PDA

View Full Version : Three 6 Mafia Appreciation Thread..

Kris P Lettus
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
They have consistantly been jamming since I first heard them in like 1993 as SPV Click (South Park Vets).. Way before Adventures in HollyHood DJ Paul and Juicy J along with Lord Imfamous (Scarecrow), Crunchy Black, Gangsta Boo, Gangsta Black, Project Pat, and others (including former No Limit rapper Fiend) had a uniques Souther Gangster sound that was like a horror movie on wax.. The style was later stolen by Easy E and taken to a young group B.O.N.E. (Budda'd Out Niggas Everyday) who were formerly called "The Band Aid Boys".. At that time they had a few albums "Face of Death" be the biggest where they sounded like Caribbean chipmonks.. After Easy brought that murder on wax style to them, they Became BONE Thugs N Harmony and ended up going platinum with hits like "Crossroads".. It took years for Hypnotize Minds to catch on in the mainstream and by that time they had dropped the horror movie Hip hop to be more traditional Dirty South sounding.. I believe they first hit big with "Sippin of some Syzerp" and went on to have numerous other hits and even won an Acadamy Award for scoring Hustle and Flow.. I am glad Paul and Juice still make music together even though the other orginal members are few nd far between, Paul and Juice's production and beats make them still the shit in my book.. I mean, "Gotta Stay Fly" and "Dope Boy Fresh" are two of the tightest sound to come out in the past couple of years..

Anyway here is a sample of the older shit for those unfamilier..

Mystic Styles Sampler

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gywqOrNL1bE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

The End

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T15U2KHmmTs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

They have also been alot of spin off albums and groups.. Headbusters, Profit Posse, all the underground mixtape, all Project Pats solo shit, etc etc..

Most of yall prolly wont like them, but they are def in my top 20 acts of all time and just listening to their shit makes me feel so nostalgic I get goosebumps..

Kane Knight
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I probably wouldn't have known them except for my friend Bill, who's huge on them. They've got some pretty memorable tunes. Can't think of any, but I haven't been in a "rap" mood for a while, so I haven't listened to any rap act that's not Cypress Hill.

Kris P Lettus
12-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Fair enough..

St. Jimmy
01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Stay Fly is amazing. No really. Seriously.

Kris P Lettus
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Not into their newer stuff near as much as Live By Yo Rep, Mystic Stylez, The End, and World Domination..