PDA

View Full Version : JR is Such a Twat

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, last night he said, in regards to JBL interfering at Armageddon, "A commentator has no right to get involved with a match!"

Yeah, so what the fuck does he call breaking a glass jar over Tazz's head at Summerslam '00?

Nark Order
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
You aren't supposed to remember that.

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM

What, so these really aren't the droids I'm looking for?

The One
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM

To be fair, I had more or less forgotten about it...

TOVO Fact: Tovo never leaves the toilet seat up.

Evil Vito
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
<font color=goldenrod>You see, Tazz was a heel then...and heels are the exception to every rule. Hence why its perfectly acceptable for a face male to beat a heel woman.</font>

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
To be fair, I had more or less forgotten about it...[/COLOR]

I remember everything. Even Max Moon.

Nark Order
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I remember everything. Even Max Mini.

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I remember everything. Even the Macho Midget.

The One
12-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I Still Remember...

TOVO Fact: Tovo hates when he gets a bad haircut.

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
You better be saving these facts for a special edition DVD. (And no that did not used to say "addition. :shifty:")

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
<font color=goldenrod>You see, Tazz was a heel then...and heels are the exception to every rule. Hence why its perfectly acceptable for a face male to beat a heel woman.</font>

It is equally true that when a woman heel interferes in a match she is a jezabell or whatever while a face woman doing the same thing is standing up for her self. You see there is a double standard.

Jeritron
12-18-2007, 12:57 PM
He also said "Chris Jericho has challenged JBL to a fued" lol

Kane Knight
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
LOL. Doesn't King interfere in a lot of matches?

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2007, 01:15 PM
LOL. Doesn't King interfere in a lot of matches?

Didn't King just jump Santino after a Jericho match 3 weeks ago?

RVDmark
12-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, last night he said, in regards to JBL interfering at Armageddon, "A commentator has no right to get involved with a match!"

Yeah, so what the fuck does he call breaking a glass jar over Tazz's head at Summerslam '00?

You seem to have missed the several times this year his own broadcast partner has wrestled. That Tazz and JBL were wrestlers. But as you say JR's losing it.

XL
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Vince owns the whole of wrestling and thus wrestling history. So, with that in mind, it is quite acceptable for J.R. to "forget" the times that Tazz or King or even himself have gotten involved with matches.

It's the same as having Jeff Hardy stand there and proclaim that his match against HHH for the Number 1 Contendership was the biggest of his career, comletely neglecting that he has fought for the WWE Title before.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Vince owns the whole of wrestling and thus wrestling history. So, with that in mind, it is quite acceptable for J.R. to "forget" the times that Tazz or King or even himself have gotten involved with matches.

It's the same as having Jeff Hardy stand there and proclaim that his match against HHH for the Number 1 Contendership was the biggest of his career, comletely neglecting that he has fought for the WWE Title before.

Yeah, but back then, Jeff knew he didn't have a real shot, not like this time. :shifty:

Blitz
12-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Wooooooooo TOVO facts return :love:

KYR
12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
To be fair, I had more or less forgotten about it...

TOVO Fact: Tovo never leaves the toilet seat up.

TOVO, I'm starting to worry. "You never leave the toilet seat up", you prefer "candles to lamps"...I'm sensing that rather than being the hard-edged, straight-talking oracle of this forum, you're actually a big, softy, romantic, sensitive new-aged guy. :wtf:

thedamndest
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Side note (which may be in the Raw thread) did anyone else notice that Lillian announced Melina as Kelly Kelly last night?

thedamndest
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd still hit it.

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
You seem to have missed the several times this year his own broadcast partner has wrestled. That Tazz and JBL were wrestlers. But as you say JR's losing it.

Well Lawler actually being in a wrestling match is different. I can even forgive Lawler's beatdown on Santino, as that took place after a match.

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Side note (which may be in the Raw thread) did anyone else notice that Lillian announced Melina as Kelly Kelly last night?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAZaAkSaIoA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAZaAkSaIoA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

What I hear is "Jillian, Layla, Kelly Kelly and Victoria."

I had no idea who was who for half the match.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAZaAkSaIoA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAZaAkSaIoA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

What I hear is "Jillian, Layla, Kelly Kelly and Victoria."

I had no idea who was who for half the match.

So there are 4 Kellies in the match?

Theo Dious
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
So there are 4 Kellies in the match?

I don't know, but there were definitely 18 very nice things in that ring at one point. :naughty:

steveironcity
12-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Dont diss JR, or you will get an OU beatdown! (HSd to get an OU reference in)

RVDmark
12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
TOVO, I'm starting to worry. "You never leave the toilet seat up", you prefer "candles to lamps"...I'm sensing that rather than being the hard-edged, straight-talking oracle of this forum, you're actually a big, softy, romantic, sensitive new-aged guy. :wtf:

Maybe he's gay.;):rofl::rofl::rofl::D

RVDmark
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't know, but there were definitely 18 very nice things in that ring at one point. :naughty:

:eek:

FourFifty
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Unless it was with Bret Hart or HBK you can't ask us to recall anything that happened over 2 weeks ago.

darkpower
12-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Unless it was with Bret Hart or HBK you can't ask us to recall anything that happened over 2 weeks ago.

What he said.

Mr. Nerfect
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM

I would have gone with "a woman." It's less to type.

I miss the days when King use to antagonise JR. That's also what made it mark-out material when King used to stand up for JR. It was like "Hold on, I might be all for making fun of JR, and I might slap him over the back of the head for the hell of it, but he's my commentary partner, dammit!" Whenever JR calls the Whisper in the Wind a Twist of Fate, King should jump down JR's throat for it. Reminding JR that commentators like he and JBL can do whatever they want is another thing he should be jumping down JR's throat for.

My word, I'd have marked out so hard if King just turned on JR after that, and said "So, JR, it's alright if I beat up Santino Marella, but JBL beats up Jericho and it's a crime? You're such a hypocrite!"

Mr. Nerfect
12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
A serious question about Jim Ross:

Do you believe that part of the reason JR used to be a great commentator, was not solely because he poured so much emotion into things, but because as Head of Talent Relations, or whatever he used to do, he knew the wrestlers a lot better?

I mean, JR strikes me as the kind of guy to know the wrestlers and be on talking terms with them, but the guy is a lot older now, and more removed from the heart of the WWE. He wouldn't spend nearly as much time at the office, and probably focuses a lot on his wife, his health, his restaurant, and even his blogs.

I personally think they should cut JR from RAW, and have him move backstage, and help with coaching newer guys to the position. I mean, the WWE has Todd Grisham who is learning on Heat, Josh Mathews, Jack Korpela and this Max Bretos guy (I'm not sure if he's still around, though). Keep JR around, but have him do some Heat commentary. Maybe have him do alternative DVD tracks with wrestlers on their releases. Give him the occasional on-screen appearance, and just move him back to a less time consuming role on TV.

Kane Knight
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
No. I think his decline began before he left talent relations, and has to do with his own passion for the business as such. Or maybe, simply because of his health. God knows, he's been through a lot.

Mr. Nerfect
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
No. I think his decline began before he left talent relations, and has to do with his own passion for the business as such. Or maybe, simply because of his health. God knows, he's been through a lot.

That's probably it. The guy's just getting older and can't handle as much. They really should get someone new to sit in. I remember really digging Joey Styles when he first showed up. Why the WWE feels the need to edit him is beyond me.

Innovator
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
JR is still the best play by play guy in the business. Before they try and get rid of him again, they better find someone who can call a match better. Cole sucks and Styles is now a shell of himself

The One
12-19-2007, 02:21 PM
We should ditch commentary booths. On TNA programming just give Nash a mic and let him talk over everything and on WWE do the same thing with JBL. It's bound to be brilliant!

...or maybe not, but it'd be fun for a while anyway...

TOVO Fact: Tovo always uses a towel to clean his machine after working out.

Innovator
12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Shouldn't it be The One Version Two now?

The One
12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
TOVT? First it doesn't sound as good, and second, why am I upgrading a version?

TOVO Fact: Tovo enjoys a glass of Gin & Tonic with his lunch.

Innovator
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Starting up the TOVO Facts again, I thought you were going to a new version. A new sleaker, sexier version.

Theo Dious
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Shouldn't it be The One Version Two now?

What is he, Microsoft?

Kane Knight
12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
What is he, Microsoft?

No, if he were Microsoft, it'd be "The One, Version Oatmeal SP5 Beata."

St. Jimmy
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM
The One Ultimate.

Innovator
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM
The One, Version One Beta One Point Three Niner

Theo Dious
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I just hate it so much when they release a new Tovo just when the old one becomes cheap enough for me to afford. :rant:

Heyman
12-21-2007, 10:48 AM
JR is such a Twat

On the contrary.

While I do believe that JR has been on the receiving end of numerous UNMITIGATED cum facials from the likes of Khali, Umaga, and Dave Batista, I also don't think that's he a big a twat as people make him about to be.

The ONE reason why Jim Ross is still (FAR AND AWAY) the best PBP man in the business (despite his constant screw-ups) can be summed up in one word: Passion.

JR has a true passion for the business. In big time matches, I'd pick NO ONE over JR.

Guys like Cole, etc., etc. may screw up less than JR, but you can really tell that it's a "JOB" to them. For JR, he eats, sleeps, breathes, (and often times, blows;)) the business.

Paul Heyman is another guy that is phenomenal for this reason. While gys like Lawler, etc., seem to be just "doing their job", Heyman seems like a guy who genuinely loves the business.

Passion can't be replaced.

JR has passion. JR is still far and away the best in the biz. No one comes (cums?) even close.

Theo Dious
12-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Having previously been great is no excuse be allowed to sit there verbally soiling yourself every week. He should have stayed as Talent Relations VP and turned the booth over to Coach years ago. JR is doing what people accuse Flair of doing, tarnishing his own legacy by allowing himself to become a joke. At least Flair remembers how to put the Figure Four on someone, whereas JR often can't remember which Hardy he's looking at, or what he should be calling Jericho's finishing move.

Kane Knight
12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Problem is, Coach sucks.

I mean, it's an unfortunate truth, but people will cling to a former glory over a future nothing.

Innovator
12-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Coach was abysmal in the booth when they had 3 guys calling RAW

Kane Knight
12-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Coach was abysmal in the booth when they had 3 guys calling RAW

To be fair, King was being a little bitch and trying to make him look bad.

Theo Dious
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
To be fair, King was being a little bitch and trying to make him look bad.

Seriously, he has some basic skill, but he's had no time at all to develop it. How well could any of us do our jobs if we had a practically un-firable jerk leaning over our shoulders and harassing us? With some experience and a good environment, Coach probably would be better than Cole at least.

Kane Knight
12-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Seriously, he has some basic skill, but he's had no time at all to develop it. How well could any of us do our jobs if we had a practically un-firable jerk leaning over our shoulders and harassing us? With some experience and a good environment, Coach probably would be better than Cole at least.

I agree. Not that I think he's a great, but it's not like JR doesn't make mistakes all the time, and King didn't jump on him or make him look bad. Sure, Coach isn't exactly knowledgeable, or a GREAT commentator, but he's more than competent compared to the normal fuckups they hire.

Innovator
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
King jumped on Coach, who in turn jumped on Joey.

Coach is great in the role he's in now

Savio
12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
The One Edition