PDA

View Full Version : Rumble taking shape, leading to Mania

Dave Youell
12-17-2007, 05:31 AM
As we know the Rumble is coming just around the corner, it’s the foundation for Mania and where most of the big storylines are built, what do you think will come of this years rumble?

Winners:

Your contenders to win the Rumble are (IMO):

HHH
Y2J
HBK
Kennedy
Taker
Batista
Finlay

I can’t see anyone else winning it, I think a HHH victory is on the cards to face Randy at Mania. There hasn’t been any resolution from the stuff that went down at No Mercy, so I would except and also look forward to a decent programme between these 2

I’d love to have MVP in a moment where he’s the only guy in the ring waiting for the next guy to come down the ‘OHHHH YEAHHHHHHH!’ kick in and Matt runs in and they start brawling, this would then lead up to a mania match and the pop should be huge.

On the other side of the main event scene I would expect Taker/Edge, however they set it up (via Elimination Chamber)

Brand vs Brand matches:

I would guess JBL vs Jericho (urgh)

Batista doesn’t have a lot to do, so maybe Kennedy Vs Batista. Story could be Kennedy has beaten 8 champs, but not Batista?

That’s pretty much most of the main players taken care off, just throw the rest into a money in the bank and we have ourselves a wrestlemania

GD
12-17-2007, 05:54 AM
Hope it doesn't rain at Wrestlemania. An acute possibility. Orton is becoming boring. Wished he could brush up his old cocky heel character. Edge vs The Undertaker sounds good. BTW Kennedy defeated Batista via dq last year.

Mr. Nerfect
12-17-2007, 05:57 AM
I'm liking the look of the Rumble this year. Seeing as there is no clear WrestleMania main event (you have a bunch of crappy rumours, but I doubt the WWE is stupid to repeat a main event that wasn't epic the first time it was done), then you could have a number of people win the Rumble.

Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Batista
The Undertaker
Ric Flair
Rey Mysterio

I expect these guys to be the former winners of the Rumble in the match. I personally hope he does not make the cut, but Hacksaw Jim Duggan won the first-ever Royal Rumble. I could see them letting him into the match for that reason.

Chris Jericho
Kane
Bobby Lashley
Mr. Kennedy
John Morrison
The Miz
Shelton Benjamin
The Great Khali
Mark Henry
Elijah Burke

Here are all the main event (for their respective shows) talent that I can see with nothing planned for the Rumble, which could get them places in the match. Someone like The Miz or Elijah Burke does not stand much of a chance of winning, but so far, it is a pretty packed Rumble, with no clear winner in sight.

If I had to shortlist the possible winners, I'd go with:

Chris Jericho
Triple H
The Undertaker
Batista
Bobby Lashley
Ric Flair

Yes, I'd put Bobby Lashley on the shortlist. You know how the WWE likes to go with first-time winners, and Lashley has not been hyped to return, and the WWE sees him as their Superman. In John Cena's absence, as stupid as the move might be, it would not surprise me to see the WWE suddenly push Bobby Lashley.

The right choice for a winner, is Chris Jericho. He'd have the best wrestling match in the main event of WrestleMania, and a lot of people agree that his return to the WWE was the most positive wrestling story of the year. Sure, he is not getting huge reactions, but something like winning the Royal Rumble could do that. The WWE have watered down Jericho so much over the years, that giving him that massive win would finally say "we mean it this time."

Who will I be going with in Tipsters, though? I think we'll get more of a clue right now, however, realistically, my top three choices are Batista, The Undertaker and Triple H.

Yep, it's going to be a shit year.

Y2Ant
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Val Venis will win the Royal Rumble.

thedamndest
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I am sticking with my proposal that someone from Smackdown will win on the basis that Raw has lots more people for the Elim Chamber at NWO, if that's still what they're doing. So probably Bats or Taker, and I would go Taker to set up against Edge at Mania.

Loose Cannon
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't put Jericho, Finlay or Kennedy as possibilities to win it. Like I said in another thread, It's eathier going to be HHH, Batista or Taker and I actually might order this PPV, cause I am intrigued by who will win

thedamndest
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I would go so far as to say the real winners of this Royal Rumble will be the fans. And we elect to face CM Punk.

Indifferent Clox
12-17-2007, 02:25 PM
As we know the Rumble is coming just around the corner, it’s the foundation for Mania and where most of the big storylines are built, what do you think will come of this years rumble?

Winners:

Your contenders to win the Rumble are (IMO):

HHH
Y2J
HBK
Kennedy
Taker
Batista
Finlay

I can’t see anyone else winning it, I think a HHH victory is on the cards to face Randy at Mania. There hasn’t been any resolution from the stuff that went down at No Mercy, so I would except and also look forward to a decent programme between these 2

I’d love to have MVP in a moment where he’s the only guy in the ring waiting for the next guy to come down the ‘OHHHH YEAHHHHHHH!’ kick in and Matt runs in and they start brawling, this would then lead up to a mania match and the pop should be huge.

On the other side of the main event scene I would expect Taker/Edge, however they set it up (via Elimination Chamber)

Brand vs Brand matches:

I would guess JBL vs Jericho (urgh)

Batista doesn’t have a lot to do, so maybe Kennedy Vs Batista. Story could be Kennedy has beaten 8 champs, but not Batista?

That’s pretty much most of the main players taken care off, just throw the rest into a money in the bank and we have ourselves a wrestlemania

I agree with your prediction that Triple H and orton will fight, but prolly at NWO. I think it's just be a big match before mania, but the winner will fight the winner of that at mania.

I agree with most of your stuff. I'm pretty sure that's how the undertaker thing will go down. Undertaker in an elimination chamber... has that happened?

I'd love to see the MVP thing happen.

Indifferent Clox
12-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I would go so far as to say the real winners of this Royal Rumble will be the fans. And we elect to face CM Punk.

hahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahhah

omg