PDA

View Full Version : Maynard James Keenan

Indifferent Clox
12-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Ok this is the thread for all things TOOL, APC, and PUCSIFER. And pretty much all things MJK.

So yeah revel in the greatness.

Blitz
12-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Puscifer record wasn't as great as I'd hoped.

Zen v.W.o.
12-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Never heard of puscifer but it sounds like shit.

APC is great, I'm in the APC mood right now more than Tool, which is also great.

Skippord
12-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Tool is awesome
A Perfect Circle is good
I havent listened to Puscifer yet
Green Jelly is also badass

Kris P Lettus
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Rep for Skippord for the Green Jelly reference..

Requiem
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Not gonna lie, I pretty much love "V for Vagina" just for the fact that it is refreshing as hell.

I haven't listened to any 'new' music in a while and just discovered Puscifer randomly while surfing random music pages. Downloaded the CD and I find it to be tits.

Also, Tool is pretty much one of my top 5 bands.. not really sure where they rank in that five.. kinda hard to put one band over another when I just switch off back and forth between the top few bands a lot.

Never was a big fan of APC though.

Also.. David Bowie + Maynard singing Disco King is amazing. Underworld Evo soundtrack was awesome for that reason alone.

94 SVT Cobra
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
tool or APC ftw

el fregadero
12-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Wait, Bowie and Maynard collaborated and I am just now finding out about it?

Lame.

Shakespearean sTiMa
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
was great, disappeared right up his own arse.

el fregadero
01-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Word, we could have had another Tool album in less released less than five years after it's predecessor, but instead we get...V is for Vagina? Come on, Maynard.

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I think he is more interested in his vineyards than making music these days.

Requiem
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
It's his side project, and if you've actually listened to it it is hardly serious. Pretty funny CD that's just pleasant to listen to. It started as a clothing label if I recall correctly, but he decided to collaborate with a bunch of people and make a full length CD and release it on his own. I honestly doubt it took much time or effort to make at all. You'll have a hard time finding it anywhere in stores, because Target refused to stock it, and Walmart never even got back to him about it.

And also El Freg, Bowie and Maynard collaborating was just on the Underworld Evolution soundtrack for one song. Quite some time ago, so I'm surprised you've never heard it.

Shakespearean sTiMa
01-05-2008, 12:21 AM
i don't think its a collaboration as such, its a sample of Bowie's disco king song mucked around with a bit, as far as i know.