PDA

View Full Version : So I've never understood...

Nark Order
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
How WWE can be such bastards about RAW/Smackdown clips being on youtube or other interenet sources when they make them so unavailable to watch. There are so many classic TV clips that never make it to DVD or any other tpye of available media for us to buy. How else are we to watch it other than the one time it airs? Can somebody with a better understanding of this logic please explain this to me?

thedamndest
12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I think they've kinda lightened up lately compared to when youtube first started getting big. Some clips on there blatantly say WWE or the wrestlers name and have been on for months.

Loose Cannon
12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
yea, it's not that bad anymore. anything in particular you want? I'll see if I have it.

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
So...They're choosing to protect their intellectual properties. Where's the problem?

Nark Order
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
yea, it's not that bad anymore. anything in particular you want? I'll see if I have it.

I'll have to think about it now that I'm on the spot. Matches that Come to mind are:

It think it was a Fatal Four ladder match on Smackdown between Benoit/Jericho vs Hardys vs E&C vs Dudleys

Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy in a ladder match for the World Championship on RAW

Owen Hart vs Rocky Maivia for IC strap on RAW

The first appearance of ECW on RAW (like 1996-1998. forgot what year)

British Bulldog and Owen Hart vs HBK and SCSA on RAW for tag belts (I do realize that this was on the RAW dvd)

The Battle Royal Eddie won on Smackdown to get him a wwe title match. It came down to him and Kurt.

The Evolution turns on Orton

There's prolly more I'm not thinking about

Nark Order
12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Found the evo turn actually

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-brvRgzhbEY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-brvRgzhbEY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Loose Cannon
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
well I got all of them (some are parts of it) but the problem is they are all on VHS tapes. I dunno how to get them on to You Tube

Sepholio
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
wow, I forgot how much that evo turn ruled. Orton did an amazing job selling tha whole segment.

RVDmark
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
So...They're choosing to protect their intellectual properties. Where's the problem?

I agree KK, but the reason Vince and co, don't like their video's being on YouTube and other video sites is because they think (I believe wrongly but thats for debate elsewhere) its loses them money. I mean if you have just watched yesterdays PPV (for example) you are not likely to go buy it.

However, there are a lot of segments / matches / promo's / video's that there is no way of purchasing or viewing without seeing them on Youtube and the like.

What is basically being said here is that yes, Youtube and others a illegal and illegitimate, but if Vince gave us the option to buy those video's we (or at least certain people) would pay for them. And I agree, if Vince wants all these video's removed he could at least put the original ones up to buy. I've had the same argument with the BBC before when they released 3 radio shows I listen to onto CD but then only put 4 / 6 of the episodes on the discs with no plans to release the other episodes.

To take it back on topic, how many people here have mentioned that they would like buy all the RAW episodes from various years. That could make a stack of money for Vince / WWE but there is still no sign of it happening.

This isn't limited to WWE though. At the minute both the Music and Film industries are coming to terms with the internet and need to take full advantage. I'm sure it will happen eventually even Fox has some On-Demand stuff now (Family Guy, House, American dad to name a few).

Just wait for the media to catch up with the rest of the world and it will alll start happening..

Jordan
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
That was a bad ass clip

Sepholio
12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
well I got all of them (some are parts of it) but the problem is they are all on VHS tapes. I dunno how to get them on to You Tube

You need a TV capture card with RCA cable (the red, yellow, white triple cable commonly used for A/V components) input jacks. Just hook your VCR to the input, plug in the tape and play it and set your computer to record the video-in channel.

Nark Order
12-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree KK, but the reason Vince and co, don't like their video's being on YouTube and other video sites is because they think (I believe wrongly but thats for debate elsewhere) its loses them money. I mean if you have just watched yesterdays PPV (for example) you are not likely to go buy it.

However, there are a lot of segments / matches / promo's / video's that there is no way of purchasing or viewing without seeing them on Youtube and the like.

What is basically being said here is that yes, Youtube and others a illegal and illegitimate, but if Vince gave us the option to buy those video's we (or at least certain people) would pay for them. And I agree, if Vince wants all these video's removed he could at least put the original ones up to buy. I've had the same argument with the BBC before when they released 3 radio shows I listen to onto CD but then only put 4 / 6 of the episodes on the discs with no plans to release the other episodes.

To take it back on topic, how many people here have mentioned that they would like buy all the RAW episodes from various years. That could make a stack of money for Vince / WWE but there is still no sign of it happening.

This isn't limited to WWE though. At the minute both the Music and Film industries are coming to terms with the internet and need to take full advantage. I'm sure it will happen eventually even Fox has some On-Demand stuff now (Family Guy, House, American dad to name a few).

Just wait for the media to catch up with the rest of the world and it will alll start happening..

More or less my arguement. If WWE sold RAW/Smackdown DVD sets I would buy them, but they don't and are very protective of footage that is extremely hard to see without illegally doing so.

Loose Cannon
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
yea, but what kind of file does it become on your computer? is it something I can upload on You Tube?

Sepholio
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
yea, but what kind of file does it become on your computer? is it something I can upload on You Tube?

Depending on the capture card/program you are using, you can probably set it to record to any of the major formats of video, most likely .mpg or .avi, which I am sure will work on YouTube.

Loose Cannon
12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
yea, I'm good with those types. ok, didn't know you can set them to play whatever format you want. I'll have to purchase one soon then

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM

tl;dr

Nark Order
12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
tl;dr

Better than the usual KK comeback, I guess.

Kane Knight
12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Better than the usual KK comeback, I guess.You really shouldn't talk. :yes: