12-10-2007, 11:22 PM
No, he had a Diet Pepsi.

And Regal had a Coke.

SuperSlim
12-10-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah Punk would never break character

Mister Sinister
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I swore it was a Miller Lite can, I mean I saw Regal with the Coke Can and all, but I'm going to take your word for it.

KingofOldSchool
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Well I saw the Pepsi logo on the can when he was in the ring.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
LOL, I read about this. A report claimed he was drinking a beer. I'm pretty sure that Punk would not be stupid enough to drink a beer in the middle of the ring, completely shattering any character he had.

But seriously, Regal vs. Punk, Coke vs. Pepsi, Mentor vs. Student. Book it. Move Regal to ECW in the role Chris Benoit was meant to have before he gave Nancy Germans, and have Ted DiBiase use his finances to bribe Vince into giving him the RAW General Manager position. Or fuck, have Mick Foley do it.

Skippord
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Regal would kill his family though

the ECW veteran curse

Vastardikai
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Regal would Headbutt his family though

the ECW veteran curse

Evil Vito
12-11-2007, 12:27 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Just got home.

That show fucking ruled. I sat right next to the pyro, I'm fucking deaf.

Not sure if it was said anywhere else but for KOOS especially: Steve Corino wrestled a dark match, jobbing to D.H. Smith</font>

Splaya
12-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Your crowd seemed horribly dead

Funky Fly
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
lol doubt that was a beer.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Regal would kill his family though

the ECW veteran curse

CM Punk can just make that part of his Straight Edge thing, though:

No drinking.
No smoking.
No drugs.
No family murdering.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Then when he turns heel:

No drinking.
No smoking.
No drugs.
<s>No</s> family murdering.

Evil Vito
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah the crowd seemed depressingly dead at times...which sucked. But the show still ruled.

Sooooo glad I didn't look at spoilers beforehand. I double taked when RVD's music hit</font>

Bad Company
12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
I didn't see it, but if if it was with Austin wouldn't it of been non alcoholic?

Skippord
12-11-2007, 01:55 AM
CM Punk can just make that part of his Straight Edge thing, though:

No drinking.
No smoking.
No drugs.
No family murdering.

Then when he turns heel:

No drinking.
No smoking.
No drugs.
<s>No</s> family murdering.
That would be the greatest thing to ever happen

KingofOldSchool
12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Just got home.

That show fucking ruled. I sat right next to the pyro, I'm fucking deaf.

Not sure if it was said anywhere else but for KOOS especially: Steve Corino wrestled a dark match, jobbing to D.H. Smith</font>

Yeah heard about that, I guess he was auditioning for an agent position.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
LOL, I read about this. A report claimed he was drinking a beer. I'm pretty sure that Punk would not be stupid enough to drink a beer in the middle of the ring, completely shattering any character he had.

It would get him over with the sXe crowd even more....

Innovator
12-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I got a thumbs up from Edge during the whole celebration

Khali, Umaga, and Orton were pouring beer all over one of the strippers

KingofOldSchool
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I got a thumbs up from Edge during the whole celebration

What were you doing to warrant Edge acknowledging you?

Khali, Umaga, and Orton were pouring beer all over one of the strippers

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Innovator
12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Chanting Edge, he did a small Hogan hand to ear

Innovator
12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Being only at 10-15 feet away from the ring....holy jesus the camera doesn't do Maria and Trish justice

Theo Dious
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
I think Regal was probably the only guy in that ring to remain 100% in character during the ending. I loved how he was just holding his can kind of nodding vaguely to the crowd.

Evil Vito
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Being only at 10-15 feet away from the ring....holy jesus the camera doesn't do Maria and Trish justice

<font color=goldenrod>Amen....all I could do was stare as they came down the ramp. The ho that had all the beer poured on her was hot as fuck too.

When Triple H threw his water bottle, it landed behind the last row and I definitely got splattered by it. :cool:

After matches, I noticed the loser usually exited stage right rather than up the ramp so they all walked right behind me. Was pretty cool seeing everyone up close...I noticed during the battle royal, DH Smith was standing back there watching (prolly to see Neidhart) and I'm pretty sure Trish was there too.

And it was funny when the lights went out for Taker to exit...they came back on and you just see Taker sprinting past us to try and get out of sight.</font> :lol:

Innovator
12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah I laughed seeing Taker power walk backstage

I'm giving props to Khali for getting one girl to show nip

St. Jimmy
12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Corino wrestled a dark match? Fucking A!

Splaya
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
from wrestleview.com this morning

The "Straight Edge" superstar C.M. Punk drank, which is a big mistake obviously since it doesnt follow his gimmick.

Innovator
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Corino wrestled a dark match? Fucking A!
Yeah I loved walking to my seat, looking at the ring and seeing Corino there.

Looked good too.

Innovator
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Amen....all I could do was stare as they came down the ramp. The ho that had all the beer poured on her was hot as fuck too.

When Triple H threw his water bottle, it landed behind the last row and I definitely got splattered by it. :cool:

After matches, I noticed the loser usually exited stage right rather than up the ramp so they all walked right behind me. Was pretty cool seeing everyone up close...I noticed during the battle royal, DH Smith was standing back there watching (prolly to see Neidhart) and I'm pretty sure Trish was there too.

And it was funny when the lights went out for Taker to exit...they came back on and you just see Taker sprinting past us to try and get out of sight. :lol:When the t-shirt guy fired at the bullseye sign, it fell to the floor and my friend grabbed it and started celebrating, I looked over and saw a girl who missed it crying her eyes out. I convinced my friend to give it to her

I sat where you were at the RAW where Batista turned on HHH and Flair, and a lot of the guys were standing back there

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
from wrestleview.com this morning

The "Straight Edge" superstar C.M. Punk drank, which is a big mistake obviously since it doesnt follow his gimmick. He DRANK?

OMG. With detail like that, it MUST be true!

Innovator
12-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Whoever posted that better watch out because THE Matt Boone will not stand for competition

TerranRich
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Isn't it more than just his character? Isn't he straight edge IRL too?

Innovator
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
From PWInsider.com...you know a little bit better than wrestleview.com

A number of readers sent word that CM Punk was seen drinking a Lite beer at the end of Raw, which would go against his straight edge gimmick/lifestyle. I only set my DVR to record to 11:15 so I didn't see it but I asked Buck and he said it could have been a Pepsi that Punk was drinking. Even if it was a Lite beer, does that really count as alcohol? Seriously, if he was put in the position due it being Austin's gimmick, he was kind of stuck.

Addendum: A few minutes after posting this story, Chris Ogryski sent this. ... I thought the same thing as many readers did, that it looked like Punk was drinking a Miller Lite. But after seeing William Regal with a Coke in his hand I watched carefully and could see the Pepsi logo on the can in Punk's hand.

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Isn't it more than just his character? Isn't he straight edge IRL too?

Well, he's supposed to be, but since Straight Edge generally means "lying sack of shit...."

Let me clarify. I have no problem with people who don't drink, don't do drugs, etc. It's just that the people who most proactively champion that they don't, are the ones who do it the most. You know, like the religious folks are always the ones complaining about homosexuality and pedophilia, and then get caught with their hand down some little boy's pants? Or taking a shot in the mouth in a men's room stall?

From PWInsider.com...you know a little bit better than wrestleview.com

A number of readers sent word that CM Punk was seen drinking a Lite beer at the end of Raw, which would go against his straight edge gimmick/lifestyle. I only set my DVR to record to 11:15 so I didn't see it but I asked Buck and he said it could have been a Pepsi that Punk was drinking. Even if it was a Lite beer, does that really count as alcohol? Seriously, if he was put in the position due it being Austin's gimmick, he was kind of stuck.

Addendum: A few minutes after posting this story, Chris Ogryski sent this. ... I thought the same thing as many readers did, that it looked like Punk was drinking a Miller Lite. But after seeing William Regal with a Coke in his hand I watched carefully and could see the Pepsi logo on the can in Punk's hand.

Okay, ignoring the addendum, that shit was funny.

First off, If he was handed a beer, refusing it would be the way to go. Second, miller lite is the example that was given in the ABV, and Miller Lite is 4.4% ABV. That counts as consuming alcohol. None of this "Does it really count" shit.

*Cue some foreigner making a crack about how weak our beer is, anyway*

#BROKEN Hasney
12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, he's supposed to be, but since Straight Edge generally means "lying sack of shit...."

Let me clarify. I have no problem with people who don't drink, don't do drugs, etc. It's just that the people who most proactively champion that they don't, are the ones who do it the most. You know, like the religious folks are always the ones complaining about homosexuality and pedophilia, and then get caught with their hand down some little boy's pants? Or taking a shot in the mouth in a men's room stall?

Okay, ignoring the addendum, that shit was funny.

First off, If he was handed a beer, refusing it would be the way to go. Second, miller lite is the example that was given in the ABV, and Miller Lite is 4.4% ABV. That counts as consuming alcohol. None of this "Does it really count" shit.

*Cue some foreigner making a crack about how weak our beer is, anyway*

It's not drinking? I'm gonna buy a Coors for work tomorrow

Innovator
12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
If you get in trouble, just blame Dave Scherer

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
It's not drinking? I'm gonna buy a Coors for work tomorrow

:y: Godspeed. And if you get pulled over for DUI, or fired from work, tell them "no WAI! I'm str8 edg!"

KingofOldSchool
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah that would be pretty fucking stupid for them to allow him to drink a beer like that. I mean especially considering how they are whoring him out to every media outlet to show them that "hey, not every wrestler abuses their bodies every night!"

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah that would be pretty fucking stupid for them to allow him to drink a beer like that. I mean especially considering how they are whoring him out to every media outlet to show them that "hey, not every wrestler abuses their bodies every night!"

Which is stupid in the first place, since he looks like he partied harder than Eddie.

KingofOldSchool
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Which is stupid in the first place, since he looks like he partied harder than Eddie.

Yeah but then again looks can be deceiving, after all look at Funaki. He doesn't seem like he would be a Wellness Policy violator, but sure enough he is.

Not to mention, who else could they give to the media? Just about everyone else looks like they are on the juice and/or have already been busted for drugs before.

I actually look like I party non-stop, as well. Doesn't mean I do (I'm probably more true to the "staight edge" lifestyle than Punk is without actually announcing it to the world), I'm just generally sleep deprived. He may suffer the same infliction I do. But who really knows other than Punk?

I'm not going to sit here and say that he really is "sXe" or he's just posing. I think the whole sXe shit is dumb, but that is just my opinion. If he really is true to the whole no alcohol, no drugs, etc. then good for him. But I'm not going to go "OH NOES HE DRINKS!11 *head explodes*" It'd just be really stupid of them and him to expose anything that would be contradicting to him and his career.

But then again we've seen Undertaker dead, alive, and partially dead so anything is possible.

TerranRich
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah, and no cracks about Canadian vs. American beer. Same alcohol content, different methods of measurement, hence the myths.

"You know Canadian beer's like moonshine!"
"Heck yes!"

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, and no cracks about Canadian vs. American beer. Same alcohol content, different methods of measurement, hence the myths.

"You know Canadian beer's like moonshine!"
"Heck yes!"

I'd be surprised if that was true, given the %ABV is lower in Southern beer than the shit up here. Well, VT and MA, anyway.

spunkynut
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
It was Pepsi folks;
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/hairs36/punkpepsi.jpg

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
It was Pepsi folks;
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p6/hairs36/punkpepsi.jpgPretty sure that's a bong.

Verbose Minch
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Pretty sure that's a bong.

NO ITS CRACK COCAINE

Rob
12-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I didn't see it, but if if it was with Austin wouldn't it of been non alcoholic?

You kidding me? Austin was very tipsy during this show.

And I've seen Punk drink a beer before.

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
You kidding me? Austin was very tipsy during this show.

And I've seen Punk drink a beer before.
He may be operating under the assumption that Austin can't drink beer, a condition he agreed to that's years old now. And been dead for ages.

Also, betting Punk's done worse than beer.

Funky Fly
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Canadian beer isn't really any different than American beer. It all boils down to flavour differences. European beer is the best anyway.

TerranRich
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Fly: Exactly. Molson Canadian is my favorite. But there's no difference alcoholically.

Kane Knight
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I drink LaBatt most of the time. That is, the few occasions when I drink (I'm probably more straightedge than Punk). Never actually drank Molsen.

Funky Fly
12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
The Molson Canadian they sell here in Lansing tastes different from the Canadian I drank back in Edmonton. Like they just took some local shit and slapped a maple leaf on it.

KYR
12-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Not wanting to get into a Beer debate but a guy I know who works for Carlton United Breweries here in Oz says it's all to do with the source of the water - makes all the difference. Which could explain why your Lansing Beer tastes different.

Fosters (which is made under licence in the UK - which by the way I hate) tastes totally different to the brew in Australia. Reason, I am told, is because the UK water has such a high lime content.

Funky Fly
12-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Not wanting to get into a Beer debate but a guy I know who works for Carlton United Breweries here in Oz says it's all to do with the source of the water - makes all the difference. Which could explain why your Lansing Beer tastes different.

Fosters (which is made under licence in the UK - which by the way I hate) tastes totally different to the brew in Australia. Reason, I am told, is because the UK water has such a high lime content.

Lansing's water tastes awful, so it makes sense, I guess.