PDA

View Full Version : Special ROH DVDs hitting stores

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 03:56 AM
From the ROH Forums:

Ring Of Honor and KOCH Vision have reached an agreement to release a series of exclusive ROH DVDs. The first two DVDs are set for an April 1st release in retail outlets nationwide.

"Blood Stained Honor" and "Stars Of Honor" will be the first two releases. Both DVDs will be 180+ minutes and feature new commentary tracks on some classic matches. As a bonus the packaging will include a ROH limited edition trading card. There will be six cards total. The suggested retail price will be $14.98.

"This is an exciting opportunity for Ring Of Honor," ROH President Cary Silkin said. "This will make the ROH product very accessible to a whole new audience. We are very proud of both these DVDs and feel they will be great for any new or longtime ROH fan."

"Blood Stained Honor" will feature the violent side of ROH with some of the most crimson covered contests in ROH history. The match listing has:

-Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe in a Steel Cage - 3/13/04 (features new commentary)
-The Second City Saints (CM Punk and Ace Steel) vs. the Prophecy (Dan Maff
and BJ Whitmer) in a Chicago Street Fight - 7/24/04 (features new commentary)
-CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave in a Dog Collar match - 5/07/05
-Generation Next (Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans, and Matt Sydal)
vs. The Embassy (Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, Abyss, and Prince Nana) in Steel
Cage Warfare - 12/3/05
-Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Ghetto Street Fight - 2/25/06
-Team ROH (Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, and BJ Whitmer) vs. Team CZW (Chris Hero,
Super Dragon, and Necro Butcher) - 4/22/06
-Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a Windy City Death Match - 2/24/07
-Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe in a Boston Street Fight - 8/10/07

"Stars Of Honor" looks at how some of wrestling best known names fared in ROH. When pro wrestlers want to showcase their skills with no restrictions and limitations they come to ROH. "Stars Of Honor" will feature:

-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk - 12/4/04 (features new commentary)
-Homicide vs. Antonio "MVP" Banks - 2/19/05 (features new commentary)
-James (Noble) Gibson vs. Roderick Strong - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
-Bryan Danielson vs. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
-Matt Hardy vs. Homicide - 8/12/05
-Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong - 8/13/05
-Christopher Daniels vs. Christian Cage - 7/29/06
-Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki and Homicide - 8/13/05
Bonus material:
-The History of Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk
-Larry Sweeney confronts Bruno Sammartino
-Mick Foley and CM Punk promo

We'll have more details in the upcoming months as new ROH DVDs hit a retail store near you!!!

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm a little disappointed that neither of those DVDs has Paul London featured. His 2/3 Falls Match with Bryan Danielson, and Street Fight against Michael Shane were pretty fucking awesome.

Vastardikai
12-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Notable Omission: Jeff Hardy vs. Joey Matthews (Mercury) vs. Krazy K.

:shifty:

What Would Kevin Do?
12-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Didn't they boo Jeff Hardy out of the building, and chanted "Don't come back"?

Although I've heard the MVP/Homicide match isn't that great..
And I wonder why they choice the Cabana Vs Homicide they did... I would have went with the Chicago Sreet fight from Supercard of Honor.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2007, 03:00 AM

And I wonder why they choice the Cabana Vs Homicide they did... I would have went with the Chicago Sreet fight from Supercard of Honor.

He certainly did not get the love that Matt Hardy did. Of course, Jeff Hardy could not wrestle nearly as well as Matt Hardy at this point in his career.

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Spanky! :love:

Innovator
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
The Joe/Lethal vs. Rottweiler match was solid, and had a great brawl at the end, featuring a Double Stomp off the bleachers

Chuck Jones
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I like the idea of The Stars of Honor DVD having guys the WWE fans can recognize. That is probably why they included the MVP/Homicide Match.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Punk/Raven Dog Collar match. One of the best booked matches I've seen, and the post match stuff was amazing (Punk ties Raven to the ropes, attempts to pour beer down hisn throat and force him off the wagon, Dreamer runs in, helps Raven, they end their feud, and give "that prude" CM Punk his first taste of beer while he is tied to the ropes).

Innovator
12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
They should have put the Punk/Raven Dog Collar in there instead, and if they wanted a match with Punk/Rave, they should have put in the cage match from a week later.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I like the idea of The Stars of Honor DVD having guys the WWE fans can recognize. That is probably why they included the MVP/Homicide Match.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Punk/Raven Dog Collar match. One of the best booked matches I've seen, and the post match stuff was amazing (Punk ties Raven to the ropes, attempts to pour beer down hisn throat and force him off the wagon, Dreamer runs in, helps Raven, they end their feud, and give "that prude" CM Punk his first taste of beer while he is tied to the ropes).

They could have made some changes for the better, this Dog Collar Match being one of them. WWE fans would recognise CM Punk and Tommy Dreamer, and they're even on the same show now. It is a bit of an eye-opener, as some fans would not realise the interaction they had before the WWE, and might begin to look into more ROH because of these developments that contrast from what the WWE has told them. A lot of fans would recognise Raven, as well. The feud had a great story, too.

I really would have included some Paul London stuff if I were them. The Street Fight against Michael Shane, his fareweel match against Samoa Joe, the 2/3 Falls Match against Bryan Danielson, and even a match or two pitting him against his WWE tag team partner.

I think the Stars of Honor DVD is a great idea, because it gets a lot of guys who are recogniseable, and slaps them on the DVD cover, and helps ROH get some fans who might have thought of it as a nobody's league.

I'm not sure if Eddie Guerrero ever wrestled a match with ROH, but I know he's done some appearances with them. He could help them sell the DVD, and earn some credibility. I would love if there was some kind of documentary feature, that talked about some of these guys, and what they did for ROH before they went on to other things.

Just looking at the guys that have worked in ROH, they could have done this DVD a lot better than what it looks like. Hopefully they make a few slight changes, if it's not too late, and really get this DVD up to scratch, so if I saw it in my store (it is unlikely Australia would get them, though), then I would snap it up embarrassment of following a carny industry aside.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I realise that you were probably talking about including Punk/Raven in the Blood Stained Honor set, but I think it would be an even more worthy addition for the Stars of Honor set.

Vastardikai
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM

Put it this way, Matthews was the heel of the match, and was cheered by default. Jeff was booed because he was fucked up out of his skull. Krazy K was booed because he sucks more dick than Pat Patterson and Missy Hyatt COMBINED. He's also a lousy wrestler.