PDA

View Full Version : Juno

Mr. Nerfect
12-15-2007, 02:02 AM
I am yet to see this movie, but I am pretty fucking keen for it.

Roger Ebert, who is a hero of mine, totes it as "just about the best movie of the year." Plus it stars Michael Cera, who I loved in Arrested Development and Superbad.

It's about a girl who gets pregnant at 16 years old to her best friend, and has to decide what to do with the baby. Ellen Page is apparently phenomenal in the lead role as the girl who gets pregnant, and it's also got J.K. Simmons and Jason Bateman in it. Jennifer Garner apparently has a good scene, too.

Yeah, just thought I'd spread the word about this movie.

El Fangel
12-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Ellen Page is from across the harbour from where I am at, love to fork her. WOW.

Also Juno looks awesomely good.

Blitz
12-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Wanna see it so bad tbh.

ddpBANG
12-15-2007, 03:29 AM
SHIT! I had passes to see this tonight, and I totally forgot.

PapaGeorgio
12-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Agreed, want to see it extremely bad myself ever since saw the trailer for it awhile ago. Hoping for wider releases out my way sometime soon.

The Genius
12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
cant find any places in madison or milwaukee playing it.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm lucky, somewhere over here will be showing it. Roger Ebert called it his favourite movie of 2007. :y:

Boondock Saint
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Solid, heart-warming flick. Definitely recommended. The dialogue is a bit jarring at the beginning but either it's toned down or you just adjust to it because it isn't really a problem after the first 10 or so minutes.

:y: Good stuff.

OssMan
12-27-2007, 07:48 PM
This looks like movie trying to be funny even though its about a really unfunny topic

loopydate
12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Impressive. This thread went until the ninth post until somebody said something negative just to be contrary. That has to be a new record.

Splaya
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
This movie was phenomenal. Both leads played great roles, and where it started out as a comedy at the beginning, it turned into a big drama in the end.

I would recommend this to everyone

el fregadero
12-30-2007, 03:47 AM
I liked the movie. You should see it if you think we have similar taste in movies.

Indifferent Clox
01-12-2008, 04:09 AM
My favorite movie of all time.

The soundtrack is amazing.

Blitz
01-12-2008, 04:28 AM
The dialogue is a bit jarring at the beginning but either it's toned down or you just adjust to it because it isn't really a problem after the first 10 or so minutes.
Exactly what I thought. It's a very very good movie. The cast is uniformly brilliant. I have a huge crush on Ellen Page :$

And Michael Cera continues to be the man.

Indifferent Clox
01-12-2008, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
The dialogue is a bit jarring at the beginning but either it's toned down or you just adjust to it because it isn't really a problem after the first 10 or so minutes.

agreed

Zelda
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Good movie and I agree the soundtrack was amazing.

Triple A
01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I dunno, this movie was good and I liked it but I don't think it was nearly as good as everyone is saying. Like Ebert said it was the best film of the year, ehhh. Good soundtrack though yeah.

Indifferent Clox
01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Well for me, the begginning was like star wars, it transports you to this strange, place with strange words, and strange things happening, and you become immersed (althug they do lighten up on the dialogue, which by the way is amazing).

The charecters interactions are all amazing, and the charecters themselves are excellently portrayed.

The story is funny without being over the top, it's beautiful without being cliche, it's deep without being pretentious.

The music is pretty awesome, I downloaded the album last night. I fell in love with Kimya Dawson. Ellen Page actually suggested the moldy peaches to the director.

IT really just fit my personality to a T. Even though I felt like it's Napolean Dynamite style replacing all goofiness with beautiful quirkeness instead.

Blitz
01-13-2008, 03:01 AM
It's nothing like Star Wars you twat.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm really glad to see Michael Cera getting consistently good roles, and Jason Bateman working more. J.K. Simmons is never a bad thing, either.

Triple A
01-13-2008, 05:18 AM
Cera plays the same exact character in every one of his roles. He is typecasted.

Indifferent Clox
01-13-2008, 02:23 PM
It is in the fact that it transports you into some place with weird language, fagface. It puts you offkelter. God just because it's not scifi you can't see past that. Dumbass. Go get drunk and rape a bitch.

redoneja
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
It was a good movie. Nothing to shit yourself over, but a good movie.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Cera plays the same exact character in every one of his roles. He is typecasted.

He is very good at them, though. Between Arrested Development, Superbad and this, he's been in some consistently good shit. He at least knows how to pick good projects.

I would like to see Cera try some wacky shit next time, though. Another type of performance in a solid movie will do wonders for his career.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 06:17 AM
I dunno, this movie was good and I liked it but I don't think it was nearly as good as everyone is saying. Like Ebert said it was the best film of the year, ehhh. Good soundtrack though yeah.

Reading what Ebert wrote about it in his "Top Ten of 2007" column, he tried to put other more "serious" movies first, but they just didn't feel right. Ebert apparently considers No Country for Old Men a perfect movie, so it's probably more a sentimental favourite than anything.

I think that's the reason people are liking the movie, rather than it being based on any kind of profound existence behind it. Just a fun movie that happens to be very good for a fun movie.

It's coming out over here on Thursday. I cannot fucking wait.

loopydate
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
If it wasn't for No Country For Old Men, Juno would be the best movie I've seen in the last year.

Heros Welcome
01-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Just got back from seeing it, I thought it was a great movie. It was very enjoyable, and I would have to say it was one of the better movies I have seen in the past year.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Just saw it. Loved it. Michael Cera, typecast or not, is at least doing good work in good movies. He's getting paychecks for being great. Ellen Page is also fantastic. She makes the quirky lead work, unlike certain other people *cough* Jon Heder.

I haven't seen every comedy ever written, but I'm willing to bet this could be the best comedy ever written by a woman. Not to sound sexist or anything. I'm willing to be proven wrong, if there are better ones out there.

One of my favourite movies from the year. Can't recall a better movie I saw, although I did think Superbad was hilarious, and saw it twice.

I love Jason Bateman. I wanted to know what happened to his character. That's the worst thing about these great "slices of life" movies. You become so invested in the characters, and then it has to end, and there are always questions of some sort.

Indifferent Clox
01-17-2008, 04:52 PM
For sure, like I want to know what's going on with Juno now, is she 18? is she single? Is she still with that dude? How good is her head?

tuney41
01-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Seen the movie about 4 times now and it gets better every time.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Honestly, between this, Superbad and Arrested Development, Michael Cera is becoming a great indicator of comedy to track down.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Are you guys kidding me? The soundtrack is fucking awful.....wow

The Gold Standard
02-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Im actually going to see it tonight. I can't wait. It looks so good.

ct2k
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Really loved this just finished watching it, made me feel the same way Garden State did when I first watched that:y:

Also I really wanna secks it up with that Leah chick, hot

mitchables
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah, just got back from this. Solid movie. I heartily enjoyed.

Soundtrack was very nice indeed.

RP
02-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I thought it was a sweet movie. I didnt find it that funny. There were a few funny lines, but just a nice sweet movie i guess.

The Gold Standard
02-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Just saw Juno tonight and it was great. I was laughing through most of the movie.

Inadequacy
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Saw it a week ago last Friday (cheya), and it had some serious awesome to it. I liked it so much I've had to come up with my own words to describe it.

Quirktacular

Funergetic

Amazical

That's all I can think of right now

Inadequacy
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, the soundtrack is indeed awesome

Skippord
02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
I liked it a lot and I enjoyed the entire thing, I loved the sweetness of the movie too

Ellen Page and Olivia Thirlby are hot

and the soundtrack is terrible