PDA

View Full Version : I never liked Jericho's entrance

JT
12-11-2007, 12:43 AM
I mean when he first came in, it was awesome. The whole countdown and etc really worked. However, after the first time it could have been eliminated. I think his entrance would be cooler if they just had the arena go dark, have an explosion, and his music starts playing.

Same with now, as it just seems longer than ever before. Really...quick suprising entrances are better than long, dragged out ones (sort of like his coming).

Funky Fly
12-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Nah, I like the build up. My only problem with the current version is the little puff of pyro arount the Titan tron right after the count down, but before the bigger pyro. Makes it look like the pryo failed to go off for a sec.

Shadow
12-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Nah, I like the build up. My only problem with the current version is the little puff of pyro arount the Titan tron right after the count down, but before the bigger pyro. Makes it look like the pryo failed to go off for a sec.

I think that's the illusion they want to give. Sorta like a tease then BAM! Hit you with the big pyro.

Xero
12-11-2007, 01:04 AM

I think that may be the point.

But really, I think they only should have done that and the side pyros the first time. I say cut out the screen intercept and keep with a countdown and the normal, non-side pyro.

Funky Fly
12-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Well, it's only good for the first time, then.

El Fangel
12-11-2007, 02:38 AM
It reminds me of RVD, how his entrance seemed to go off slow, then surprised you with a loud bang, also i have to agree the countdown is kinda old, maybe flash Y2J, go dark pyro (see him standing there) dark for a second, another pyro, dark , then 3 pyros, and he runs to the ring.

.44 Magdalene
12-11-2007, 08:02 AM
All I know is that I hated his second pink-and-vibrant-and-comic-sans Titantron.

Londoner
12-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Blah blah blah,you guys begged for jericho to come backa nd you'realready complaining about petty things, surprise surprise. Get over it.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Jericho's got a version that starts off without the countdown which has been used quite freqently for run-ins and victories. No reason they couldn't just use that.

Stickman
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
The countdown was a hell of a lot more awesome than what he has now.

Theo Dious
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
The countdown was a hell of a lot more awesome than what he has now.

What, the countdown plus a bunch of other stuff?

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Jericho is too over the top for me to care, and that is a bad thing.

JT
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Blah blah blah,you guys begged for jericho to come backa nd you'realready complaining about petty things, surprise surprise. Get over it.

Oh stfu. :p

If you don't like something, you speak your mind. This isn't Jericho bashing, just something I always thought, and with the add on of the other things in his entrance, I felt to now mention it.

Londoner
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Well i always liked his entrance, so stfu.:p

Jeritron
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't like the package they show before it now. It shoulud go right into the countdown sound. I think it'd signal bigger pops.

Gerard
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-0qysNT6js&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-0qysNT6js&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:p

Fox
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
You have to remember that WWE shows are live shows. You may get sick of it watching it every day at home, that's easy. But when you're there, in the arena, and the countdown starts, it's an awesome moment.

Jeritron
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Not for the crowd last night. Honestly, can one of our posters who was there give an honest documentation of what his pops were like? Because I didn't notice one at all. For a brief moment when his pyro went off and when he put Orton in the walls he got them.

addy2hotty
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I like Jericho's current entrance. I would prefer it if they used his first theme but I always have.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Blah blah blah,you guys begged for jericho to come backa nd you'realready complaining about petty things, surprise surprise. Get over it. You spent last night looking for petty things to bitch about in Ken Kennedy. Funny that you would tell someone to "get over it."

Xero
12-11-2007, 05:47 PM
BUT KENNEDY SUX AND JJERICKO IS AWZOM~!

Londoner
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
yes but i never begged for kennedy to return for months and never really was a fan of his. Justs eems odd that loads of people on here wanted Jericho to return and all they do is complain.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
yes but i never begged for kennedy to return for months and never really was a fan of his. Justs eems odd that loads of people on here wanted Jericho to return and all they do is complain.

Well, if you really think the same people who wanted him to return are primarily the same people who are complaining, I suggest you be a little more observant in life.

Your perception of hypocrisy is based on an asinine notion that the same people who are complaining now MUST be the same people who were clammoring for him before, which is by and large false. Not to mention ignorant.

I mean, if you really want to cleave to the notion that you're somehow different, go for it, but you're lying to yourself in the process.

Londoner
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Why thank you KK for telling me how i should be in life. Whatever, anyway.

You may havea point that its different people, but back when jericho was returning everyone was hyped, now all i see is criticsm, just seems odd to me.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
What's odd about it? One group of people are vocal during the hype, another after the hype has died down. There's nothing odd. It's a pattern in human behaviour, and a common one. There's no difference in you pointing out this "contradicition" than there would be in me pointing out how you should "Get over" Kennedy because others were hyped up for his return. It's just the same. One group was hot for KENNNNNNNNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, and another was not.

Yes, I know, I know. It's clearly different because now, it's happening to you. :kiss:

Londoner
12-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Whatever KK. Thats not what i meant, in regards to 'its different cause its happening to me'. its just kennedys been around a while now and is clearly slipping, where as jericho's only been around for a few weeks and people already shoot him down from the start, which imo is pathetic. give him sometime, then if you must, criticise.

Funky Fly
12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Jericho is great. End of story.

Stickman
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Funky Fly knows what's up.

Londoner
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with funky fly.

Fox
12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
His promo last night was pretty good. I liked the constant string of words assault he laid down.

Y2Ant
12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I loved the first one when he came back, except the SAVE_US.X29 turning into Y2J was done a bit cheesily. The bit that got me marking out like fuck was when the countdown started though. I don't mind the countdown from 5 each time, the small pyro bit is a bit gay and not really needed, although the image of the bright white lights coming on with the SAVE_US.X29 on the titantron with the camera looking at it from behind Orton was an awesome visual the first time they did it. Having the loltoomuchpyro every time makes the original entrance look slightly less significant but it's a fucking amazing pyro nontheless, i'm sure Vince can afford it week in week out. And I love the deep blue color theme although it is a bit like Benoit's. :$

Oh and the interruption thing that happens before his entrance is awesome, it's like JR and King talking about a load of bollocks and then OMGWTFY2J!!!!! Plus the nWo and DX did it, so that's enough reason to do it also.

Notice how no-one goes into this much detail about anyone else's entrance? That shows you how awesome Chris Jericho really is. Don't deny it, deep down you know it too. :cool: