PDA

View Full Version : The Rock vs. Jeff Hardy

Fox
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zFLGQn0nLA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zFLGQn0nLA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I know there's a YouTube thread, but I think this deserves its own thread because a) it reminds us how great The Rock was as a heel, and b) it's a good video to use to compare this Jeff Hardy (2003) to today's Jeff Hardy. Watching the one from this match is like a slow-motion version of today's Jeff. He really has come a long way.

Hanso Amore
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
HE was the most over face, and most over heel, AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME.

Hollywood Rock was the shit.

Hollywood Rock in Smackdown here comes the pain is the shit.

Anything related to him is the shit.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Rock is a baldo.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
The thing about rock is that he got it, and so few people do. It isn't about the moves you do. It is about is about what you do inbetween moves and how the moves are strung together.

Jeritron
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I thought Jeff Hardy was released/left before that....this must have been close to his last appearance/match. It might even be.

I think his state at the time probably has something to do with his in ring work, so I don't know that this is the best way to compare his abilities then to now. Either way, he is better than he was. But it'd be more fair to compare a match from 02 or 01-00 to his current day stuff.

Hanso Amore
01-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Look at those fucking pants.

No Question he was on something

ozzman6669
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
It was is last match, he was released during that week if my memory is good.

Mr. JL
01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
lol at Hardy's 'people elbow'

CSL
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow. Hardy has/had absoloutely no desire to be in the ring.

Dorkchop
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Jeff Hardy was horrible in 2003. Actually, he was pretty terrible up until a couple of months ago.

Also Hollywood Rock was probably the best "Rock" ever. His mannerisms in the ring were so great. The self clapping, pointing to his head (to show he's smarter). Even something small like sitting up for a couple of seconds (and eventually the clapping) after a Samoan drop was great.

I know he's never coming back, but if he did, and came back as Hollywood Rock, I'd mark the fuck out.

Theo Dious
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
It was is last match, he was released during that week if my memory is good.

I believe he was actually released during the match.

Wasn't this shortly after that point where JR kept calling him "conflicted" and there was the angle where Shawn Micheals was trying to knock some sense into him?

El Fangel
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
I would mark out so bad if like someone was getting beat down, and all of a sudden it goes dark, the chopper video plays and

IF YA SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'

Hell thinking about and typing that gave me a tingly feeling.

Shadow
01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
We don't talk about 2003 Jeff Hardy. Ever.

El Fangel
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
We don't talk about Jeff Hardy. Ever.

Juan
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm guessing The Rock will come back once his movies start flopping big time.

Jeritron
01-05-2008, 05:12 AM
I'm guessing The Rock will come back once his movies start flopping big time.

Seeing as his last few movies have been his most successful and/or critically acclaimed thus far, I don't know if and when that will come.

I recently read that GamePlan was his second most successful (behind Scorpion King) to date, and Gridiron Gang and Southland Tales were considered some of his best work, and I heard they were actually decent. I haven't seen either, so I can't really say.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dwayne Johnson scores a breakout role though. I don't mean he'll transform from transitional actor to a big star like Will Smith Mark Whalberg or Jaimie Foxx, but I wouldn't be suprised if he has one suprisingly legitimate performance.

Jura
01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
The Gameplan wasn't bad. Sadly, I don't think he will ever come back to wrestling or even make an appearance. It seems like he's distancing himself further and further every time from the wrestling business. I think that's a very smart move even though I wish to see him as "The Rock" again. A lot of older wrestlers are dependent on the wrestling business but the audience grows and changes with every new generation and look at how much Mick Foley is cheered now and Sergeant Slaughter, IRS, etc. Look at most of these wrestling legends and other wrestlers and look whats happened to them. They're either dead, washed up or something else. Living a normal life is as good as it gets for most of them. In the ring The Rock has elevated himself as one of the very best and outside of the ring Dwayne Johnson is on the path to doing the same.

Kalyx triaD
01-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Gotta say... Charisma out d ass