PDA

View Full Version : Dammit, I need to say this again

Mr. Nerfect
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
William Regal kicked ass as a babyface. Here is one of the few moments from post-draft RAW that actually made me mark out:

William Regal to Triple H:

You see, you and me, we know each other quite well, don't we? Let me give these fine people a little history lesson...it was 11 years ago, we were a tag team in WCW. In fact, I was your mentor, wasn't I? Yes, indeed, I was. And let's face facts: some people, people like us, we're just born naughty. That's why we gravitated towards each other. And if you had used an abused anyone other than that poor lad Eugene, I would have applauded your cunning, sir. But for a clever man such as yourself, it was rather foolish of you to have abused that poor disadvantaged boy, because now you have made an enemy out of me! And if you're looking for a fight, well look no bloody further! Because I will gladly go back there, change into my ring attire, and meet you back in that ring and I shall battle you with every ounce of vile and venom that runs through my veins!

Sheer fucking greatness.

This is paraphrased, and it came from him as a heel, but I remember back in 2001 or something, it might have been when he was feuding with Chris Jericho, he said something like this in response to jokes being made about him being English (if I recal):

"You're obviously not very bright, because if you were, you'd realise that the English are the most barbaric race in history!"

Yeah, there is no real purpose behind this thread than to appreciate and discuss the awesomeness that is William Regal. I'll take back a lot of the things I have said about Triple H if he gets Regal the singles push he was apparently moved to RAW for.

Kalyx triaD
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
He's one of the best 'characters' on the show.

Mr. Nerfect
12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Vince McMahon often gets credited for having the best facial expressions in professional wrestling. I believe William Regal deserves that recognition, though.

This is the first segment of sports entertainment I can ever imagine viewing, and my cousin and I would forever find joy in William Regal's facial expression at the end of the segment:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/The+Rock+William+Regal/video/x1rfgr_the-rock-william-regal-segment_fun

Fignuts
12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah and then he got squashed, right after that promo. Big fat waste of what could have been an awesome and brutaly violent fued. So stupid.

Indifferent Clox
12-15-2007, 09:13 PM
i love regal

The One
12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Regal is the man.

FourFifty
12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
He's a real man's man!

Jeritron
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Regal is the goods. I'd love to see him get a big push, but at this juncture I just can't see it happening, nor do I think the WWE is really in a position to do so given how they've treated his character in the past 6 or so years.

But who knows, Issac Yankem and Bradshaw were in much harder places and got pushed to the moon.

I'd be in favor of giving him a strong Intercontinental title push as a corrupt GM protecting his own interests. After a bit more of that, move him up to the main event and see how that goes.

Funky Fly
12-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Regal deserves a main event push, but it will never happen. You'd think that being in good with HHH would help, but no. Hopefully, he'll get one last hot feud with Jericho or something.

Skull316
12-15-2007, 11:58 PM
that promo was good stuff!

That's the Ft. Lauderdale crowd I remember too. Grew up there and went to many Raws and SDs. Unfortunately that crowd has seemingly died down into something that killed Jericho's return night with a crappy pop.

As for Regal, I like him better as a heel really. Always have. Seems like it brings out the better parts of his character and his better facial expressions. (which are priceless may i add)

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm hoping that when Randy Orton gets disqualified against Chris Jericho at Armageddon (I think this is the way the WWE will go), Jericho will demand another title match, and William Regal will come out and say that Jericho has not earned one yet. I'd then be just waiting for Jericho to remind Regal how he pissed in his tea. :love:

Then get William Regal to show paid advertisements over RAW for the next few weeks, of the shit he put Jericho through. Handicap Tables Match against The Dudley Boyz, a 4-on-1 Match against the Right to Censor, etc. Jericho can pay the "monkeys in the back" to show Jericho beating Regal at WrestleMania X-7, etc. Jericho wins the 2008 Royal Rumble, but William Regal says he has a tough opponent lined up for Jericho at No Way Out, to make sure he doesn't make it to WrestleMania. Jericho asks who that may be, and Regal says that it will be...himself! Regal says that Jericho believes he has found a way around the system, but Regal will rip Jericho limb from limb to the point where he won't see another another day let alone another WrestleMania.

Fuck, Jericho vs. Regal at No Way Out would fucking rule.

NoRoolz
12-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Regal is the man, but yeah I think it's highly unlikely he'll get main-event pushed, I don't know how they'd book it to be honest. He's too much of an established midcarder who's had too many losses against nobodies.

I'd love to see him be in the I.C seen again though, or lead some sort of Midcard stable. I think this could be done without too much thought, which as we know, WWE writers tend to lack.

Hanso Amore
12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
GM is a good spot for him.

Or as you said maybe he puts together a stable.

Indifferent Clox
12-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Ok so here is my alienoid regal post.

OK so Triple H goes to mania this year and wins whatever the hell match he's in. And Regal is a heel motherfucker who begins trying to put him in to matches just to make him lose. HE makes fun of the fact that flair, his friend lost. And begins saying stuff like he's better than Flair ever was.

So anyway Regal says "you know I bet I could be remembered just as bloody well as flair. If I had those memorable matches and big names", so every monday he begins putting himself against the top guys, but he always cheats or has some strange stipulation that favors him until Shawn and Triple H start DX up and start fucking with him.

So he wants a title shot, but since he's Raw's Gm and he can't really make a match for himself at a ppv HBK challenges him saying if he wins Triple H will give him a shot at the title. so he fghts HBK at let's say Great American Bash, and Regal wins (BAMN) continually calling it the great Britian Bash or something.

Anyway he chases the title for a couple PPVs and Finally wins it at Survivor series. Maybe not though, maybe he goes to Smackdown and becomes a face and finishes it there.

Eventually Flair may even return for one more match against him after he wins the belt.

Theo Dious
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Regal kicks ass in anything that he does. Period.

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Finlay is better.

Jeritron
12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Finlay is better.

You're on crack

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I preffer Finlay in the ring. Regal is a great authority figure though.

Lock Jaw
12-16-2007, 09:44 PM
<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/zVtDSsaZokI7m2Odm"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/zVtDSsaZokI7m2Odm" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xecqc_hhh-beat-william-regal_sport">HHH beat William Regal</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Lordi72">Lordi72</a></i></div>

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Regal kicks ass in anything that he does. Period.

This is very true, Darth. This is very true.

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
The perfect time to have Regal return to in-ring competition, would have been that night John Cena attacked him, explaining his suspension. All you had to do was have a backstage promo air, with Regal being interviewed.

Todd: Ah, Mr. Regal, you were attacked by John Cena on RAW a few weeks back, and we have not seen you since, how are you holding up?

Regal: Very good, you miserable little toe-rag, but as you can tell I'm none too happy. John Cena, I was just doing my job. I thought I was doing you a favour by giving you Randy Orton's head on a silver platter, but you obviously care more about being WWE Champion than you do your father! Because there is no other explanation for your attacking me as you did! You were afraid of Randy Orton. I've been around, I can practically smell it. But sunshine, you don't know true fear. See, when you attacked me my hands were trapped in my jacket, but Cena, the next time I see you I won't be wearing a jacket. I'm also not going to be your boss; I'm going to be a wrestler, and I'm going to tear you limb from bloody limb! Then you will know fear!

Mr. Nerfect
12-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Finlay is better.

Finlay is great in the ring, but Regal is just a bit better, in my opinion. Regal also just has way better mic skills, as well. All he needs to do is start referring to himself as the greatest living wrestler to never win a World Championship, which when I think about it, may actually be true. It would build up fan interest in him just enough to the point where if the WWE plans to bring him back as an in-ring competitor (and I believe they will), then there will be curiosity as to how well Regal does.

You have him do well, and his past as a bit of a WWE joke is washed away completely.

NoRoolz
12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
That would actually be perfect ^