PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Symonds is a Monkey

Bad Company
01-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Thoughts on the Australian cricket team, who can give shit, but not take it?

Renaissance man
01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
A lot of Bloody Hipocrites. Preaches to the rest of the cricket world about fair play and being honorable but when push comes to shove it flies out the window. I am going to enjoy the day they crash and burn.

Downunder
01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Symonds is a tool, always has been.

He looks like a monkey, he acts like a tool and he talks like a tool.

Actually he looks like Al Jolson
http://www.japanprobe.com/march06/gospellers/jolson.jpg

Y2C
01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
In fairness tho, "racism" was a huge issue leading upto the tour and they were warned alot about calling Symonds a monkey (I'm not saying that calling him a monkey is racist, I'm just saying that if somebody tells them not to do something & they go ahead & do it anyways, then they can't complain about it).

Now they're having a sook because they lost a test match - fucking hell not even the poms do that.

If there's 1 guy who'd be glad that Harbajan has been suspended it's Ricky Ponting, coz he's been wiping his arse with Punter's cricket bat all summer.

Downunder
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Has anyone actually thought that calling him a monkey isn't a slur against his race (what the fuck is he anyway?) but a comment on the way he looks - fucking dreadlocks all over the place and that fucking stupid zinc cream on his lips.

Andrew Symonds - YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING MONKEY

http://www.cricketfundas.com/andrewsymonds21.jpg

Bad Company
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
He does look like a Monkey, and Sledging is a big part of Cricket, Everyone does it. It should just stay on the Pitch.

yianni
01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
They're all a bunch of fuckwits. Symonds just gives me the fucking shits though. Hearing that cunt talk is like listening to a baboon trying to order a ham sandwich

Y2C
01-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Has anyone actually thought that calling him a monkey isn't a slur against his race (what the fuck is he anyway?) but a comment on the way he looks - fucking dreadlocks all over the place and that fucking stupid zinc cream on his lips.

Andrew Symonds - YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING MONKEY

I know that, but at the start of the series the cricket organisers said "don't call Symonds a monkey" and they went ahead & did it anyways. It was made clear that calling him a monkey would be looked upon as a racist comment, so you can't really have any sympathy if they are warned about it beforehand...

toxic rooster
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
That's pretty much exactly it. Monkey has been considered racist for as long as I can remember - and Harbhajan knew full well that's what he was saying too. End of argument.

India are just being a bunch of cry babies. At the end of the day, they couldn't get through 2 overs with 3 wickets

Found it pretty rich Kumble attempting to take the high ground, like his players would walk or somehow above claiming a grassed catch. Both sides are as guilty as each other of gamesmanship, everyone wants to win cricket matches, get over it.

The umpires were also dud and sometimes you cop that. Everyone gets a few bad calls - visiting teams to the subcontinent for years were all but guaranteed to have their LBW shouts turned down. Point is, it happens to everyone. So moan about it for a few days like you're entitled to, then get on with the next match and stop being such bloody sooks.

yianni
01-08-2008, 09:56 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

toxic rooster
01-08-2008, 12:22 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2DxyAGzGxM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2DxyAGzGxM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Cactus Sid
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Symonds is English for the record

Cue Pom-bashing

El Capitano Gatisto
01-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I thought the Indians problem wasn't not being allowed to call Symonds a monkey, but that no umpires actually directly heard him being called a monkey but just accepted Australian claims that he was.

Y2C
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Surely there should be some lip-reading organisation (or even stump cam) that should be able to tell what was said. If Symonds was to make a false claim regarding that, then he should be banned for atleast a year. Otherwise I don't see why somebody would make a false accusation about something so serious. FYI there has been times in the past where players made claims against an Aussie (I think Boof Lehmann may have been one of them) and the benefit of the doubt was given towards the team making the complaint.

yianni
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
I read that the stump cam evidence wouldn't be admissible because they're meant to be turned off when the ball isn't in play or some shit like that.

Y2C
01-09-2008, 01:26 AM
I thought that it was on during play, but the tv stations chose to stop using them during telecasts because people like Gilchrist would use them to promote their sponsors during play. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

toxic rooster
01-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Pretty sure everyone heard Boof though

Kid Robb
01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Fuck I don't understand some people...

Harbhajan called him a monkey in India during the ODIs, at the same time the crowd was doing it for the last three matches of the 7 match series. Symonds went to Harbhajan after the 7th match in Mumbai and told him he was offended and it wasn't cool, Harbhajan apologised and it was all ok. Symonds told Ponting about what had happened and Ponting wanted to report it (as the ICC directs all Captains to do when it comes to matters of racism), but Symonds convinved him not to and said it was all ok.

So this time Harbhajan does it again, using the same racist remark to the same player, and suddenly they're all surprised when it gets directly reported.

There's a difference between sledging on the field and being racist. You can bet every last dollar that if an Australian used a racist remark on the field it would get reported, and rightly so. Yes they sledge, they'll have a crack about a bloke playing and missing a few times, or suggest that he isn't good enough to play Test cricket, but they won't be racist in doing so.

The ICC made a point of trying to be strong on racism by ordering Captains to report incidents or risk being fined/suspended. Now that an incident is reported and dealt with they have caved in to the Indian Board of Control in a flash. If the ICC weren't such pussies they'd deal with the issue of racism properly instead of continuing to act as a toothless tiger.

And as for "monkey" not being racist - I guess it's also not racist when Italian soccer fans used it to taunt African soccer players, or when Spanish fans used it to taunt Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Cole and co during a friendly against England.

Everyone wants to have a crack at the Aussie team because they're the best in the world, and if anyone seriously thinks that when the WIndies were dominant in the 80s Curtley and Courtney and co weren't sledging the fuck out of their opponents they are kidding themselves.

And while we're on "spirit of the game", its pretty hard to respect a team that demands an umpire be removed. I remember a Test in 2001 in India where we lost 7 wickets after tea on the final day to lose the match then 5 of the 7 were LBW and all were given by the same umpire, an Indian. We didn't bitch about it, we got on with the job. Bad umpiring happens, it balances out in the scheme of things.

It's incredibly ironic that the Indian team threaten to go home at every opportunity to get what they want, yet its the Aussies that are copping the bad wrap for being bad sports. Maybe the Aussies should refuse to play in Perth unless Harbhajan's conviction for making racist remarks is maintained.

Downunder
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Just to clear a few things up.

Harbhajan Singh:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40946000/jpg/_40946387_harbhajan270.jpg

Andrew Symonds:

First black man called second "black" man a monkey, the proper response (if Symonds actually had a brain) would have been some thing like "hello pot" or "ROFL have you looked in the mirror lately mate".

Seriously.

yianni
01-11-2008, 01:20 AM
And as for "monkey" not being racist - I guess it's also not racist when Italian soccer fans used it to taunt African soccer players, or when Spanish fans used it to taunt Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Cole and co during a friendly against England.

Fucking oath it's racist, nobody's arguing against that. :D

On a side note and just loudly, Ashley Cole is a fuckwit, just keep crying about everything you stupid piece of shit

yianni
01-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Just to clear a few things up.

Harbhajan Singh:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40946000/jpg/_40946387_harbhajan270.jpg

Andrew Symonds:

First black man called second "black" man a monkey, the proper response (if Symonds actually had a brain) would have been some thing like "hello pot" or "ROFL have you looked in the mirror lately mate".

Seriously.

Nah Symo would be "oy mate, I'm fuckin Roy, shut your fucken gob or I'll get me mates to belt the crap outta ya *untranslatable dribble*". The fucking monkey...........look-a-like ;););):p

R I hear the SEN switchboard has gone awol the last few days with calls about this whole thing lol

Y2C
01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
In fairness tho (and this is where my racist rant begins), some mates of mine have been to India and they say it's the smelliest and dirtiest place that they've ever been to in their life, so it probably isn't <i>that</i> racist for them to call other people monkeys.

Did anybody see An Aussie Goes Bolly on Fox 8 last week? The bloke was at an indian backpackers joint & they showed him the toilet which was pretty much a hole with a tap next to it, which you use the water to clean yourself. The Indian goes to him "you use your left hand to wipe yourself" and Gus is like "wtf I use my left hand to hold my beer!" :rofl: :rofl:

Y2C
01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
ps Harb looks like a chucker in that pic.

yianni
01-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Did anybody see An Aussie Goes Bolly on Fox 8 last week? The bloke was at an indian backpackers joint & they showed him the toilet which was pretty much a hole with a tap next to it, which you use the water to clean yourself. The Indian goes to him "you use your left hand to wipe yourself" and Gus is like "wtf I use my left hand to hold my beer!" :rofl: :rofl:

Haven't watched any of it but the ad on TV shits me to no end and I'm led to believe that guy is part of the Fanatics so on that alone he and his show can get fucked. Having said that good call :D.

It's been a bit of a laugh watching the old blokes hit about on channel 10 (whatever it's called)

Downunder
01-12-2008, 07:57 AM
ps Harb looks like a chucker in that pic.

You're only saying that because he's blackb

Y2C
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm only saying that coz his arm is fuckin bent. :roll:

Y2C
01-14-2008, 12:27 AM
And yes, calling somebody a chucker is racist, but calling somebody a monkey isn't. :y: :y:

Y2C
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Haven't watched any of it but the ad on TV shits me to no end and I'm led to believe that guy is part of the Fanatics so on that alone he and his show can get fucked. Having said that good call :D.

It's been a bit of a laugh watching the old blokes hit about on channel 10 (whatever it's called)

I think it's on tonight at 8:30. I don't think he's apart of the fanatics coz he tends to sit in the middle of all the opposition supporters. But you shuold watch it coz it's fucken hilarious him taking the piss out of the indian culture. :D

yianni
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
At the end of the day those cunts have the last laugh with all of us copping hell from telemarketers from there. :( :D

Y2C
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
At the end of the day we get the last laugh coz their telemarketers get paid fuck all.

Downunder
01-15-2008, 05:02 AM
At the end of the day Roy still looks like a fucking monkey

Y2C
01-15-2008, 05:18 AM
lol India withdrew their claim against Hogg and will play the 3rd test.

That just confirms that they're a bunch of sooks.

Downunder
01-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Isn't it time Australia withdrew their claim against Singh.

And Symonds grew a set.

fucking wanker

a monkey looking wanker at that.

Downunder
01-15-2008, 06:10 AM
I miss the proper cricketers like Allan Border and Steve Waugh

yianni
01-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Isn't it time Australia withdrew their claim against Singh.

And Symonds grew a set.

fucking wanker

a monkey looking wanker at that.

Agreed to all

Downunder
01-15-2008, 07:38 AM
WOG BOY
GLORY ARMY
WOG BOY
GLORY ARMY

yianni
01-15-2008, 07:42 AM
come join a proper league cunt!

WestNZ
01-16-2008, 04:02 AM
a fuck'n big waste of time if you ask me. to save arguments, they are both monkeys, and Dan Vettori will shit on them both

yianni
01-19-2008, 03:53 AM
THANK YOU INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Company
01-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah, that was needed.
Waugh's side was better anyway.

Y2C
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL

Still 2-1 up in the series & were beating their old record anyways so who gives a fuck if they make it or not. All that means is that we are as good as we were 5-6 years ago, which isn't too bad for me.

toxic rooster
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Symonds clearly edged the ball onto his pads

oh crap. better cancel the tour

Y2C
01-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Symonds clearly edged the ball onto his pads

oh crap. better cancel the tour

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hussey's was also going well over the top of the stumps, so therefore both umpires should be sacked.

Bad Company
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, they were bloody terrible calls. I rekon world sporting umpires are getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Y2C
01-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't neccessarily think that umpires are getting worse (they have been terrible since the dawn in time) but technology is getting better, which isn't gonna make them look good.

The point of the whole thing is that during every game you will always get calls go with you & calls go against you - the umpires, just like the players, aren't perfect either. But when something doesn't go your way then you just get on with it and don't bitch & moan like a 4 year old.

Downunder
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Y2C is correct