PDA

View Full Version : So Sean Taylor Passed away this morning

Splaya
11-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I'll get the story up and his dates up soon.

Discuss :'(

Evil Vito
11-27-2007, 07:39 AM
<font color=goldenrod>R.I.P</font> :(

RP
11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfBxF6y77zU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfBxF6y77zU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Crimson
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Fuckin sucks...hopefully they catch the motherfucker.

So sad though..RIP

Kris P Lettus
11-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't think this was some random thing.. As I said yesterday in the NFL thread, why do these millionaire athletes still get into shit like this?? Once you're a millionaire, you should leave that thug shit behind..

Way too young though..

RIP

RP
11-27-2007, 02:50 PM
If i was a millionaire i'd build a wall around myself with like, lots of cool things.

RP
11-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Sitting in the ghetto thinking bout....All my homies passed away!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think this was some random thing.. As I said yesterday in the NFL thread, why do these millionaire athletes still get into shit like this?? Once you're a millionaire, you should leave that thug shit behind..

Way too young though..

RIP
Or it could just be the fact that people know he is rich and where after his shit? Somebody tried breaking into his house earlier in the week so who really knows. Plus from the story Taylor pulled out a weapon to defend himself and then was shot in the leg, to me it seems like the people who broke in weren't trying to kill him. (Usually don't aim for someone's leg while you are trying to kill them) Maybe they just wanted to bring the guns as intimidation and got spooked when Taylor pulled a knife on them. Plus I think he's had one incident back in like 2005 that was involving guns and shit. From all reports he had grown up a bit the past 2 years so alls I'm saying is you could very well be right, but you can't really make assumptions that it was 'thug related' when there is currently nothing pointing in that direction.

Even if it was related to something else, take a look at our society, if you leave that thug shit behind you are seen as a bitch and a sell out. It's easy for me as a middle class kid from the suburbs to tell somebody to leave your troubled past behind but for other people its probably not so easy.

D Mac
11-27-2007, 03:12 PM
RIP

Mercury Bullet
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Way too young, and too full of promise. Sounds like he had left all that behind is the saddest thing. He finally gets out of that lifestyle and still winds up dead.

R.I.P.

Kris P Lettus
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Or it could just be the fact that people know he is rich and where after his shit? Somebody tried breaking into his house earlier in the week so who really knows. Plus from the story Taylor pulled out a weapon to defend himself and then was shot in the leg, to me it seems like the people who broke in weren't trying to kill him. (Usually don't aim for someone's leg while you are trying to kill them) Maybe they just wanted to bring the guns as intimidation and got spooked when Taylor pulled a knife on them. Plus I think he's had one incident back in like 2005 that was involving guns and shit. From all reports he had grown up a bit the past 2 years so alls I'm saying is you could very well be right, but you can't really make assumptions that it was 'thug related' when there is currently nothing pointing in that direction.

Even if it was related to something else, take a look at our society, if you leave that thug shit behind you are seen as a bitch and a sell out. It's easy for me as a middle class kid from the suburbs to tell somebody to leave your troubled past behind but for other people its probably not so easy.

He got shot in the groin and nothing happened to his girl or his baby.. The statement from his lawyer said this was a "deliberate" act.. To me, that sounds like something personal.. Dudes shoot guys below the waist to shoot them without getting charged with attempted murder.. The fact that he got shot in the groin leads me to believe it was someone who knew him who was trying to "send a message".. His past with guns and assault just backs up those thoughts..

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just saying the whole situation looks like a personal attack to me.. Once more info comes out, like what was taken etc, maybe my opinion will change.. But sadly, we will prolly never hear anything eles about it, whether they find the shooter or not..

Kris P Lettus
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, his fiancee's statement says something like "I woke up because I heard someone trying to get into the house.. I got my baby and hid under the covers.. They broke in the door, came in, and shot him.."

Sounds like they did what they came into the house to do..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Never know, somebody could have tried to send a message since he was cutting his 'thug' ties and they didn't like it or something.

Nobody will ever know and I highly doubt they will ever catch who ever did this. They have no suspects what so ever

Kris P Lettus
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it's a bad situation.. Thing is, when he got a scholarship to a huge division 1A school (Miami) he should've started getting away from that life.. It's obvious he didn't due to that gun/assault thing from '05..

RIP either way..

VonErichLives
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
some interesting notes.

they broke in like a week ago and left a knife on his pillow

they cut the phone lines which may have also most likely deactivated the alarm system, but I would think the alarm company would have responded (Hero would know better how that works)

his father is a police chief or captin

They were talking on the radio how a lot of athletes grow up in poor/gang related areas and the gangs see a great athletic talent and will protect him and when/if he gets famous they come back to the athlete expecting to be taken care of.

Gonzo
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I've read that the phone lines were not cut, just malfunctioning and that the alarm system was not on at the time of the break in.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, it's a bad situation.. Thing is, when he got a scholarship to a huge division 1A school (Miami) he should've started getting away from that life.. It's obvious he didn't due to that gun/assault thing from '05..

RIP either way..Was he really in that life though? His dad is the Police Chief of Miami City and he had one pistol whipping incident during a fight at a night club. I don't know the whole story but I don't think he was that bad off growing up if his father was a police chief. Plus it's not like he was Pacman Jones getting questioned in murder trials and things like that. The media is trying to spin it like he was some sort of thug or something, bringing up all the money he was fined for while playing, when in reality a good portion of that was due to uniform violations (which is I think is 5G every infraction) and the only "nasty" thing he did was spit in Michael Pittman's face, which I agree is pretty messed up but that was like Bill Romanowski's trademark and I don't think anyone thought he was a gang banger lol

Kris P Lettus
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Was he really in that life though? His dad is the Police Chief of Miami City and he had one pistol whipping incident during a fight at a night club.

You say that like it happens to everyone.. Have you ever pistol whipped someone at a nightclub, Michael??

Truthfully I was thinking/saying this way before the media got on it.. It just seems that it was a personal shooting, not some random break in..

Supposedly he grew up in a nicer area and went to a private HS.. I'm just saying that millionaire athletes, who are in the public eye, and are role models shouldn't get caught up in "thug" shit.. It's stupid for me to go out to a bar and pistol whip someone (it's illegal to even take a gun into anywhere that serves alcohol), but it's fucking retarded for someone in his position to do it..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh it was definitely retarded to pistol whip somebody but when you are a celebrity people wanna be associated with you for some reason (never really understood this, they aren't any different/better than anyone else) thus people then get jealous of shit like that when they see you out. Again not justifying the pistol whipping incident but I can definitely see how something like that can break out. I don't see how that one incident matters now though since it seemed pretty isolated. I do agree that this seemed like a personalized attack but I dunno how 'thug shit' jumps right out at you since he seemed to stay pretty clear of criminal behavior recently.

I remember Paul Pierce got stabbed in the face at a night club in Boston because some guys from a local rap group wanted to show that they where the "kings of Boston" so who really knows what the motivates were for this.

Again I just think its unfair to Taylor to assume he had some responsibility in this when there has been no type of evidence supporting it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Just saw this on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378

Kind of what I figured

Kris P Lettus
11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Why did he not move from Miami??

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-29-2007, 12:26 AM
I dunno, maybe he didn't want them to dictate his life or something. Plus that's where he's from, and its kinda like a brotherhood with everyone from Miami going back to The U and train and shit. If it was that bad though I'd find it hard to want to stay

VonErichLives
11-29-2007, 03:13 AM
I've read that the phone lines were not cut, just malfunctioning and that the alarm system was not on at the time of the break in.

we'll have to see the report because I've also read they were cut...

a better question is, if he just had a breakin where someone left a knife on his pillow, why wasn't his alarm on?

I remember Paul Pierce got stabbed in the face at a night club in Boston because some guys from a local rap group wanted to show that they where the "kings of Boston" so who really knows what the motivates were for this.

If I recall it also had something to do w/ Pierce hitting on one of the gang members girlfriends and after being told who she was and with not caring...

I remember also that 2 celtics drove him to the hospital rather then wait for an ambulence (the closest hospital to that club is a few blocks) that decision probably saved his life.

Crimson
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
4 guys have been arrested with more than 1 confession. Pretty young guys too like 17-20. So that's good news seems like they caught those losers.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Pretty nuts, heard it had something to do with all his wealth however I don't get why they didn't take anything. I wonder if my first thought was kind of right, getting spooked by him having a machete in his hand when they busted through the door

Londoner
12-03-2007, 04:47 AM
This is sad, i dont wish to pass judgment as i don't know the full story, but stuff like this makes me sick. RIP