PDA

View Full Version : Out of all the Indy Feds...

Mr. JL
03-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Out of all the Indy Feds, which company would you want to sign a TV deal? And why?

In my opinion, I'd really like to see NWA: TNA get a TV deal. Mostly because they seem to be the company that could actually run with it and appear to have the money to back it up. I love how they bring in random personalities from the world of wrestling... Sting, Terry Funk, Lex Luger, Vader, etc..

I also really enjoy most of their regular talents as well. Jarrett, Raven, Styles, AMW, Daniels, Low Ki, Michael Shane, Sabin, Punk, Killings annnnnnd so on.

Other companies (ROH, MLW, 3PW and etc...) seem to be in dire strengths and I'd question their financial backing. Especially since MLW is probally finished because of a financial corner stone backed out.

Ricky
03-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I quite like FWA.

Anyone know if they're gonna be on The Wrestling Channel?

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, they've been on plenty of times in the previews

Ricky
03-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Have they? I dunno as I can't actually get it (Telewest!), but I can just get a mate to tape anything good for me.

Funky Fly
03-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I want NWA: TNA to succeed, but from the sound of things, Double J has Triple H syndrome. That and, they don't have any significant star power. Many of their guys could be huge stars if they had some big stars to put them over.

There's also the Vince Russo issue. He is not good for wrestling.

version1piont0
03-07-2004, 12:10 AM
In burlington, nc there is a indy fed called the Carolina Wrestling Federation- Mid Atlantic. I could see them with a tv deal. they have great stars, grreat matches. ive never been disapionted. it was shown to me by a friend dating 1 of the wrestlers. they have the underdogs, the stars, women, managers, socko (long story). I would rather go to 1 of their shows for 6 or 7 dollars and get 3 or 4 hours worth of entertainment then nwa oe wwe. i may be biased b/c they let me be in a promo when they were on local television but hey, i was involved in a promo.

Iceman90
03-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I would say Stampede Wrestling.

Not only are they one of the oldest promotions still surviving, but they have good old technical wrestling displayed at every show.

Sure they don't have big names like former WCW, ECW and WWE castaways, but many of their stars have ties to The First Family Of Wrestling...The Hart Family.

British Bulldog (RIP)'s son Harry is their North American (highest title) Champion, and shows dedication and great matches every week.

I think we all owe it to The Hart Family to try and aquire at least one tape, or attend one of their events, because as Ed Whalen would say, they put on a "ring a dig-dong dandy" every week.