in it.

Smoky Mountain?

ddpBANG
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
BTW, Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) is another former feeder. I was just pointing out that SMW was as well.

loopydate
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Wasn't UPW for a while, too?

Dave Youell
11-29-2007, 04:09 AM
Wasn't UPW for a while, too?

I don't think it was an 'Offical' one, but it's a place where agents would go to check out talent.

Cena and Heidenriech came from there, then went into OVW

Dave Youell
11-29-2007, 04:10 AM
BTW, Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA) is another former feeder. I was just pointing out that SMW was as well.

HWA, that's the one I was thinking off!

I didn't think SMW was a development group, I thought it worked in the same way as UPW, basically it was considered minor leagues to get a job in the WWF, but i didn't think anyone was on Vince's payroll. I could be wrong though

ddpBANG
11-29-2007, 05:13 AM
HWA, that's the one I was thinking off!

I didn't think SMW was a development group, I thought it worked in the same way as UPW, basically it was considered minor leagues to get a job in the WWF, but i didn't think anyone was on Vince's payroll. I could be wrong though
It wasn't a feeder when it first came on the scene. It wasn't making any money, though, so Cornette struck up a deal with Vince to make it one near the end of it's run.