PDA

View Full Version : If there was any doubt of who WWE's target demographic is...

Xero
12-11-2007, 12:11 PM
From PWInsider:

WWE is looking to start a new magazine. This is what they wrote in the job listing for the senior editor: "World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is seeking someone to be a part of a magazine launch, sister magazine to flagship WWE magazine with a readership of 4.5 million. Candidate should have a strong knowledge of children based subject material. Wrestling knowledge is also a plus. An ability to write and top-edit stories is a must. Brainstorm clever creative pieces, front-of-book items and features while bringing fresh ideas to the role."

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
That is so retarded. Vince comes up with the most retarded crap.
Him and all his sexual exploits being marketed to kids? No one wants that.

Corkscrewed
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Brainstorm clever creative pieces, front-of-book items and features while bringing fresh ideas to the role.
Ironic that this is wanted for a children's magazine, but not the WWE writing team.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2007, 12:29 PM
You know, it would be one thing if they had a more kid/family friendly in ring product, but they don't. They have Vince sleeping with everyone (men and women included). They have Edge making out with Vicky for title shots. A leperchaun who humps everyone's leg. Mickie James dykes out in every match (not that I'm complaining). So the entire show is nothing but sex.

Then their is the violence.

The One
12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I just enjoy that knowledge of Kids' stuff is mandatory but knowledge of wrestling is a bonus.

Xero
12-11-2007, 12:34 PM
As long as they Tivo every rerun of Spongebob they're golden.

But they're not allowed to watch new ones. They must be at least four years old.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
As long as they Tivo every rerun of Spongebob they're golden.

But they're not allowed to watch new ones. They must be at least four years old.

But what if the Tovo sponge bob?

Xero
12-11-2007, 12:37 PM
They write logical storylines.

Don't get me started on what they do when they 'Noid Spongebob.

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Candidate should have a strong knowledge of children based subject material.

I thought 'Noid was the target demographic until I read:

"clever creative pieces...."

Jeritron
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Val Venis, Doug Basham and Brian Kendrick all turn on HHH and destroy him with his own sledgehammer before throwing eachother orange red and purple t shirts. The Wiggles are reformed and dance on the turnbuckles to their music as Raw goes off the air. Time for Tubby bye bye.

Tune in next week.

owenbrown
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
They write logical storylines.

Don't get me started on what they do when they 'Noid Spongebob.

See your rep sheet for my response, Xero. :lol:

Xero
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
See your for my response. ;)

Jeritron
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
yayyy secretttsss!1! lolz

owenbrown
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
See your for my response. ;)

:lol:

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Val Venis, Doug Basham and Brian Kendrick all turn on HHH and destroy him with his own sledgehammer before throwing eachother orange red and purple t shirts. The Wiggles are reformed and dance on the turnbuckles to their music as Raw goes off the air. Time for Tubby bye bye.

Tune in next Saturday morning, when Val Venis drops his gimmick for no apparent reason and turns heel on Spongebob. Also, Shawn Michaels drops his gimmick for no apparent reason, and in the main event, John Cena drops his gimmick for no apparent reason!

Jeritron
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
That's the right direction KK:y:

But you forgot about HHH coming back and working a pediatric gimmick in the midcard putting over guys like Chuck Palumbo and Kenny Dykstra

Kane Knight
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
That's the right direction KK:y:

But you forgot about HHH coming back and working a pediatric gimmick in the midcard putting over guys like Chuck Palumbo and Kenny Dykstra

You spelled "proctologist" wrong.

He's gonna be a butt doctor as punishment for being more charismatic than Douh Basham.

Mr. Nerfect
12-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Triple H is charismatic? Here I thought he was a good wrestler with a bland personality who got to the top by fucking the boss' daughter and sucking the right dick? Well, to be fair, the guy was entertaining in the original DX.

As for all these jokes about me being the target audience for the WWE, I know KK doesn't watch the WWE these days, but do the rest of you? If the answer is yes, then I'm one up on all of you.

Mr. Nerfect
12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
And following on from Xero's post about "'Noiding Spongebob," the logical jokes would be to make jokes about the generic fish in the background with the bemused voice getting pushed to being the title character, or the Mr. Krabbs losing his gimmick and going over Patrick.

So yeah, this thread is really shit at anything it sets out to accomplish.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
And following on from Xero's post about "'Noiding Spongebob," the logical jokes would be to make jokes about the generic fish in the background with the bemused voice getting pushed to being the title character, or the Mr. Krabbs losing his gimmick and going over Patrick.

So yeah, this thread is really shit at anything it sets out to accomplish.

:lol: Noid just pwned himself.

Anyhow what were we talking about?

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Triple H is charismatic? Here I thought he was a good wrestler with a bland personality who got to the top by fucking the boss' daughter and sucking the right dick? Well, to be fair, the guy was entertaining in the original DX.

And has had several periods in which he was entertaining. He may spend most of the time phoning it in, but he certainly isn't devoid of charisma.

Questioning someone's charisma generally comes down to whether or not he has "mic skills" or whether or not "I like him." I honestly have to think that this is an issue of the second one, which is bullshit. Trips bores me, too, but to ignore the affect he has an impact on crowds is as ridiculous as saying someone has no charisma because their mic skills are limited. Charisma goes beyond character, it goes beyond diction, and some people have it. Trips does, and I'm fairly confident he'd have gotten over in his career without sucking Michaels' and Vince's cock or banging Steph.

The major difference is that he would not have been as dominant in his career, and that there would probably be an environment we care about.

Theo Dious
12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
KK, this is the same guy who says that Bret and Shawn are tied in the charisma department.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
And has had several periods in which he was entertaining. He may spend most of the time phoning it in, but he certainly isn't devoid of charisma.

Questioning someone's charisma generally comes down to whether or not he has "mic skills" or whether or not "I like him." I honestly have to think that this is an issue of the second one, which is bullshit. Trips bores me, too, but to ignore the effect he has an impact on crowds is as ridiculous as saying someone has no charisma because their mic skills are limited. Charisma goes beyond character, it goes beyond diction, and some people have it. Trips does, and I'm fairly confident he'd have gotten over in his career without sucking Michaels' and Vince's cock or banging Steph.

The major difference is that he would not have been as dominant in his career, and that there would probably be an environment we care about.

Otherwise I agree. :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 12:41 PM
KK, this is the same guy who says that Bret and Shawn are tied in the charisma department.Who, Heyman?

No, but seriously, contrary to most people's perceptions, I generally tune 'Noid out. Occasionally, I pick up on something ridiculously stupid and have to comment, or something genuinely debatable, but for the most part, even I ignore 'Noid most of the time.

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 12:43 PM
And for the record, Bret and Shawn are fairly comparable in terms of charisma. I know you've got the Kliq gimmick going, but really, this Quixotic adherence to notions contrary to that is kinda absurd,.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
And for the record, Bret and Shawn are fairly comparable in terms of charisma. I know you've got the Kliq gimmick going, but really, this Quixotic adherence to notions contrary to that is kinda absurd,.

Couldn't you have just said romantic notion? Or whatever.

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I already called someone Don Quixote yesterday for something similar. I figured I'd just keep with the theme. Plus, if I said "Romantic," Alienoid would assume it was about love and write ten pages on the subject. :shifty:

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I already called someone Don Quixote yesterday for something similar. I figured I'd just keep with the theme. Plus, if I said "Romantic," Alienoid would assume it was about love and write ten pages on the subject. :shifty:

'Noid is like the Martin Luther of the board, only no one cares.

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
'Noid is like the Martin Luther of the board, only no one cares.

Well, it's a fair point. Martin Luther wrote his complaints to the Church out, hoping to reach the common man, oblivious to the real world in which most people couldn't read at the time (At least, the people he was trying to reach). the main difference is that people DON'T read 'Noid's posts. I mean, we all know that it's probably not going to end with Doug Basham as champion, but nobody wants to chance it for fifty pages. ;)

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Meh, I just just referencing that fact that they are both known for writing really long documents to make their point.

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I agree. bothof which were read by almost nobody. I just wanted to make a wiseass quip as to why.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
No quips. Just laf wen i tel u 2.

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
The important thing is, the safest place to hide a secret is in an Alienoid post. Nobody'll ever read it.

Shadow
12-13-2007, 07:14 PM
YOU'RE WRONG!

I read 'Noid's posts. They help me go to sleep!

Kane Knight
12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
YOU'RE WRONG!

I read 'Noid's posts. They help me go to sleep!

The brain damage they induce also makes pot smoking easier.

.44 Magdalene
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
The brain damage they induce also makes pot smoking more hilarious.

Kane Knight
12-14-2007, 10:46 AM
The brain damage they induce also makes pot smoking seem like a good idea.

Kane Knight
12-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Also, gotta love the "Shows what you know, I don't even watch the product!" Argument. :D

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
'Noid is actually pretty good with his posts.

But BDC hit it on the head when he talked about the product being the total OPPOSITE of what this 'book' idea is all about...Vince, it was the 16-28 or so ppl that kept you from bankruptcy, dumbass. Stick to the script.