PDA

View Full Version : Alienoid's Armageddon Analysis

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2007, 02:59 AM
MVP vs. Rey Mysterio

This was a good in-ring match, but the countout ending was weak. I can understand why they did it, because Rey is a top face, and they want to advertise him heading into the Royal Rumble, I guess, but newsflash: You shouldn't put guys into matches if you can't book a finish for them. They should have just had Michael Hayes get involved, and cause MVP to win because he was distracting the referee accidentally, or something.

What's next: Both Rey Mysterio and MVP should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

CM Punk & Kane vs. Big Daddy V & Mark Henry

Big Daddy V and Mark Henry winning the tag team match was actually fairly predictable. It was more hope that made me pick CM Punk & Kane in Tipsters. One thing that really irks me about the booking, is that The Undertaker beat these guys in a Handicap Match on SmackDown!, yet Kane & Punk can't do it together. Ah well, at least Punk isn't getting a shitty Superman push, and is allowed to show some vulnerability (which will help him in the long run).

What's next: CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V for the ECW Championship at the Royal Rumble; Kane and Mark Henry should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy

Great match, with some great psychology used. Working over the hand is not something you see every day, and a heel getting worked over is also a neat trick. Kennedy is great with his psychology, I don't care what anyone else says. With this win, HBK and Y2J both have claims to the WWE Championship. This should be used to make the Royal Rumble more interesting, as Jeff Hardy as the shot locked up, so Jericho & Michaels will have to enter the match to see if they can get a shot locked for WrestleMania.

What's next: Shawn Michaels and Mr. Kennedy should both be in the Royal Rumble Match.

Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

The fans were quiet for this match. zOMG! Jeff Hardy is no longer over, he's a failure! I have to believe that this is not over between Triple H & Hardy, and that we will see some kind of controversy regarding the top faces on RAW (Triple, Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels) calling Jeff Hardy out on not being able to get it done against Randy Orton. I doubt they will actually put the WWE Championship on Hardy, but a one month reign to No Way Out would actually be pretty cool, even if Matt is still the much better Hardy.

What's next: Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble; Triple H should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

Finlay vs. The Great Khali

Thank God that Finlay won. I want him to get a push as a badass face. The ending would have been so much cooler if Finlay had whacked Khali in the knee with his shillelagh, and then locked in the Celtic Knot for the submission, or something. Finlay has the best claim to a World Heavyweight Title shot on SmackDown!, so I'm hoping he will get a match against Edge at the Royal Rumble. Batista and The Undertaker can both be in the Royal Rumble Match, as they help add star power to the match, given that Batista has won before, and Taker won last year.

What's next: Finlay should challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble; The Great Khali will probably be in the Royal Rumble Match, because he's big.

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho

A good match, that actually made me mark out in places. Not great, but Jericho has just gotten back, and Orton is unreliable, at best. The ending kept Jericho looking good, but you can't go with Jericho vs. JBL for WrestleMania. That is a No Way Out match, after Jericho has won the Royal Rumble. Jericho won't win the Rumble, of course, because the WWE is retarded, but he should be in it to lend some more star power to the match.

What's next: Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble; Chris Jericho should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

These ladies did not get an epic amount of time, but it was a good enough ladies' match. The right girl won, but they could have made Mickie look a little bit stronger, I think. They need to keep building towards Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James, and not give that spot to Candice Michelle. If any other girl gets her foot in the door of the title scene, it should be Jillian Hall, with her newfound success. I'd actually go with a Triple Threat between Hall, Mickie and Beth for WrestleMania.

What's next: Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James for the WWE Women's Championship at the Royal Rumble, with Candice Michelle helping out Mickie, is my guess.

Batista vs. Edge vs. The Undertaker

I'm fairly certain that the fake Edges are The Major Brothers. I hope the WWE addresses this, and gets them to serve as lackeys to Edge. That would be very cool. They do kind of remind me of Edge & Christian, just in appearance, and they are kayfabe brothers. This will hopefully allow them to develop some personality. Both The Undertaker and Batista should chase Edge via the Royal Rumble Match, while Finlay gets a title shot. The match was not bad, but not outstanding, either.

What's next: Edge vs. Finlay for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble; Batista and The Undertaker should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

St. Jimmy
12-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Fuck Jeff Hardy. No excuse as to why they put him over.

Dave Youell
12-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Overall I thought it was a decent show.

Agree that I think it’s the Major Brothers, good that they get to do something (hopefully), although I was laughing at the thought of 3 Edge’s, I kept humming the doink the clown tune, ahhh good times

The HBK match surprised me for 2 reasons. The first being that Michaels seemed to control most of the match, which is strange for a face, the second being that Kennedy didn’t look out of his depth and his selling was really good, it was almost like a roll reversal, I think Kennedy is going to need a face turn soon, I have no interest in him as a heel right now, there’s too much stuff that’s gone on behind the scenes that makes me care about him, a face turn could freshen things up.

I’m pleased Jeff got the win, the crowd were going to be split when it’s face/face and all it proved was that HHH is more over than Hardy, there were a few ‘urgh’ moments with some missed headlocks and dodgy looking whips, but nothing too bad, can’t see Jeff getting a win, but it’s a good start.

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Overall I thought it was a decent show.

Agree that I think it’s the Major Brothers, good that they get to do something (hopefully), although I was laughing at the thought of 3 Edge’s, I kept humming the doink the clown tune, ahhh good times

The HBK match surprised me for 2 reasons. The first being that Michaels seemed to control most of the match, which is strange for a face, the second being that Kennedy didn’t look out of his depth and his selling was really good, it was almost like a roll reversal, I think Kennedy is going to need a face turn soon, I have no interest in him as a heel right now, there’s too much stuff that’s gone on behind the scenes that makes me care about him, a face turn could freshen things up.

I’m pleased Jeff got the win, the crowd were going to be split when it’s face/face and all it proved was that HHH is more over than Hardy, there were a few ‘urgh’ moments with some missed headlocks and dodgy looking whips, but nothing too bad, can’t see Jeff getting a win, but it’s a good start.

I agree about the face turn. I still maintain that Edge vs. Mr. Kennedy is the match SmackDown! should be offering for the World Heavyweight Championship. All is not lost for it. You just have Edge show up on RAW, as a guest of Randy Orton's, and the two do some Rated-RKO crap together, and Edge talks about how great it is that he is now the World Heavyweight Champion again. Mr. Kennedy then comes out, demands to be thanked because it was his MITB title shot that allowed Edge to get the win, and Edge just laughs at Kennedy. Things heat up a little, and Kennedy wants a WHT match since the Champion is on his show. Edge then says that Kennedy can get a shot when he comes back to SmackDown!, which won't be for a while. Kennedy can then win the Royal Rumble, or something, and jump to SmackDown! and feud with Edge heading into WrestleMania.

The WWE were planning to have Kennedy become a World Champion at either WrestleMania XXIV or earlier (earlier actually being more likely), and I really don't see what has changed. Kennedy is not as hot a commodity as he used to be, but a lot of that has been because of injuries and suspensions. Randy Orton was suspended this year, fuck, Edge was suspended at the same time as Kennedy. That should not be held against him as a performer.

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2007, 06:04 AM

I really agree. Although not to your extreme. Jeff would have been more interesting in the Royal Rumble Match. It seems the WWE has decided that the Royal Rumble will become a PPV where they have meaningless title matches take place. Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly and Jeff Hardy have all gotten World Title shots at the Rumble. Deary me.

RVDmark
12-17-2007, 06:57 AM
TPWW as a whole always bitches that someone else should be allowed to step up. They give Jeff a shot which I believe is well deserved of someone who to be fair has sold Vince a lot of merchendise over the years. His relatively poor mic skills could be worked on, and if this was ECW (the original one) Paul Heyman would have found a way to hide his mic skill failiure, why can't WWE do the same.
In terms of paying his dues, Jeff Hardy has done many times over. And before people go on about his previoud drug problems. Firstly, he seems to be ok recently. Second I would like to draw your attention to the current WWE champ who has been caught for drugs under the wellness policy and had to be sent home from the European tour not so long ago.
Either give Jeff a break, or start hating the current world champ as much as I do.

Theo Dious
12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
The Great Khali will probably be in the Royal Rumble Match, because he's big.

Yeah, along with BDV and Henry, he'll be one of this year's "OMGZ HE IS HUGE NO1 WIL BE ABEL TO ELIMANAT HIM COS HE IS SO GYANT" even though the only time that has ever proven true was with Yokozuna.

Dave Youell
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, along with BDV and Henry, he'll be one of this year's "OMGZ HE IS HUGE NO1 WIL BE ABEL TO ELIMANAT HIM COS HE IS SO GYANT" even though the only time that has ever proven true was with Yokozuna.

Then the next year Shawn Micheals managed to eliminate both Yoko and Vader by himself at the same time.

That’s logic folks!

.44 Magdalene
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
If Trips had won, the other half of the coin would be bitching about Jeff being held back, HHH pulling strings, glass ceiling, etc etc.

And Alienoid would cite management's lack of trust in Jeff because of missed swantons as the reasoning behind it all. :|

People just like to bitch.

Fox
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Hardy winning was an excellent choice. We know he's going to get his ass kicked as the Rumble, hopefully in a ladder match, but it will be the first time Jeff has gotten a WWE Championship shot on PPV. The same can't be said of Holly or Mark Henry; they've both challenged and lost on PPVs in the past.

For Jeff this is like "his moment." And of course Randy Orton is going to shatter it like a bully shatters the new kid's lunch tray on his first day of school.

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm glad Jeff won. It is time to shake up the mainevent scene.

Evil Vito
12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah from what I could see, this seemed to be one of the better PPVs of the year match quality wise.

What I think they are heading towards:

-Orton vs. Hardy obv
-Edge vs. Batista (Bats re-match clause) :-\
-Finlay getting a really good showing in the Rumble
-Fatal 4 Way for ECW Title :-\ (ring would probably collapse during the Rumble if V, Henry, and Khali were all in at once)

I also can see MVP taking on Flair for the US Title tbh. MVP claims he can end Flair's career. Then at the PPV, Flair makes MVP tap to the Figure 4 but then on SD it is revealed MVP's hand was on the ropes. Thus, MVP is still champion but the decision isn't reversed and Flair stays</font>

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
<font color=goldenrod>
-Edge vs. Batista (Bats re-match clause) :-\
</font>

You mean the clause in Batista's contract that says if he is ever not champion he gets challenge for the title?

Evil Vito
12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
You mean the clause in Batista's contract that says if he is ever not champion he gets challenge for the title?

<font color=goldenrod>Basically, yeah. :(

My hope is that we wind up with the suggested Evolution Fatal 4 Way at WM. Get Bats something fresh to do other than challenge for the damn title.</font>

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Basically, yeah. :(

My hope is that we wind up with the suggested Evolution Fatal 4 Way at WM. Get Bats something fresh to do other than challenge for the damn title.</font>

Do you think they could turn MVP face in time for Maina so we can see Edge v MVP. That would be a good match.

Evil Vito
12-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Do you think they could turn MVP face in time for Maina so we can see Edge v MVP. That would be a good match.

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah that match would rule. It would be some interesting buildup too, cause you don't even necesarily need to turn him face.

You could basically have two egotistical heels trying to outdo each other (and cheat) to get the title...and you essentially allow the crowd to cheer for who they want to win. If you want a sure face....Matt Hardy might be back by then, and he has history with both men. Would be a solid triple threat.

Maybe they could do a match similar to Jericho/Angle/other Canadian guy at WM16....double falls match with both the WHW and US titles up for grabs.</font>

Theo Dious
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM

If they were going to do that I imagine Edge would become the face.

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Heel v Heel matches don't usually draw so well.

Tommy Gunn
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I might for the first time ever now give a shit about the Major Brothers. It pisses me off when the WWE bring in people who look like preset CAWs from a video game and blindly hope they magically get over on inring ability alone (see London & Kendrick).

Edge having a stable will be fantastic.

Shadow
12-17-2007, 11:57 PM

Yeah well fuck you too buddy. Jeff got put over because, surprise surprise, he's over. NOt nearly as over as Trips but then again....who's got the backstage pull to be in every single segment?

So again...fuck you too.

El Fangel
12-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Kane and Mark Henry should be in the Royal Rumble Match.

:wavesad:Kane:wavesad:

Fignuts
12-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Hardy vs Orton is a lot more interesting than HHH vs Orton at this point. The right man won.