PDA

View Full Version : Road Dogg and the WWF

Fox
12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
So, I watched the New Age Outlaws shoot interviews on YouTube last night (which, if you haven't seen them, you really should watch them because even though a lot of what they say is bullshit, it's a great video), and I couldn't help but notice how utterly bitter B.G. James i.e. Road Dogg Jesse James was toward the WWF/E.

He touched on some ideas that they had constantly lied to him and told him bullshit that never came true.

I would assume it would be a Bam Bam type situation, where Vince promised him a WWF Title run at some point, but

Does anyone know any details on James' release and what these lies were that were told to him?

Zen v.W.o.
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Why so bitter? The guy sucked, always has. NAO sucked too.

Xero
12-28-2007, 09:10 PM
How do you know that wasn't one of the lies he told?

Maybe he was talking like that to favor TNA... Angle's done it... And many others have.

Fox
12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
How do I know that what wasn't one the lies he told? Rephrase yourself, man.

Fox
12-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Why so bitter? The guy sucked, always has. NAO sucked too.

Dude, I'm sorry, but the New Age Outlaws were one of, if not THE best tag team during the Attitude Era. They were pretty much the total package of tag team wrestlers, and they definitely would have lasted a lot longer if it weren't for Gunn's injury in 2000 and Dogg's release later that year.

Zen v.W.o.
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
There were a few teams better than they were.

Cooler Tom Schuler
12-28-2007, 09:36 PM
So what you're saying then is that during the Attitude Era there were only a few teams that didn't suck?

Zen v.W.o.
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I havent cared much for tag wrestling since the early 90's, so saying the NAO were good during the attitude era to me means nothing because they were good as compared to what? Any other era they'd be shit.

And even in the era they performed in, I thought they were behind Edge/Christian, Owen/JJ, and the Hardy's. Not to mention LOD.

I mean, it's the fucking Road Dogg......I cant wait to be alone with my baby tonight.

Fox
12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Edge and Christian had no mic skills for the longest time. Not until they hooked up with Kurt Angle mid-2000 did they really start to come into their own, and by that time, Gunn was nursing his rotator cuff and RD was in that shitty rapper team with K-Kwik.

Same thing goes for the Hardys. No mic skills, but they were entertaining... so long as they had some ladders, chairs and tables to break.

That's strictly opinion though.

The question is, does anyone know what happened with Road Dogg and the WWF that made him regret his time there so much and swear never to return?

CSL
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know any details on James' release and what these lies were that were told to him?

Drug release I believe. Was taken off the road/sent to rehab a few times.

As for him being bitter, my guess would be he believed in his own hype/popularity for a while (Outlaws/DX being white hot at the time) and when it came to not being able to fall back on 'Oh you didn't know' or DX, he had nothing. Probably just having a hard time realizing that. He'd jump @ another offer from Vince.

Pardeep 619
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Lol as to how Road Dogg hates Jim Ross' guts. And as much a Bret Hart fan I am, lol to their comments when the interviewer said Bret Hart said they were midcarders.

BigDaddyCool
12-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Edge and Christian had no mic skills for the longest time. Not until they hooked up with Kurt Angle mid-2000 did they really start to come into their own, and by that time, Gunn was nursing his rotator cuff and RD was in that shitty rapper team with K-Kwik.

Same thing goes for the Hardys. No mic skills, but they were entertaining... so long as they had some ladders, chairs and tables to break.

That's strictly opinion though.

The question is, does anyone know what happened with Road Dogg and the WWF that made him regret his time there so much and swear never to return?

He is bitter because they fired him. Also something about being used and wishing he was HHH instead of an Armstrong.

Pardeep 619
12-28-2007, 11:06 PM
BTW my estimation of New Age Outlaws went up a lot after watching the shoot interview. Fucking hilarious

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
New Age Outlaws are the most overrated team ever IMO.

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I've never really liked Road Dogg. Always liked Billy Gunn way better.

Theo Dious
12-29-2007, 09:05 AM
New Age Outlaws are the most overrated team ever IMO.

THANK YOU.

The One
12-29-2007, 10:44 AM
New Age Outlaws were the best Tag Team of all time. I'm sorry, I've been around, I've seen the Freebirds, I've watched Road Warriors, I even suffered through the Road Warrior rip offs Demolition. I've laughed at E&C, been amazed by The Hardyz, and scream like a mad man over TOTAL ELIMINATION...but there has never, and I truly doubt there ever will be, a team that I would mention in the same breath as the NAO. I will never be able to put my finger on WHY, but that team just captured lightning in a bottle as far as teams go. Their chemistry was flawless, and despite being formulaic at times...fuck it...if the formula works time and time again, why change it?

TOVO Fact: Back in the day Tovo had the entire "Ladies & Gentlemen..." speech automatically play whenever he turned on his computer.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-29-2007, 11:26 AM
New Age Outlaws were the best Tag Team of all time. I'm sorry, I've been around, I've seen the Freebirds, I've watched Road Warriors, I even suffered through the Road Warrior rip offs Demolition. I've laughed at E&C, been amazed by The Hardyz, and scream like a mad man over TOTAL ELIMINATION...but there has never, and I truly doubt there ever will be, a team that I would mention in the same breath as the NAO. I will never be able to put my finger on WHY, but that team just captured lightning in a bottle as far as teams go. Their chemistry was flawless, and despite being formulaic at times...fuck it...if the formula works time and time again, why change it?

TOVO Fact: Back in the day Tovo had the entire "Ladies & Gentlemen..." speech automatically play whenever he turned on his computer.

Is TOVO implying that the NAO are better than Two Dudes With Attitudes? Because I simply cannot accept that, even from TOVO.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2007, 12:25 PM
They were no Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon, that's for sure.

DarKCentaur
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I thought Head Cheese was better than NAO

DarKCentaur
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Then again, I'm a huge Blackman mark. Go figure.

Seriously though, NAO never did it for me. They never tried to tweak their gimmick at all, and all of their matches were the same: Billy Gunn gets beat up the whole match, hot tag to Road Dogg, he jukes and jives and punches, Billy Gunn comes in, FAME-ASSER, 1-2-3. I always thought E&C and the Hardys were light years ahead of them. And I was much more interested in the Dudleys when they came along.

Rob
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I laughed so hard at how upset they get at being called mid-carders. They WERE mid carders. At best!

Fox
12-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I think at one point they say "Bret Hart?! What did HE ever do?"

Lol what the fuck did you guys ever do besides win the WWF Tag Titles?

Theo Dious
12-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I think at one point they say "Bret Hart?! What did HE ever do?"

Well, Billy Gunn became involved in a homosexual relationship with Chuck Palumbo. He also made Jim Ross say "ass" way too many times on TV. And Road Dogg did... umm... lots of drugs, and spent a lot of time talking on the microphone.

Fox
12-29-2007, 06:58 PM
He also welcomed many, many people to "The Dog House."

Rob
12-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah he did fuck all in the business.

Especially in comparison to them.

Fignuts
12-29-2007, 09:35 PM

Oh look, a kliq member praising a big pile of shit. Shocking.

Zen v.W.o.
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Bret probably didnt even rate them...thus the midcarder thing. Road Dogg? Who the fuck is that? Oh yeah, that talentless hack.

Theo Dious
12-30-2007, 03:51 PM
He also welcomed many, many people to "The Dog House."

Ah. So Billy and Road Dogg were both involved in gay angles.

Fox
12-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Of course.

What did you think "gettin' rowdy, gonna move some thangs" meant? He and K-Kwik were the first interracial gay couple in WWE history.

Impeccable
12-30-2007, 04:44 PM
He'd jump @ another offer from Vince.

Didn't they both have heat at the beginning of the year in TNA for saying they'd welcome an offer from Vince?

Theo Dious
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Of course.

What did you think "gettin' rowdy, gonna move some thangs" meant? He and K-Kwik were the first interracial gay couple in WWE history.

That's so sweet. :love: