PDA

View Full Version : UT'S return....

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Seems Im in an all-too familiar spot right now. Judgement Day, 2000 I was there when UT came back from his groin/knee injury and brought with him the Biker image. I don't know if anyone else saw this PPV live but before he made his entrance he pulled his motorcycle to the top of the ramp and sat there for almost 5 minutes with his headlight on. Everyone in the arena realized immediatly who it was and started chanting his name. When he FINALLY drove down the ramp the reactions of the crowd were less than enthusiastic.

I dont know why the WWE would tell him to ruin his own return since it wasn't even promoted (but assumed) that Taker would return.

Now, 4 years later, I'm going to MSG in less than a week to witness another return of the UT. I just hope that WWE doesn't build a big graveyard with a big mound of dirt in the middle and just before the UT/kane we see UT go and bury himself in the dirt. :rant:

Corkscrewed
03-08-2004, 04:03 PM
LOL. I'm kinda disappointed that they actually advertised his return. They could have been a tiny bit more inconspicuous and say "Will the Undertaker return?" and just leave space on the card for a match. People can assume that he'll come back, but at least they wouldn't be overtly advertising it. Other than that, the angle has been really hot.

SuperSlim
03-08-2004, 04:09 PM
the angle has been rather nice... but just wait... there is still time for them to mess it up completely

Joe Kerr
03-08-2004, 04:16 PM
the angle has been rather nice... but just wait... there is still time for them to mess it up completely
by time you mean tonight....the last raw before wrestlemanina

Razor Rybek
03-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I wish for once, something could be kept secret, just for a few weeks. I for one would've marked out like a bitch if Undertaker returned at mania, and I had no idea he was gonna be there. Now I know he'll be there, my reaction will probably be more for his choice of outfit than his actuall return

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
By outfit you mean all black with purple gloves then I'll be marking out right along with ya.

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
by time you mean tonight....the last raw before wrestlemanina
Oh god....dont give em any ideas :mad:

Joe Kerr
03-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I actually think raw will be boring kinda protecting everyone for Mania.. Im sure there will be a final taker Promo...unless they do one on smackdown again.

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 05:03 PM
dont forget "this is your life" with Rock n Sock :|

The CyNick
03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
This might be news to some people, but "marking out like a bitch" doesn't put dollars in the WWE's pockets.

Notice that the WWE advertised The Rock's return to the local Atlanta market and they sold out the arena, but they didn't advertise it to the TV audience, and guess what? The rating did not go up.

Somewhere there is a lesson that everyone should learn from and understand.

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 06:01 PM
I agree with what you said but the point I wanted to make was the WWE botched Takers return once, I dont wanna see it happen again.

StrongMad
03-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I wish for once, something could be kept secret, just for a few weeks. I for one would've marked out like a bitch if Undertaker returned at mania, and I had no idea he was gonna be there. Now I know he'll be there, my reaction will probably be more for his choice of outfit than his actuall return

couldnt agree more. like when the people that didnt go on the internet for wrestling stuff didnt know what the countdown for the millenium was, and when jericho came out, marked like all hell. that would be fun to do something like that again. too bad everyone knows taker will be back. i think it would have been cooler to have them be like "will he be back" and then at the match kane waits for a while, and everyone goes "well i guess hes not coming back" and kane rips a promo about how he was right and that the undertaker is dead, and when hes about to go backstage again, taker comes out from like the bottom of the ring or something similar. but, its not gonna happen now, is it? :(

Ricky
03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
This might be news to some people, but "marking out like a bitch" doesn't put dollars in the WWE's pockets.

Notice that the WWE advertised The Rock's return to the local Atlanta market and they sold out the arena, but they didn't advertise it to the TV audience, and guess what? The rating did not go up.

Somewhere there is a lesson that everyone should learn from and understand.Are you talking about his return last week?

Because if you are, then how do you know ratings haven't gone up? Like you say no one knew he was going to return, meaning obviously no one was tuned in for it. But now the word has spread, we will have to see what rating tonights Raw does to see if it has any effect.

Rain Man
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I can't wait to see this is your life tonight personally. And I doubt Raw is going to suck. I mean I don't think there will be many matches because they wanna build up matches for WM, but I think Kane will cut something in the ring, and like the ring will go up in flames or some shit!!... haha i wish, but i am excited about raw tonite

Ricky
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Also I've always wondered what it must have been like to be in the crowd at JD 2000. I was watching it at home and I had no idea Undertaker was comming back that night, and when he wrote out on the bike I didn't recognise him at all because of how differently he was dressed. It was only when JR said "That's the Undertaker" that I realised who it was. If I was in the crowd with no commentary, I don't think I would have realised until he took his sun glasses off who it was.

The Show Off
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
They aren't going to botch his return. 'Taker will show up at Wrestlemania as the the Phenom and the roof will blow off of Madison Square Garden. I know most of you feel scared from what the WWE has done in the past, but sometimes believeing they'll put on a good show and being positive won't be a bad thing.

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Also I've always wondered what it must have been like to be in the crowd at JD 2000. I was watching it at home and I had no idea Undertaker was comming back that night, and when he wrote out on the bike I didn't recognise him at all because of how differently he was dressed. It was only when JR said "That's the Undertaker" that I realised who it was. If I was in the crowd with no commentary, I don't think I would have realised until he took his sun glasses off who it was.

Well considering UT is almost 7' tall and is 320 lbs, it was either Kane or UT ...and for some reason I just knew it wasn't Kane.

mr_socko
03-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I read a rumor on some other site that Paul Bearer is supposed to return with him.....

jessica rocks
03-08-2004, 07:08 PM
not again...

The CyNick
03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Are you talking about his return last week?

Because if you are, then how do you know ratings haven't gone up? Like you say no one knew he was going to return, meaning obviously no one was tuned in for it. But now the word has spread, we will have to see what rating tonights Raw does to see if it has any effect.

The point is they advertised Rock's return in Atlanta beforehand, and as aresult they sold out the arena.

However, on TV they never mentioned that Rock was coming back, as a result the rating from last week didn't show improvement from the week before. So, they missed their chance to increase ratings with Rock's return.

This week's rating doesn't really mean as much because he's already been back, so the chance to capitalize on Rock return has passed.