PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think was the segment that revolutionized the Attitude Era

Splaya
12-07-2007, 01:44 AM
This is a little based off LC's thread about the NWO. I've been watching a lot of Raw's recently on Dailymotion.com.

So discuss

The Naitch
12-07-2007, 02:10 AM
-Beer bath

Jeritron
12-07-2007, 03:39 AM
There were a lot of big ones that cold easily get the nod for "greatest" or "most memorale" moment, that came after the attitude era was full fledged.

But I think either the segment at MSG where Austin first stunned Vince or the segment with Tyson and Austin going at it was the segment that revolutionized Raw and got the ball rolling.

Skull316
12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
For me, it'd have to be Austin driving the zamboni to the ring and attacking McMahon during undertaker and kane's title ceremony.

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure if there was ever one single segement that revolutionized the Era. But the watershed moment when things started to change was the Monteral Screwjob. That got most of the gears going. Also Stone Cold fued with the Nation was pretty epic.

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh, and Stone Cold beating the nation up on his truck.

Hmmm, most of this has to do with stone cold and vehicles.

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
And now that I spam...I mean think about it, it was pretty poetic when Rikishi ran over Austin with as much as Austin has used vehicles as weapon against his opponets.

Chuck Jones
12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Probably the Montreal Screwjob.

Innovator
12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Austin beating the shit out of Bret Hart. Bret being wheeled into an ambulance and Austin waiting inside it.

owenbrown
12-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I still wish there was video of where Austin threw the IC belt into a river after he forfeited it to The Rock.

Heyman
12-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure if there was any ONE segment that revolutionized the Attitude Era, but here are two that stick out in my mind...........

1) Foley winning the title.....Austin's face pop: I still amazes me how LOUD Austin's face pop was when the glass shattered that night. IMO - That right there may have been the most ENTHUSIASTIC face pop of all-time. Good god Austin was so over.

2) Wrestlemania 17 - Austin vs. Rock. IMO - the very last day of what we be known as "the attitude era." The PPV up to the point had been nothing short of spectacular, but the face pop Austin received that night was beyond amazing. The Texan crowd as awesome. I don't think even management expected the fans to be so one-sided towards Austin. Every time The Rock laid a finger on Austin, 68,000+ fans booed the living shit out of him!

My post doesn't really have much to do with the thread, but I just wanted to mention it.