PDA

View Full Version : Could WWE ever go under?

Darwin Henderson
12-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Do you think that WWE will ever go under?
I dont think it will ever go under since it has got away with so much and can still make money

Jordan
12-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Well, I do know just about everything, and stuff.

Bad Guy
12-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Anything can go out of business. But Vince is a smart enough guy, it's when he's gone is when you'll have to worry.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-13-2003, 06:32 PM
That is Why the XFL did so good cause vince is so smart.

Bad Guy
12-13-2003, 06:35 PM
That is Why the XFL did so good cause vince is so smart.
Read your sentence again. XFL. Vince is wrestling. Nuff said.

RGWhat316
12-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Speaking of the XFL, I can't believe Vince made fun of himself during the Survivor Series commercial. WWE stars attacked XFL players and at the end Vince said "The WWE and football..................nah"

Mikey
12-13-2003, 06:54 PM
I thought that was funny as hell

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
12-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I can easily see it happening if Vince doesn't wisen up and stop doing whatever the hell he wants without worrying about the consequences, or what the fans want to see.

Mr. JL
12-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Nah! The WWWF... err the WWF (now WWE) has been around forever. I don't think it would ever go under. I believe that the WWE may lose viewers but that means that it will just become a smaller promotion than it is now. There are enough hardcore wrestling fans out there that will keep the company in business. The only way the WWE will go out of business is if they are dropped by TNN and UPN. Even if that were to happen McMahon would probally create his own wrestling channel. So either way the WWE is here to stay!

Kenny
12-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Do you think that WWE will ever go under?
I dont think it will ever go under since it has got away with so much and can still make money

Eventually the WWE will go under. If I can still a line from The Matrix...

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."

Big Fat Mike
12-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Eventually the WWE will go under. If I can still a line from The Matrix...

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end."
I am the one.

Big Fat Mike
12-13-2003, 09:47 PM
and I dont mean Billy Gunn, ****ers :rant:

Head
12-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Even if the WWE continues to **** up for a long time, Vince is still sitting on about $600 million, so the WWE can afford to lose money for years on end without having to go under.

Jordan
12-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Even if the WWE continues to **** up for a long time, Vince is still sitting on about $600 million, so the WWE can afford to lose money for years on end without having to go under.

Not really, it didn't take WCW long now did it? And they had TONS more money then the WWE.

Head
12-14-2003, 02:50 PM
WCW didn't go under, Turner decided they didn't want it any longer and sold it to the WWE.

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 03:12 PM
I am the one.

Woah <</>/uses up all my dialogue>

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 03:14 PM
WCW didn't go under, Turner decided they didn't want it any longer and sold it to the WWE.

So you're saying that Vince could never grow tired of losing money?

Head
12-14-2003, 03:27 PM
So you're saying that Vince could never grow tired of losing money?I said he wouldn't have to go under. Whether or not he wants bail out because the company is losing money is a diffrent story.

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I said he wouldn't have to go under. Whether or not he wants bail out because the company is losing money is a diffrent story.

And the end result would be...What exactly?

Head
12-14-2003, 03:33 PM
I don't think that the WWE would continue to lose money without bouncing back for a long enough amount of time to force them to go under, as I have stated.

StoneColdStunner
12-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't think WWE will go down, as it is a mighty company. They survived so much...and i just don't think it will happen.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-14-2003, 03:50 PM
There has always been up's and down's but it would have to be a hell of a Down to get rid of the wwe. unless they sell it and it goes shit because.

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Vince isn't stupid. As much as he might like to deny it, he IS in the wrestling business, and he does now how it all works. He might not be trying as hard at the moment, but if he was in serious trouble, I'm sure he could easily turn things around. His company didn't become so popular and famous for no reason.

No, but that reason doesn't necessarily have to be that Vince is a genius.

Rob
12-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Ricky - If Vince McMahon cas so easily turn the biz around, why did it take him 6 years to do it in the 90s and why have the ratings plummeted since he bought WCW with no signs of a rebirth anywhere?

WWE right now has something like $300 million cash reserves and is actually making money (amazingly!) so they won't die any time soon.

By the way, the WWF very nearly died in the 90's (more than once) so it's always possible.

Ricky
12-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Like I said, I believe it's because he just isn't trying as hard right now. It goes back to the argument about the WWE needing competition. There is no competition right now (apart from TNA, but they are on a different day plus don't even have a proper TV deal) and so he doesn't need to worry, because as far as he's concerned, the WWE is the number 1 company in the business.

Even when there is no competition, I still think that if the WWE was in SERIOUS trouble, they would be able to fix things. 1 thing I don't understand is why Vince hasn't given Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman jobs on the creative team. He likes them enough to give them a job, so why he won't let someone like Bischoff (who was the man that FORCED the WWF to revamp their product in the late 90's) help to make the company better, I have no idea. If the company was in deep trouble, I don't think Vince would be so stupid as to REFUSE to let Bischoff and Heyman help out, and let his company die, just for a stupid bit of pride. Bischoff and Heyman swollowed their pride by agreeing to work for Vince, I think it's about time Vince swollowed his. Although, that's just what I THINK should happen, and I think if in BIG TROUBLE, Vince would do it.

Why it orginally took Vince 6 years too fix things, I don't know. I'm not saying he can neccesarily do it himself, but he deffinately has the resources to make it happen. It's often argued that it was because of Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman that Vince came up with the "attitude" era. But if those 2, in particular Bischoff, were capable of provoking the WWE into improving their product before, then I don't see why it can't happen again, especially if they are working for him and their own jobs are at risk. But again, it all goes back to if Vince is wiling to swallow his pride and let it happen, and I'd like to think that if desparate, he would.

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 05:12 PM
So it's more likely that Vince is okay with losing money right now?

Rob
12-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Ricky let me just sum up all your queries about Vinnie Mac in one word - EGO.

Gertner
12-14-2003, 05:17 PM
i just don't see that happening. Maybe if the Wrestlers decide to unionize.

Rob
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
i just don't see that happening. Maybe if the Wrestlers decide to unionize.

:rofl: WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That was funnier than the Nash comments in the other post.

The CyNick
12-14-2003, 06:18 PM
If the WWE ever lost their TV contracts with Viacom/UPN they could be out of business in a very short amount of time.

Corkscrewed
12-15-2003, 01:18 AM
ANYTHING is possible in the WWE.

c4g2
12-15-2003, 03:53 AM
It may go down, if it has any decent competition that has money like Vinnie Mac... (Which is practically impossible)

Rob
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
If the WWE ever lost their TV contracts with Viacom/UPN they could be out of business in a very short amount of time.

They could but they wouldn't. WCW didn't even die when they got took off TV technically. They could last as a touring company for a while but certainly not for that long. The odds of them losing the Viacom deal are slim to none anyway and even if they did, they would get TV elsewhere almost instantly.

Kane Knight
12-15-2003, 04:04 PM
They could but they wouldn't. WCW didn't even die when they got took off TV technically. They could last as a touring company for a while but certainly not for that long. The odds of them losing the Viacom deal are slim to none anyway and even if they did, they would get TV elsewhere almost instantly.

You know what'd be funny? The WWE getting a contract with WE or Oxygen. :D

BigDaddyCool
12-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Yes I think WWE can go under. But the question is will it go under. There are a alot of ifs, ands, ors, buts, and other such things to the equaltion. But no, I don't think they will be going under any time soon.

The CyNick
12-15-2003, 05:59 PM

I dont think they are in any danger right now, but ratings could take another nose dive at any time. And as Mr Kellner has shown, the right person in the wrong position, and wrestling could be gone in an instant (well after their contract anyway).

As for other networks, I dont think there is that much interest in wrestling in the TV biz, if there was there would be another show by now on TV. I know the WWE has a much stronger following, but still I dont think it would be a guarantee they'd get another deal.

As for touring, I think if they lost TV they'd out of business as a national product in no time. They do that well at house shows as it is with so much TV, imagine how bad it would be without that promotion.