PDA

View Full Version : Rest Holds... (May contain SD Spoilers)

Xero
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
So I just watched Punk vs. Dykstra... They had a five minute match, two to two and a half minutes of those five minutes was Dykstra working Punk's arm in an arm lock. Are you fucking serious?

I understand if they're setting up an angle (none which I saw, Punk really wasn't selling it much afterwards either) or if it's a fairly long match, but putting a two minute rest hold in a fucking 5 minute match is stupid booking.

So am I missing something here or have matches really gotten this bad? (Keep in mind that I only watch RAW regularly and skip a lot of it.)

The Naitch
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Randy Orton has some competition now

thedamndest
11-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought Punk sold it pretty well. He held it during the match and then right afterwards he tore the tape off that arm.

Also, Orton is Flair's ideal opponent due to the sheer amount of rest holds he uses.

Kane Knight
11-30-2007, 10:32 PM
You just don't understand real wrestling.

Blue Demon
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM
:lol: :wtf:

Xero
11-30-2007, 10:44 PM
You just don't understand real wrestling.

I understand CZW quite well.

FourFifty
12-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Didn't watch SmackDown tonight. I was too busy losing a Magic tournment, but how was the Edge/Batista match?

.44 Magdalene
12-01-2007, 05:18 AM
I, too, was losing a Magic tournament.

By disqualification.

By not going to one.

.44 Magdalene
NEEEEEEEEEEERD

.44 Magdalene
...Just kidding, I was playing Dungeons & Dragons.

Kane Knight
12-01-2007, 10:24 AM
...Just kidding, I was playing Dungeons & Dragons.

So....What level Dungeon Master are you?

Jura
12-01-2007, 11:33 AM
My name is Orton and I like to rest *cue music*.

.44 Magdalene
12-01-2007, 11:40 AM
So....What level Dungeon Master are you?

DUNGEON MASHTERSH DON'T HAVE LEVELSH

SNORT SNORT, GUFFAW

Yeah, though. Randy vs Kenny would be gold.

...And by gold I mean brown.

Kane Knight
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah, though. Randy vs Kenny would be gold.

...And by gold I mean brown.

I almost cut out the wrong lines, and I would sound kind of odd talking about Randy Orton in respond to the D&D comments.

...I'm going to blame it on the fact that I'm ill, and probably should go lie back down.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, think about the economy, though. And I don't mean whether or not the dollar is strong on the international market, but we could get all our rest holds in during one convenient segment.

(Insert RoH joke here)

Outsider
12-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Punk sold the arm thing really well. Kept holding it and ripped the tape off after the match. Even kept moving his fingers while doing other stuff. Good stuff from Mr Punk.

JT
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
So ECW guys wrestle regularly on Smackdown now?

Sorry...I don't watch Smackdown so I wouldn't really know.

Jeritron
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
I find it pretty amusing that Kenny Dykstra faced a "world" champion and got a move in. If it was the World or WWE champ, they'd probably grapple, get whipped into the corner and then turn around into the finisher for the squash.

Thats assuming Orton or Batista know those first 2 moves

Londoner
12-02-2007, 12:50 AM
The matches sometimes are that bad...they're trying to m,ake it look like 'real' wrestling but it just comes off as pointless the way they're doing it, and its showing that the people in charge of this shit dunno wtf they're doing.

KYR
12-02-2007, 06:46 AM
DUNGEON MASHTERSH DON'T HAVE LEVELSH

SNORT SNORT, GUFFAW

Thought I was in BDC's Warrior thread for a minute :lol:

KingofOldSchool
12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Punk sold the arm thing really well. Kept holding it and ripped the tape off after the match. Even kept moving his fingers while doing other stuff. Good stuff from Mr Punk.

Punk, IMO, is one of the best sellers in the company.

Kane Knight
12-02-2007, 09:57 AM
So ECW guys wrestle regularly on Smackdown now?

Sorry...I don't watch Smackdown so I wouldn't really know.

They did this huge KAYFABE news article a while back on how the GMs of both brands (Estrada and Vickie?) had come to an agreement where wrestlers from either brand could wrestle on either brand.

I find it pretty amusing that Kenny Dykstra faced a "world" champion and got a move in. If it was the World or WWE champ, they'd probably grapple, get whipped into the corner and then turn around into the finisher for the squash.

Thats assuming Orton or Batista know those first 2 moves

Yeah, but the ECW title is the Velocity World Title, and thus, worthy of the jobber holding it getting his ass kicked a little. Just think--If Chris Benoit were alive for two more days, he would have been Champion of a show almost as big as the one Stevie Richards GM'ed.

...No wonder he hung himself.