PDA

View Full Version : Get me into a sport

Indifferent Clox
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I have a hard time getting into any sport on tv besides wrestling and MMA. Boxing and shit like that is awesome to.

I love playing basketball, soccer, baseball etc. But I cna't stand watching full games.

But I want to, I get excited if my friends are watching but I get easily distracted about half way through.

It would give me a lot more to discuss and pay attention to if i had sports. So please help me get into a sport of your choosing and tell me when and where to watch the best games.

D Mac
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Syncronized Swimming

Bad Company
01-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Rugby?

Indifferent Clox
01-06-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah rugby would be amazing
Synchronized rugby!

I like playing sports and whne i watch them it makes me jsut want to play them, I mean i do the same thing with wrestling and MMA but... I like the charecters and the contact and shit. I dunno everything else seems like it's too structured and only a certain amount of possibilities exist. Or it's pussy like figure skating (which I'm sure is beautiful and shit but I'm not really gonna watch that)

SammyG
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
The National Football League. Watch the playoffs, they have already started, more games on Saturday and Sunday.

The NBA. All over ESPN, TNT, and ABC.

the MLB. Fox, ESPN, anywhere. Sopcast.

FakeLaser
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
See sig

Juan
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8z8hI3-EQI8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8z8hI3-EQI8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zRmXd1wvNXg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zRmXd1wvNXg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pPh-tbGJxk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0pPh-tbGJxk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BTW, Lebron James = overrated

D Mac
01-07-2008, 01:35 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFKWzyUqNfw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFKWzyUqNfw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SammyG
01-07-2008, 02:37 AM
lol gonna assume that's the fight.

weather vane
01-07-2008, 02:46 AM
NHL

Team Sheep
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeh get into the NFL. Just tolerate all the breaks and you'll be okay lol. This is probably the best time to get into it as it's the playoffs and you won't see a bad game.

Boondock Saint
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I've quite gotten into Golf over the past year...although something tells me that's not what you're looking for...

Y2C
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Women's beach volley ball.

Best sport in the world.

ClockShot
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Bowling.

Bad Company
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I've quite gotten into Golf over the past year...although something tells me that's not what you're looking for...
me too, love playing golf on my weekends, and Wednesdays!

Stickman
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Curling.

Cooler Tom Schuler
01-13-2008, 02:50 AM
I love playing basketball, soccer, baseball etc. But I cna't stand watching full games.

Bet on them.

YOUR Hero
01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Hockey will rock your world.

D Mac
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Nah hockey sucks.

ct2k
01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
FOOTEH

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_04/122yakubu_468x318.jpg

D Mac
01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
lol no

OssMan
01-14-2008, 12:16 AM
did you watch the NFL games today....that should get you into football WOOOOOOOOO

Y2C
01-15-2008, 05:41 AM
He clearly said in the first post that he wants to watch something that's exciting, so why the fuck are people saying boring sports like soccer & grid iron?

yianni
01-15-2008, 07:33 AM
AwFuL is the greatest sport in the whole wide world (yes there is a world beyond Victoria). It's the greatest sport in the world because you can finish last and be the 16th best team in the world or you can win the Grand Final and be world champions. It's a tough competition too, alot of demanding games, once a week for 22 out of the 52 weeks of the year! :eek:

WestNZ
01-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Gaelic footy is good to watch too but it is bloody hard to find on TV. I get 2 games a week on DVD delivered seeing that there aint shit available in New Zealand

D Mac
01-16-2008, 04:29 AM
He clearly said in the first post that he wants to watch something that's exciting, so why the fuck are people saying boring sports like soccer & hockey?

Destor
01-16-2008, 05:19 AM
Professional pissing

Maverick
01-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Americas Next Top Model:: Spectator sport.
http://www.cwtv.com/page/topmodel_episodeguide.html

Y2C
01-18-2008, 04:31 AM
AwFuL is the greatest sport in the whole wide world (yes there is a world beyond Victoria). It's the greatest sport in the world because you can finish last and be the 16th best team in the world or you can win the Grand Final and be world champions. It's a tough competition too, alot of demanding games, once a week for 22 out of the 52 weeks of the year! :eek:

Atleast AwFuL doesn't reward a team for having an unaccountable defence, despite there being 4 defenders and 1 or 2 forwards. You also don't see 87 minutes of nothing followed by 1 bullshit umpiring decision that directly influences the outcome of the match. People also don't fall over their own feet just to get a free kick (except for Lloydy but he's a poof). If you want to see high numbers then you should count the number of riots instead of the number of goals scored.

But yeah, soccer is clearly the best sport in the world simply because it is popular. But then again Hitler & Bush were also popular, so that should also make them fantastic.

Indifferent Clox
01-18-2008, 04:58 AM
I like watching soccer/football but I can't really keep up.

What the F is AwFul?

and if you say me I will kick your teeth like a kicker in american football.

yianni
01-18-2008, 05:54 AM
Atleast AwFuL doesn't reward a team for having an unaccountable defence, despite there being 4 defenders and 1 or 2 forwards.

No but AwFuL rewards a team a point for missing the goals. "oo, ya got close enough, have a point on us"

You also don't see 87 minutes of nothing followed by 1 bullshit umpiring decision that directly influences the outcome of the match. People also don't fall over their own feet just to get a free kick (except for Lloydy but he's a poof). If you want to see high numbers then you should count the number of riots instead of the number of goals scored.

Fucking bullshit. 1 bullshit refereeing decision can directly influence ANY SPORTING GAME!! And not everything has to be high scoring, as I've said to Rob many a time (and in many contexts) gimme a 0-1 over a 7-7 or something any day.

But yeah, soccer is clearly the best sport in the world simply because it is popular. But then again Hitler & Bush were also popular, so that should also make them fantastic.

And it can also make you a shitload times more money as a player than if you played in the AwFuL or the Waffle or the Quaffle or the SNUFFLE

Y2C
01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
The point of the behind (notice the pun) is to eliminate draws, because people want to see a winner.

In practically every other sport in the world, the game is decided by plays throughout the entire game, not by a single moment in the game. You can dominate the play for an entire game of soccer and then get 1 decision tha costs you the match, whereas in other sports if you dominate for the whole game then the result is never in doubt even if 1 thing doesn't go your way.

Fucking NASA spacemen earn lots of money so why don't you watch them all day? I don't give a fuck how much they're paid, it's how exciting they are that matters.

Stickman
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Lacrosse - think basketball with sticks and hitting.

yianni
01-19-2008, 03:40 AM
The point of the behind (notice the pun) is to eliminate draws, because people want to see a winner.

In practically every other sport in the world, the game is decided by plays throughout the entire game, not by a single moment in the game. You can dominate the play for an entire game of soccer and then get 1 decision tha costs you the match, whereas in other sports if you dominate for the whole game then the result is never in doubt even if 1 thing doesn't go your way.

That's the drama you clown. That's what makes it the best.

The point behind the behind (pun intended) is to reward mediocrity.

Y2C
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
You want the best side over the entire game to win, not the best side over the entire last 5 minutes.

yianni
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
90 minutes is 90 minutes, anything goes within that time. A game can also be won in the first 5 minutes of a game with a team scoring 2 quick goals.

So why do you have finals? Shouldn't the best team over the course of the regular season be rightly crowned champions instead of playing in a finals series where more often than not they get knocked out/lose the GF?

Y2C
01-19-2008, 11:47 PM
You should complain to every other sport in the world about that one.

yianni
01-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Every other sport in the world has got it right on that one.

AwFuL should fuck off the Wizard Cup or whatever it's called, plus the 4 weeks of finals and use the extra time to extend the league season so that every team plays each other twice both home and away (so that there can be no complaints about an uneven draw). But since this country has some strange obsession with finals then maybe play a top 4 over 2 weeks (1v2, winner a week off and straight into the GF, loser into prelim, 3v4 with the loser out, winner to play in prelim). A top 8 is silly since 7th or 8th has never won it before (and I dont think 6th has either), top 4 should play finals and thats it

Bazooka
01-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Hockey will rock your world.

damn right. The highlights for hockey are pretty sweet too if you miss a game.

Football is my 2nd choice. Chargers!

The Lone Wolf
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I think ruby might be the most phisically demmanding sport out there. i try and watch it whenever it is on and i cant help but be in amazement when i watch it. just think football without pads and without any breaks.